Stammering Lips and Other Tongues

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
We tend to put the Apostles on a pedestal. But the truth is that they were ordinary folks like you and I. In fact, I see them as bungling idiots half the time.

They were chosen men
We tend to put the Apostles on a pedestal. But the truth is that they were ordinary folks like you and I. In fact, I see them as bungling idiots half the time.

Jesus said it best.

Luke 18:8
"... when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Paul was given the meaning of the New Covenant by revelation from Christ Himself.

No man on earth had this knowledge but Paul. In fact, the 12 apostles learned it from him.

I really don't care how you feel about Paul! I would have loved to heard it from him.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really don't care how you feel about Paul! I would have loved to heard it from him.
Don't get me wrong. I look forward to meeting him as well.
I just don't see the sense in idolizing anyone. They are only human after all.
What you admire about them was God-given, correct?
Credit where credit is due.

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were chosen men
Indeed.
But what were their qualifications?

Acts 4:13
When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RCrihfield

Sep 25, 2020
Alliance
✟16,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Isn't it possible that Isaiah is prophecying of the coming into the kingdom of the gentiles (babblers..strange tongues). The Jews had a real problem with this which frustrated Paul.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tongues is prophecy spoken in all the language of the nations. The promise of Joel, men and women from all nations with their new tongue the gospel. It as a tool of evangelizing can drive out lying spirits and raise the dead to new born again life.

A sign against the unbelieving Jew who refuses to hear the understanding of God. But rather do whatsoever their own mouth declare as oral tradition of the fathers kings and princes. They are shown as falling backward indicating under the spirit of God's judgment. Some call it slain in the spirit.

• Informative
Upvote 0