Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a question about this passage. I had a class dedicated to pastoral care for my MA. In the protestant church, many individuals read this passage before providing pastoral care. In the orthodox faith, is pastoral care the same as it is in other denominations? Prior to my start in orthodoxy I was called to pastoral care. I was just wondering how and what pastoral care is in orthodoxy? In many protestant churches, this passage is read prior to praying for others. Is that the case in orthodoxy as well.

ST. PAUL'S LETTER TO THE EPHESIANS 6:10-17

Your insights are most appreciated.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
in my experience, pastoral care in Orthodoxy is much more rooted in the Incarnation and man's deification. it's not just giving advice for better dealing with life in the pigpen, but helping the other come to himself and return to the Father's house.

Upvote 0

MHall

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2019
San Antonio
Visit site
✟47,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
in my experience, pastoral care in Orthodoxy is much more rooted in the Incarnation and man's deification. it's not just giving advice for better dealing with life in the pigpen, but helping the other come to himself and return to the Father's house.
Thank you for sharing. This makes sense.

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

MHall

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2019
San Antonio
Visit site
✟47,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pastoral care covers a multitude of problems and situations. There isn't a single set of verses that cover the all unless its James instruction to ask for wisdom.

This is true. This is why prayer is so important before engaging in all activities. Our failure to ask for God's blessing and wisdom leaves our actions without purpose or meaning.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0