Visit site
✟117,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Meh, the saints say a lot of things. I don't think we should regard things like this positively:

The Zionists want to rule the earth. To achieve their ends they use black magic and satanism.

Upvote 0

SingularityOne

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2018
Nashville
✟538,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
do you think Zionists are trying to rule the world through black magic?
I’m curious as to why you won’t answer my question?

I would say it’s much more articulate than that, to answer your question though. I trust the Saints over academia and the mainstream media.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
do you think Zionists are trying to rule the world through black magic?
I don't think anything would shock me anymore, knowing that certain political cults have in fact emerged in which the constituents therein were murdering children in ritualistic human sacrifices in order to maintain and grow their power. This isn't just the stuff of movies. The movies, rather, are based on reality. So it's not a question of "if" black magic is being practiced, but only a question of "who" is practicing it. Is our spiritual sight more clear than this elders' is, so that we can be certain that he is mistaken? I have strong doubts about my spiritual sight, so I'm not prepared to rule out the elders' claims.

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟117,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I’m curious as to why you won’t answer my question?

I would say it’s much more articulate than that, to answer your question though. I trust the Saints over academia and the mainstream media.
I think my response is a pretty clear answer - if they aren't, that's really harmful accusation and a really weird thing to say, and you may assume that I think it's wrong.

I'll point out a few things here: one problem even modern elders have is spurious things being attributed to them. You hear about it all the time with St Paisios and St John of Shanghai. I don't know if that's the case here. But we also have the problem that in the past, there was some selective pressure: not everything everybody says is a gem, but when it's costly to record and you have decades and even centuries to sort the wheat from the chaff, we refine our selection. Not as much today, when any ephemera can be collected - and if people don't practice discernment, we miss that. The saints are hardly infallible, they often disagree, individuals may be good at one thing and miss another.

When it comes to elders that are not 'in the world', they are especially prone to having no clue about public life.

Upvote 0

gzt

Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟117,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't think anything would shock me anymore, knowing that certain political cults have in fact emerged in which the constituents therein were murdering children in ritualistic human sacrifices in order to maintain and grow their power.
I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what you're referring to here.
Just as an example, here's one case: Brazilian Court Acquits Alleged Satanic Cult Leader in Murder Trial - 2003-12-06

There were 19 boys, between the ages of 8 and 13 who were confirmed to have been murdered in these rituals. It was community leaders, including the mayor, who were committing the crimes. So we can no longer buy into the notion that just because people are successful enough to become leaders that they are above the commission of such evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gzt

Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟117,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Municipal leaders in quite literally the middle of nowhere, and did those actions really grow their power? I don't claim that people becoming successful leaders, even on the world stage, are above the commission of various evils (after all, Bush murdered hundreds of thousands for sport and Obama carried on the campaign, we just passed the 25th anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre which was part of the Bosnian genocide - with great power comes great capacity for evil). But this is very different from trying to run the world through black magic. And note for the record I'm opposed to Zionism, which is an additional part of why this sort of thing annoys me: it allows us all to be painted with the brush of being loony, anti-Semitic conspiracy theorists.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Municipal leaders in quite literally the middle of nowhere, and did those actions really grow their power? I don't claim that people becoming successful leaders, even on the world stage, are above the commission of various evils (after all, Bush murdered hundreds of thousands for sport and Obama carried on the campaign, we just passed the 25th anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre which was part of the Bosnian genocide - with great power comes great capacity for evil). But this is very different from trying to run the world through black magic. And note for the record I'm opposed to Zionism, which is an additional part of why this sort of thing annoys me: it allows us all to be painted with the brush of being loony, anti-Semitic conspiracy theorists.
Those who truly believe in Christ are painted as looney fanatics anyway, even by so called other Christians. Christ Himself was accused of being mad because he openly stated to the Jews that they wanted to kill Him. One of His followers openly states that power hungry people resort to the worship of Satan and practice of black magic and he is a crazy conspiracy theorist. Like I said, maybe a man of unceasing spiritual warfare and relentless self denial is able to know things that we don't. Maybe he isn't the one who is crazy.

Upvote 0

SingularityOne

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2018
Nashville
✟538,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think my response is a pretty clear answer - if they aren't, that's really harmful accusation and a really weird thing to say, and you may assume that I think it's wrong.

I'll point out a few things here: one problem even modern elders have is spurious things being attributed to them. You hear about it all the time with St Paisios and St John of Shanghai. I don't know if that's the case here. But we also have the problem that in the past, there was some selective pressure: not everything everybody says is a gem, but when it's costly to record and you have decades and even centuries to sort the wheat from the chaff, we refine our selection. Not as much today, when any ephemera can be collected - and if people don't practice discernment, we miss that. The saints are hardly infallible, they often disagree, individuals may be good at one thing and miss another.

When it comes to elders that are not 'in the world', they are especially prone to having no clue about public life.

I didn’t see any answer in your response... unless there was an edit to it after the fact. But, yes, I do believe that the Zionists are trying to bring their false-messiah into political power (aka; the antichrist) through black magic. The antichrist is going to come from the tribe of Dan through fornication. But, I digress.

I trust the Saint’s prayer life over mine, although they inspire me to deeper prayer by their lives and teachings. Again, those who are followers of Christ will be ridiculed by the mainstream. It depends on the hierarchy of authority each person has to figure out what the truth of things is.

I have the possibility of being wrong, but this is what I currently believe.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟753,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This whole concept of easily blamed “Zionists” is unwholesome. My paternal Syrian ancestors fled oppression in the late 19th century & it was not because of “Zionists”. If I had been born in Syria, my modern misery would probably be blamed on “Zionists”.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,270.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This whole concept of easily blamed “Zionists” is unwholesome. My paternal Syrian ancestors fled oppression in the late 19th century & it was not because of “Zionists”. If I had been born in Syria, my modern misery would probably be blamed on “Zionists”.
Absolutely. I think it behooves us to not BE on a side regarding the Jews. They're not our business or concern anymore. The idea that they are is a late 19th century Protestant idea that the Catholics strangely also absorbed. They are just souls like us who need Christ just like we do. If they turn to Him, they have "first dibs", fine and dandy. We're not supposed to worry about that. Hating them is obviously an insane sin.

It IS true that in the pre-Holocaust world, and to a decreasing extent afterwards, a small number of highly wealthy Jews had inordinate influence on world affairs. But that has long been changing, and now ethnicity is so mixed and the connection of that ethnicity to the Judaic Faith so abandoned, that it is mostly irrelevant now. There still IS the Rothschild family, there still are others, but they are hardly representative of Jews as a whole anymore, and ascribing their sins to all is the sin of judging others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Meh, the saints say a lot of things. I don't think we should regard things like this positively:

It's completely true.

I think that these black magicians and satanists are behind this whole gang stalking phenomenon also.

Through the prayers of The Holy Martyrs Saint Cyprian and Saint Justina to Our Lord Jesus Christ and by The Sign of The Cross may we be saved from and have victory over these evil people and their witchcraft Amen.

The Lives of Sts. Cyprian and Justina

Saints Cyprian and Justina and what we can learn from their story as Christians (Repost)

Making The Sign Of The Cross (Orthodox Videos)

Orthodox_icon_of_Saints_Cyprianos-Justina_1800x1800.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, it's not. You continually present your non-Orthodox views on this forum. If it were someone with a different church affiliation they would be asked to leave. I do believe that you spend more time fighting Orthodoxy as taught by the Fathers than you do actively supporting it. This includes your opposition to any supernatural knowledge from the Saints that doesn't support your Western worldview. I stand beside what I said.

Also, the views of the age of earth.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hermit76
Upvote 0

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Also, check out these Anathemas from Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville, New York on page 10 :

https://jordanville.org/files/Articles/Anathemas.pdf

" To the Masons, the Occultists, Spiritualists, Sorcerers, and all who do not believe in one God, but honour the demons, who do not humbly surrender their life to God, but strive to learn the future through the sorcerous invocation of demons, ANATHEMA! "

Home

Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON
full

Thread cleaned of the snark. Please stick to discussing the topic - not members.
ADMIN HAT OFF
I disagree with your assessment that ALL of my comments are "snark." This is the Orthorox forum. The consistency of a posters' adherence to the Orthodox faith is relevant to the OP as is their history of denying the significance of sainthood in the Eastern Orthodox Church. Do we not have admins that understand the EO theology, tradition, etc that can make these judgements?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.