• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

St. Louis Police Officers Indicted In Beating Of An Undercover Colleague

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SummerMadness, Nov 30, 2018.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+8,476
    Christian
    St. Louis Police Officers Indicted In Beating Of An Undercover Colleague

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SummerMadness

+8,476
    Christian
    [​IMG]

3. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,433
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    IF they were going to beat protesters and the officer was under cover, would not leaving him be while they beat others blow his cover?

Not that they should be beating anyone.

4. SummerMadness

+8,476
    Christian
    So what you're saying is they had to beat him so as not to blow his cover? If we all have lumps, but Gary doesn't have a scratch, it might mean Gary is on the take. :D

5. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,433
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Only if they knew who he was and knew he was undercover.

But St Louis is big enough that they likely did NOT know him. In which case he (along with everyone else who got beaten) have a serious case of police brutality to pursue.

Interestingly, I watched an episode of JAG last week from the early 2000s about a guy at Guantanamo who was being taken for "advanced interrogation" and resisted so he was beaten into a coma by the Marine guards. Turned out he was an Army investigator working under cover.

6. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,318
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
  7. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+7,688
    United States
    Married
    And that is why show like JAG are just that, TV Shown and the reason that I do not watch quasi Military law enforcement shows like Jag and NCIS, because they actually have a very anti-military theme.

As that was my last duty assignment on active duty, I will try to put your mind at ease, the guards at GTMO, be them Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard do not conduct interrogations of detainees and never have, we “guarded” them. We also were not even physically present during interrogations, but were close buy.

In regards to that episode, which I have not seen, it would be impossible for anyone to go undercover. There is no way they would trust that person. He would need to have a spot on and perfect accent and dialect, he would need to know just about everybody in “his” village, valley and province and other people would have to know him too, and not that he just showed up six weeks ago, he would have to know every local custom, who did he fight with during the Soviet invasion or who his father fought with. Who are his family and people would also have to know them as well. Nope, not ever going to happen. Especially after the CIA moved away from HUMINT (Human assets on the ground) and moved to SIGINT and IMINT (signal intelligence and image intelligence, Radio comms/Cell phones and satellite imagery) back in the 1970s under President Carter.

Other fun facts about GTMO…

The Detention Center was pre-fabricated in the US and transported to GTMO by barge.

The Detention Center was modeled on an existing facility in the State of Michigan.

(Thanks again for what you do with NOAA) :):):):):):)

8. SummerMadness

+8,476
    Christian
    I think shows with any quasi-experts should be ignored. I still laugh at how MRI machines are portrayed in movies, like the "on-off" button for the magnet (the magnet is always on).

9. SummerMadness

+8,476
    Christian
    'It's still a blast beating people': St. Louis police indicted in assault of undercover officer posing as protester

10. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+9,348
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Well, maybe...

And the reason for covering it up and lying to the federal investigators?

That should be a given...
    It was all in good fun.

11. usexpat97

usexpat97 kewlness

+872
    Presbyterian
    Single
    What disgusted me about this all along is, why are they planting undercovers masquerading as protesters in the first place? I have an idea: how about not doing that?