St. Louis Gun-Brandisher Mark McCloskey Announces Run for Senator of Missouri

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Good Day,

I wonder if they get their weapons back... I know they purchased new ones shortly after they were taken.

In Him,

Bill

I don't see why they wouldn't -- they've been pardoned, therefore, in the eyes of the right, they are utterly exonerated and their crime never happened.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day,

I wonder if they get their weapons back... I know they purchased new ones shortly after they were taken.

In Him,

Bill

I don't believe so, based on my reading of Missouri forfeiture law. Since the weapons were used in the "commission of a crime," they are subject to civil forfeiture. It is an odd situation with the individuals who brandished them being pardoned but the pardon does not mean the criminal act did not occur and it actually still indicates they were guilty of the crime, even if their guilty verdict has been removed.

I will say, I'm not a fan of forfeiture laws, overall. The seizure tends to occur regardless of the guilt or innocence of the individual, often based on a "suspicion" of the officer, (some small towns in states like Texas use these laws to pay for their law enforcement) and, even after an innocent verdict, it can be almost impossible to get your property back (depending on state/local laws).

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
FYI: He’s actually made that same movie over a dozen times (many of which we’ve watched and forgotten) just under different names. He’s turning into Steven Seagal.

Show me Steven Seagal's version of Rob Roy and I'll be happy.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Usually candidates make some effort to conceal their crimes. But for some, it's all they have as a claim to fame. [Polling has him in 6th place within the GOP.]

img_3652.jpg

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
People standing up for themselves and protecting their family against the victimization of an angry mob has always been a deeply popular narrative in the collective unconscious of the American public.

It's in Huckleberry Finn when the man steps out his front door to fire a warning shot at the mob he berates as cowards (because they are). It's why we suddenly sympathize with the Monster in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein when the mob shows up with torches and pitchforks. It's why Liam Neeson got to make Taken three times despite it being interesting only once.

It's a popular narrative...because despite the attempts to spin it, one man defending what is his against the many looks brave.
Except nobody was attacking the man, they were just walking by. As a brave person, this man looked like a little scared boy. But I understand he had to defend that expensive chandelier.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Isn't Missouri where Eric "RINO Hunting" Greitens is also running for Congress?

Ah, yes...

It would seem that McCloskey is looking to out-Rambo his primary opponent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,981.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
He got 3% of the vote.

Maybe he should go brandish his gun at the board of elections.
I mean not for nothing, he came in 5th in a 21 person primary. Not bad for somebody who literally only had one single controversial incident to base his whole campaign around.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I mean not for nothing, he came in 5th in a 21 person primary. Not bad for somebody who literally only had one single controversial incident to base his whole campaign around.
#rigged #stolen #deepstate

Upvote 0