✟32,051.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
features interviews with people who knew him
It is a confusion. Nobody from the documentary knew him. Do not confuse with Elder Joseph of Vatopedi.

The spiritual path is as follows:

Saint Joseph the Hesycast
||
\_/
Elder Joseph of Vatatopedi (a link provided above)
||
\_/
Brotherhood of Vatopedi from which are pictured father Athanasios (now Metropolitan in Cyprus) and Abbot Ephraim (the present Abbot of the brotherhood). Also, some monks from Vatopedi appear as actors.

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It is a confusion. Nobody from the documentary knew him. Do not confuse with Elder Joseph of Vatopedi.

The spiritual path is as follows:

Saint Joseph the Hesycast
||
\_/
Elder Joseph of Vatatopedi (a link provided above)
||
\_/
Brotherhood of Vatopedi from which are pictured father Athanasios (now Metropolitan in Cyprus) and Abbot Ephraim (the present Abbot of the brotherhood). Also, some monks from Vatopedi appear as actors.

Thank you for the correction, my apologies for the misinformation. I'll correct the original post :)

Also, I appreciate the in depth information, thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
TAW,

I happened along this trailer for an upcoming documentary/docudrama on St. Joseph the Heyschast, and I thought I'd share the find with you all as I hadn't seen anything posted on it yet. It looks to be VERY well done to me. I couldn't find a release date, but I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Here is a link to an article on the docudrama.

Trailer for new St. Joseph the Hesychast documentary with Jonathan Jackson published online (+VIDEOS)

St. Joseph pray for us !

I didn't see this thread until now, just saw the trailer and almost posted a thread on it before double checking the board for duplicates.

But yes it does look as far as production values, music cinematography etc. goes! Looks interesting too. I've sometimes been bored by a few of the EO films out there like that Russian one from the 90s.... They sometimes move much slower than Western attention spans (all Russian films that is, especially from the Soviet era).

Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0