USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
btw, the patriarchal tradition is that John sent some of his disciples who were asking him about Jesus to Jesus, to ask Him personally, I think.
To ask HIM if HE was the ONE...or should they look for another

Johm was in prison when he had his disciples go to JESUS to ask HIM that question​

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was wondering, how is it considered, regarding his sainthood? Is Elijah also considered somehow "inferior" to whom is least in the kingdom of Heaven?

Thanks.
The same spirit that was in Elijah, is the same spirit that was in John, and will be in another and has been in others since, before and after, the same with other spirits, good and bad...

I'm not real clear about the line your talking about where Jesus says that "Of those born of women, there is none greater than John, the Baptist" and "But, he who is a lesser one in the kingdom of God, is greater than he." (John the Baptist)...

If if the least in the Kingdom of God is greater than John, and there is none greater than John, other than Christ himself... I don't know, maybe someone else here could clarify that one...?

I'll be watching this thread to see if they can...?

Good question.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've done weird stuff in prison, though.
He was shut in and forgot
In the darkness of a prison cell, he began to doubt and question all that he had seen firsthand concerning THE LORD's in HIS MINISTRY

So, he sent his disciples back to ask "are you the ONE?"

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The same spirit that was in Elijah, is the same spirit that was in John, and will be in another and has been in others since, before and after, the same with other spirits, good and bad...

I'm not real clear about the line your talking about where Jesus says that "Of those born of women, there is none greater than John, the Baptist" and "But, he who is a lesser one in the kingdom of God, is greater than he." (John the Baptist)...

If if the least in the Kingdom of God is greater than John, and there is none greater than John, other than Christ himself... I don't know, maybe someone else here could clarify that one...?

I'll be watching this thread to see if they can...?

Good question.

God Bless!
Does that mean all of those born of women, (by a man) (all except Christ), does that mean that none of us go to heaven, or, that none of us (or the spirits in us) are "from" heaven, or the realms above, (like Christ is), but are of the (spirits) of the realms below, earthly, beastly, "demonic" some would say, but we can end up going there (heaven) if we are born again (in spirit) (in our spirits to not being demonic anymore, how we start out) anyways but we can go to heaven by being born again of the spirit with and by Christ alone though...?

And, he who is a lesser one in the Kingdom, or who came from the Kingdom of God, is greater than John, and we are all less than John (or the spirit in John that he was of), if we are less than John and one who is lesser in the Kingdom is greater than he, then, what does that make and mean for us...?

Anyone...?

His question is a very good (and difficult) one...

Can anyone untangle it...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I only meant to suggest that perhaps all of the OT saints would fall into the same category .... as in, there really is something "special" about being a Christian? Idk...
The only thing special, (as in different), is that Christians "believe in and on the Lord Jesus Christ" and follow him, and his example, which will, (if they are genuine and true), will make you "different" from those who do not, (if it is genuine and true)...

It will govern you life and your conduct, in a noticeable way to those around you... (again, "if" it is genuine and true)... (There are many fakes out their unfortunately)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I only meant to suggest that perhaps all of the OT saints would fall into the same category .... as in, there really is something "special" about being a Christian? Idk...
They are made perfect with us

They didn't fully know all that they prophecied when THE SPIRIT of CHRIST pointed to the glories and the grace which would come to us in CHRIST JESUS

But they know now

Read 1 Peter 1
And Hebrews 12

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh yeah.... and then I think there is another thing from Patristic study, that Mary the Mother of Jesus is considered "the least" in the Kingdom of Heaven, or something like that? Which would make her "the greatest" actually. Or something.
I don't remember ever reading that in THE WORD of GOD

The least in the kingdom is the "greatest"

And the "greatest" is the servant to all

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like I said, it's a tradition (I think. Maybe.).
Does this help you in any way trying to understand who is a saint and what their role is on salvation?

John 15 is the answer

Understanding who we are in relation to who HE is and as such

REMAINING/ABIDING IN HIM

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I understand your take on it, miknik, however I'll continue to pursue the question, if that's okay with you?
Yes of course
You are free to ask whatever questions you wish

Would it be okay if I continued to offer my responses as well?

If only to make sure that you do understand "my take" which is CHRIST alone makes us ONE NEW CREATION in HIM

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does that mean all of those born of women, (by a man) (all except Christ), does that mean that none of us go to heaven, or, that none of us (or the spirits in us) are "from" heaven, or the realms above, (like Christ is), but are of the (spirits) of the realms below, earthly, beastly, "demonic" some would say, but we can end up going there (heaven) if we are born again (in spirit) (in our spirits to not being demonic anymore, how we start out) anyways but we can go to heaven by being born again of the spirit with and by Christ alone though...?

And, he who is a lesser one in the Kingdom, or who came from the Kingdom of God, is greater than John, and we are all less than John (or the spirit in John that he was of), if we are less than John and one who is lesser in the Kingdom is greater than he, then, what does that make and mean for us...?

Anyone...?

His question is a very good (and difficult) one...

Can anyone untangle it...?

God Bless!
it means anyone who enters into The kingdom by way of THE ONE and ONLY DOOR through faith in CHRIST is saved

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elijah was taken up pretty much after his work was complete and he passed the mantle to Elisha

John did not have that situation
He preached CHRIST yes but then he was arrested and taken where he didn't want to go. In prison and shut out from the physical presence of THE SON and all the miracles that attested to THE TRUTH that CHRIST is THS ONE whom we were waiting for, John allowed his human emotions to be an obstacle to THE TRUTH and in that dark time, he forgot

He who is first ( he who came in at the early hours who has weathered the storms of life that challenge our fsirh) shall be last and he who is last (who comes in at the last hour fresh from
HIS PRESENCE having been born of HIS SPIRIT at the last hour) he does not weather the storms of life that challenge his faith so that at the last hour before THE DIOR shuts, he is fresh and pure and he will be first

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The parable of the workers in the father's field attests to the truth that all receive the same reward (eternal life) but the ones who came in the last hour received what was the father's "presence" first before those who had worked and weathered during the heat of the day

Upvote 0

mcarmichael

Novice
Sep 8, 2014
✟56,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes of course
You are free to ask whatever questions you wish

Would it be okay if I continued to offer my responses as well?

If only to make sure that you do understand "my take" which is CHRIST alone makes us ONE NEW CREATION in HIM
What if that's not okay?

Upvote 0