Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the freaking QUEEN
Beatrix (Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard; born 31 January 1938) is the queen regnant of the Kingdom of the Netherlands comprising the Netherlands, Curaçao, Sint Maarten, and Aruba. She is the first daughter of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld. She studied law at Leiden University. In 1966, she married Claus von Amsberg, with whom she had three children: Prince Willem-Alexander (born 1967), Prince Friso (born 1968), and Prince Constantijn (born 1969). When her mother Juliana abdicated on 30 April 1980, Beatrix succeeded her as Queen of the Netherlands. She was widowed in 2002.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I found a new confessor tonight. :clap:

Penance services are my new favorite thing too. :D It's a great way to get a taste for different confessors in the area.
I really take advantage of the penance services also. I think they are a great opportunity for those who wish to confess & get a different feel of the various confessors available. Especially converts like us. For cradle catholics it may be no big thing. But for converts it is a pretty amazing thing imo.

Upvote 0

JourneyToPeace

His law is love and His gospel is peace
Sep 17, 2010
Canada
✟9,970.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I really take advantage of the penance services also. I think they are a great opportunity for those who wish to confess & get a different feel of the various confessors available. Especially converts like us. For cradle catholics it may be no big thing. But for converts it is a pretty amazing thing imo.

Hmmm... question from a revert, here :) : I know all the Catholic churches in my area offer confession/reconciliation at specific times.... but is this different from a penance service? It sounds like it is different... and I'd like to go to one. Googling it for my area didn't bring much up -- ie, "Catholic penance services Ontario". Hmmm. On Sunday I may have to ask someone at church if they know of our area having services like that.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm... question from a revert, here :) : I know all the Catholic churches in my area offer confession/reconciliation at specific times.... but is this different from a penance service? It sounds like it is different... and I'd like to go to one. Googling it for my area didn't bring much up -- ie, "Catholic penance services Ontario". Hmmm. On Sunday I may have to ask someone at church if they know of our area having services like that.
We usually have them 3 or 4 times a year. It is where various priest from the area gather in your church. All take different stations to hear confession. Various lines are formed & it continues from there.

It's a lovely service beforehand & usually gregorian chant is played while we wait in line.

I think it might be something to ask your priest about.

I doubt much would be found on the internet.

It seems to be a sort of grassroots thing for priests in the general vicinity to encourage confession.

Especially for those that might be embarrassed to go to reconciliation with their regular priest.

I think it is a wonderful encouragement for those in that regard & very informative & interesting for the converts. Just very accommodating for those that fear going to confession or are not all that knowledgeable about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

epiclesis

Legend
Sep 29, 2003
Oregon
✟52,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I hate to be the negative Nancy, but you have to watch out for "penance services"....

what Michie and Jared have said is totally kosher, but where I come from, a penance service is prayer, examination of conscience, and a general absolution.

These are big no-no's.... you are supposed to go to a priest and state your sins, and say your act of contrition and be absolved.
NOT think about them and stay in the pew and be absolved as a group.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate to be the negative Nancy, but you have to watch out for "penance services"....

what Michie and Jared have said is totally kosher, but where I come from, a penance service is prayer, examination of conscience, and a general absolution.

These are big no-no's.... you are supposed to go to a priest and state your sins, and say your act of contrition and be absolved.
NOT think about them and stay in the pew and be absolved as a group.
That is exactly right. Thanks for pointing that out Steph. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not going to lie, chocolate-covered bacon really does sound good. I told you about my bacon/ice cream combo right? :)
Yes I believe you did. :sick:

I have suspicions you are the mastermind behind all of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

Memento Mori

dropdeaddiego.jpg

Upvote 0