St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (6)

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
my favorite season!

Mine, too! Especially after our long, hot Texas summers. I always take a week of vacation in October, even if it's just at home, to enjoy the weather. My favorite thing is when we can turn off the AC and open up the windows. :tutu:

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Mine, too! Especially after our long, hot Texas summers. I always take a week of vacation in October, even if it's just at home, to enjoy the weather. My favorite thing is when we can turn off the AC and open up the windows. :tutu:
My favorite season too!

Not here yet. What a lovely idea - I don't think I can do a week but I might just try to squeeze several days out when it does arrive.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We’re still wearing shorts and sweating our buns off here....it was near 100 here two days ago....

we're just entering that time where it's in the low 60s here in PA and the leaves are starting to change colors.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We are getting only to 80 today, but that's because we are cloudy with t-storms all day. I had a beast of a day yesterday - had to take today off to recuperate. But weather is no good for anything. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A juvie Red Tailed Hawk, making use of an Osprey nest, in Montana, since the Osprey have migrated.

2018-10-03 18_35_05-Osprey Nest Camera - live from Charlo Montana _ Explore.org.jpg
2018-10-03 18_38_06-Osprey Nest Camera - live from Charlo Montana _ Explore.org.jpg

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The unthinkable occurred in central California——THUNDERSTORM AND POURING RAIN!

I felt like Muad’dib!!

or George in a car dealership. it's THUNDERDOME!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That reminds me that I had a silly thought last night. I visited another parish for Vespers and Bible study last evening. The priest wore a black cassock and a larger pectoral cross than I'm used to seeing. It made me wonder - silly like I said - does he wear it at home? I've never seen a priest not dressed like a priest. The only folks I've seen in their "homes" are monastics, and they are always dressed as monastics. I've known monks to swim wearing cassocks. So I can't really imagine a priest not dressed as a priest. I'm guessing there may be actual rules about that?

Upvote 0