St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (6)

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Haven't fact-checked but this seems pretty cool.

View attachment 260090
The blooming flower appears to be another orchid called the white egret orchid. The Holy Spirit orchid, or "peristeria elata" looks like a small dove with wings up inside larger petals.
dove-orchids-pareidolia-12.jpg

Check out some other orchids, Caleana Major, Psychotria Elata and Orchis Italica

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The blooming flower appears to be another orchid called the white egret orchid. The Holy Spirit orchid, or "peristeria elata" looks like a small dove with wings up inside larger petals.
dove-orchids-pareidolia-12.jpg

Check out some other orchids, Caleana Major, Psychotria Elata and Orchis Italica

it's like a dove doing "Oh Heavenly King" at the beginning of Liturgy....

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Image I got from Grandfather Mountain in 2018.View attachment 260419
I spent a season there years ago. In some ways really rough but in some ways good for me. I only wish I'd had a camera. I wish I had photos from that time.

I spent the fall in a mountain cabin of a family member of a friend - a very spry 80s-something man who went to work every day dynamiting to put in roads. I cooked for him to sort of earn my keep though he didn't need me. He was very kind to me. His cabin overlooked a few others and a little farm tucked into a tiny valley. It was fall ... and GORGEOUS! I spent most of my days exploring paths through the mountains and praying while walking or sitting. I left just as the first flakes of snow were beginning to swirl down. It was a hard season because of where I was in life, but very beneficial. I remember many things fondly for that reason.

The fall colors were spectacular that year. I think it was 1991.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2019
Florida
✟20,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I spent a season there years ago. In some ways really rough but in some ways good for me. I only wish I'd had a camera. I wish I had photos from that time.

I spent the fall in a mountain cabin of a family member of a friend - a very spry 80s-something man who went to work every day dynamiting to put in roads. I cooked for him to sort of earn my keep though he didn't need me. He was very kind to me. His cabin overlooked a few others and a little farm tucked into a tiny valley. It was fall ... and GORGEOUS! I spent most of my days exploring paths through the mountains and praying while walking or sitting. I left just as the first flakes of snow were beginning to swirl down. It was a hard season because of where I was in life, but very beneficial. I remember many things fondly for that reason.

The fall colors were spectacular that year. I think it was 1991.

I can see why you'd look at that time fondly!

When I went to Grandfather mountain it was very foggy, wet, and windy. I didn't mind much because it was my very first time traveling up a mountain. Going back down the trail was a very interesting experience as well; a doe managed to sneak up on me! She was about 11-12 feet away! She must have been just as shocked to see me, because once I spotted her she made her way back into the woods.
IMG_1575.JPG

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can see why you'd look at that time fondly!

When I went to Grandfather mountain it was very foggy, wet, and windy. I didn't mind much because it was my very first time traveling up a mountain. Going back down the trail was a very interesting experience as well; a doe managed to sneak up on me! She was about 11-12 feet away! She must have been just as shocked to see me, because once I spotted her she made her way back into the woods.
View attachment 260486
Getting away into quiet beauty of nature is always a good way to get in touch with reality and what's inside IME.

I was pretty nominal in my Christianity back then but I count it as an important milestone on the path.

Glory to God!

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So, about 15 minutes walk from where we live is a former Anglican Church where I attended for a number of years as a child. It was sold a few years ago and appears to have changed hands a couple of times since then, so imagine my delight when I discovered that it has recently been established as a Romanian Orthodox Church!
20190814_173338.jpg
20190814_173354.jpg
Romanian Orthodox Church Sfintii Martiri Brancoveni

Google Maps

We will definitely be visiting soon :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So, about 15 minutes walk from where we live is a former Anglican Church where I attended for a number of years as a child. It was sold a few years ago and appears to have changed hands a couple of times since then, so imagine my delight when I discovered that it has recently been established as a Romanian Orthodox Church!
View attachment 261070
View attachment 261071
Romanian Orthodox Church Sfintii Martiri Brancoveni

Google Maps

We will definitely be visiting soon :)

nice!

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's Greek Festival week in Nashville.. I'll be pouring beverages in the Taverna tomorrow (Sat.) night after a day at work on Historic Music Row.
As a side note, our new Priest is moving in this week, first official service is Sunday.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's Greek Festival week in Nashville.. I'll be pouring beverages in the Taverna tomorrow (Sat.) night after a day at work on Historic Music Row.
As a side note, our new Priest is moving in this week, first official service is Sunday.

where did Fr Gregory get assigned?

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
where did Fr Gregory get assigned?
Fr Gregory starts this week at Holy Trinity Cathedral Carmel, Indiana
Our new priest is Fr. Michael Marcantoni

fun fact: Fr Gregory has served at three parishes, all three named Holy Trinity.

Upvote 0