• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (5)

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by FreeinChrist, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg the byzantine

Greg the byzantine have mercy on me Supporter

+423
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I found my new church! It helps that it's only 5 minutes walking distance. Nice mix of Cypriots and Romanians, and a really beautiful church building (probably a former Anglican church) covered with Iconography.

2. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant Well-Known Member

+205
    United Kingdom
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Sounds wonderful! You are so blessed to have something so near, I hope you have a wonderful time at that parish.

3. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+16,495
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    nice!

4. RosaryChaplet9

RosaryChaplet9 Guest

+0
    We don't have anything like that ... 5 minute walking distance? more like 2 hour drive.

5. nestoj

nestoj Senior Member

+265
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    [​IMG]

Left to right: Patriarch of Moscow, Ecumenical and Patriarch of Constantinople, Patriarch of Jerusalem, Patriarch of Serbia.

It was an amazing Liturgy and, knowing the background, seeing them together was, on itself, a spiritual experience.

6. ArmyMatt

+16,495
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    that looks like Archbishop Anastasios of Albania on the far right as well. awesome shot

7. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,872
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Do you have a link to the article the photo was attached to?

8. nestoj

nestoj Senior Member

+265
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Yes, but in Serbian. This article in English has a similar one.

9. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,872
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
  10. nestoj

nestoj Senior Member

+265
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    He was there...great stuff. All in all, I believe we had the heads of eight autocephalous churches serving a liturgy on that day.

11. ArmyMatt

+16,495
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    musta been an experience

12. Barky

Barky Member Supporter

+80
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    wow, almost 3 weeks and no taverna posts! Get to it!

quick update from me. Through God's Grace I have an engineering job now with great benefits and salary. Being jobless is so hard, but God has blessed me beyond reason (I'll never fathom this, I feel like I don't deserve half of what this job has given me). Glory to God!

I'm slowly trying to assimilate into a Greek Orthodox church that has been friendly to me. If there's anyone in the philly area on this forum I would love to know what church you attend. Prayers for you all.

13. ArmyMatt

+16,495
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    glory to God!

14. E.C.

E.C. Well-Known Member

+919
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    Took my uber difficult language test. Didn't hit the grades I needed.

But, because the Navy and the teachers love me, I now get six weeks of instruction followed by another opportunity to take it.

15. ArmyMatt

+16,495
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    bummer man, prayers!

16. RobNJ

RobNJ So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!

+3,255
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    My father had language "training" in the Army.. Either before or after learning how to "jump out of perfectly functioning airplanes". It was my father(a native German speaker), 8 other native German speakers, and a native German speaking instructor, mostly hanging out & telling jokes in German.

17. ArmyMatt

+16,495
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    when I first got to Ft Campbell they sent me to the Pashto language school. little did I know how much that would help, considering we mostly worked with the ANA (Afghan National Army) who spoke......Dari........

18. RobNJ

RobNJ So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!

+3,255
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Well, in my fathers' case, German was the right language, for The Bulge

19. Philothei

Philothei Love never fails

+2,634
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Hey what's up where is everyone?? Missed the Taverna :)

20. Philothei

Philothei Love never fails

+2,634
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married

Hey look who are here!!! wow...long time no see....:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.