St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony in Tx

a sinner
Dec 25, 2009
Texas
✟25,560.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just got back from a seven day cruise to Alaska out of Seattle. It was truly awewsome! My first real vacation in over ten years. The fiance and I had a blast. We took over 1200 pictures!!! It was supposed to be our honeymoon, but the wedding got moved to August because the new church building isn't ready. So...doing things a little out of order, maybe we'll take another "honeymoon" trip in the fall!!!

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just got back from a seven day cruise to Alaska out of Seattle. It was truly awewsome! My first real vacation in over ten years. The fiance and I had a blast. We took over 1200 pictures!!! It was supposed to be our honeymoon, but the wedding got moved to August because the new church building isn't ready. So...doing things a little out of order, maybe we'll take another "honeymoon" trip in the fall!!!

Sounds great. I heard those cruises are awesome. :D

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This isn't a burrito but I thought it was a bit of humor that might fit in here. :D
lgk3.gif

Just ate three delicious tacos today with 'El Scorcho' sauce upon them! :yum: ^_^ :thumbsup:

My favourite! :cool:

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Very happy for ya! Congratulations upon your upcoming wedding. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,296,791.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

sounds awesome!

Believe me - it was :)

I've spoken with our own Exarch quite a few times - [ I'm usually greeted with a hug and a triple kiss ] but this is the first time I've met with as senior a Hierarch as our Patriarch - he's young and very charismatic and has the knack of making you feel that you really are important to him :)

I also met and chatted with him in a very informal situation as well over the weekend.

I've said it before and I'll doubtless say it again - our Eastern Clergy [ meaning both sides ;) ] seem so much more 'human' than Western clergy.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That's alright. ;) I like my Byzantine Archpriest, myself (even more so than quite a few Roman priests; although, there are a few exceptions). He's a very humble and mercy-giving man. :wave:

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've spoken with our own Exarch quite a few times - [ I'm usually greeted with a hug and a triple kiss ] but this is the first time I've met with as senior a Hierarch as our Patriarch - he's young and very charismatic and has the knack of making you feel that you really are important to him :)

I also met and chatted with him in a very informal situation as well over the weekend.

I've said it before and I'll doubtless say it again - our Eastern Clergy [ meaning both sides ;) ] seem so much more 'human' than Western clergy.

sounds awesome, and I could not agree more about the clergy (for the most part).

sweet!

Reactions: Protoevangel
Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Believe me - it was :)

Sounds lovely. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Two days until I can finally have my first beer in over two months. The very thought of it is so satisfying I can almost taste it already! :yum:

Mmmm... Guinness...

lordofthefiles_homer-drool-1.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Mmmm... Guinness...

lordofthefiles_homer-drool-1.gif
^_^:D

Funny thing is the other day a few of us were talking about how Guiness is actually a healthy beer and therefore good for you. Plus it was made by a priest (or pastor; at least that's what a shipmate said) and thus God wants us all to have Guiness :p

T-minus twenty-four hours and counting.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Funny thing is the other day a few of us were talking about how Guiness is actually a healthy beer and therefore good for you. Plus it was made by a priest (or pastor; at least that's what a shipmate said) and thus God wants us all to have Guiness :p

T-minus twenty-four hours and counting.

and since it's a heavier beer, you prolly won't drink as much (it's sometimes like a meal unto itself) so it's easier to avoid drinking too much. and it's delish, but you gotta wait til the bubbles settle when it is poured.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I know this is about three weeks old, but I promised that I'd post a picture from my graduation as soon as I had a laptop. More importantly the Taverna is on the second page which is nothing short of Arian-level heresy.

I'm on the left and my dad, who's a retired LT, is on the right. This was outside a restaurant that we went to after the graduation ceremony.

Attachments

• WP_000491.jpg
    WP_000491.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.