St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if Catholic seminaries are the same way, but in Orthodox seminaries one can attend without an undergraduate degree. The only difference is that afterward, depending on the field of study, one will get a "certificate of priestly formation" instead of a master's degree.

Upvote 0

Ioannis

I'm home!
Dec 31, 2005
United States
✟16,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if Catholic seminaries are the same way, but in Orthodox seminaries one can attend without an undergraduate degree. The only difference is that afterward, depending on the field of study, one will get a "certificate of priestly formation" instead of a master's degree.

Some seminaries have B.Th. degrees that can be used for priestly formation (Balamand University, University of Thessaloniki and, I believe, Holy Trinity in Jordanville), as well.

Upvote 0

Dylan Michael

Senior Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Central Florida
✟22,492.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In Catholicism, we have Minor and Major Seminaries.
First, I'll go to a Minor to get a Four Year degree.
Then After that, I go to a Major Seminary for the rest of my studies to get a Master's degree.
If I had a degree, then I would go to Minor Seminary for two years for Pre-Theology.

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Catholicism, we have Minor and Major Seminaries.
First, I'll go to a Minor to get a Four Year degree.
Then After that, I go to a Major Seminary for the rest of my studies to get a Master's degree.
If I had a degree, then I would go to Minor Seminary for two years for Pre-Theology.

Are you attending with the intention of eventually being a priest, or for the spiritual benefit, or for some other reason?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I just registered for my first 5K (it's in September)! Yikes!!

Is it going to be hot in September?

We had hot and humid weather today that measured 100 degrees F (and probably more), but we did not want to go outside in the heat just to check the thermometer. Here in September, it has reached 110 to 115 at times.
I will pass on jogging your 5K.

My prayers.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,705.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well that's my fridge freezer doors now opening the correct way :)

Why are they all supplied with R hand hinged doors ? It's a hassle to get them reversed and not all are reversible .

Nice wee guy came out from the suppliers and did the job for me . Now I've just to wait for it to chill down properly and then I can fill it up again :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blackknight

Servant of God
Jan 21, 2009
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟10,999.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just registered for my first 5K (it's in September)! Yikes!!

Awesome! I just did the Warrior Dash on Sunday, was fun. I'm also thinking about signing up for Tough Mudder in 2012. That's 20k instead of a mere 5k though.

Upvote 0
C

Chrysostoma

Blackknight said:
Awesome! I just did the Warrior Dash on Sunday, was fun. I'm also thinking about signing up for Tough Mudder in 2012. That's 20k instead of a mere 5k though.

Hey! You must be in our neck of the woods, unless the Warrior Dash happen on the same day at different places. I read an article about it in the local paper and I want to try to do it next time.

Sent from my iPhone using CF

Upvote 0

Blackknight

Servant of God
Jan 21, 2009
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟10,999.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey! You must be in our neck of the woods, unless the Warrior Dash happen on the same day at different places. I read an article about it in the local paper and I want to try to do it next time.

Sent from my iPhone using CF

I live in Michigan. I will be there in 2012 as well.

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Is it going to be hot in September?

July & August are our hottest months. It usually starts cooling down into the 80s in September.

I've been waiting until the evenings to do my jogs lately... after it cools down below 95.

Blackknight said:

Whoohoo! There's a Warrior Dash near here in October. I've been wanting to enter, but am not too sure how difficult it is. How hard are the obstacles? Maybe I should wait until next year...

ikonographics said:
Go for it!

I am!! It's one of the Susan G Komen cure for breast cancer races. My mom passed away from breast cancer (and so did my husband's) so that really gives me some motivation for my first race. I don't really care about time, but I do hope I can run the whole thing. I still feel like I'm pretty far off from being able to do that though. I notice an improvement every week though, so we'll see!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.