St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Perhaps, you lost it? :scratch: If you are any as forgetful as I am: you've either lost the ticket or accidentally threw it out in the rubbish-bin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Im here :) Its been a good mail day. I got this cookbook:

Amazon.com: "Mint, Cinnamon & Blossom Water" Flavours of Cyprus, Kopiaste!: Family Recipes (9781449997816): Ivy Liacopoulou: Books

and one of these

https://tangleteezer.com/

and discovered last night that I can sit on my hair :) I haven't had hair i could sit on at all in four years, and last time it was like this it was in awful condition all the way to my shoulders (hence I cut it up to there) and only the middle bit (deep v) was that long anyway. Now it's blunt cut, no layers, and i can sit on it! :D

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟135,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The local Coptic church had a fire :sigh:

It did not level the building, but it did do quite a bit of damage. They don't know if it was an arson or an accident, so far it sounds like an accident. In the mean time, with the blessing of our bishop, we have offered to them usage of our hall for services until they can return to their church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Late - it's half way through the day :D :D

I'm busy trying to pack for my trip on Thursday .

Case is just about done - camera bag and computer back pack still to be done .

The real biggie is an unanswerable question :(

OK can't get to Church on Thursday - our DL will be midday and by then I'll be well down into England . No Vigil the night before either.

Soooooooo do I go to the RC Vigil Mass or do I quietly sit on the Jumbulance and read Typica ? Discussed this with my GodPapa yesterday and was told firmly [ and correctly ] that I was old enough to make these decisions myself - do whatever I felt would be of more benefit to me . My SF would just laugh at me and say the same thing , and so would my Orthodox Priest Monk friend .

MEN !!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Question: who decides:

1. What parishes are named or dedicated to? As in, who decides that a mission will be "St. Patrick Mission" or "Church of the Annunciation" or "Monastery of St. Vladimir".

2. Are there any parishes/monasteries to Christ the High Priest? I like that icon.

3. Who decides the name monks get at tonsure?

4. Do Deacons commune behind the iconostasis?

5. Who decides when a monk gets the Great Schema?

6. What makes an abbot become an Archimandrite?

Upvote 0

ExOrienteLux

The thread killer
Jul 30, 2004
✟9,795.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Question: who decides:

1. What parishes are named or dedicated to? As in, who decides that a mission will be "St. Patrick Mission" or "Church of the Annunciation" or "Monastery of St. Vladimir".

2. Are there any parishes/monasteries to Christ the High Priest? I like that icon.

3. Who decides the name monks get at tonsure?

4. Do Deacons commune behind the iconostasis?

5. Who decides when a monk gets the Great Schema?

6. What makes an abbot become an Archimandrite?

1.) Any number of different people. The Bishop, the parish council, the starting families... It really depends.

2.) No idea. I haven't heard of any. I know that that icon is one of the ones that's supposed to be (key word being 'supposed') on the back wall of the Altar, but I don't know about any parishes/monasteries dedicated to Christ the High Priest. Any parish dedicated to Christ has its feast on August 16, the feast of the Acheiropoetos Icon.

3.) The abbot, the monk's starets, or the bishop doing the tonsuring. It depends. Usually the abbot.

4.) Yes.

5.) Again, the abbot or the monk's startets. Usually the abbot.

6.)
Wikimapedia said:
The title Archimandrite (Greek: ἀρχιμανδρίτης - archimandrites), primarily used in the Eastern Orthodox and the Eastern Catholic churches, originally referred to a superior abbot whom a bishop appointed to supervise several 'ordinary' abbots (each styled hegumenos) and monasteries, or to the abbot of some especially great and important monastery. The title is also used as one purely of honour, with no connection to any actual monastery, and is bestowed on clergy as a mark of respect or gratitude for service to the Church. This particular sign of respect is only given to those priests who have taken vows of celibacy, that is monks; distinguished married clergy may receive the title of archpriest.

Answer = the bishop.

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
1.) Any number of different people. The Bishop, the parish council, the starting families... It really depends.

2.) No idea. I haven't heard of any. I know that that icon is one of the ones that's supposed to be (key word being 'supposed') on the back wall of the Altar, but I don't know about any parishes/monasteries dedicated to Christ the High Priest. Any parish dedicated to Christ has its feast on August 16, the feast of the Acheiropoetos Icon.

3.) The abbot, the monk's starets, or the bishop doing the tonsuring. It depends. Usually the abbot.

4.) Yes.

5.) Again, the abbot or the monk's startets. Usually the abbot.

6.)

Answer = the bishop.

Thanks, those were my miscellaneous questions for the night. :) ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.