USA
✟15,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When it came down to it, I could not do the Pascha services this year. I did Passover with my folks that I always do it with, but did not go to the synagogue. The church I've been going to lost its priest that I had been talking with. I like the new priest, but have not talked with him yet.

The whole Pascha sequence suddenly felt like a very intimate thing. I think that I need some kind of status as a catachumen or at least as a "serious inquirer" before I would feel comfortable attending. This is so wild; I have celebrated Easter much of my life and now I feel like I'm a stranger looking in.

Oh well. I'll start going back to church and see how things go.

Thank you all for being here.
I am so sad that you feel like a stranger looking in. Please think of the Church as a baptismal pool and JUMP in. :) Two of my godchildren are new members (I dislike the word convert.). The best way they found to become comfortable was to immerse themselves in the Church/parish's life. Praying that you will soon feel at home in the Church.:)

Upvote 0

HandmaidenOfGod

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
Sep 11, 2004
✟15,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We don't have anything until Sunday and that is an "Akathist" (am I spelling that right?) because we don't have a priest. The person who is serving is our priest comes from Minnesota and comes twice monthly.

Where I'm going is a mission and I'm wondering if I can really get a sense of the church this way.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Where abouts are you located? Perhaps one of us knows of another parish nearby?

Upvote 0

Ambrosius

Sep 6, 2009
✟15,655.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
We don't have anything until Sunday and that is an "Akathist" (am I spelling that right?) because we don't have a priest. The person who is serving is our priest comes from Minnesota and comes twice monthly.

Where I'm going is a mission and I'm wondering if I can really get a sense of the church this way.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Check out Orthodoxy in America - Home and search google maps for "orthodox" and your zip code and see if anything pops up on there.

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Toasted ham and cheese sandwiches on a Wednesday YES! I love Bright Week. I am very much looking forward to a mexicana coffee with real milk and whipped cream when Andrew and I catch up with our friends for our regular coffee thing Friday evening. Usually it's mexicana with soy and no cream for me, and a short black for Andrew.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
True - it does :)

Last night was sausages [ pork and apple :D ] and chips - sheer heaven after the fast :D

BBQ sauce, bacon and swiss cheeseburger with mushrooms, and an India Pale Ale.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Tonight's dinner was pork ramen - proper stuff. I marinated the pork, roasted it, and sliced it up on top of noodles and bok choi cooked in a broth made of chicken stock, sliced birdseye chilli peppers and garlic (was supposed to have sliced ginger too but I forgot) with more broth on top and more chillis. It tasted wonderful, I love this recipe. Andrew came up for dinner and liked it too, apparently the house smelled tasty when he walked in the door. I am pleased :)

It's more work for me to do a recipe like this because my sister is coeliac so I have to make most things twice (the marinade has gluten in it, so I cobble together a substitute for hoisin sauce out of gluten free soy sauce, sugar and garlic, then add the rest of the marinade ingredients, and of course the noodles - and even the broth since most chicken stocks have gluten in them and I don't have time to make my own). It's worth it.

We used to eat gluten free all the time but its....eh. I go out of my way to make it as good as possible GF but it's still not the same. So she has pseudo hoisin sauce in her marinade, stock made from powder and rice noodles :) She likes it at least. Apparently the marinade is good because she went back to get more of the leftover sauce to add to her broth :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Julina

Veteran
Apr 14, 2008
New Joisey
Visit site
✟18,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Julina - you can't leave it at that - please explain what happened
last night i unlocked my dorm room door with the key attached to my wallet. this morning i couldn't find my wallet, until i opened my door. there it was, with all the money gone. i remembered last night i heard a sound at my door like someone was about to walk in. i didn't make the conection until this morning.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
last night i unlocked my dorm room door with the key attached to my wallet. this morning i couldn't find my wallet, until i opened my door. there it was, with all the money gone. i remembered last night i heard a sound at my door like someone was about to walk in. i didn't make the conection until this morning.

I am sorry to hear that. :crosseo:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.