Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
An Orthodox Priest I know very well told me to read the Orthodox Church - I did and enjoyed it .

When I mentioned that I thought it was time for the Orthodox Way - his reaction made me laugh " yes read it whenever you can't sleep - I guarantee you will fall asleep reading it "

He was right too - I still can't read it :(

Thank God I'm not the only one...

Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0

HandmaidenOfGod

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
Sep 11, 2004
✟15,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
how is The Orthodox Way different from '' '' " '' Church?

The latter is about the history and beliefs of the Church, the former is more about theology/philosophy.

Like Anhelyna and Khaleas, I couldn't get through it.

While in Atlanta, I picked up On the Incarnation by St. Athanasius which I'm looking forward to reading.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I feel like an idiot. There is an older couple that winters with our parish. I just found out today that the husband is an Orthodox author who has written several children's books. I own at least 2 of them.

It didn't even dawn on me.
Don't worry, I felt that way when I realized that this one really tall guy at my church was interviewed by pravmir! :doh:

Upvote 0

Greg the byzantine

have mercy on me
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2005
✟56,796.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
While in Atlanta, I picked up On the Incarnation by St. Athanasius which I'm looking forward to reading.

I downloaded the Kindle version for free, and read it between Nativity and Theophany. Twas an excellent read!

Upvote 0

Blackknight

Servant of God
Jan 21, 2009
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟10,999.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Theology and philosophy really interest me so I guess I'll have to pick up a copy of that book. Right now I'm reading We Came, We Saw, We Converted by Fr. Joseph Hunneycutt and if you want some lighter hearted reading it's really good. There's been a lot of stuff in the book that has truly cracked me up.

* Honk 40 times if you're Orthodox.

Upvote 0

Coralie

but behold, there cometh one after me
Sep 29, 2009
✟17,357.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Handmaiden, regarding A/C, South Africa is notorious for not having A/C anywhere (except in hotels and tourist spots). Plus cars are really expensive here compared to earnings, so most people can't afford a car with A/C. It's hellish in the summer.

In February, we generally don't have a single day under 95 degrees. It's appalling. I'm glad Lent is early this year, since eating is horrible during that time.

Plus, 80-90 degree nighttime temps mean it's nearly impossible to get to sleep from December till March... I've learnt the trick of sleeping under a wet sheet with the windows open, that helps!

Kyriaki, Oz heat is so much worse than in SA. You poor thing! I hope you survived that coach ride!

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
* Honk 40 times if you're Orthodox.

Haha Abbot Tryphon mentioned that after Vespers once when he gave a talk on the value of repetition in prayer and how it was biblical. Said he saw it as a bumper sticker in San Francisco, I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is anyone have problems with CF in Firefox? I can't get it to display any posts; keeps saying the servers are down if I click on a thread, though I can see the general forum. I can access things normally on IE, and I have cleared cookies and restarted FF....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is anyone have problems with CF in Firefox? I can't get it to display any posts; keeps saying the servers are down if I click on a thread, though I can see the general forum. I can access things normally on IE, and I have cleared cookies and restarted FF....

That happened to me several times yesterday, I just reloaded a few times in Exploder and it was fine...

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Don't worry, I felt that way when I realized that this one really tall guy at my church was interviewed by pravmir! :doh:

You mean, as in NBA player? I know there are a few Serbian Orthodox guys in the NBA.

Mary

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You mean, as in NBA player? I know there are a few Serbian Orthodox guys in the NBA.

Mary
No, it had something to do with a blog he was writing that may turn into a book about being single and Orthodox.

Wish it was an NBA player, but whats-his-face and Oklahoma made sure there wouldn't be a basketball team in Seattle.

Upvote 0

Blackknight

Servant of God
Jan 21, 2009
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟10,999.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That happened to me several times yesterday, I just reloaded a few times in Exploder and it was fine...

Probably just the server acting up again. I keep saying that CF needs to move to our data center. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HandmaidenOfGod

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
Sep 11, 2004
✟15,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, it had something to do with a blog he was writing that may turn into a book about being single and Orthodox.

Wish it was an NBA player, but whats-his-face and Oklahoma made sure there wouldn't be a basketball team in Seattle.

You mean this guy: Orthromance

Upvote 0

Julina

Veteran
Apr 14, 2008
New Joisey
Visit site
✟18,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
so tonight my friends jad a few drinks (they don't have class until 3pm).
I, on the other hand, had gone to bed kind of early because i have class at 9 am.
my friends just woke me up with a drunk text message.
i am slightly annoyed.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,705.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I was offered baklava. Someone tell me what it is. :p

Food for the gods :D

Wonderful stuff - eat and enjoy that sweet pastry .

Then get some more - you will be hooked on it :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.