✟12,812.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Vasya Davidovich said:
Well, given that I have no access to my computer at the moment, the best I can do is to reference an older pic currently on-line. And yes, there is such a thing as the National Beard Registry. And yes, I am on it. Ask no further questions, please. :blush:

http://www.nationalbeardregistry.org/beards/Beard-details.asp?ID=705
The National Beard Registry rocks!! I finally had a chance to get some pics of myself, my best friend the Reader Daniel, his brother Steven and Fr. John. When Steven forwards them to me, I'll post them here, and submit them to the NBR.
Thanks for the heads up on the cool site!
A-Kat, do you know what number Moses the Black is on the registry?
In Xp,
Eusebios.

Upvote 0

vlinder

Jul 31, 2004
Sol System, Third Planet
Visit site
✟434.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
To Life Immortal

Here are two pictures of me:

Peace and Long Life
~*~ Vlinder/Balafenn ~*~

Attachments

• skoenlapper00.jpg
    skoenlapper00.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 81
  • skoenlapper.jpg
    skoenlapper.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My main complaint with the NBR is that not only is Christ accompanied with a few pagan Gods (and a few modern demi-Gods as well), but they have an absolutely awful 'icon' of Him. I would prefer the Evangelical Kinkadesque to this

[c]
jesus.jpg
[/c]

From here

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The dogs want their pictures posted in here, again.

Oliver is the red dog. He is an 8 year old English Toy Spaniel who thinks he is royalty. Brittany is the black and white dog. She will be 6 in February and she has more energy than a split atom!

Upvote 0

PandaBear

Jan 3, 2005
Albuquerque, NM
✟8,556.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Oblio said:
My main complaint with the NBR is that not only is Christ accompanied with a few pagan Gods (and a few modern demi-Gods as well), but they have an absolutely awful 'icon' of Him. I would prefer the Evangelical Kinkadesque to this

From here

Do you mean Zeus and Poseidan? Their status as Pagan deities aside, the stories are regarded as mythology as well, and I imagine our culture has been influenced by them.

By the way, I agree with your assessment of the icon, although it does remind me of some of the mass-produced images produced by some of the Catholic presses, which makes me happy, as I used to be Catholic. :) (Now watch, someone's going to tell me the image isn't Catholic at all...)

Sorry, it's night time and I'm rambling. Shall I discuss the store-bought bowl of rice pudding I bought at the grocery store that I'm about to consume?

Upvote 0

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
PandaBear said:
Do you mean Zeus and Poseidan? Their status as Pagan deities aside, the stories are regarded as mythology as well, and I imagine our culture has been influenced by them.

By the way, I agree with your assessment of the icon, although it does remind me of some of the mass-produced images produced by some of the Catholic presses, which makes me happy, as I used to be Catholic. :) (Now watch, someone's going to tell me the image isn't Catholic at all...)

Sorry, it's night time and I'm rambling. Shall I discuss the store-bought bowl of rice pudding I bought at the grocery store that I'm about to consume?

What on earth would you do that for??? The fast is over...Live it up and have a hot fudge sunday....:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PandaBear

Jan 3, 2005
Albuquerque, NM
✟8,556.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Suzannah said:
What on earth would you do that for??? The fast is over...Live it up and have a hot fudge sunday....:clap:

Hehehe...um....(mumbling): I didn't do a fast...

Actually Lent will be (essentially) my first attempt at a newbie fast. I think that means slow start. Partial. You know. I look forward to it :)

Upvote 0

Marjorie

Senior Veteran
Sep 5, 2004
✟11,440.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
PandaBear said:
Hehehe...um....(mumbling): I didn't do a fast...

Actually Lent will be (essentially) my first attempt at a newbie fast. I think that means slow start. Partial. You know. I look forward to it :)

Great Lent was really my first attempt at a long fast too. :) Well, actually, no... I was just deciding to become Orthodox around the Nativity of last year, so I fasted for the last week of the Nativity Fast. OH MY GOODNESS WAS THAT HARD. That first week in December was harder than any other period of fasting I have done since... my body was like "WHAT? DENY ME SOMETHING? RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!! EAT PIZZA!!!!" But I have to say that Great Lent was the most spiritually fruitful period of my life to date. And the fasting really does get easier... and that first hard week is important, because it shows you what slaves to our bodies we have become. Anyway... yes... um... don't remember the point of this post! Tehehe.

In IC XC,
Marjorie

Upvote 0

ExOrienteLux

The thread killer
Jul 30, 2004
✟9,795.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Michael the Iconographer said:
A picture of Matrona and I which we had taken today.

You two are beautiful together!

Well, now that I have my digital camera, once I pare down some of my pictures from uber-size, I'll post them here. Of course, this entails having my Lappy back from Tech Services sometime soon.

Oh, and Mike, I've got good news that I'd prefer to say on AIM, but since I don't have my 'puter presently, let's just say The Event Which I Was Praying For has Occurred! If you get my drift....

+IC XC NIKA+
Phillip

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ExOrienteLux said:
You two are beautiful together!

Well, now that I have my digital camera, once I pare down some of my pictures from uber-size, I'll post them here. Of course, this entails having my Lappy back from Tech Services sometime soon.

Oh, and Mike, I've got good news that I'd prefer to say on AIM, but since I don't have my 'puter presently, let's just say The Event Which I Was Praying For has Occurred! If you get my drift....

+IC XC NIKA+
Phillip

My friend formerly known as Josh,
Thank you for the compliment on the picture of Matrona and I! The pictures we had taken are much better than the one I posted a month or so ago of us holding the camera in front of us! It is good to hear that the "Event Which You Were Praying For" has occured! I am sure you will give me all of the details once you get your computer back!

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Eusebios said:
here's a bad shot of me taken from my daughters phone :wave:

DUDE!! I don't suppose I could convince you to run me off a quick rendition of Touch of Grey or Casey Jones, could I? :D hehe j/k hmmm...explains a lot, though. ;)

Upvote 0