✟48,243.00
Country
China
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
JosephZ said:
I already showed where Bill Warner's "research" is garbage.
I have countered Bill Warner's listing is still valid to my point, i.e. 90% of the verses he listed are applicable.

... You agree with all these heinous laws and punishments.
What would give you the idea that I agree with such laws? I have never even suggested such a thing. In fact, I spoke out these types of harsh punishments in another thread.
It was meant to be a question, I had omitted the "?"

If you disagree with those heinous punishments, why are you pro-sharia laws?

You are confusing political governments usually under Salafist/Wahhabist rule whose leaders base their laws on local interpretations of the Qur'an and haddiths. These rules and laws vary from culture to culture and often contradict what Islam teaches.
The Brunei Government is not under Salafist/Wahhabist leaders, rather it is the Shafi school.

Islam is Brunei's official religion, 82.70 percent of the population is Muslim,[1]mostly Sunnis of Malay origin who follow the Shafi school of Islamic law.
Islam in Brunei - Wikipedia
I have read, the Sultan has insisted he had implemented Allah's Laws and not the governments' Law. I can find the what I had read but a search shows;

Contradict??
Note the STALEMATE dilemma I have highlighted.

It's not that people in the regions where terrorism thrives support these groups, much of it has to do with fear and intimidation used against the population and in other cases theses groups will pay off community leaders or fund projects in order to keep the people from turning against them. The situation in these regions is much more complex than just people supporting them because they approve of what they are doing.
There is fear by the local population and most of those who fear would have fled except for a few.
Note there were 30,000 foreigners who zealously joined them in Syria.

Note again, my focus is not merely on terrorism but the general evil and violent acts from the pool of 320 millions evil prone Muslims.

The small % of Muslims who have been identified is not as critical as the natural 20% of evil prone Muslims compelled by their religion to support the evil and violent ethos of the religion.

Joyousperson
So what?
There are good and bad people in every good but they has nothing to do with Christianity and Buddhism per se.

It just goes to show you once again that what you claim is unique to Islam exists in other ideologies. You are not using a fair measure of judgement when it comes to Islam.
My comparison of the contrast between the ethos of evil and violence of Islam against the pacifist Christian and Buddhism is done objectively [argument posted many times].

Note the number of times Muslims [SOME] justify their evil and violent attacks using verses from the Quran and shouting Allah-u-Akbar to how many Christians and Buddhists quoting from their holy books.
Show me evidence?

Joyousperson
Based on my empirical based inference there are 20% of Muslims who has a natural active evil tendency and that is a pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims.
True a small % of this pool will have the guts to commit extreme evil, but note if 10% of this pool, it is 32 million which is still a critical quantum.
The overall danger is this 320 million will provide moral, financial and other support to those who will commit the actual acts of evil and violence as an obligation of being a Muslim in compliance to verses in the Quran.
Once again, this has no support. It's just your opinion based entirely on speculation.
I have already provided the argument many times.
E.g. Lying is an evil act, 60% of people lie regularly. Therefore 60% of all human are evil prone. 20% is a very conservative figure to cover more serious evil acts like violence, rapes, murder and the likes.

JZ said:
That guy [Imam Tawhidi] is a fraud.
What you have shown is merely one side of the story.
Iman Tawhidi had posted many video to counter the accusations against him.

Note what counts is whether Iman Tawhidi's views can be supported by objective evidence or not.
I said, his views are objective and can be supported by verses from the Quran and the Ahadith.

In the video, Imam Tawhidi, stated Islam cannot be reformed which is supported by Quran 5:3 where Allah stated the Quran is perfected, thus no human can reform God's perfected words.

Some of his political statements are general, but most of his statements especially related to Islam and Muslims can be supported objectively.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,151.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I searched that report,
Country Reports on Terrorism 2017 - United States Department of State
there is no mentioned of less than 200,000 Islamic terrorists in the world.
You are correct, it doesn't come out and say that there are less than 200,000 Islamic terrorists in the world. It's going to require a little effort on your part. You have to go through and read about each terror group and add up the membership numbers yourself. Once you do this, you will find that there are less than 200,000 terrorists of all ideologies. There are thousands of Communists terrorists for example.

Note I have argued what is more concerning is the the pool of 320 million [20% of 1.6b] evil prone Muslim as a whole. If 10% of these are aggressive in fighting for the religion, that is 32 million.

And this is evident in the above report which show there are thousands of incidents of terrorist attacks [appx. 2100] by Islamists.
See the section;
Table 3: Five perpetrator groups with the most attacks worldwide, 2017
That report in no way supports your claim that there are 320 million evil prone Muslims or that there are tens of millions of Muslims aggressively fighting for their religion. How you come to that conclusion after reading it is beyond me.

I have already demonstrated and show, it is always a minority [1-5%] within any violent ideology who commit actual violence acts.
Yes, on this we agree and I mentioned this earlier.
After 1,400 years less than 1% of Muslims have become violent. This would be inline with just about any segment of society.
More evidence that what you are assigning to Islam is not exclusive to that religion.

What is more critical are the following;

1. the evil and violence ethos/essence of the ideology
2. the evil prone supporters of the ideology - 20 - 40%
In the case of Islam, the natural 20% of evil prone Muslims is 320 milions.
Note again, my focus is not merely on terrorism but the general evil and violent acts from the pool of 320 millions evil prone Muslims.

The small % of Muslims who have been identified is not as critical as the natural 20% of evil prone Muslims compelled by their religion to support the evil and violent ethos of the religion.
You have yet to provide any research to support this claim of yours.

Obviously I do not expect you or any one to do that in reality because I know the true nature of Islam and its influence on SOME Muslims. That was a challenge to show the true colors of the evil and violent nature of Islam that inspire and compel SOME Muslims to commit evil and violent. If you insist Islam is so peaceful, that you can do that to prove my assertions are wrong.
If you go to Youtube and use the search term "Street Preacher Attacked," you will find videos where Catholics, Mormons, Homosexuals, Jews, gang members, and others have acted out violently towards street preachers who stand on their soapbox condemning people. It's not the nature of religion that causes these people to act out, it's human nature.

I have countered Bill Warner's listing is still valid to my point, i.e. 90% of the verses he listed are applicable.
There are no where near 90% of the verses in Bill Warner's list support his argument. Anyone can read it for themselves and see this.

It was meant to be a question, I had omitted the "?"
Thank you for the clarification.

If you disagree with those heinous punishments, why are you pro-sharia laws?
I am strongly against the barbaric practices imposed by the governments that impose them as are many of the Muslims that live in those countries. Those laws are based on the hard-line Wahhabi interpretation of Shar'ia. That s not the Shar'ia that the Majority of the Muslim world recognizes and I gave a brief explanation of Shar'ia in my last post.

I believe that all people have a right to practice their religion without interference from others, therefore; I have no problem with Jews practicing Halakhah, Catholics who practice Magisterium, or Muslims who practice Shar'ia.

The Brunei Government is not under Salafist/Wahhabist leaders, rather it is the Shafi school.

Islam is Brunei's official religion, 82.70 percent of the population is Muslim,[1]mostly Sunnis of Malay origin who follow the Shafi school of Islamic law.
Islam in Brunei - Wikipedia
I have read, the Sultan has insisted he had implemented Allah's Laws and not the governments' Law. I can find the what I had read but a search shows;

The sultan, however, continued to stand by the laws, which he said were part of Brunei’s “religious obligation to God as an Islamic country.”
Contradict??
I already showed you the connection between Brunei and Saudi Arabia earlier in this thread.

Note the number of times Muslims [SOME] justify their evil and violent attacks using verses from the Quran and shouting Allah-u-Akbar to how many Christians and Buddhists quoting from their holy books. Show me evidence?
I have already shown you evidence of this. I told you to research the Doctrine of Discovery and Manifest Destiny where the Bible was used to justify taking land, killing people, enslaving people, raping women, and plundering entire villages. I have provided you links that go into detail about the terrorist groups in India associated with the Baptist church that are trying to establish a state based on the gospel of Jesus Christ who have committed atrocities and forced people against their will to convert to Christianity. I also gave you examples from two recent attacks that took place in the United States.

“Jews are the children of Satan. (John 8:44) — —- the Lord Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.” -- Robert Bowers, gunman who killed 11 people at a synagogue in Pittsburgh, PA

I did not choose to be a Christian. The Father chose me. The Son saved me. And the Spirit keeps me... My God does not take kindly to the destruction of His creation. Especially one of the most beautiful, intelligent, and innovative races that He has created. Least of all at the hands of one of the most ugly, sinful, deceitful, cursed, and corrupt. My God understands why I did what I did.

“I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan”
(Revelation 2:9).

“Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee” (Revelation 3:9). -- John Earnest, gunman who entered a synagogue in California killing 1 person and injuring 3 others.

What you are assigning to Islam alone happens in other religions as well.

My comparison of the contrast between the ethos of evil and violence of Islam against the pacifist Christian and Buddhism is done objectively [argument posted many times].
Islam has very similar teachings to Christianity on responding to evil and showing kindness and love towards others. This is why better than 99% of Muslims live in peace and harmony with their non-Muslim neighbors. Below are a few examples from various Islamic sources:

Good and evil are not equal. Repel evil with good, and the person who was your enemy becomes like an intimate friend. (Qur'an 41:34)

And those who patiently seek the presence of their Lord, and pray regularly, and spend from Our provisions to them, secretly and openly, and repel evil with good. These will have the Ultimate Home. (Qur'an 13:22)

Repel evil by what is better. We are aware of what they describe. And say, “My Lord, I seek refuge with You from the urgings of the devils. And I seek refuge with You, my Lord, lest they become present.” (Qur'an 23:96-98)

He told Jesus, “I will save you from your enemies, raise you to Myself, keep you clean from the association with the disbelievers, and give superiority to your followers over the unbelievers until the Day of Judgment. On that day you will all return to Me and I shall resolve your dispute.” (Qur'an 3:55

Because of that We ordained for the Children of Israel: that whoever kills a person—unless it is for murder or corruption on earth—it is as if he killed the whole of mankind; and whoever saves it, it is as if he saved the whole of mankind. (Qur'an 5:32)

It is by of grace from God that you were gentle with them [Non-Muslims]. Had you been harsh, hardhearted, they would have dispersed from around you. So pardon them, and ask forgiveness for them, and consult them in the conduct of affairs. And when you make a decision, put your trust in God; (Qur'an 3:159)

The below comes directly from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying : Verily, Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, would say on the Day of Resurrection: O son of Adam, I was sick but you did not visit Me. He would say: O my Lord; how could I visit Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? Thereupon He would say: Didn't you know that such and such servant of Mine was sick but you did not visit him and were you not aware of this that if you had visited him, you would have found Me by him? O son of Adam, I asked food from you but you did not feed Me. He would say: My Lord, how could I feed Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? He said: Didn't you know that such and such servant of Mine asked food from you but you did not feed him, and were you not aware that if you had fed him you would have found him by My side? (The Lord would again say O son of Adam, I asked drink from you but you did not provide Me. He would say: My Lord, how could I provide Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? Thereupon He would say: Such and such of servant of Mine asked you for a drink but you did not provide him, and had you provided him drink you would have found him near Me. (Sahih Muslim, Book 32, Number 6232)

Some other examples:

Be devout and you will be the most pious of people. Be content and you will be the most grateful of people. Love for people what you love for yourself and you will be a believer. Behave well with your neighbors and you will be a Muslim. (Sunan Ibn Ma¯jah 4217)

O son of Adam, be disinterested in what people own and they will love you. Be content with what God has apportioned for you and you will be the richest of people. Love for people what you love for yourself and you will be a believer. Do not harm your neighbour and you will be a Muslim. (Ibn ’Askir, Tarikh Madinat Dimashq 47:439)

None of you has faith until he loves for his brother or his neighbor what he loves for himself. (Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 72)

Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away. (Surah al-Nisa 4:36)

A commentary on the above verse:

I say based upon this verse, kind treatment of neighbors is enjoined and is recommended, whether they are Muslim or an unbeliever, and this is the right thing to do. Kind treatment may be in the sense of helping or it may be in the sense of being kind, refraining from harm, and supporting them. (Tafsi¯r al-Qurt?ubi¯ 4:36)

Below is a portion of Muhammad’s Letter to the Monks of St. Catherine Monastery:

“This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).”
(Muslim History: 570 – 1950 C.E.’ by Dr. A. Zahoor and Dr. Z. Haq)

Here are the five pillars of Islam:
  • Profession of Faith (shahada)
  • Prayer (salat)
  • Charitible Giving (zakat)
  • Fasting (sawm)
  • Pilgrimage to Mecca (hajj)
Here are the six pillars of faith in Islam:
  • Belief in Allah
  • Belief in His Angels
  • Belief in His Messengers
  • Belief in His Books
  • Belief in the Last Day
  • Belief in Pre-Ordainment
Since the above pillars are the core beliefs and practices of Islam, why isn't one of them violent jihad? If your interpretation of Islam were correct, then violent jihad would certainly be one of the pillars wouldn't you think?

I have already provided the argument many times.
E.g. Lying is an evil act, 60% of people lie regularly. Therefore 60% of all human are evil prone. 20% is a very conservative figure to cover more serious evil acts like violence, rapes, murder and the likes.
Since "Iman" Tawhidi lied about his education, do you include him in your pool of evil prone people? President Trump has been known to lie from time to time, what about him? Does this make Tawhidi and Trump more likely to commit more serious evil acts like violence, rapes, murder?

What you have shown is merely one side of the story.
Iman Tawhidi had posted many video to counter the accusations against him.
Once again, here is what Tawhidi said:

"I travelled to Iran, to the holy city of Qom, in 2007, and I engaged in my Islamic studies from there. I received my bachelor's degree and my master's degree in Islamic theology from the Al-Mustafa University." - Mohammad Tawhidi, May 25, 2017

This is what the university said:

"In spite of given warnings and notifications, the above-named person did not take heed of them each time and had not satisfactory academic record in his courses … he was placed on probation and [dropped] out on March 27, 2012 … the aforesaid person has no educational degree (or any given score) in his profile … Al-Mustafa University does not recommend Mohammad Touhidi for lecturing in any way. Accordingly, he has no competency to do religious activities or to preach sermons." -- Al-Mustafa International University

The Australian National Imams Council also doesn't recognize him as an Imam, Sheikh or Muslim leader.

He can post videos countering accusations all he wants, but some things can't be denied.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joyousperson

Site Supporter
May 1, 2019
Beijing
✟48,243.00
Country
China
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
You are correct, it doesn't come out and say that there are less than 200,000 Islamic terrorists in the world. It's going to require a little effort on your part. You have to go through and read about each terror group and add up the membership numbers yourself. Once you do this, you will find that there are less than 200,000 terrorists of all ideologies. There are thousands of Communists terrorists for example.
You are guessing and your 200,000 it toothless.

That report in no way supports your claim that there are 320 million evil prone Muslims or that there are tens of millions of Muslims aggressively fighting for their religion. How you come to that conclusion after reading it is beyond me.
I did not state, the report directly support my point re 320 million evil prone Muslims.
It is the 2100 of attacks in 2017 and many thousands more of the past years that is more likely to support my figure of 20% or 320 million evil prone Muslims.
Note I have provided a separate argument to justify the 20% of evil prone Muslims, which will include 20% of evil prone Christians, Buddhists, Taoist, and other believers.
The difference is, the religion [mainstream] of the other 20% of evil prone believers do not contain evil laden elements that will catalysize them to commit evil and violent acts in the name of their religion.

More evidence that what you are assigning to Islam is not exclusive to that religion.
What your responded to above was not my point but yours.

You have yet to provide any research to support this claim of yours.
I have provided the argument and evidences based on my definition of what is 'evil'.
Actually it is common sense and even Christianity has pronounced all humans are born sinful.
Therefore to infer 20% of ALL humans are prone to greater sins like rapes, murder, violence is not far-fetched but a very conservative guess with great possibility.

If you go to Youtube and use the search term "Street Preacher Attacked," you will find videos where Catholics, Mormons, Homosexuals, Jews, gang members, and others have acted out violently towards street preachers who stand on their soapbox condemning people. It's not the nature of religion that causes these people to act out, it's human nature.
Yes it is basically human nature.

But the ideology of Islam is different, it has loads of evil laden verses that catalyze the human nature of SOME Muslims to commit terrible evil and violent which is permitted and condoned by its God and the doctrines of the religion itself.

There are no where near 90% of the verses in Bill Warner's list support his argument. Anyone can read it for themselves and see this.
Have your read all the verses in that 180 pages listing?

I am strongly against the barbaric practices imposed by the governments that impose them as are many of the Muslims that live in those countries. Those laws are based on the hard-line Wahhabi interpretation of Shar'ia. That s not the Shar'ia that the Majority of the Muslim world recognizes and I gave a brief explanation of Shar'ia in my last post.
In Islam, Muslims as humans cannot invent and modify what is supposedly from God that is stated in the Quran and the genuine sahih hadiths.

Wahabi and Salafi are just names and labels. What counts is whether ALL Muslims adopt the doctrines of Islam objectively as represented in the Quran and Ahadiths.

Note these fundamentalist Muslims [whatever the sect and school] quoted from the Quran and Ahadith objectively and YOU and no one can judge they are wrong! Only Allah can judge.

I believe that all people have a right to practice their religion without interference from others, therefore; I have no problem with Jews practicing Halakhah, Catholics who practice Magisterium, or Muslims who practice Shar'ia.
If they practice their religion peacefully there is no issue. It they commit evil and violent acts, then we must trace their acts to the root cause and eliminate the root causes.

I already showed you the connection between Brunei and Saudi Arabia earlier in this thread.
Need a refresher on this.
But the point is Saudi and Brunei adopt the different school of Islam.
Note the schools are not the critical issue, what is critical is the constitution of Islam, i.e. the Quran supported by the Ahadith which contain loads of evil laden elements that catalyze the 20% of evil prone Muslims from all denominations.

I have already shown you evidence of this. I told you to research the Doctrine of Discovery and Manifest Destiny where the Bible was used to justify taking land, killing people, enslaving people, raping women, and plundering entire villages. I have provided you links that go into detail about the terrorist groups in India associated with the Baptist church that are trying to establish a state based on the gospel of Jesus Christ who have committed atrocities and forced people against their will to convert to Christianity. I also gave you examples from two recent attacks that took place in the United States.

“Jews are the children of Satan. (John 8:44) — —- the Lord Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.” -- Robert Bowers, gunman who killed 11 people at a synagogue in Pittsburgh, PA

I did not choose to be a Christian. The Father chose me. The Son saved me. And the Spirit keeps me... My God does not take kindly to the destruction of His creation. Especially one of the most beautiful, intelligent, and innovative races that He has created. Least of all at the hands of one of the most ugly, sinful, deceitful, cursed, and corrupt. My God understands why I did what I did.

“I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan”
(Revelation 2:9).

“Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee” (Revelation 3:9). -- John Earnest, gunman who entered a synagogue in California killing 1 person and injuring 3 others.

What you are assigning to Islam alone happens in other religions as well.
I have argued Christianity per se do not permit any Christian to kill non-Christians and they have to comply with the overriding pacifist maxim of "love all, even enemies".
The verses you provided would have been overriden by the 'love all, even enemies' pacifist maxim.
This maxim is pre-agreed by Christian when the entered into a covenant [contract] with God in exchange for a promise of salvation with eternal life in heaven.

Upvote 0

Joyousperson

Site Supporter
May 1, 2019
Beijing
✟48,243.00
Country
China
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
Islam has very similar teachings to Christianity on responding to evil and showing kindness and love towards others. This is why better than 99% of Muslims live in peace and harmony with their non-Muslim neighbors. Below are a few examples from various Islamic sources:
The way you quoted and copy-paste cherry-picked verses in defense reveal your ignorance of the verses in the context of the whole Quran and Ahadith.

Good and evil are not equal. Repel evil with good, and the person who was your enemy becomes like an intimate friend. (Qur'an 41:34)

41:35. But none is granted it [the above point] save those [Muslims] who are steadfast, and none is granted it save the owner of great happiness. [Pickthall]​

Note the next verse 41:35 which indicate the above is only applicable to Muslims not to infidels which are condemned in 55% of the 6,236 verse of the Quran.

And those who patiently seek the presence of their Lord, and pray regularly, and spend from Our provisions to them, secretly and openly, and repel evil with good. These will have the Ultimate Home. (Qur'an 13:22)

Repel evil by what is better. We are aware of what they describe. And say, “My Lord, I seek refuge with You from the urgings of the devils. And I seek refuge with You, my Lord, lest they become present.” (Qur'an 23:96-98)​

Note in the above pronouns, 'those' and 'they' refer only to Muslims, not to infidels which are condemned in 55% of the 6,236 verses of the Quran.

He told Jesus, “I will save you from your enemies, raise you to Myself, keep you clean from the association with the disbelievers, and give superiority to your followers over the unbelievers until the Day of Judgment. On that day you will all return to Me and I shall resolve your dispute.” (Qur'an 3:55)​

The above only praised proto-Muslims and condemned the disbelievers. Btw, Isa [not crucified] of the Quran is not the same Jesus of the Gospels.

Because of that We ordained for the Children of Israel: that whoever kills a person—unless it is for murder or corruption on earth—it is as if he killed the whole of mankind; and whoever saves it, it is as if he saved the whole of mankind. (Qur'an 5:32)​

This is the worst defense to insist Islam is a religion of peace.
Note the above is addressed to the Children of Israel and not all of mankind and note the qualification unless it is for murder or corruption on earth. Therefore Muslims can kill a person of the person commit corruption.
The term corruption is translated from '[fasādin - فَسَادٍ] is not related to bribes but relate to a wide range of offense and threats by non-Muslims. This is why even drawing of cartoons are deemed to be covered within [fasādin - فَسَادٍ].

Note the next verse 5:33

The only reward [punishment] of those [infidels]
1. who make war upon Allah and His messenger and
2. strive after corruption [mischiefs, wronged] in the land – will be that they [infidels]
i. will be killed or crucified, or
ii. have their [infidels'] hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or
iii. will be expelled out of the land.
Such will be their [infidels] degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs [infidels] will be an awful doom; [Quran 5:33]​

While 5:32 had an inkling of do not kill anyone, but the next verse 5:33 advocate the killing of non-believers in the harshest terms.

It is by of grace from God that you were gentle with them [Non-Muslims]. Had you been harsh, hardhearted, they would have dispersed from around you. So pardon them, and ask forgiveness for them, and consult them in the conduct of affairs. And when you make a decision, put your trust in God;
(Qur'an 3:159)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying : Verily, Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, would say on the Day of Resurrection: O son of Adam, I was sick but you did not visit Me. He would say: O my Lord; how could I visit Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? Thereupon He would say: Didn't you know that such and such servant of Mine was sick but you did not visit him and were you not aware of this that if you had visited him, you would have found Me by him? O son of Adam, I asked food from you but you did not feed Me. He would say: My Lord, how could I feed Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? He said: Didn't you know that such and such servant of Mine asked food from you but you did not feed him, and were you not aware that if you had fed him you would have found him by My side? (The Lord would again say O son of Adam, I asked drink from you but you did not provide Me. He would say: My Lord, how could I provide Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? Thereupon He would say: Such and such of servant of Mine asked you for a drink but you did not provide him, and had you provided him drink you would have found him near Me. (Sahih Muslim, Book 32, Number 6232)

Some other examples:

Be devout and you will be the most pious of people. Be content and you will be the most grateful of people. Love for people what you love for yourself and you will be a believer. Behave well with your neighbors and you will be a Muslim. (Sunan Ibn Ma¯jah 4217)

O son of Adam, be disinterested in what people own and they will love you. Be content with what God has apportioned for you and you will be the richest of people. Love for people what you love for yourself and you will be a believer. Do not harm your neighbour and you will be a Muslim. (Ibn ’Askir, Tarikh Madinat Dimashq 47:439)

None of you has faith until he loves for his brother or his neighbor what he loves for himself. (Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 72)

Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away. (Surah al-Nisa 4:36)

I say based upon this verse, kind treatment of neighbors is enjoined and is recommended, whether they are Muslim or an unbeliever, and this is the right thing to do. Kind treatment may be in the sense of helping or it may be in the sense of being kind, refraining from harm, and supporting them. (Tafsi¯r al-Qurt?ubi¯ 4:36)

Below is a portion of Muhammad’s Letter to the Monks of St. Catherine Monastery:

“This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).”
I have given counters to your stronger defense and I will not bother with the rest since I am certain of the overall ethos of the ideology of Islam which is hatred and advocating the killing of non-Muslim under the condition of [fasādin - فَسَادٍ] within the 3400+ evil laden verses from the 6236 verses of the Quran.

Here are the five pillars of Islam:
  • Profession of Faith (shahada)
  • Prayer (salat)
  • Charitible Giving (zakat)
  • Fasting (sawm)
  • Pilgrimage to Mecca (hajj)
Here are the six pillars of faith in Islam:
  • Belief in Allah
  • Belief in His Angels
  • Belief in His Messengers
  • Belief in His Books
  • Belief in the Last Day
  • Belief in Pre-Ordainment
Since the above pillars are the core beliefs and practices of Islam, why isn't one of them violent jihad? If your interpretation of Islam were correct, then violent jihad would certainly be one of the pillars wouldn't you think?
You will note the 'kindergarten' Muslims has to comply with the 5 pillars of Islam.
As the Muslim progress and graduate higher they have to comply with the 6 piilars of Iman.

Belief in the Allah, Angels, Messengers and His Books, mean obeying whatever his stipulated in the Quran [mainly] and supported by the Ahadiths of the Messengers.

As I had demonstrated, His Books contains 3400++ of evil and violent laden elements of various degrees from mild to the worst kind of evil and violent elements.

The majority of lay-Muslims merely adopt and practice the 5 pillars of Islam while being ordinary good Muslims.
But the more serious Muslims who graduate to the 6 pillar of Iman would be influenced by the inevitable and unavoidable evil and violent elements in the Quran and Ahadiths either by their own reading and understanding or by their preachers.
The more zealous Muslims are those striving toward the Pillars of Taqwa thus more passionate in obeying all of Allah's commands.
Another problem is many of the lay-Muslims will seemly follow the mob like blind-sheep.

This is where the danger of the 20% of evil prone Muslims is critical.
In addition, no humans, you or anyone can insist they are wrong in their beliefs, only Allah can judge them. Therefore they will continue to commit the evil and violent acts which they personally believe are good divine acts sanctioned by Allah.

Since "Iman" Tawhidi lied about his education, do you include him in your pool of evil prone people? President Trump has been known to lie from time to time, what about him? Does this make Tawhidi and Trump more likely to commit more serious evil acts like violence, rapes, murder?

Once again, here is what Tawhidi said:

"I travelled to Iran, to the holy city of Qom, in 2007, and I engaged in my Islamic studies from there. I received my bachelor's degree and my master's degree in Islamic theology from the Al-Mustafa University." - Mohammad Tawhidi, May 25, 2017

This is what the university said:

"In spite of given warnings and notifications, the above-named person did not take heed of them each time and had not satisfactory academic record in his courses … he was placed on probation and [dropped] out on March 27, 2012 … the aforesaid person has no educational degree (or any given score) in his profile … Al-Mustafa University does not recommend Mohammad Touhidi for lecturing in any way. Accordingly, he has no competency to do religious activities or to preach sermons." -- Al-Mustafa International University

The Australian National Imams Council also doesn't recognize him as an Imam, Sheikh or Muslim leader.

He can post videos countering accusations all he wants, but some things can't be denied.
You have to read both sides of the story.

What counts is whether he is speaking objectively [supported by clear evidence] in term of the evil and violent of Islam and the beliefs of the extremists.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,151.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You are guessing and your 200,000 it toothless.
No, I did the math, and so can you. It takes a little bit of effort, but you can do it.

I did not state, the report directly support my point re 320 million evil prone Muslims.
It is the 2100 of attacks in 2017 and many thousands more of the past years that is more likely to support my figure of 20% or 320 million evil prone Muslims.
There have only been around 180,000 terror attacks in the past 50 years globally. That is counting all attacks by all ideologies. Even if every single terror attack since 1970 was carried out by Islamic extremists, and every single attack required 100 accomplices (18 million), this would mean that less than 1% of those proclaiming to be Muslims participated in violent jihad in the past 50 years. That 18 million figure is ridiculous by the way.

Now I was being extremely generous in my example, the number if Islamic extremists who carried out attacks over the past 50 years is actually much lower than the number I gave above. This in no way supports your idea figure of 20% or 320 million Muslims being evil prone. If there were millions of evil prone Muslims who believe that killing non-Muslims guarantees them a place in paradise, then you would see widespread Islamic terrorism taking place in all parts of the world with the number of attacks each year in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

What your responded to above was not my point but yours.
Yes, my point is that what you assign to Islam is found in all ideologies.

I have provided the argument and evidences based on my definition of what is 'evil'. Actually it is common sense and even Christianity has pronounced all humans are born sinful.
Therefore to infer 20% of ALL humans are prone to greater sins like rapes, murder, violence is not far-fetched but a very conservative guess with great possibility.
If your 20% figure is correct, then why aren't we seeing more violent crime in the world today than what we are seeing?

For example, as I pointed out earlier, there were around 560,000 people killed violently worldwide which included acts of war, terrorism, and murder in 2016. When you look at rapes and violent assaults, you will also find that the numbers in no way indicate that 20% of the world's population is involved in carrying out these acts.

Let's look at the United States. There were an estimated 1,247,321 violent crimes in 2017 according to the FBI. This included murder, rape, assaults, bullying, and violent robberies. The population was around 320 million in 2017 with approximately 21% of those being under the age of 14. Some of these crimes would have had multiple perpetrators, while some perpetrators would have had multiple victims. To keep it simple I will assume one victim = one perpetrator. based on that assumption, less than 1/2 of 1 percent of the US population committed a violent crime in 2017. If 20% of the population is prone to act out in violence, why isn't there more violent crime taking place?

Have your read all the verses in that 180 pages listing?
I didn't have to. I read the first 15 or 20 pages, and not even 1/4th of the verses he listed supported his position. It's safe to assume that this would have been the case for the rest of the report. If he analyzed the Bible in the same way he did the Qur'an, he would come to the same conclusion. His research is garbage.

In Islam, Muslims as humans cannot invent and modify what is supposedly from God that is stated in the Quran and the genuine sahih hadiths. Wahabi and Salafi are just names and labels. What counts is whether ALL Muslims adopt the doctrines of Islam objectively as represented in the Quran and Ahadiths. Note these fundamentalist Muslims [whatever the sect and school] quoted from the Quran and Ahadith objectively and YOU and no one can judge they are wrong! Only Allah can judge.
Since this is what you believe about Muslims, do you also believe that only Fundamentalist Christians with their strict and literal interpretation of the Bible are the only true Christians?

If they practice their religion peacefully there is no issue. It they commit evil and violent acts, then we must trace their acts to the root cause and eliminate the root causes.
The root cause can be traced directly to Saudi Arabia and its practice and exporting of its extremist brand of Islam. The Saudi government indoctrinates its population and spends billions of dollars each year sending out missionaries, building schools and funding mosques in other parts of the world that promote an extremist ideology. This is what you should have an issue with, not Islam.

But the point is Saudi and Brunei adopt the different school of Islam.
Brunei caved to pressure from Saudi Arabia to instill the Wahhabist inspired laws and punishments due to their shared reliance on the oil industry.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,151.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have argued Christianity per se do not permit any Christian to kill non-Christians and they have to comply with the overriding pacifist maxim of "love all, even enemies".
The verses you provided would have been overriden by the 'love all, even enemies' pacifist maxim.
It still doesn't change the fact that Christianity and the Bible are being hijacked by extremists in the same way that Islam and the Qur'an are.

The way you quoted and copy-paste cherry-picked verses in defense reveal your ignorance of the verses in the context of the whole Quran and Ahadith.
Actually, that is what you are doing with the violent verses. Even with the surrounding texts, the verses I shared relay the same message. The same can't be said for the verses you pick and choose.

41:35. But none is granted it [the above point] save those [Muslims] who are steadfast, and none is granted it save the owner of great happiness. [Pickthall]
Note the next verse 41:35 which indicate the above is only applicable to Muslims not to infidels which are condemned in 55% of the 6,236 verse of the Quran.
How does verse 35 change the meaning of verse 34? Of course the verse is addressed to Muslims, it's in the Qur'an. Here is some commentary on those two verses:

Verse 34: Evil should be resisted not by the mere good but by a superior good, as if to say: If a person treats you unjustly and you forgive him, it is the mere good. The superior good is that you treat the one who ill-treats you which kindness and love. The result would be that your worst enemy would become your closest friend, for that is human nature itself. If you remain quiet in response to an abuse, it will be mere goodness but it will not silence the abuser. But if you express good wishes for him in response to his abuses, even the most shameless opponent will feel ashamed, and then would hardly ever be able to employ invectives against you.

Verse 35: It requires a great will power, resolution, courage, power of endurance and full control over one’s own self. A man may act benevolently in response to an evil done, on an impulse, and there is nothing extraordinary in it... it requires extraordinary grit to go on resisting the evil with good, and that too with the superior good, without ever showing any lack of restraint and self-control.

If you included verses like this in your research that show that infidels are condemned in 55% of the 6,236 verse of the Quran, then your research is flawed as those verses do no such thing.

Repel evil by what is better. We are aware of what they describe. And say, “My Lord, I seek refuge with You from the urgings of the devils. And I seek refuge with You, my Lord, lest they become present.” (Qur'an 23:96-98)
Note in the above pronouns, 'those' and 'they' refer only to Muslims, not to infidels which are condemned in 55% of the 6,236 verses of the Quran.
Once again, these verses are found in the Qur'an, a book intended for Muslims, so naturally Muslims would be addressed. In the same way, the New Testament is addressed to Christians. What's the problem? Aren't we talking about what Muslims believe and the teachings of Islam?

Because of that We ordained for the Children of Israel: that whoever kills a person—unless it is for murder or corruption on earth—it is as if he killed the whole of mankind; and whoever saves it, it is as if he saved the whole of mankind. (Qur'an 5:32) This is the worst defense to insist Islam is a religion of peace. Note the above is addressed to the Children of Israel and not all of mankind and note the qualification unless it is for murder or corruption on earth. Therefore Muslims can kill a person of the person commit corruption.
Yes, that verse comes from directly from the Jewish Talmud. Also, Muslims are to follow what the prophets before Muhammad taught. Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus, etc. If what they said in today's Bible or Torah doesn't contradict what is found in the Qur'an, then it is accepted by Muslims.

Say, O believers, "We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him." (Qur'an 2:136)

Do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him." (Qur'an 29:46)

So when Jesus said “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’" (Matthew 22:37-40), Muslims also believe this to be true because the words of Jesus in these verses do not contradict the teachings found in the Qur'an. In fact, you will often find the words in those verses attributed to Jesus in Islamic teaching.

Back to the verse you took out of context, when you add supporting texts from the Qur'an, it becomes clear that killing a person must be justified and as a last resort.

Say, “Come, let me tell you what your Lord has forbidden you: that you associate nothing with Him; that you honor your parents; that you do not kill your children because of poverty—We provide for you and for them; that you do not come near indecencies, whether outward or inward; and that you do not kill the soul which God has sanctified—except in the course of justice. All this He has enjoined upon you, so that you may understand.” (Qur'an 6:151)

If someone repents for their crime, they are to be forgiven and not killed:

The punishment for those who fight God and His Messenger, and strive to spread corruption on earth, is that they be killed, or crucified, or have their hands and feet cut off on opposite sides, or be banished from the land. That is to disgrace them in this life; and in the Hereafter they will have a terrible punishment. Except for those who repent before you apprehend them. So know that God is Forgiving and Merciful. (Qur'an5:33-34)

And We wrote for them in it: a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, and an equal wound for a wound; but whoever forgoes it in charity, it will serve as atonement for him. Those who do not rule according to what God revealed are the evildoers. (Qur'an 5:45)

If the relatives of the victim forgive the perpetrator, they will not be killed:

O you who believe! Retaliation for the murdered is ordained upon you: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, the female for the female. But if he is forgiven by his kin, then grant any reasonable demand, and pay with good will. This is a concession from your Lord, and a mercy. But whoever commits aggression after that, a painful torment awaits him. (Qur'an 2:178)

Btw, Isa [not crucified] of the Quran is not the same Jesus of the Gospels.
In Islam Jesus' mother, Mary, was a virgin; He is referred to as the "Word" of God; Jesus was the Messiah sent to the children of Israel; Jesus confirmed the validity of the Torah; Jesus lived a righteous life; Jesus performed miracles. Healed the blind, the sick, and raised the dead; Jesus removed some of the law of Moses; Jesus was raised into heaven currently sits with God, and will return at the day of the Resurrection (Judgement Day); and Jesus is the only living profit in Islam.

Believing that Jesus was the Messiah sent to the children of Israel with the gospel is required of all Muslims.

I don't know of anyone else named Jesus that would fit that description do you? Just because Muslims deny His crucifixion and that he arose from the dead doesn't mean they are speaking of a different Jesus. What about Adam? Abraham? Moses? Noah? David? Do you believe that these too who are spoken of in the Qur'an are not the same prophets spoken of in the Bible?

The term corruption is translated from '[fasādin - فَسَادٍ] is not related to bribes but relate to a wide range of offense and threats by non-Muslims. This is why even drawing of cartoons are deemed to be covered within [fasādin - فَسَادٍ].
The above applies to Muslims and non-Muslims alike. The murdering of others for simply drawing cartoons is not permitted in Islam.

Note the next verse 5:33

The only reward [punishment] of those [infidels]
2. strive after corruption [mischiefs, wronged] in the land – will be that they [infidels]
Such will be their [infidels] degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs [infidels] will be an awful doom; [Quran 5:33]
While 5:32 had an inkling of do not kill anyone, but the next verse 5:33 advocate the killing of non-believers in the harshest terms.
I addressed this one above. Two things here. First, the killing has conditions. In this case "those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land." It is in no way intended to be a blank check for Muslims to kill non-Muslims. Also, this was referring to a specific time in history when Muhammad was under attack.

The very next verse says the following:

Except for those who repent before you apprehend them. So know that God is Forgiving and Merciful. (Qur'an 5:34)

And a few verses after:

As for the thief, whether male or female, cut their hands as a penalty for what they have reaped—a deterrent from God. God is Mighty and Wise. But whoever repents after his crime, and reforms, God will accept his repentance. God is Forgiving and Merciful. (Qur'an 5:38-39)

So if someone stops fighting against Muslims or repents of their crime, it is forbidden for them to be killed.

I have given counters to your stronger defense and I will not bother with the rest since I am certain of the overall ethos of the ideology of Islam which is hatred and advocating the killing of non-Muslim under the condition of [fasādin - فَسَادٍ] within the 3400+ evil laden verses from the 6236 verses of the Quran.
You won't counter the rest of the examples because you can't. You just choose to counter the ones that the anti-Islamic propagandists have made popular. Even they don't acknowledge the material I provided in my examples, because they don't want people to know they exist since they so closely resemble what is taught in Christianity.

You will note the 'kindergarten' Muslims has to comply with the 5 pillars of Islam.
As the Muslim progress and graduate higher they have to comply with the 6 piilars of Iman.
You've got it backwards. The six pillars of faith come first; they are at the very foundation of the religion of Islam. It's impossible for someone to be a Muslim without first applying the six pillars of faith.

As I had demonstrated, His Books contains 3400++ of evil and violent laden elements of various degrees from mild to the worst kind of evil and violent elements.
You keep repeating this, but you have yet to demonstrate anything. You haven't even provided a reference to the 3,400+ verses yet.

In addition, no humans, you or anyone can insist they are wrong in their beliefs, only Allah can judge them. Therefore they will continue to commit the evil and violent acts which they personally believe are good divine acts sanctioned by Allah.
This is true, and since murder, rape, and the killing of innocents is forbidden in all three of the Abraham faiths, then God will judge those who commit these sins. The Qu'ran says those who commit these crimes will find their place in Hell.

The majority of lay-Muslims merely adopt and practice the 5 pillars of Islam while being ordinary good Muslims.
But the more serious Muslims who graduate to the 6 pillar of Iman would be influenced by the inevitable and unavoidable evil and violent elements in the Quran and Ahadiths either by their own reading and understanding or by their preachers.
The more zealous Muslims are those striving toward the Pillars of Taqwa thus more passionate in obeying all of Allah's commands.
Once again, the six pillars of faith are the very first requirements of a Muslim.

You have to read both sides of the story.
I have, he's obviously a fraud.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joyousperson

Site Supporter
May 1, 2019
Beijing
✟48,243.00
Country
China
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
No, I did the math, and so can you. It takes a little bit of effort, but you can do it.
The above is crap.
I'll will say,
I did the math, you are wrong! and so can you. It takes a little bit of effort, but you can do it.

There have only been around 180,000 terror attacks in the past 50 years globally. That is counting all attacks by all ideologies. Even if every single terror attack since 1970 was carried out by Islamic extremists, and every single attack required 100 accomplices (18 million), this would mean that less than 1% of those proclaiming to be Muslims participated in violent jihad in the past 50 years. That 18 million figure is ridiculous by the way.
Note again what is the overall contention is all evil acts, not just terror attacks. We are mentioning more of terror attacks because they get more attention and are more threatening.

Your logic and rationality above is bad.
Where do you get 100 accomplices, it could be a lone wolf and many of the attacks could be repeated by the same person.

Note I have argued, the actual attacks were carried out very few people, e.g. it only took 18++ to do a 911 with 3000++ innocent deaths. But these people were supported by a whole range of other evil supporters with the same intent.

Btw, the topic is on Islamic-related evil and violent acts, not others [to be addressed elsewhere] which is off topic.

Now I was being extremely generous in my example, the number if Islamic extremists who carried out attacks over the past 50 years is actually much lower than the number I gave above. This in no way supports your idea figure of 20% or 320 million Muslims being evil prone. If there were millions of evil prone Muslims who believe that killing non-Muslims guarantees them a place in paradise, then you would see widespread Islamic terrorism taking place in all parts of the world with the number of attacks each year in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions.
Your approach to your argument is irrational.
There is no way you can determine those supporters in the background to the actual perpetrators who committed the evil and violent acts.

My argument for the 20% of evil and violent prone of ALL humans, thus 20% or 320 million evil prone Muslims of a range of higher degrees is very rational and justifiable.
I have already provided the basis of my proof on the above.

If your 20% figure is correct, then why aren't we seeing more violent crime in the world today than what we are seeing?

For example, as I pointed out earlier, there were around 560,000 people killed violently worldwide which included acts of war, terrorism, and murder in 2016. When you look at rapes and violent assaults, you will also find that the numbers in no way indicate that 20% of the world's population is involved in carrying out these acts.

Let's look at the United States. There were an estimated 1,247,321 violent crimes in 2017 according to the FBI. This included murder, rape, assaults, bullying, and violent robberies. The population was around 320 million in 2017 with approximately 21% of those being under the age of 14. Some of these crimes would have had multiple perpetrators, while some perpetrators would have had multiple victims. To keep it simple I will assume one victim = one perpetrator. based on that assumption, less than 1/2 of 1 percent of the US population committed a violent crime in 2017. If 20% of the population is prone to act out in violence, why isn't there more violent crime taking place?
My premise 20% of all humans are naturally and unfortunately born with an active evil and violent tendency is very reasonable and conservative.
Therefore there are 20% of Muslim, i.e. 320 million evil prone Muslims around the world.
Note I stated 'evil-prone' thus the 320 million of such Muslims is prone to commit evil and violent acts, but not all will do so.
There is also a degree of 'prone_ness' and thus it will depend on the degree of the stimuli that will trigger them to commit evil act, but the potential is always there an active.

Note there is a consensus among the psychology community, 1% of all humans are psychopaths. Read this and remember this!

Psychopaths make up about 1 percent of the general population and as much as 25 percent of male offenders in federal correctional settings, according to the researchers. Psychopaths are typically profoundly selfish and lack emotion. "In lay terms, psychopaths seem to have little or no 'conscience,'" write the researchers in a study published online in the journal Legal and Criminological Psychology.
How to Spot Psychopaths: Speech Patterns Give Them Away

1% of all humans [7+ b] is 70 million around the world.
Surely you know psychopaths are very dangerous people and there is a degree to these psychopaths.

According to your logic, then all the 70 million psychopaths around the world would have to be committing various psychopathic acts. But the fact is not the case. But the fact is there is a potential danger with the 70 million psychopaths that we need to be aware of.

The above re psychopath would mean 1% of all Muslims are psychopaths, i.e. 15 million of psychopathic Muslims. It is most likely those who are involved in the serious terror attacks are the psychopathic evil prone Muslims.

Thus my estimate of 20% of evil and violent prone extending to lesser crimes but sufficient serious is very rational and justifiable.
Judging from the actual number of psychopaths from a pool of 70 million, my pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims is rational and justifiable.

The actual evil prone Muslims who committed evil and violent acts may be small in number, but what should be most frightening to any one is the potential from a large pool of 320 million, i.e. generating a higher probability.

Get it!
I doubt your bias and warp mind will get it?

I didn't have to. I read the first 15 or 20 pages, and not even 1/4th of the verses he listed supported his position. It's safe to assume that this would have been the case for the rest of the report. If he analyzed the Bible in the same way he did the Qur'an, he would come to the same conclusion. His research is garbage.
If you read 50 verses from a list of verses serially, it is likely those verses without non-Muslims is likely to be 10%. What counts if the 90% i.e. around 3600 verses as compared to my 3400++ verses.

Since this is what you believe about Muslims, do you also believe that only Fundamentalist Christians with their strict and literal interpretation of the Bible are the only true Christians?

I have argued MANY TIMES,
what is core to Christianity re the covenant is the Gospels of Jesus reported by the apostles.
The epistles, and acts are like supporting appendixes to the covenant together with relevant verses from the OT.

What is critical in comparison is Christianity and Christians are limited by an overriding pacifist maxim of love all, even enemies and the likes.
On the other hand, for Islam, the maxim for all Muslims is 'kill all if you can' to defend the religion under certain vague conditions of threats [fasadin].

The root cause can be traced directly to Saudi Arabia and its practice and exporting of its extremist brand of Islam. The Saudi government indoctrinates its population and spends billions of dollars each year sending out missionaries, building schools and funding mosques in other parts of the world that promote an extremist ideology. This is what you should have an issue with, not Islam.
What I have presented is related to the core of Islam on an objective basis.
A Muslim in Islam is a person who had entered into a covenant with Allah to comply with the covenanted terms stipulated solely in the Quran.
Note Allah had defined and name the perfected Islam in verse 5:3
If the Saudi had promoted Islam objectively, there is nothing wrong with their acts as obligated Muslims.
The problem is they are promoting Islam which itself has evil and violent elements that triggered the evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evil and violence.

I have argued, it is not only the Saudi-Salafi, but all the fundamentalists of all Muslims are doing the same.

Brunei caved to pressure from Saudi Arabia to instill the Wahhabist inspired laws and punishments due to their shared reliance on the oil industry.
Where did you get that?
It is not Wahhabist-inspired-laws, but they are Allah's laws every Muslim is obligated to comply with to enable them salvation to paradise with eternal life as covenanted.

No Muslim would dare to claim something like "Wahhabist-inspired-laws" which mean they are inventing their own thus committing the greatest sin against Allah, i.e. biddah or innovation and deviating from Allah's perfected Islam.

Note the inevitable STALEMATE dilemma.

The problem is with the ideology of Islam itself with its loads of evil laden elements caught with a STALEMATE among its 1.5 billion followers.

On hindsight, the ideology of Islam is actually an imperialistic ideology that happened to be disguised as a religious ideology that has entrapped and made it problematic 1.5 billion followers.

But to be a logical, rational, critical and wiser thinker, one must trace to the ultimate root cause of the problem of Islamic-related evil and violent acts, i.e. the ideology of Islam.

Upvote 0

Joyousperson

Site Supporter
May 1, 2019
Beijing
✟48,243.00
Country
China
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
It still doesn't change the fact that Christianity and the Bible are being hijacked by extremists in the same way that Islam and the Qur'an are.
As usual, you are NOT thinking critically but rather you're bias. There is no question of hijacking.

Note there are two issues in the above;

1. Evil and violent believers
2. Evil and violent ideology​

In the case of Christianity [Gospels as main] and Christians, the Christians are sinning against God's overall maxim of "love all, even enemies." These Christians will be judged and forgiven or punished by the Christian God on Judgment Day.
As such, Christianity itself cannot to be blamed.

On the other hand with Islam, the evil prone Muslims have not sinned against God's commands, because killing of non-Muslims is permitted under the most vague definition of threats - fasidan.
In this case, the evil ideology of Islam is to be blamed for compelling Muslims to commit terrible evil and violent acts in the name of God as an obligatory divine duty.

These SOME evil prone Muslims from a pool of 20% or 320 million are performing their divine duty in accordance to God's words and command. WHO ARE YOU or any one to judge them??

Actually, that is what you are doing with the violent verses. Even with the surrounding texts, the verses I shared relay the same message. The same can't be said for the verses you pick and choose.
Are you sure???
This show you have not thoroughly understood the essence and ethos of Islam as represented in the Quran [supported by the Ahadith].

In essence what is good and favorable as in 3:34 is only applicable if the person is a Muslim never to an infidel, kaffir, disbeliever or non-Muslims.
As such, it is deemed the person would have converted to be a Muslim if s/he was a disbeliever.

If you included verses like this in your research that show that infidels are condemned in 55% of the 6,236 verse of the Quran, then your research is flawed as those verses do no such thing.
I had spent 3 years full time [average 6-7 hours a day] researching the Quran and have understood the essence and ethos of Islam as in the Quran - the final authority of Islam.
While I am reading the very familiar Quran, I can feel the stirring of the strong impulse of hatred for the disbelievers, it's influence is that powerful.

Once again, these verses are found in the Qur'an, a book intended for Muslims, so naturally Muslims would be addressed. In the same way, the New Testament is addressed to Christians. What's the problem? Aren't we talking about what Muslims believe and the teachings of Islam?
The essence and overriding pacifist maxim of "love all, even enemies" is enforced upon the Christian to apply that maxim to ALL humans without exception.

Whereas in Islam, Allah reserve the favorable for only if the person is a Muslim. Allah treats the Disbelievers with contempt, dehumanize them and exhort Muslims to kill disbelievers under the vaguest of definition of threats [fasidan] to islam, and will punish them in the most severest term on Judgment Day.

Yes, that verse comes from directly from the Jewish Talmud. Also, Muslims are to follow what the prophets before Muhammad taught. Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus, etc. If what they said in today's Bible or Torah doesn't contradict what is found in the Qur'an, then it is accepted by Muslims.

Say, O believers, "We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him." (Qur'an 2:136)

Do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him." (Qur'an 29:46)

So when Jesus said “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’" (Matthew 22:37-40), Muslims also believe this to be true because the words of Jesus in these verses do not contradict the teachings found in the Qur'an. In fact, you will often find the words in those verses attributed to Jesus in Islamic teaching.
You are lost in comparing the Quran with present the Bible and Torah.
Allah did claim Allah sent the original pristine Torah and Injeel to the Jews and Christians respectively in one moment in time, but the Jews and Christians has corrupted the original copy and what they have on hand at present are the corrupted copies and should not never be accepted by Muslims.

Btw, I have informed you, the ISA of the Quran [not crucified] is not the same Jesus Christ of the Gospels.
If you have read the Quran thoroughly you would have noted the verses that stated the above clearly and the many verses where Allah condemned the Jews and Christians.

Back to the verse you took out of context, when you add supporting texts from the Qur'an, it becomes clear that killing a person must be justified and as a last resort.

Say, “Come, let me tell you what your Lord has forbidden you: that you associate nothing with Him; that you honor your parents; that you do not kill your children because of poverty—We provide for you and for them; that you do not come near indecencies, whether outward or inward; and that you do not kill the soul which God has sanctified—except in the course of justice. All this He has enjoined upon you, so that you may understand.” (Qur'an 6:151)

If someone repents for their crime, they are to be forgiven and not killed:

The punishment for those who fight God and His Messenger, and strive to spread corruption on earth, is that they be killed, or crucified, or have their hands and feet cut off on opposite sides, or be banished from the land. That is to disgrace them in this life; and in the Hereafter they will have a terrible punishment. Except for those who repent before you apprehend them. So know that God is Forgiving and Merciful. (Qur'an5:33-34)

And We wrote for them in it: a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, and an equal wound for a wound; but whoever forgoes it in charity, it will serve as atonement for him. Those who do not rule according to what God revealed are the evildoers. (Qur'an 5:45)

If the relatives of the victim forgive the perpetrator, they will not be killed:

O you who believe! Retaliation for the murdered is ordained upon you: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, the female for the female. But if he is forgiven by his kin, then grant any reasonable demand, and pay with good will. This is a concession from your Lord, and a mercy. But whoever commits aggression after that, a painful torment awaits him. (Qur'an 2:178)
Again you have not understood the Quran thoroughly.

The term 'repent' is translated from the Arabic tābū تَابُوا. This term tabu is used many times within the Quran and normally with the term 'amend'.
In this case, the term 'tabu' implied the person has converted to Islam and be a Muslim. Therefore if one has converted to be a Muslim, then only can s/he repent within Allah's term in the covenant, thus shall not be killed.

Thus the verses exhorting evil on the disbelievers to be killed is still effective if the person resisted conversion to Islam. This is the reason why so many innocent disbelievers, i.e. non-Muslims are killed with the slightest offense [fasidan] perceived as a threat by those from the pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims.

In Islam Jesus' mother, Mary, was a virgin; He is referred to as the "Word" of God; Jesus was the Messiah sent to the children of Israel; Jesus confirmed the validity of the Torah; Jesus lived a righteous life; Jesus performed miracles. Healed the blind, the sick, and raised the dead; Jesus removed some of the law of Moses; Jesus was raised into heaven currently sits with God, and will return at the day of the Resurrection (Judgement Day); and Jesus is the only living profit in Islam.
The Mariam in the Quran is different from the Mary re the Gospels.
You have failed to understand the Quran thoroughly and in process lied to your own self with the wrong and evil view of Christianity by Islam.

Believing that Jesus was the Messiah sent to the children of Israel with the gospel is required of all Muslims.
I'll say again, the ISA of Quran is not the Jesus Christ of the Gospels!!!

I don't know of anyone else named Jesus that would fit that description do you? Just because Muslims deny His crucifixion and that he arose from the dead doesn't mean they are speaking of a different Jesus. What about Adam? Abraham? Moses? Noah? David? Do you believe that these too who are spoken of in the Qur'an are not the same prophets spoken of in the Bible?
Allah had already stated the whole of the Torah and Gospels in the hands of Jews and Christians are corrupted and should never be relied upon by Musiim in anyway.
Muslims are obligated to obey ONLY the perfected Quran sent by Allah via Muhammad.

The above applies to Muslims and non-Muslims alike. The murdering of others for simply drawing cartoons is not permitted in Islam.
Where is the above stated in the Quran?? Nowhere!! it show you are ignorant of the Quran is its whole perspective.

Muslims are exhorted and permitted to kill non-Muslims if the religion in under threat [fasidan] within a very vague definition and meaning.
The drawing of cartoons of Muhammad is deriding to and disrespecting the religion of Islam and thus a threat to Islam. In this case, if Islam is demonized so publicly, SOME [if 10% it is 150 million] may have their faith shaken and convert out of the religion to Christianity or other religions.

I addressed this one above. Two things here. First, the killing has conditions. In this case "those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land." It is in no way intended to be a blank check for Muslims to kill non-Muslims. Also, this was referring to a specific time in history when Muhammad was under attack.

The very next verse says the following:

Except for those who repent before you apprehend them. So know that God is Forgiving and Merciful. (Qur'an 5:34)

And a few verses after:

As for the thief, whether male or female, cut their hands as a penalty for what they have reaped—a deterrent from God. God is Mighty and Wise. But whoever repents after his crime, and reforms, God will accept his repentance. God is Forgiving and Merciful. (Qur'an 5:38-39)

So if someone stops fighting against Muslims or repents of their crime, it is forbidden for them to be killed.
As I had countered above, the term repent from the Arabic tabu, implied the one who repented would have converted to Islam otherwise there is no way Allah can forgive a non-Muslim.

You won't counter the rest of the examples because you can't. You just choose to counter the ones that the anti-Islamic propagandists have made popular. Even they don't acknowledge the material I provided in my examples, because they don't want people to know they exist since they so closely resemble what is taught in Christianity.
I am not wasting my time in explaining the same thing all over again.
What I know, is 55% or 3400++ of the verses refer to the non-Muslims with contempt in derogatory terms [in various degrees].

Note I always try not to generalize, thus my default is to qualify 'in various degrees'. Note this default. I will say so if it mean to be general.

You've got it backwards. The six pillars of faith come first; they are at the very foundation of the religion of Islam. It's impossible for someone to be a Muslim without first applying the six pillars of faith.
It is obvious the 5 pillars of Islam are the basic and easy practices for the lay-Muslims after they have stated the shahada. Don't waste your time arguing against this point.

The six pillars of iman require the person to be more familiar with the verses of the Quran in greater details and tackle the obstacle and task of reading and understanding Arabic.

You keep repeating this, but you have yet to demonstrate anything. You haven't even provided a reference to the 3,400+ verses yet.
It is too tedious and a long list for me to extract, compile and post.

My thesis of the 3400++ is very simple.
It is any verse that contain any reference to the disbelievers, the non-Muslim including Jews and Christian.
You can read them off the Quran yourself.
Where not mentioned, one problem is to identify every pronoun that is related to the disbelivers.

Once again, the six pillars of faith are the very first requirements of a Muslim.
Note my counter above

I have, he's obviously a fraud.
You are bias based on 3rd party hearsays and accusations.
You need to read all of Imam Tawhidi responses to the accusation.
Btw, Iman Tawhidi condemns all the evil and violence associated with Islam on an objective basis, why are you not within him on this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joyousperson

Site Supporter
May 1, 2019
Beijing
✟48,243.00
Country
China
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
JosephZ,

Re your criticism of Bill Warner, I presume you did not read the notes on his methodology on the top of the listing, i.e.
file:///C:/Users/Leonard/Downloads/Kafir_in_Meccan_Koran.pdf

Warner qualified his listings of verses with 'kafir' or disbelievers as;

There is a technical problem in measuring the Koranic text. The usual unit in the Koran is the verse.
There is a distinct problem with only using verses to quantify the Koran.
A verse is usually a sentence. We would never attempt to discuss any other ideology by picking a sentence.

We need to study ideas and concepts, not disconnected sentences.
Since the longer Koran chapters (Suras) are a collection of topics, most Korans divide the chapter into logical idea/topic units or subjects. The most obvious idea unit is the story.
So there are three major idea/concept units used in this study: the verse, the story and the Koranic Argument.
If the story is about how Allah destroyed the city because the city would not accept the prophet of Allah, then for measurement purposes, the entire story (idea unit) is counted as being about the kafir.
[even if some of the related verses of the story do not include the term 'disbelievers']
Thus before you condemn Bill Warner you need to read his explanation of his methodology. Btw, Bill Warner was a Scientist and it is not likely he would do his research stupidly to sacrifice his intellectual integrity and credibility.

Because Warner relied upon the "entire story" approach his 3900++ verses is definitely more than my 3400++ verses that contain or referred to the disbelievers.

In my listing of the 3400+ verses related to disbelievers I have sub-analyzed them into sub-categories in terms of the number of verse related to dehumanizing the disbelievers, war on and kill them, violence, injustices, insults, hartred, doomed them to hell, and many other derogatory contemptuous terms on the disbelievers.

I bet you cannot produce even a single verses where Allah spoke favorably of the disbelievers in unconditional terms and any that are not abrogated by the later Medinian verses of contempt and ill-will by Allah on the disbelievers.
[If any at all, they are insignificant].

In any case, if you had understood the Quran thoroughly, you will automatically note whatever of any inkling of positiveness to the disbelievers is always overridden or abrogated by another later negative verse.

I estimate there are less than 10 standalone verses [not more than 20] in the Quran that are pseudo-favorable to the disbelievers that are subsequently abrogated, e.g. the 'no-compulsion' verse.

In contrast, Christianity has in the Gospels the overriding pacifist maxim of "love all-even enemies."
This meant the default is no Christians can kill or be violent and evil to any non-Christians.
If they have to do it for some reason they think is justifiable or for the greater good, then it is on their own free will and they have be prepared to face God's wrath for sinning or forgiveness if God judged the sin as forgivable.
In this case, Christianity is idiot proof or fool proof against any blame, thus if any idiot Christian commit evil and violent acts, it has nothing to do with Christianity itself because of the stated overriding pacifist maxim, of "love all-even enemies."

Note you yourself admitted Islam is from a false God and false prophet.
This is why the ideology was not covered by idiot-proofing but openly condoning evil and violent acts within the most vague definition of threats [fasidan] against the religion.
I wonder why you are defending the above like crazy??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,151.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The above is crap.
I'll will say,
I did the math, you are wrong! and so can you. It takes a little bit of effort, but you can do it.
My inflated estimate was 160,000. Others who have done the math have also concluded that the number is below 200,000.

Even if Muslims were hypothetically behind every single one of the 140,000 terror attacks committed worldwide since 1970, those terrorists would represent barely 0.009 percent (144,000) of global Islam. (Muslims Do NOT Carry Out Most Terrorist Attacks, by Joshua A Krisch, http://goo.gl/KQd6nQ, 18/11/15)

With an estimated 1.5 billion Muslims around the world and less than 150,000 belonging to organizations such as ISIS, (al-Qaeda, al-Shahbab and Boko Haram) terrorists represent less than 0.001 percent of all Muslims. (The Best Instrument for Changing the Muslim World, by Hossein Askari, http://goo.gl/BLPyYc, 11/01/16)

So how many participants in "Foreign Terrorist Organizations" worldwide menace America's "national security?" How many threaten us so badly that our rulers insist on suspending much of the Bill of Rights to counteract the danger? Try 184,000.

And if you take this free online course, Understanding Terrorism and the Terrorist Threat offered by The University of Maryland, you will also find that there are less Islamic terrorists in the world than you believe there are.

Your logic and rationality above is bad.
Where do you get 100 accomplices, it could be a lone wolf and many of the attacks could be repeated by the same person.
Exactly! The 100 accomplices was given to erase any doubt that every single Islamic terrorist in the world would be counted. It just further supports the position that less than 1% of the Muslim population is involved in violent jihad and that your conclusions can't possibly be correct.
Even if every single terror attack since 1970 was carried out by Islamic extremists, and every single attack required 100 accomplices (18 million), this would mean that less than 1% of those proclaiming to be Muslims participated in violent jihad in the past 50 years. That 18 million figure is ridiculous by the way. Now I was being extremely generous in my example, the number if Islamic extremists who carried out attacks over the past 50 years is actually much lower than the number I gave above.

Note I have argued, the actual attacks were carried out very few people, e.g. it only took 18++ to do a 911 with 3000++ innocent deaths. But these people were supported by a whole range of other evil supporters with the same intent.
The attacks on 9/11 were carried out and supported by al-Qaeda which had a membership of a couple of thousand at the time. Only a small percentage of those would have had a direct hand in the planning of the attacks that took place on 9/11.

Btw, the topic is on Islamic-related evil and violent acts, not others [to be addressed elsewhere] which is off topic.
The reason I counted all ideologies was to further stress how the number of Islamic terrorists in the world is much lower than what you believe it to be.

Note there is a consensus among the psychology community, 1% of all humans are psychopaths. Read this and remember this! Psychopaths make up about 1 percent of the general population and as much as 25 percent of male offenders in federal correctional settings, according to the researchers. Psychopaths are typically profoundly selfish and lack emotion. "In lay terms, psychopaths seem to have little or no 'conscience,'" write the researchers in a study published online in the journal Legal and Criminological Psychology.
How to Spot Psychopaths: Speech Patterns Give Them Away
1% of all humans [7+ b] is 70 million around the world.
What percentage of that 1% are violent?

The above re psychopath would mean 1% of all Muslims are psychopaths, i.e. 15 million of psychopathic Muslims. It is most likely those who are involved in the serious terror attacks are the psychopathic evil prone Muslims.
So now you are saying that it's mental illness that drives terrorists and not religion?

The actual evil prone Muslims who committed evil and violent acts may be small in number, but what should be most frightening to any one is the potential from a large pool of 320 million, i.e. generating a higher probability.
Historically, out of your mythical pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims, less than 1/10th of 1% have participated in violent acts against others. Shouldn't that tell you that your fears are unwarranted?

But to be a logical, rational, critical and wiser thinker, one must trace to the ultimate root cause of the problem of Islamic-related evil and violent acts, i.e. the ideology of Islam.
Study after study shows otherwise:

Eli Berman, Radical, Religious, and Violent 9-13, 212 (2009) (relying upon Israeli study of Muslim suicide bombers, among other evidence, to demonstrate that “religious terrorists, even suicide bombers [are] not particularly motivated by heavenly rewards”)

Tufyal Choudhury, Dept. for Communities and Local Gov’t, The Role of Muslim Identity Politics in Radicalization (A Study in Progress) 6 (2007) (emphasis added), available at http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/communities/pdf/452628.pdf. Sageman found that terrorists are not particularly religiously literate and do not come primarily from religious families. Only about one-fourth of his sample was deeply religious when they were young; two-thirds were secular; and the remainder converted to Islam. Nor were his subjects well versed in Islam. Rather, the “majority of terrorists come to their religious beliefs through self-instruction. Their religious understanding is limited; they know about as much as any secular person, which is to say, very little.” Leaderless Jihad, supra note 40, at 51.

With respect to American homegrown terrorists, the Rand Study concludes that, although we have “no metric for measuring faith . . . the attraction of the jihadists’ extremist ideology . . . appears to have had more to do with participating in action than with religious instruction.” Rand Study, supra note 25, at 3.

The data show that there is little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism, or any one of the world’s religions… Rather, what nearly all suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territory that terrorists consider to be their homeland. Religion is rarely the root cause, although it is often used as a tool by terrorist organizations in recruiting and in other efforts in service of the broader strategic objective. (Pape, Robert. Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism. 2006)

The available research does not support the view that Islam drives terrorism or that observing the Muslim faith—even a particularly stringent or conservative variety of that faith—is a step on the path to violence. In fact, that research suggests the opposite: Instead of promoting radicalization, a strong religious identity could well serve to inoculate people against turning to violence in the name of Islam.

The British MI5 Study explicitly debunked this view. It found that “[f]ar from being religious zealots, a large number of those involved in terrorism do not practise their faith regularly. Many lack religious literacy and could actually be regarded as religious novices.”

Sageman’s review of 500 cases, as well as multiple other empirical studies, have found that “a lack of religious literacy and education appears to be a common feature among those that are drawn to [terrorist] groups.” Indeed, there is evidence that “a well-established religious identity actually protects against violent radicalization.”

In the case of Christianity [Gospels as main] and Christians, the Christians are sinning against God's overall maxim of "love all, even enemies." These Christians will be judged and forgiven or punished by the Christian God on Judgment Day.
As such, Christianity itself cannot to be blamed.
I showed you verses from the Qur'an and texts from the hadiths that teach the same in Islam.

In essence what is good and favorable as in 3:34 is only applicable if the person is a Muslim never to an infidel, kaffir, disbeliever or non-Muslims. As such, it is deemed the person would have converted to be a Muslim if s/he was a disbeliever.
3:34 says Offspring one of the other. God is Hearer and Knower.

I think you meant 41:34:

Good and evil are not equal. Repel evil with good, and the person who was your enemy becomes like an intimate friend.
(Qur'an 41:34)

Then we agree that Islam teaches that Muslims are to repel evil with good since the above verse applies to Muslims.

I had spent 3 years full time [average 6-7 hours a day] researching the Quran and have understood the essence and ethos of Islam as in the Quran - the final authority of Islam.
Wow, you invested all that time and effort on the Qur'an, yet when I suggest a course that will take just a couple of months to complete you call it stupid and a waste of time.
It would be very stupid of me to waste my time taking Dr. David Shenk's course.
The course I recommended for you should be a breeze if you are used to putting in that many hours a day into studying. You could probably finish it in a couple of weeks.

You are lost in comparing the Quran with present the Bible and Torah. Allah did claim Allah sent the original pristine Torah and Injeel to the Jews and Christians respectively in one moment in time, but the Jews and Christians has corrupted the original copy and what they have on hand at present are the corrupted copies and should not never be accepted by Muslims.
Allah had already stated the whole of the Torah and Gospels in the hands of Jews and Christians are corrupted and should never be relied upon by Musiim in anyway. Muslims are obligated to obey ONLY the perfected Quran sent by Allah via Muhammad.
Yes, of course the Bible and the Torah are rejected by Muslims because in their opinion they are corrupted. I never said they did accept them. This is what I said:
Muslims are to follow what the prophets before Muhammad taught. Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus, etc. If what they said in today's Bible or Torah doesn't contradict what is found in the Qur'an, then it is accepted by Muslims.
They follow what the prophets said. So when Jesus said the following in the book of Matthew, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself,’" then this can be attributed to Jesus since this is also taught in Islam.

Btw, I have informed you, the ISA of the Quran [not crucified] is not the same Jesus Christ of the Gospels.
I'll say again, the ISA of Quran is not the Jesus Christ of the Gospels!!!
The Mariam in the Quran is different from the Mary re the Gospels.
Then who are the Jesus and Mary being referred to in the Qur'an?

It is obvious the 5 pillars of Islam are the basic and easy practices for the lay-Muslims after they have stated the shahada. Don't waste your time arguing against this point.
The six pillars of iman require the person to be more familiar with the verses of the Quran in greater details and tackle the obstacle and task of reading and understanding Arabic.
Yes, this is Islam 101 and where all new converts to Islam start. It is impossible to be called a Muslim without first applying the six pillars of faith. The five pillars of Islam mean absolutely nothing to a Muslim without first applying the six pillars of faith.

I am not wasting my time in explaining the same thing all over again.
What I know, is 55% or 3400++ of the verses refer to the non-Muslims with contempt in derogatory terms [in various degrees]. Note I always try not to generalize, thus my default is to qualify 'in various degrees'. Note this default. I will say so if it mean to be general.
You keep saying this, but so far you have shown no supporting evidence for your claims. Here you say your research is very simple.
My thesis of the 3400++ is very simple.
Then you say it is too tedious and long to extract.
It is too tedious and a long list for me to extract, compile and post.
And earlier you said you would upload it.
I have already given a sample of 15 verses from Chapter 2 and the rest of the 3400++ are along the same line, i.e. condenming the non-Muslims antagonistically of various degrees. I will get them published in time.
It literally takes a matter of minutes to upload a file to the internet or host material on a site like Wordpress.

Re your criticism of Bill Warner, I presume you did not read the notes on his methodology on the top of the listing... Thus before you condemn Bill Warner you need to read his explanation of his methodology.
I have read his methodology. I even linked to it in my earlier reply to you. Do you even read my posts?
You mentioned that in Bill Warner's research supports your claim that there are 3,400 verses in the Qur'an that are evil and violent that are directed antagonistically with hate and extreme hatred towards non-Muslims. Not only is his research laughable, but it in no way supports your claim. Let's look at how Mr. Warner came to the conclusion that 64% of the Qur'an contains violent references to unbelievers.

Below is from the link you provided:

Kafir in Koran Total words in Koran 152,006
Total about Kafirs: 97,583
Percentage: 64.0%

Kafir, Mecca = 66,285
Koran Mecca = 97,184 68.2%
Kafir, Medina = 31,287
Koran Medina = 54,822 57.0%

So there are three major idea/concept units used in this study: the verse, the story and the Koranic Argument. If the story is about how Allah destroyed the city because the city would not accept the prophet of Allah, then for measurement purposes, the entire story (idea unit) is counted as being about the kafir.

Btw, Bill Warner was a Scientist and it is not likely he would do his research stupidly to sacrifice his intellectual integrity and credibility.
He doesn't even use his real name, and he lost any credibility he had long ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,151.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wonder why you are defending the above like crazy??
I answered this question for you already in this thread:
My purpose for sharing what I know about Islam and Muslims is primarily so my brothers and sisters in Christ will not fear this religion and those who follow it. I'm just trying to counter the false narrative the anti-Islamic propagandists are spreading. Their motivations are self serving, divisive, and fuel hatred for others. My motivations are the opposite and are motivated by love for my brothers and sisters in Christ and for all of those who do not know Him yet.
And earlier in the thread here:
I'm in no way defending or trying to justify Islam. As a Christian I believe it's a false religion and Muhammad was a false prophet; however; I will defend Muslims and dispel the misinformation and falsehoods being spread by extremists and anti-Islamic propagandists. I'm just trying to educate my brothers and sisters in Christ about Islam and what Muslims believe, so they will not fear this religion and those who follow it. How can Christians share their faith with Muslims if they don't interact with them and have already prejudged them based on all of the misinformation being pushed by Islamic extremists and anti-Islamic propagandists? Ignorance of Islam by non-Muslims is at the root of many of the problems we are seeing in the world today and if more people would take the time to study the religion and reach out to Muslims, the world we live in would be a better place for everyone.

Upvote 0

Joyousperson

Site Supporter
May 1, 2019
Beijing
✟48,243.00
Country
China
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
Your figure are based on the ignorance of Islam-proper and are very bias.

Note the above got their facts wrong, e.g. this fundamental point;

‘Religiously inspired’ includes Islamist extremists, as well as Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists who were motivated by (perverted forms of) their religion to hurt others.
How Many Terrorists Are There: Not As Many As You Might Think

I have already argued intensively, Christians, Hindus and Buddhists are not inspired by their respective religion which has an overriding pacficist maxim to prohibit them from committing evil and violent acts in non-believers.

There is a large group of cowards [psychological] out there deflecting and defending Islam as the root cause of all Islamic related evil and violent acts. The above article and you are among them.

Note I have an argument [details available] where the ethos of Islam itself [within the Quran] has a strategy of terror to cow the nons with subliminal fears of terror into submission and to be pro-Islam [Stockhome Syndrome].​

And if you take this free online course, Understanding Terrorism and the Terrorist Threat offered by The University of Maryland, you will also find that there are less Islamic terrorists in the world than you believe there are.
Note I am a very vociferous, fervent and aggressive reader and researcher into many fields of knowledge, i.e. philosophy, neurosciences, psychology, religion & spirituality and many others.
What you suggested above is kindergarten stuffs and it anyone is serious on that alone, they are psychological cowards.
To be credible, one to research into many sources with many perspectives to the issue.

Exactly! The 100 accomplices was given to erase any doubt that every single Islamic terrorist in the world would be counted. It just further supports the position that less than 1% of the Muslim population is involved in violent jihad and that your conclusions can't possibly be correct.
The above is dishonest and deceptive rhetorics.
I have already explained the 'pool' effect where only a minority will commit the actual evil and violent acts.

The attacks on 9/11 were carried out and supported by al-Qaeda which had a membership of a couple of thousand at the time. Only a small percentage of those would have had a direct hand in the planning of the attacks that took place on 9/11.
That is exactly my point.
You cannot take the 18++ into account as your statistics of terrorists.
This is why you must take into account the pool of support behind the actual attackers.

Note I don't agree with your attempt to guess the number of Islamist terrorists.

My focus is on;
1. -the pool of 320 million potential evil prone Muslims where any one could be triggered to commit evil and violent acts.
2. It is not only terrorist acts from Islamists but the whole gamut and range of evil and violent acts from the pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims.

The reason I counted all ideologies was to further stress how the number of Islamic terrorists in the world is much lower than what you believe it to be.
This is a very immature deflection from the topic.
All evil and violent acts must be addressed but it is obvious the evil acts attributed to Islam is significant and critical.

What percentage of that 1% are violent?
A small percentage [10% 20%. 30%?] of that have actually committed violence.
What is critical is the pool of the existence of 1% i.e. 70 million psychopaths and we do not know which one will quickly commit evil and violent acts.
It is the uncertainty in determining which of the 70 million psychopath will actually turned evil which is most frightening.
Thus the task for humanity is to ensure there is 0% of psychopaths so there are no evil and violent acts attributed the psychopathy. This is not possible at present.

Similarly I have demonstrated there is a possible pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims where any one of them could be triggered by the ideology of Islam to commit terrible evil and violent acts, where SOME have already committed evil acts over the 1400 years of the history of Islam and will continue into the future.
Just like the 70 million of psychopaths, what is scary is the uncertainty of who will strike from the pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims, but we are certain there will definitely be evil and violent deeds from these evil prone Muslims.

So the solution is;

1. - make the 320 million evil prone Muslims to be not evil prone. Since it involved the DNA, this is not possible.

2.- eliminate the ideology of Islam because of its inherent evil and violent essence. This task is not impossible given religion can be choice.​

So now you are saying that it's mental illness that drives terrorists and not religion?
Where did I say that??
I was giving you an example and analogy.
It is only 1% of 1.5 billion i.e. 15 million who have psychopath tendencies.
The other 19% are driven by other psychological impulses of evil and violent.

Historically, out of your mythical pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims, less than 1/10th of 1% have participated in violent acts against others. Shouldn't that tell you that your fears are unwarranted?
Your ignorance could fuel more evil and violence around the world.
Btw, don't keep referring to violent acts alone!!
I keep stating my concern is the whole gamut and range of evil and violent acts by Muslims against non-Muslims.
Note the false arrogance and supremacy of Muslims promoted by Islam that generate all sorts of negative acts against non-Muslims. Note the infringements of the basic human rights of non-Muslims.

I have stated the pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims posed a potential threat of evil and violence acts that can happen anytime around the world where we do not know who will strike, when and where.

Note the greater state of heightened fear and terror from Islam [than other terror attacks] all over the world by non-Muslims. The next strike could happen anywhere.

Study after study shows otherwise:

Eli Berman, Radical, Religious, and Violent 9-13, 212 (2009) (relying upon Israeli study of Muslim suicide bombers, among other evidence, to demonstrate that “religious terrorists, even suicide bombers [are] not particularly motivated by heavenly rewards”)

Tufyal Choudhury, Dept. for Communities and Local Gov’t, The Role of Muslim Identity Politics in Radicalization (A Study in Progress) 6 (2007) (emphasis added), available at http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/communities/pdf/452628.pdf. Sageman found that terrorists are not particularly religiously literate and do not come primarily from religious families. Only about one-fourth of his sample was deeply religious when they were young; two-thirds were secular; and the remainder converted to Islam. Nor were his subjects well versed in Islam. Rather, the “majority of terrorists come to their religious beliefs through self-instruction. Their religious understanding is limited; they know about as much as any secular person, which is to say, very little.” Leaderless Jihad, supra note 40, at 51.

With respect to American homegrown terrorists, the Rand Study concludes that, although we have “no metric for measuring faith . . . the attraction of the jihadists’ extremist ideology . . . appears to have had more to do with participating in action than with religious instruction.” Rand Study, supra note 25, at 3.

The data show that there is little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism, or any one of the world’s religions… Rather, what nearly all suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territory that terrorists consider to be their homeland. Religion is rarely the root cause, although it is often used as a tool by terrorist organizations in recruiting and in other efforts in service of the broader strategic objective. (Pape, Robert. Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism. 2006)

The available research does not support the view that Islam drives terrorism or that observing the Muslim faith—even a particularly stringent or conservative variety of that faith—is a step on the path to violence. In fact, that research suggests the opposite: Instead of promoting radicalization, a strong religious identity could well serve to inoculate people against turning to violence in the name of Islam.

The British MI5 Study explicitly debunked this view. It found that “[f]ar from being religious zealots, a large number of those involved in terrorism do not practise their faith regularly. Many lack religious literacy and could actually be regarded as religious novices.”
Sageman’s review of 500 cases, as well as multiple other empirical studies, have found that “a lack of religious literacy and education appears to be a common feature among those that are drawn to [terrorist] groups.” Indeed, there is evidence that “a well-established religious identity actually protects against violent radicalization.”
The fact is all these are Muslims and their evil and violent acts are ultimately traceable to Islam.
Whilst some may not have a history of being religious, these Muslims are heavily influenced by the Islamic ideology from Islam preachers offline or online. It is obvious these Muslims will often shout Allah-u-Akbar while committing the evil and violent acts in the name of their religion.

The point is any of these Muslims could come from very large pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims.

It is very common for any Muslim [or group ] from the above pool of 320 million to be triggered by an active existential crisis and got very aware and worried about his mortality and what will happen after death.

Such Muslim will fall back to their religion of Islam where the evil and violent are the most rewarding, and with their zeal and influence from preachers they will strive hard to please Allah in compensating and repenting for past sins, thus ending with committing the worst kind of evil and violent acts on non-Muslims.

This is why it is so common to hear of those who have been known to be criminals, delinquents, not religious Muslims, etc, who turned suicide bombers out of the blue.

Btw, it is not only from the pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims, but even a significant % from the very good goody-two-shoes Muslims could turned to be a suicide-bomber or terrorists and supported of terrorism when triggered by the inherent existential crisis, thus striving to be saved via salvation.
When they strive to please Allah with zealousness, it is inevitable they will be influenced by the evil and violent acts condoned by Allah where no humans can judge they are right or wrong - the STALEMATE.

I showed you verses from the Qur'an and texts from the hadiths that teach the same in Islam.
Where??
I have countered all the verses you have shown are either cherry-picked or abrogated by the later Medinian verses.

3:34 says Offspring one of the other. God is Hearer and Knower.

I think you meant 41:34:

Good and evil are not equal. Repel evil with good, and the person who was your enemy becomes like an intimate friend.

Then we agree that Islam teaches that Muslims are to repel evil with good since the above verse applies to Muslims.
Nope, i argued the above applies only if the person is a Muslim or converted to be a Muslim.

Wow, you invested all that time and effort on the Qur'an, yet when I suggest a course that will take just a couple of months to complete you call it stupid and a waste of time.

The course I recommended for you should be a breeze if you are used to putting in that many hours a day into studying. You could probably finish it in a couple of weeks.
I know Bilal Philips [listened to his videos] and is aware of his Salafi stance.

Then who are the Jesus and Mary being referred to in the Qur'an?
Note it is Isa and Mariam in the Quran. These are just names and do not represent the specific Jesus and Mary in the NT.
This is why Islam is a false religion, i.e. a group of people who compiled the Quran for whatever he reason, plagiarized stories from the Bible and NT but they were full of errors in comparison.

Yes, this is Islam 101 and where all new converts to Islam start. It is impossible to be called a Muslim without first applying the six pillars of faith. The five pillars of Islam mean absolutely nothing to a Muslim without first applying the six pillars of faith.
A Muslim is one who have recited the shahada as below, implying a covenant with Allah and a recognition of Allah and Muhammad as his/her savior.

There is no god but God. Muhammad is the messenger of God.
لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا ٱلله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ ٱلله
lā ʾilāha ʾillā llāh muḥammadun rasūlu llāh
The declaration of the above is the definitive qualification to be a Muslim.
The five pillars of Islam is the easiest to follow by all Muslim.
The six pillars are more difficult to comply to qualify as a Mushin.

You keep saying this, but so far you have shown no supporting evidence for your claims. Here you say your research is very simple.

Then you say it is too tedious and long to extract.

And earlier you said you would upload it.

It literally takes a matter of minutes to upload a file to the internet or host material on a site like Wordpress.
I stated it is easy to identify and verify it by yourself because the process is not complicated. It is merely picking the verses from the immutable Quran.

It is tedious because it is a long list of 3400++ verses.

I have read his methodology. I even linked to it in my earlier reply to you. Do you even read my posts?
Then why are not complaining some of his verses do not contain the term 'disbelievers'.

Warner stated he used the 'story' approach which comprised of a set of verses where certain verses may not contain the term disbelivers but is essential to the story.

He doesn't even use his real name, and he lost any credibility he had long ago.
I noted Bill Warner is his pen name [this is very common].
Bill Warner (writer) - Wikipedia
However he had presented himself visually in his videos, which is the more critical factor.

I had stated, it not not wise for a critique to be visible, given the presence of the 320 million evil prone Muslim around the world and any one of them could easily to kill critiques of Islam.

What count is the objective arguments from original Islamic sources, other empirical and rational premises in one's critique of Islam.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,151.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Note the above got their facts wrong, e.g. this fundamental point;

‘Religiously inspired’ includes Islamist extremists, as well as Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists who were motivated by (perverted forms of) their religion to hurt others.
How Many Terrorists Are There: Not As Many As You Might Think
You fail to understand the point that is being made. You're missing it completely. If there are less than 200,000 terrorists of all ideologies, then that means that there are much fewer Islamic inspired terrorists than the totals mentioned. There aren't nearly as many as you believe there to be. This is what getting all of your information from anti-Islamic propagandists leads to. It gives you a false sense of reality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joyousperson

Site Supporter
May 1, 2019
Beijing
✟48,243.00
Country
China
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
You fail to understand the point that is being made. You're missing it completely. If there are less than 200,000 terrorists of all ideologies, then that means that there are much fewer Islamic inspired terrorists than the totals mentioned. There aren't nearly as many as you believe there to be. This is what getting all of your information from anti-Islamic propagandists leads to. It gives you a false sense of reality.
My point is if they cannot get to the facts, i.e. Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism and others are not inherently evil and violent in the essence, then they are likely to be bias.

The fact is we cannot infer from Muslims and groups who has declared the allegiance to I.S.I.S or Baghdadi or those who had committed terrorist acts.

You will note earlier [late 80s and 90s] we only heard of Al-Qaeda [founded in 1988]. At that time, the Muslims apologists like yourself and others would have insisted and claimed there were only say 5000 terrorists out of the 1.5 billion Muslims, so there is no need to be alarmed.

Even then in the 80s I would have claimed there are 20% or 300 million evil prone Muslims floating around.

But I am proven right, since from one one terrorist groups in the late 80s, there are now more that hundred groups of Muslims who declared themselves to be extremists and declared allegiance to I.S.I.S thus increasing the obvious numbers to hundreds of thousands of self-declared terrorists.

The number you have inferred are based on those who openly declared they are extremists.
What about those who has not declared like those who were unknown in the late 80s but subsequent openly admit they are extremist.

The extremists who committed terror in Sri Langka were not a recognized terrorist group but they did commit the act of terror subsequently. I believed there are more terrorist groups out there who had not declared or make themselves known.

My argument for the 20% of ALL humans to be naturally born with an active evil tendency is logically and rationally proven.
Thus 20% of all Muslims or 320 million are potentially active evil prone Muslims.
Do you have a counter to it?

Note the potential of 320 million evil prone is frightening, but even if the quantum of 100 million, or 50 million or even 16 million that is still a scary number.
Therefore my conservative figure of 320 million evil prone Muslims exposed to the 3400++ or 55% of evil laden verses as God's words and command must be given exceptional attention.

Note I did not get my information from what you called "anti-Islamic propagandists" no! they are objective critiques of Islamic-driven evil and violence.

I did my own inference of the 20% or 320 million of evil prone Muslims from my own research which is very rational. Prove my inference is wrong in this case.
I also did my own research into the 3400++ of evil and violent elements directed derogatorily at the disbelievers.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,151.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is a large group of cowards [psychological] out there deflecting and defending Islam as the root cause of all Islamic related evil and violent acts. The above article and you are among them.
People pointing out that there are fewer than 200,000 terrorists in the world actually leads you to this conclusion?

Note I am a very vociferous, fervent and aggressive reader and researcher into many fields of knowledge, i.e. philosophy, neurosciences, psychology, religion & spirituality and many others. What you suggested above is kindergarten stuffs and it anyone is serious on that alone, they are psychological cowards. To be credible, one to research into many sources with many perspectives to the issue.
How can you fairly criticize a course you have not taken? While the course is introductory, the material is well sourced and comes from a wide variety of outlets. The two primary lecturers are leaders in their field. Here are their bios:

William Braniff is the Director of the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) and a Professor of the Practice at the University of Maryland. He previously served as the Director of Practitioner Education and an Instructor at West Point’s Combating Terrorism Center (CTC). There he led the practitioner education program, the nation’s largest provider of counterterrorism education to federal, state and local governmental audiences.

Braniff is a graduate of the United States Military Academy where he received his bachelor’s degree. Following his Company Command as an Armor Officer in the U.S. Army, Braniff attended the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) where he received a master’s degree in international relations. Upon graduation, Bill worked in the nuclear counterterrorism field at the Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration, and as a research associate with the CTC Harmony Project at West Point.

Braniff lectures frequently for counterterrorism audiences in partnership with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Joint Special Operations University, National Defense University, the United States Attorneys’ Office, the Foreign Service Institute, the Diplomatic Security Service, Defense Intelligence Agency and Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Braniff has also taken a keen interest in the field of Countering Violent Extremism (CVE). He has consulted with the Department of Justice, the FBI and the National Security Staff, playing a key role in an interagency working group dedicated to the topic. In June of 2013, Bill testified before Congress regarding American attitudes towards terrorism and counterterrorism, and in February of 2014 and again in February 2015 he testified before the House Armed Services Committee on the evolving nature of global jihadism. Also in February of 2015, Bill was asked to speak at the White House CVE Summit, to the United Nations Counterterrorism Executive Directorate, and to the Global Counterterrorism Forum Foreign Terrorist Fighter Working group.

Gary LaFree is Director of the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) at the University of Maryland, as well as professor in the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice. He received his PhD in Sociology from Indiana University in 1979. Dr. LaFree is a Fellow of the American Society of Criminology (ASC) and served as President of the ASC in 2005 to 2006. He has also served on the Executive Committee of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) Crime, Law and Justice Committee and NAS’s Division of Behavioral and Economic Sciences and Education. He has also served as the President of the ASC's Division on International Criminology (1991-1993), the Chair of the American Sociological Association's Section on Crime, Law and Deviance (1991-1993) and a member of the Executive Committee of the Justice Research Statistics Association (2000-2001; 1993-1994). He was named a Distinguished Scholar Teacher at the University of Maryland in 2012. Much of Dr. LaFree's research is related to understanding criminal violence and he is the senior member of the team that created and now maintains the Global Terrorism Database, a major project being supported by START.

This course would dispel many of the misconceptions you have about Terrorism, violent extremism, and Islamic extremism. You should give it a try.

That is exactly my point. You cannot take the 18++ into account as your statistics of terrorists.
This is why you must take into account the pool of support behind the actual attackers. Note I don't agree with your attempt to guess the number of Islamist terrorists.
Keep in mind that "guess" was based on factual information and was highly inflated. Since you dispute my numbers and the numbers of several others who have also came to the same conclusion. Since you dispute these findings, can you provide a legitimate source that gives a higher number than 200,000?

A small percentage [10% 20%. 30%?] of that have actually committed violence.
What is critical is the pool of the existence of 1% i.e. 70 million psychopaths and we do not know which one will quickly commit evil and violent acts.
It is the uncertainty in determining which of the 70 million psychopath will actually turned evil which is most frightening. Thus the task for humanity is to ensure there is 0% of psychopaths so there are no evil and violent acts attributed the psychopathy. This is not possible at present.
So the solution is;
1. - make the 320 million evil prone Muslims to be not evil prone. Since it involved the DNA, this is not possible.
2.- eliminate the ideology of Islam because of its inherent evil and violent essence. This task is not impossible given religion can be choice.
So your desire is to rid the world of psychopaths and Islam?

The fact is all these are Muslims and their evil and violent acts are ultimately traceable to Islam.
Whilst some may not have a history of being religious, these Muslims are heavily influenced by the Islamic ideology from Islam preachers offline or online. It is obvious these Muslims will often shout Allah-u-Akbar while committing the evil and violent acts in the name of their religion.
While those people in the studies claim to be Muslims, thus their connection to Islam, the conclusions of the studies are the exact opposite of what you are saying. I'm going to stick with the experts.

Where??
I have countered all the verses you have shown are either cherry-picked or abrogated by the later Medinian verses.
Here: Islam - Sri Lankan Massacre Revenge You addressed only a few of the examples I gave, which I have already countered, and said you would not bother with the rest.
I will be looking forward to what you have to say about the remaining Islamic texts I provided in that post.

I know Bilal Philips [listened to his videos] and is aware of his Salafi stance.
What does Bilal Phillips have to do with the course I recommended you take?

I recommended a course offered by TVSeminary called the Gospel and Islam.

If you would like to get a good understanding on the basics of Islam from a Christian point of view, I would like to suggest this course for you: The Gospel and Islam - TVSEMINARY Trinity Video Seminary

I think it would be very beneficial and it will also clear up many of the misconceptions you have about Islam, it's history, and what it teaches.
The lecturer is Dr. David Shenk. He has a PhD in Religious Studies from New York University and teaches courses in Islam and Eastern Religions. He was born in Tanzania. Lived for ten years in Somalia and lectured in comparative religion and church history at Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya for six years and has spent time several other Islamic countries. I'm pretty sure he knows a lot more about Islam than Bill Warner.

You will have to enroll in the course to get access to the material. Below are some of the resources you will have access to and a course outline:

Textbook #1: A Muslim and A Christian in Dialogue
Textbook #2 for the course: Journeys
Encyclopedia Of Islam.pdf
Concise Encyclopedia Islam.pdf
The New Cambridge History of Islam Volume 1

STUDY WEEK 1
Early Theological Formation in the Arabian Background
VIDEO 3.1.The Christian Context.
VIDEO 3.2. The Jewish Context.
VIDEO 3.3. The Jahiliyya and the Hanif Contexts.

STUDY WEEK 2
VIDEO 4.1. The Muslim Community (Ummah). Part 1.
VIDEO 4.2. The Muslim Community (Ummah). Part 2.

STUDY WEEK 3
Muslim Theology and Praxis
VIDEO 5.1. The Five Pillars of Muslim Theology (Iman).
VIDEO 5.2. Presenting the Gospel to Muslim.
VIDEO 5.3. The Five Pillars of Muslim Praxis (Ihsan).
VIDEO 5.4. The Mission of Islam to the World

STUDY WEEK 4
VIDEO 6. Adam and Eve
VIDEO 7. Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac

STUDY WEEK 5
VIDEO 8.1. The Qur'an and Jesus.
VIDEO 8.2. The Qur'an and Muhammad.
VIDEO 8.3. Is Muhammad the Seal of the Prophets?

STUDY WEEK 6
VIDEO 9.1. Understanding the Qur'an.
VIDEO 9.2. The Arabic Qur'an.

STUDY WEEK 7
VIDEO 10.1. Tanzil and Incarnation. Part 1.
VIDEO 10.2. Tanzil and Incarnation. Part 2.

STUDY WEEK 8
VIDEO 11.2 Migration of Muhammad from Mecca to Medina.
VIDEO 11.2. Jesus's Journey to the Cross.
VIDEO 11.3. The Significance of the Cross.

STUDY WEEK 9
VIDEO 12.1. The Muslim Ummah in Medina.
VIDEO 12.2. The Church in Jerusalem.
VIDEO 13. Tawhid and Trinity

STUDY WEEK 10
VIDEO 14. The Hajj and the Eucharist.
VIDEO 15.1. Shari'a is Muslim Law. Part 1.
VIDEO 15.2. Shari'a is Muslim Law. Part 2.

STUDY WEEK 11
VIDEO 16. The Shi'a or Shi'ite Muslims.
VIDEO 17. Sufi Mystics.
VIDEO 18. Folk and Secularist Islam

STUDY WEEK 12
VIDEO 19. Principles for Ministry Among Muslims
VIDEO 20. An Open Door (Revelation 3:7-12)

There's a lot of information there and the course will take you several weeks to complete. It took me a little over two months because of my work schedule. I always recommend this class to Christians who are looking into witnessing to Muslims. It covers a lot of topics and is a very good introductory course on Islam, it's teachings, and what Muslims believe.

If you take this course along with the one offered by the University of Maryland on Understanding the Terrorism Threat, it will clear up a lot of the misconceptions you have about Islam and Islamic extremism.

Note it is Isa and Mariam in the Quran. These are just names and do not represent the specific Jesus and Mary in the NT. This is why Islam is a false religion, i.e. a group of people who compiled the Quran for whatever he reason, plagiarized stories from the Bible and NT but they were full of errors in comparison.
If the Qur'an is a work of plagiarism, then wouldn't that make Jesus and Mary in the Bible the same Jesus and Mary in the Qur'an?

A Muslim is one who have recited the shahada as below, implying a covenant with Allah and a recognition of Allah and Muhammad as his/her savior.

There is no god but God. Muhammad is the messenger of God.
لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا ٱلله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ ٱلله
lā ʾilāha ʾillā llāh muḥammadun rasūlu llāh

The declaration of the above is the definitive qualification to be a Muslim.
The five pillars of Islam is the easiest to follow by all Muslim.
The six pillars are more difficult to comply to qualify as a Mushin.
A person reciting the shahada without first adhering to the six pillars of faith in Islam would be the same a person reciting the sinner's prayer without first having faith in Christ.

Both acts require faith for them to be valid.

Warner stated he used the 'story' approach which comprised of a set of verses where certain verses may not contain the term disbelivers but is essential to the story.
This method is exactly why his research is garbage. When he quotes and entire story, well over half the verses he lists are irrelevant to what he is trying to prove.

You will note earlier [late 80s and 90s] we only heard of Al-Qaeda [founded in 1988]. At that time, the Muslims apologists like yourself and others would have insisted and claimed there were only say 5000 terrorists out of the 1.5 billion Muslims, so there is no need to be alarmed.
When have I ever said we shouldn't be alarmed about Islamic terrorism? Islamic terrorism is a serious threat just like terrorism from many other ideologies and sources.

There were actually several Islamic groups besides al-Qaeda in existence in the 80's and 90's. I'm sure you will recognize some of them.

The Taliban
Hezbollah
Abu Sayyaf Group
Egyptian Islamic Jihad
Haqqani Network
Harakat-ul-Mujahedeen
Harkat-ul-Jihadi al-Islami
Jemaah Islamiyah
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi
Lashkar-e-Taiba
Moroccan Islamic Combatant Group
Second Soran Unit
Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb
Groupe Islamique Armé
Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
Chechen Republic of Ichkeria
Riyadus-Salikhin Reconnaissance and Sabotage Brigade
Special Purpose Islamic Regiment
Al Rashid Trust
Balochistan Liberation Front
Haqqani Network
Harakat-ul-Mujahedeen
Islami-Jamiat-Taliba
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi
Lashkar-e-Taiba
Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan
Tehreek Nifaz-e-Shariat Mohammadi
Moro Islamic Liberation Front
Moro National Liberation Front
Ahlu Sunna Wal Jama
Al Ittihad Al Islamiya

The number you have inferred are based on those who openly declared they are extremists.
Even if you double the number I gave to make up for all the unknown violent extremists, it would still represent less than 1/10th of 1% of the Muslim population. The whole point of this is to show that it's not possible for Islam to be interpreted the way you do, because if it were, the number of Muslims participating in violent jihad would be much higher than it is. Even if there are 10 million violent Islamic extremists in the world, it still wouldn't make up 1% of the Muslim population. If Islam taught Muslims to be hostile towards non-Muslims and to participate in violent jihad to be guaranteed salvation, there would be tens of millions of Muslims killing in the name of their religion all over the globe. That's not happening, so common sense should tell you that this is not what Islam teaches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,151.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Note I did not get my information from what you called "anti-Islamic propagandists" no! they are objective critiques of Islamic-driven evil and violence. I did my own inference of the 20% or 320 million of evil prone Muslims from my own research which is very rational. Prove my inference is wrong in this case.
I also did my own research into the 3400++ of evil and violent elements directed derogatorily at the disbelievers.
Most people recognize sites and people like Religionofpeace, the Clarion Project, WikiIslam, David Wood, Bill Warner as anti-Islamic and the material they produce anti-Islamic propaganda. They try to equate Islamic extremists and extremism to Islam. This is also the same mistake you are making.

Islam bashing’ nowadays normally takes the form of conflating Islam, one of the world’s most historically important and influential religions, with Islamism [Extremism]... or, to be more precise, ‘Islam bashers’ tend to attribute all of the regressive, bellicose and other undeniably negative characteristics associated with Islamism and its jihadist components to Islam in general. The allegation is, explicitly or implicitly, that such characteristics are intrinsic to Islam itself, and therefore that Islamism and jihadism are simply logical extensions – or simple applications in practice – of the authentic tenets and core values of Islam. Although it is certainly true that Islamism and its jihadist variants do indeed derive from specific interpretations of Islam, some of which are quite orthodox and hence arguably legitimate whereas others are instead highly idiosyncratic, what the ‘Islam bashers’ fail to acknowledge is that these particular interpretations are by no means the only possible interpretations of core Islamic doctrines, traditions and values, much less the most authentic, valid or widely shared interpretations.

For good examples of the conflation of Islam in general with Islamism, see the article that appeared on the ‘Stop Islamization of America’ (SIOA) website (and was subsequently reprinted on Bill Warner’s ‘Political Islam’ website), wherein D. L. Adams, in the course of describing a demonstration held in Copenhagen by a Danish sister organisation called Stop Islamisation of Denmark (SIAD), insisted that ‘Islam is a political ideology’, thereby collapsing the crucial distinction between Islam the religion and Islamism the modern political ideology; this article is available at http://sioanetwork.com/?p=101 . See also the film Fitna, which was produced at the behest of Geert Wilders, a right-wing Dutch politician who considers Muslim immigration to be a threat to Holland and other Western societies. In that film, various citations from the Qur’an and the ahadith (i.e. written collections of oral reports, canonical and otherwise, about what Muhammad allegedly said and did) are juxtaposed with statements by jihadist leaders and spokesmen, in order to suggest that the latter are not only following authentic Islamic injunctions but faithfully
applying Islamic tenets by carrying out their violent actions. Ironically, although the jihadists themselves would make the very same claim in other contexts, they have bitterly attacked the film in their propaganda broadsides as an example of ‘Islamophobia’. The film can be accessed at http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/2/Fitna-Documentary-about-Islam-660675.html.

For examples of this ‘Islam bashing’ tendency, see Serge Trifkovic, The Sword of the Prophet: Islam – History, Theology, and Impact on the World (Boston, MA: Regina Orthodox Press, 2007); Gregory M. Davis, Religion of Peace? Islam’s War against the World (Los Angeles, CA: World Ahead, 2006); several pamphlets by Bill Warner and his colleagues, including Center for the Study of Political Islam (CSPI), The Political Traditions of Mohammed: The Hadith for the Unbelievers (Nashville, TN: CSPI, 2006), and Mohammed and the Unbelievers: A Political Life (Nashville, TN: CSPI, 2006); a number of books by Mark A. Gabriel (a Muslim convert to Christianity), including Culture Clash: Islam’s War on the West (Lake Mary, FL: FrontLine, 2007); and several works by Robert Spencer, including Islam Unveiled: Disturbing Questions about the World’s Fastest-Growing Religion (New York: Encounter, 2003), and The Truth about Muhammad: Founder of the World’s Most Intolerant Religion (Chicago, IL: Regnery, 2007). The thrust of these books, most of which were written by ‘concerned’ conservative Christians with a theological as well as a political axe to grind, is that Islam per se is the problem, not merely Islamism... they are clearly not disinterested or neutral observers.

Upvote 0

Joyousperson

Site Supporter
May 1, 2019
Beijing
✟48,243.00
Country
China
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
Most people recognize sites and people like Religionofpeace, the Clarion Project, WikiIslam, David Wood, Bill Warner as anti-Islamic and the material they produce anti-Islamic propaganda. They try to equate Islamic extremists and extremism to Islam. This is also the same mistake you are making.

Islam bashing’ nowadays normally takes the form of conflating Islam, one of the world’s most historically important and influential religions, with Islamism [Extremism]... or, to be more precise, ‘Islam bashers’ tend to attribute all of the regressive, bellicose and other undeniably negative characteristics associated with Islamism and its jihadist components to Islam in general. The allegation is, explicitly or implicitly, that such characteristics are intrinsic to Islam itself, and therefore that Islamism and jihadism are simply logical extensions – or simple applications in practice – of the authentic tenets and core values of Islam. Although it is certainly true that Islamism and its jihadist variants do indeed derive from specific interpretations of Islam, some of which are quite orthodox and hence arguably legitimate whereas others are instead highly idiosyncratic, what the ‘Islam bashers’ fail to acknowledge is that these particular interpretations are by no means the only possible interpretations of core Islamic doctrines, traditions and values, much less the most authentic, valid or widely shared interpretations.

For good examples of the conflation of Islam in general with Islamism, see the article that appeared on the ‘Stop Islamization of America’ (SIOA) website (and was subsequently reprinted on Bill Warner’s ‘Political Islam’ website), wherein D. L. Adams, in the course of describing a demonstration held in Copenhagen by a Danish sister organisation called Stop Islamisation of Denmark (SIAD), insisted that ‘Islam is a political ideology’, thereby collapsing the crucial distinction between Islam the religion and Islamism the modern political ideology; this article is available at http://sioanetwork.com/?p=101 . See also the film Fitna, which was produced at the behest of Geert Wilders, a right-wing Dutch politician who considers Muslim immigration to be a threat to Holland and other Western societies. In that film, various citations from the Qur’an and the ahadith (i.e. written collections of oral reports, canonical and otherwise, about what Muhammad allegedly said and did) are juxtaposed with statements by jihadist leaders and spokesmen, in order to suggest that the latter are not only following authentic Islamic injunctions but faithfully
applying Islamic tenets by carrying out their violent actions. Ironically, although the jihadists themselves would make the very same claim in other contexts, they have bitterly attacked the film in their propaganda broadsides as an example of ‘Islamophobia’. The film can be accessed at http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/2/Fitna-Documentary-about-Islam-660675.html.

For examples of this ‘Islam bashing’ tendency, see Serge Trifkovic, The Sword of the Prophet: Islam – History, Theology, and Impact on the World (Boston, MA: Regina Orthodox Press, 2007); Gregory M. Davis, Religion of Peace? Islam’s War against the World (Los Angeles, CA: World Ahead, 2006); several pamphlets by Bill Warner and his colleagues, including Center for the Study of Political Islam (CSPI), The Political Traditions of Mohammed: The Hadith for the Unbelievers (Nashville, TN: CSPI, 2006), and Mohammed and the Unbelievers: A Political Life (Nashville, TN: CSPI, 2006); a number of books by Mark A. Gabriel (a Muslim convert to Christianity), including Culture Clash: Islam’s War on the West (Lake Mary, FL: FrontLine, 2007); and several works by Robert Spencer, including Islam Unveiled: Disturbing Questions about the World’s Fastest-Growing Religion (New York: Encounter, 2003), and The Truth about Muhammad: Founder of the World’s Most Intolerant Religion (Chicago, IL: Regnery, 2007). The thrust of these books, most of which were written by ‘concerned’ conservative Christians with a theological as well as a political axe to grind, is that Islam per se is the problem, not merely Islamism... they are clearly not disinterested or neutral observers.
The above termed 'Islam Bashers' is merely a cheap thrill and toothless.

Note I just opened a thread based on an article from
Jeffrey Bale the author of the above article.
I.S.I.S has Nothing to Do With Islam?

Jeffrey Bale [specialty is terrorism-in-general] recognized there is something evil and violent from Islam which Islamism is focusing on but took the stance there is a difference between General Islam and Islamism.
On this point Jeffrey Bale is wrong.

Note many have argued there is only one Islam, no General Islam and Islamism.

These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it.
Jeffrey Bale is ignorant of the proper definition of 'Who is a Muslim' as in the Quran and the imperative covenant and obligation to comply fully with the covenanted terms within the Quran and the supporting books.
I have already argued on this point extensively.

It is obvious Jeffrey Bale [who studied Islam] did not do any extensive analysis of the Quranic verses to note the >3400 verses containing evil and violent elements.

Jeffrey Bale is not aware of the STALEMATE dilemma I proposed.

Thus I am confident Jeffrey Bale's view on Islam and Terrorism is very limited.

I am not too concern with the term 'Islam Bashers' as long as they are being objective in arriving in their views and on this objective basis, they are critiques of the ideology of Islam because every ideology must be opened to criticism.

I would not agree if they bash Muslims, but those so called 'Islam Bashers' do not bash Muslims.
Note my thread,
Islam - Do Not Bash Muslims

Upvote 0

Joyousperson

Site Supporter
May 1, 2019
Beijing
✟48,243.00
Country
China
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married
People pointing out that there are fewer than 200,000 terrorists in the world actually leads you to this conclusion?
It is the defensive position that one takes in not recognizing the reality of the evil and violent ethos inherent in Islam and the potential from the pool of 320* million evil prone Muslims that reflect the cowardice in the person.
* even if this figure is 100 million down to 50 million which is still a very frightening potential.

How can you fairly criticize a course you have not taken? While the course is introductory, the material is well sourced and comes from a wide variety of outlets. The two primary lecturers are leaders in their field. Here are their bios:

William Braniff is the Director of the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) and a Professor of the Practice at the University of Maryland. He previously served as the Director of Practitioner Education and an Instructor at West Point’s Combating Terrorism Center (CTC). There he led the practitioner education program, the nation’s largest provider of counterterrorism education to federal, state and local governmental audiences.

Braniff is a graduate of the United States Military Academy where he received his bachelor’s degree. Following his Company Command as an Armor Officer in the U.S. Army, Braniff attended the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) where he received a master’s degree in international relations. Upon graduation, Bill worked in the nuclear counterterrorism field at the Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration, and as a research associate with the CTC Harmony Project at West Point.

Braniff lectures frequently for counterterrorism audiences in partnership with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Joint Special Operations University, National Defense University, the United States Attorneys’ Office, the Foreign Service Institute, the Diplomatic Security Service, Defense Intelligence Agency and Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Braniff has also taken a keen interest in the field of Countering Violent Extremism (CVE). He has consulted with the Department of Justice, the FBI and the National Security Staff, playing a key role in an interagency working group dedicated to the topic. In June of 2013, Bill testified before Congress regarding American attitudes towards terrorism and counterterrorism, and in February of 2014 and again in February 2015 he testified before the House Armed Services Committee on the evolving nature of global jihadism. Also in February of 2015, Bill was asked to speak at the White House CVE Summit, to the United Nations Counterterrorism Executive Directorate, and to the Global Counterterrorism Forum Foreign Terrorist Fighter Working group.

Gary LaFree is Director of the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) at the University of Maryland, as well as professor in the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice. He received his PhD in Sociology from Indiana University in 1979. Dr. LaFree is a Fellow of the American Society of Criminology (ASC) and served as President of the ASC in 2005 to 2006. He has also served on the Executive Committee of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) Crime, Law and Justice Committee and NAS’s Division of Behavioral and Economic Sciences and Education. He has also served as the President of the ASC's Division on International Criminology (1991-1993), the Chair of the American Sociological Association's Section on Crime, Law and Deviance (1991-1993) and a member of the Executive Committee of the Justice Research Statistics Association (2000-2001; 1993-1994). He was named a Distinguished Scholar Teacher at the University of Maryland in 2012. Much of Dr. LaFree's research is related to understanding criminal violence and he is the senior member of the team that created and now maintains the Global Terrorism Database, a major project being supported by START.

This course would dispel many of the misconceptions you have about Terrorism, violent extremism, and Islamic extremism. You should give it a try.
I was mistaken. I will look into the above. However, I am not sure what are their final views.
Note I have been reading Jeffrey Bale's articles and snippets of his book from Google Books.

I have mentioned above, Jeffrey Bale recognized the evil and violent elements in the Quran and Ahadith but differentiated Islamism from General Islam. I have given my reasons why I disagree with Bales on this and he is ignorant of many critical factors to the Islamic-driven terrorism equation.

Keep in mind that "guess" was based on factual information and was highly inflated. Since you dispute my numbers and the numbers of several others who have also came to the same conclusion. Since you dispute these findings, can you provide a legitimate source that gives a higher number than 200,000?
It is easy to estimate the probably numbers of Islamic terrorists from those who declared themselves to be terrorists.
However it would be difficult to know how many of those who have not declared themselves or are a ready potential to be a terrorists.
As such it would be difficult to establish the exact numbers.

The best estimate is to take those known numbers as 10% and gross it up to the estimated total. Thus if you say 200,000, then 2 million is most likely.
The other is to note the potential of 20% of ALL human are naturally born with an active evil prone, thus 20% of Muslims.

So your desire is to rid the world of psychopaths and Islam?
It is not my desire at present due to its impracticability.
Note the inherent STALEMATE dilemma we are faced with Islam.
However the theorectical and ideal solution in this case would be to get rid of psychopaths and Islam, then the final results would be no one will be motivated by Islam to commit evil and violence.
The point is once we recognized the above facts and problem, then only can we have a starting position and inroads to understand the problem clearly and find optimal solutions to the problem.
Btw, one of my forte is Problem Solving Techniques.

While those people in the studies claim to be Muslims, thus their connection to Islam, the conclusions of the studies are the exact opposite of what you are saying. I'm going to stick with the experts.
You will note the so-called experts are ignorant of the critical factors I raised, i.e.
  • the covenant and the covenanted terms,
  • the existential crisis,
  • the 20% of All humans naturally born with an active evil tendencies,
  • an extensive analysis of the Quranic verses and
  • many others I have not raised here yet.
How can their findings be holistically consclusive if their research are shallow and narrow-minded.

Here: Islam - Sri Lankan Massacre Revenge You addressed only a few of the examples I gave, which I have already countered, and said you would not bother with the rest.

I will be looking forward to what you have to say about the remaining Islamic texts I provided in that post.
I will have a look again.
But the general principle is, these verses cannot override the central ethos and essence of Islam which is very anti-Non_Muslims.

What does Bilal Phillips have to do with the course I recommended you take?
Mistaken.

I recommended a course offered by TVSeminary called the Gospel and Islam.
Waste my time especially when I have spent so much time myself on researching Islam. The most is I will argue against their main views which is generally those of the apologists where Jeffrey Bale has criticized.

If you take this course along with the one offered by the University of Maryland on Understanding the Terrorism Threat, it will clear up a lot of the misconceptions you have about Islam and Islamic extremism.
I will look into the University of Maryland course.

If the Qur'an is a work of plagiarism, then wouldn't that make Jesus and Mary in the Bible the same Jesus and Mary in the Qur'an?
I meant plagiarized, stole or borrowed the concepts and stories from the Bible but not in a word for word copying.

A person reciting the shahada without first adhering to the six pillars of faith in Islam would be the same a person reciting the sinner's prayer without first having faith in Christ.
Both acts require faith for them to be valid.
Point is how can the six pillars of Iman be a contractual obligation to a person, if that person has not become a Muslim first by reciting the shahada, chicken or egg??

It is true the person must have faith in Allah, but that is only a general and pre-existing faith which is only one of the six pillars of Islam.
When a Muslim get serious to be a Mushin, s/he has to comply with the six pillars in more detailed and fervor in accordance to the related verses as covenanted.
Faith in Allah within the shahada is general [pre-existing before one become a Muslim], but to be a Mushin one has to increase one's zeal and establish greater faith via a proper understanding of Islam, i.e. comply with more contents of the Quran which in this case include the 3400++ evil and violent laden verses.

This method is exactly why his research is garbage. When he quotes and entire story, well over half the verses he lists are irrelevant to what he is trying to prove.
It is not garbage because he qualified his views and objective as verses devoted to the Kafir or disbelievers.
I believe it is only 10% verses that do not specifically has the term 'disbelievers'.
My analysis of 55% or 3400++ is straightforward because one can empirically identify the term within the verse.
However I believe Warner's approach is more accurate because the Quran is presented in such a way that the story or idea is deliberately split into verses to facilitate easy referencing.

For example, there is the story or narration of the attacks and extermination of the Jews in the Battle Banu Qurayza, Invasion of Banu Qurayza - Wikipedia
In this case it would be appropriate to include all the verses exclusively related to the above narration, thus including verses that do not mention the Jews.

When have I ever said we shouldn't be alarmed about Islamic terrorism? Islamic terrorism is a serious threat just like terrorism from many other ideologies and sources.
It is from the manner you approach it in toning down its seriousness to 0.01% of all Muslims but ignoring the more relevant factors I had argued.

There were actually several Islamic groups besides al-Qaeda in existence in the 80's and 90's. I'm sure you will recognize some of them.

The Taliban
Hezbollah
Abu Sayyaf Group
Egyptian Islamic Jihad
Haqqani Network
Harakat-ul-Mujahedeen
Jemaah Islamiyah
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi
Lashkar-e-Taiba
Moroccan Islamic Combatant Group
Second Soran Unit
Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb
Groupe Islamique Armé
Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
Chechen Republic of Ichkeria
Riyadus-Salikhin Reconnaissance and Sabotage Brigade
Special Purpose Islamic Regiment
Al Rashid Trust
Balochistan Liberation Front
Haqqani Network
Harakat-ul-Mujahedeen
Islami-Jamiat-Taliba
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi
Lashkar-e-Taiba
Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan
Tehreek Nifaz-e-Shariat Mohammadi
Moro Islamic Liberation Front
Moro National Liberation Front
Ahlu Sunna Wal Jama
Al Ittihad Al Islamiya

Note I mentioned late 80s and early 90s where the above are not in the news. The regular ones were Al-Qaeda as terrorists and Talibans which are more of political opponents against the Russians [later identified as terrorists]. Even if I missed out any, it would only a few in contrast the many that mushroomed out of nowhere* in the late 90s, 2000s till the present.
* from the pool of 20% of Muslims who were naturally born with an active evil tendencies.

Even if you double the number I gave to make up for all the unknown violent extremists, it would still represent less than 1/10th of 1% of the Muslim population. The whole point of this is to show that it's not possible for Islam to be interpreted the way you do, because if it were, the number of Muslims participating in violent jihad would be much higher than it is. Even if there are 10 million violent Islamic extremists in the world, it still wouldn't make up 1% of the Muslim population. If Islam taught Muslims to be hostile towards non-Muslims and to participate in violent jihad to be guaranteed salvation, there would be tens of millions of Muslims killing in the name of their religion all over the globe. That's not happening, so common sense should tell you that this is not what Islam teaches.
I will always start with the universal principle, i.e. conservatively 20% of ALL humans are naturally born with an active evil tendency.
That is a pool of 320 million evil prone Muslim.
This is one potential number you cannot deny.

Putting that aside as the most likely pool of potential, it is more realistic to take what are the known terrorists as 10% and grossing it up to 100% to determine the likely total within the pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims.

Btw, don't ignore the critical point, we should not limit to Islamic-driven terrorism but to note the whole gamut and range of evil and violent acts committed by SOME within the pool of 320 million evil and violent prone Muslims.

Note, as proven objectively, there is an inherent ethos and essence of evil and violence within the ideology of Islam.
There is a pool of 320 million evil prone Muslims.
Why the majority of these Muslims do comply with the evil laden verses is most are ignorant of these evil laden verses.
In addition they are inhibited by the higher natural moral compass of the majority of Muslims and non-Muslims. These are the governments who are more sensitive to the threats of Islam plus the so-called "Anti-Islam Bashers" who had provided critiques and alarms that are objective.

Btw, the % is useful reference but not the critical factor in this case. What is most critical is the total and number of evil prone Muslims involved actually and potentially.
1% is already 16 million psychopathic and evil prone Muslims. A total of 1 million is still a very serious figure to be scared of.
But note the reality is, there is a pool of 320 million potentially evil prone Muslims hanging by the skin of their teeth and striving for salvation from Allah. In such a state, even Abraham was willing to kill his son for God, thus the call by Allah to kill non-Muslims is relatively a small issue to gain salvation.

Note what happened when the true Islam is practiced as in IS where there are no moral hindrance from outside to their practice.

Thus the fact that most Muslims do not go on an evil and violent spree, is not a proof that Islam do not teach and condone evil and violent acts.
You have committed the ad populum fallacy.
Btw, do you have any respect for critical thinking and rules of logic??

The reality of Islam as a whole is what Islam teaches and that a Muslim is covenanted to comply with, is objectively represented in the Quran and Ahadith. This real teaching of Islam can be objectively verified from the analysis of the ethos and details of all the verses delivered by Allah as the perfected Islam [5:3]. However you are denying all these by merely hand waving them off without any proper objective analysis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joyousperson

Site Supporter
May 1, 2019
Beijing
✟48,243.00
Country
China
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Married

i have challenged you, you will not be able to find one verse from the Quran that is directly favorable and positive towards the disbelievers that is unconditional or unabrogated.

Here are the counters to your cherry-picked verses and most are out of context in relation to the whole Quran which is in essence anti-Non-Muslim in the worst manner.
Note whatever in [..] in the quoted verses are my notes.

This is abrogated by the later Medinian verses 9:5, 9:29 and others.

And those who patiently seek the presence of their Lord, and pray regularly, and spend from Our provisions to them, secretly and openly, and repel evil with good. These will have the Ultimate Home.
(Qur'an 13:22)
Read 13:19 first, the above "those" refer to [13:19 But only men of understanding [l-albābi]].

Repel evil by what is better. We are aware of what they [infidels] describe. And say, “My Lord, I seek refuge with You from the urgings of the devils. And I seek refuge with You, my Lord, lest they become present.”
(Qur'an 23:96-98)
You have to read 23:95 first,
23: 95. And verily We are Able to show thee [Muhammad] that [doom, Hell] which We have promised them [the infidels].​

There is nothing positive directed at the non-Muslims.

He told Jesus, “I will save you from your enemies, raise you to Myself, keep you clean from the association with the disbelievers, and give superiority to your followers over the unbelievers until the Day of Judgment. On that day you will all return to Me and I shall resolve your dispute.”
(Qur'an 3:55)
There is only negative against the disbelievers, nothing positive here.

Because of that We ordained for the Children of Israel: that whoever kills a person—unless it is for murder or corruption [fasidan] on earth—it is as if he killed the whole of mankind; and whoever saves it, it is as if he saved the whole of mankind.
(Qur'an 5:32)
This is the worst verse to defend Islam as considerate.

Muslims can kill non-Muslims if they commit corruption [fasidan] which is vaguely defined, i.e. even cartoons are deemed as a threat, and not the very next verse;

5:33. The only reward [punishment] of those [infidels]
2. strive after corruption [mischiefs, wronged] in the land
kill be that they [infidels]
Such will be their [infidels] degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs [infidels] will be an awful doom;​

It is by of grace from God that you were gentle with them [Non-Muslims]. Had you been harsh, hardhearted, they would have dispersed from around you. So pardon them, and ask forgiveness for them, and consult them in the conduct of affairs. And when you make a decision, put your trust in God;
(Qur'an 3:159)

Note Pickthall and the reference was to "Muslims who were hypocrites" and not to non-Muslims;

3:159. It was by the mercy of Allah that thou [Muhammad] wast lenient with them [the hypocrites who doubted] (O Muhammad), for if thou hadst been stern and fierce of heart they [hypocrites Muslims] would have dispersed from round about thee.
So pardon them [the hypocrite Muslims] and ask forgiveness for them and consult with them upon the conduct of affairs [strategies of war].
And when thou art resolved [with the hypocrite Muslims], then put thy trust in Allah. Lo! Allah loveth those who put their trust (in Him).
[At this point Muhammad do not have the numbers in his army to kill them]​

The reference was to the Muslims who were hypocrites and not to non-Muslims.
In later chapters chronological, Muslims who are hypocrites are condemned heavily and killed.

Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away.
(Surah al-Nisa 4:36)
You are selective here. 4:36 is only applicable to Muslims. Note the condemnation of non-believers in 4:37

4:36. And serve Allah.
i. Ascribe no thing as partner unto Him.
ii. (Show) kindness [arabic = good]
1. unto parents, and
2. unto near kindred, and
3. orphans, and
4. the needy, and
5. into the neighbour who is of kin (unto you) and
6. the neighbour who is not of kin* and
7. the fellow traveller and
8. the wayfarer and
9. (the slaves) whom your right hands possess.
Lo! Allah loveth not such as are proud and boastful, ...​

continued in 4:37

4:37. … who hoard their wealth and enjoin avarice on others, and hide that [assets] which Allah hath bestowed upon them of His bounty.
For disbelievers [infidels] We prepare a shameful doom;​

The last sentence of condemnation is reserved for disbelievers, which meant the previous contents were only for Muslims of various characters.

Kind to neighbors?? Note in a later chapters, Muslims are encouraged not befriend even their fathers, son, bethren or clan if they are disbelievers, infidel, kafir. What kind of religion is this??

58:22. Thou wilt not find folk [Muslims] who believe in Allah and the Last Day loving those [infidels] who oppose Allah and His messenger:
even though they [infidels] be their fathers or, their sons or their brethren or their clan.
As for such [contempt], He [Allah] hath written faith upon their [Muslims] hearts
and hath strengthened them [Muslims] with a Spirit [ethos] from Him,
and He will bring them [Muslims] into Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they [Muslims] will abide.
Allah is well pleased with them [Muslims], and they [Muslims] are well pleased with Him.
They [Muslims] are Allah's party. Lo! is it not Allah's party [the Muslims] who are the successful?​

Some other examples:

I would recommend you do not use the Ahadith to try to defend Islam because the condemnation of non-Muslims in the Ahadiths is 1000 times more horrific than those in the Quran, and they abrogated whatever positive there is for the infidels.

This letter was written in the earlier days of his mission where he was milder in order to win over the Christians. It is the same with some of the Mecca chapters where Muhammad was gentler in his approach but turned into a violent later.

I don't think this letter is credible given the claim that Muhammad was illiterate. thus anyone could have written the letter and claim its dictated by Muhammad.

It would appear you copied the above from some apologist sources without reference and understanding the context surrounding and within the whole context of the whole Quran.
It is shameful you want to recommend your Lecturers on Islam to me.

Note so far, you have produced less than a handful of verses in contrast to the 3400++ derogatory verses against the non-Muslims.

I have challenged you, you will not be able to find one verse from the Quran that is directly favorable and positive towards the disbelievers that is unconditional or unabrogated.
If there is really one, it will have no positive effect at all while buried under the avalanche of the 3400++ evil and violent laden verses of various degrees.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,151.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Note I just opened a thread based on an article from Jeffrey Bale the author of the above article.
I.S.I.S has Nothing to Do With Islam?
Let's look at how you describe Dr. Jeffrey Bale in that thread:
Dr. Jeffrey M. Bale is an Associate Professor in the Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies Program at the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS), where his focus is on the study of political and religious extremism and terrorism. He obtained his B.A. in Middle Eastern and Islamic history at the University of Michigan, and his Ph.D. in modern European history at the University of California at Berkeley.
This is a very interesting and insightful article from J Bale which is worth reading to access the truth.

In this thread you are discounting his expertise.

Jeffrey Bale [specialty is terrorism-in-general] recognized there is something evil and violent from Islam which Islamism is focusing on but took the stance there is a difference between General Islam and Islamism. On this point Jeffrey Bale is wrong.Note many have argued there is only one Islam, no General Islam and Islamism. Jeffrey Bale is ignorant of the proper definition of 'Who is a Muslim' as in the Quran and the imperative covenant and obligation to comply fully with the covenanted terms within the Quran and the supporting books.
Jeffrey Bale is not aware of the STALEMATE dilemma I proposed. Thus I am confident Jeffrey Bale's view on Islam and Terrorism is very limited.
Jeffrey Bale recognized the evil and violent elements in the Quran and Ahadith but differentiated Islamism from General Islam. I have given my reasons why I disagree with Bales on this and he is ignorant of many critical factors to the Islamic-driven terrorism equation.
Here is a more in depth bio on Dr. Bale found on the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism's website.

Biography:
Jeff is the Director of the Monterey Terrorism Research and Education Program (MonTREP) and Associate Professor in the Graduate School of International Policy Studies at the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS). He obtained his B.A. in Middle Eastern, Islamic, and Central Asian history at the University of Michigan, his M.A. in social movements and political sociology at the University of California at Berkeley, and his Ph.D. in contemporary European history at Berkeley. He has taught at Berkeley, Columbia University, and the University of California at Irvine, and was the recipient of postdoctoral fellowships from the Society of Fellows in the Humanities at Columbia, the Office of Scholarly Programs at the Library of Congress, and the Center for German and European Studies at Berkeley. Dr. Bale has been studying extremist and terrorist groups for many years, has done archival research and interviewed extremists in several countries, and has published numerous articles on terrorism, right-wing extremism, Islamism, and covert operations. He is in the process of updating two book manuscripts on neo-fascist terrorist networks in Cold War Europe, editing a special issue of the journal Totalitarian Movements and Political Religions on Islamism, and gathering primary and secondary source materials for three new monographs, one on Islamist networks operating in Europe and North America, another on the growing reported links between dissident left- and right-wing radicals in the West and Islamist terrorists, and still another on "conspiracy theories" concerning major recent acts of terrorism (from the 1993 World Trade Center bombing to the 7/7 bombings in London). In addition to his teaching and research duties at MIIS, he also teaches courses on an adjunct basis at the Naval Postgraduate School and regularly consults for the U.S. government on matters related to political and religious extremism.

How can you honestly say that Dr. Bale's view on Islam and terrorism is very limited and he is ignorant of many critical factors to the Islamic-driven terrorism equation based on the credentials above?

I have come to the conclusion that it will not matter to you what I or anyone else says on this subject, because in your eyes everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant.

Upvote 0