Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I guess you haven't paid attention Muslims have been doing this for years. Don't you remember the stories about Muslims rioting about a cartoon of Mohammed? Many of the riots took place many miles away in a different countries than where cartoons were published. It should not be surprising, Islam is a religion of war, and this kind of thing is useful for motivating the subjugation of the infidels.

Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy - Wikipedia

Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Your going to have to do better than show me a TYT video. Are you actually denying that Jihad is part of your Islamic Faith? And by the way, quoting from the Pentateuch is not going to work either. There is no moral equivalency on this issue, for there to be a moral equivalency we would need Jesus and saint Paul to advocate for war and subjugation in a similar manner that Mohammed does in the Koran and the Hadith.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets try to remember THIS, THEY are the one reason Christ came. He LOVES THEM! You know LOVE your enemy? That's the SAME LOVE Christ loves you. Whats sad is we talk about what he NEWS shows.. this happens ALL the time.. hundreds of times every year. Just does not get in the news.

Why do you believe what you believe? Now picture what you believe all around you believe taught the same thing. Its ALL you know. Were told about RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA lol remember? Or China .. or North Korea.. on and on. Ever go there talk to them. Be nice if we could talk to those leaders. But you take what you SEE AND HEAR as TRUTH! Yes is awful evil...but they were told raised that WE are the evil...just a lie.

Here you have people talking "%" as if someone went to every Muslim and asked "hate all none Muslims or love". well to quote 99% is foolish. See its kinda like having two rooms. One is all light one is all darkness. Pick one. You can hang out in the dark room and stand in different groups..but the room is still all dark.

It was a lie Satan told.. Christ knows we are born into sin into something we didn't ask for. Never given a choice. Satan was with GOD in all His glory.. and made a choice. We only know sin. We look and hear about all this EVIL that some of us cry so much about...but out sin is not better nicer (nicer?). Our sin is not any better..its sin and GOD hates it as much as what was done in those Churches. No sin enters heaven. You can measure it all we want but.. to GOD it means (what we think) nothing. Its SIN be it murder abortion lying cheating stealing on and on. They were lied to.. show them the light that is IN YOU!

True story.. a Muslim man.. his story.. said Jesus shows up.. and asks.. your killing my people/children... what got me was how JESUS talked. Didn't judge him condemn him.. yet the man murdered people. The man LOVES Jesus now. Do you see? See Jesus said He had to go so the Holy Spirit will come. That the Holy Spirit will convict the world of sin. Notice that word? SIN not SINS.

its SIN that the world does not believe in Jesus. Do you see? The way in is not how good or bad you are. Side note (lets not get silly about grace or free to sin woot!) Its do you know follow Christ obey His words. He is the only door. I do believe some in this world are blind..never heard the truth. Christ did say if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remains.

Now there are those that are evil.. they love it. They hurt our brothers and sisters. Do NOT forget just WHO YOUR FATHER IS! They did not repent will not and NOTHING escapes Him.. NOTHING! So worry not... your FATHER IS GOD! He will repay..

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟226,590.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here you have people talking "%" as if someone went to every Muslim and asked "hate all none Muslims or love". well to quote 99% is foolish.
I just wanted to clarify that this isn't what was stated when the 99% figure was mentioned.

Here's what was said:
If this is true, then how do you explain why better than 99.99% of the more than 1.6 billion Muslims in the world aren't engaging in violent jihad? It seems if this is what Islam taught, you would see at least 1% of the followers of this religion doing so.
This is a factual statement.

If you add up all the members of ISIS, al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Hamas, Jemaah Islamiya, and even the lesser known groups like Gama’a al-Islamiyya and Jaysh Rijal Al-Tariq Al-Naqshabandi from the US Department of State Country Reports on Terrorism 2017; there are less than 200,000 Islamic terrorists in the world. Even if you double that number to 400,000 just to be sure every single terrorist is counted like lone wolves, etc., it still doesn't add up to 1% of the Muslim population. And if you really want to make sure you got them all and say there's 4,000,000 Islamic terrorists in the world, which would be ridiculous, guess what, It still doesn't add up to 1% of the Muslim population.

So based on the facts above, when someone says that Islam teaches that the quickest pathway to salvation comes from martyrdom, aka being killed in Jihad, or that Islam teaches violence. How is that possible if more than 99% of the more than 1.6 billion Muslims in the world aren't engaging in violent jihad? If Islam really taught things like that, common sense should tell us that if less than 1% of the followers of that religion are engaging in violence, then this must not be what Islam teaches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This is the problem on both sides. As all Muslims are tarred and feathered without considering that there are different Muslim factions - some Jihadist, others moderate; so all those who are labelled "Christian" can suffer the same, while there are many different types of Christians, from the extremist, Catholic, Protestant, Charismatic, and not all these are the same or have the same objectives.

Most ordinary Christian people would never accept the Klu Klux Klan as real Christians, even though they have the "christian" badge. All they are is a white supremist group hanging their hats on the "Christian" peg. The same could very well be said about Jihardist Muslims.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have a question. I have just heard that there is a claim that the massacre in Sri Lanka was revenge for the massacre in Christchurch NZ.

What I don't understand is why the revenge was done against Christian churches and members, when the killer of Muslims in Christchurch was an atheist white supremacist. In fact the Christians in Christchurch and around New Zealand stood in love, sympathy and support for the families of the victims.

Also, I don't understand why the revenge was carried out in Sri Lanka where there no white supremacists were present or targeted at all.

Why do I believe that the Jihadis used the Christchurch massacre of Muslims as an opportunity to kill a few more Christians? I could understand them blowing up a gathering of white supremacists in either England or Australia, but why Sri Lanka if it wasn't just to kill defenceless Christians in a country not even connected to white supremacism?

There is an Islamic proverb of sorts: "Disbelief is one nation" (الكفر ملة واحدة al-kafr milat wahida) So all Christians are in cahoots (against Muslims), and Buddhists, and Jews, and so on (all against Muslims). Combine that with the assumption that Western(er) = Christian (and vice-versa), which is common among more radical Muslims (e.g., ISIS and similar groups' propaganda about "conquering Rome" or whatever, as though we're in the Middle Ages and Europe is particularly Christian; even more progressive Muslims who try to make the point that societies can be more secular without threatening Islamic religious values, like Bahraini intellectual Dhiyaa al Musawi, make that connection in their arguments: "If you had been born in Rome, you would have been a Christian"...this is such a common idea), and you get things like Sri Lankans having to die for what a Western non-Christian did to Muslims in New Zealand.

This sort of thing is more common in the Middle East/North Africa (e.g., Christians in Iraq, Egypt, or wherever are targeted as a way of lashing out at 'Western powers' like America, France, or Russia). It should be deeply troubling to every thinking person to see it spreading elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Your going to have to do better than show me a TYT video. Are you actually denying that Jihad is part of your Islamic Faith? And by the way, quoting from the Pentateuch is not going to work either. There is no moral equivalency on this issue, for there to be a moral equivalency we would need Jesus and saint Paul to advocate for war and subjugation in a similar manner that Mohammed does in the Koran and the Hadith.
It's well documented that there is no other religion which has shed more blood than the Christian faith done in the name of jesus. I already said killing innocent people for any reason is a crime in eyes of God. So if you're gonna attack Islam and say it's a religion that teaches violence that you'd find its the other way around. If you Wana discuss that, I'd be happy to discuss here.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It's well documented that there is no other religion which has shed more blood than the Christian faith done in the name of jesus. I already said killing innocent people for any reason is a crime in eyes of God. So if you're gonna attack Islam and say it's a religion that teaches violence that you'd find its the other way around. If you Wana discuss that, I'd be happy to discuss here.
The truth is, and history supports it, that it was the Roman Catholic church that killed all the people through the centuries. They even killed other Christians who would not conform to the Church's authority. But the Roman Catholic church does not represent what Christianity really is. It has evolved way beyond what is recorded in the New Testament and what Jesus and the Apostles actually taught. So, you should replace "Christianity" in this context with "The Roman Catholic Church".

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
The truth is, and history supports it, that it was the Roman Catholic church that killed all the people through the centuries. They even killed other Christians who would not conform to the Church's authority. But the Roman Catholic church does not represent what Christianity really is. It has evolved way beyond what is recorded in the New Testament and what Jesus and the Apostles actually taught. So, you should replace "Christianity" in this context with "The Roman Catholic Church".
I'm sure uve heard of the crusades and the Spanish inquisition

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes. You will see that the Crusades and the Inquisition were set up by the successive popes of the Roman Catholic church whose "mission" was to eliminate as many Muslims, Jews, and Christian "heretic" as possible.

No Protestant church ever used a Crusade against Muslims or Jews, nor did they set up an Inquisition to torture and kill those who opposed the authority of the pope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Barney2.0

Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The video fails to realize that if my faith actuallysupposrts what I’m doing as a believer and encourages acts of violence then I believe in a violent faith. If I carry out violent acts in the name of my faith then I’m the problem. And yes, Islam does promote violence as a religious duty where Christianity doesn’t.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Crusades were meant to stop Islamic incursions and invasions into Christian land. And inquisition was an act of security by the Spanish State and no, it wasn’t just going left and right killing people as in modern myths.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Crusades were meant to stop Islamic incursions and invasions into Christian land. And inquisition was an act of security by the Spanish State and no, it wasn’t just going left and right killing people as in modern myths.
I understand what you are saying, and I won't debate it, because my response to the OP was that not everyone who has the "badge" of Christianity, like the Klu Klux Klan, are true Christians.

My wife was educated Catholic, and she, although not a practising Catholic, still sees it as "My religion", especially when she swears at a villian on a soap opera and I say, "St Pius wouldn't like that!" and she says, "Are you making fun of my religion??"

All the Christians whom I know, including Catholics, are peace-loving, non-violent people who are involved in just living out their faith the best they can.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟226,590.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The video fails to realize that if my faith actually supposrts what I’m doing as a believer and encourages acts of violence then I believe in a violent faith. If I carry out violent acts in the name of my faith then I’m the problem. And yes, Islam does promote violence as a religious duty where Christianity doesn’t.
How is that possible if more than 99% of the more than 1.6 billion Muslims in the world aren't engaging in violent jihad? If violence is the religious duty of Muslims, then why is it that nearly every Muslim on the planet lives in harmony with their neighbors? This would be impossible if Islam taught violence as a religious duty.

Let's put the crusades aside, what about the European conquistadors and explorers establishing new territories and "Christianizing" the native populations in North and South America, the Caribbean, Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific Islands. The United States and Manifest Destiny all of which resulted in mass atrocities such as rape, torture, slavery, mass murders, and the deaths of millions?

Christianity was spread by the sword in just about every corner of the globe. This is a historical fact that can't be denied. In fact, when we try to defend our bloody past by saying those responsible were not Christian or that they weren't following what Christianity teaches, it makes us look silly. If you say these explorers and crews that followed them into new lands didn't represent the teachings of Christ and are therefore not Christian, then you have to also apply this same method of judgment to Islamic terrorist groups since the vast majority of Muslims in the world do not adhere to or support the ideology of extremist.

The Bible teaches when we judge others our judgment must be in righteousness. It also teaches against hypocritical judgement.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How is that possible if more than 99% of the more than 1.6 billion Muslims in the world aren't engaging in violent jihad? If violence is the religious duty of Muslims, then why is it that nearly every Muslim on the planet lives in harmony with their neighbors? This would be impossible if Islam taught violence as a religious duty.
Correct. All the Muslims I have met here in Auckland are good people getting on with life and expressing their faith the way they see it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Barney2.0

Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Let's put the crusades aside, what about the European conquistadors and explorers establishing new territories and "Christianizing" the native populations in North and South America, the Caribbean, Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific Islands. The United States and Manifest Destiny all of which resulted in mass atrocities such as rape, torture, slavery, mass murders, and the deaths of millions?

Christianity was spread by the sword in just about every corner of the globe. This is a historical fact that can't be denied. In fact, when we try to defend our bloody past by saying those responsible were not Christian or that they weren't following what Christianity teaches, it makes us look silly. If you say these explorers and crews that followed them into new lands didn't represent the teachings of Christ and are therefore not Christian, then you have to also apply this same method of judgment to Islamic terrorist groups since the vast majority of Muslims in the world do not adhere to or support the ideology of extremist.

The Bible teaches when we judge others our judgment must be in righteousness. It also teaches against hypocritical judgement.
Because most Muslims are better then their religion. You do know the conquistadors usually were in conflict with the missionaries sent by the Catholic Church. The conquistadors weren’t interested in Christianizing anyone, their goal was to kill and plunder, on the contrary many missionaries wanted to convert the natives peacefully:

The Church and the Native Americans

Queen Isabella herself banned slavery in the New World. And I can definitely say my faith doesn’t support violence with evidence and yes I could challenge you to produce anything from Jesus or the Church Fathers which encourages violence or to spread the faith by the sword. Likewise I can give you many Islamic sources such as Mohammed himself or historical Islamic scholars that do promote violence. And Islam does teach to give three options to non Muslims , which are to become Muslims, pay the Jizyah, or die. The Jizyah option is not available to Pagans either, so for Pagans it’s Islam or die.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand what you are saying, and I won't debate it, because my response to the OP was that not everyone who has the "badge" of Christianity, like the Klu Klux Klan, are true Christians.

My wife was educated Catholic, and she, although not a practising Catholic, still sees it as "My religion", especially when she swears at a villian on a soap opera and I say, "St Pius wouldn't like that!" and she says, "Are you making fun of my religion??"

All the Christians whom I know, including Catholics, are peace-loving, non-violent people who are involved in just living out their faith the best they can.
Islam and Muslims aren’t the same thing, Muslims are people, there’s good and bad, ups and downs. Islam however is an ideology and is what it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟226,590.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because most Muslims are better then their religion.
So you are saying that better than 99% of those claiming to be Muslims aren't practicing their religion? Do you know how silly that sounds?

You do know the conquistadors usually were in conflict with the missionaries sent by the Catholic Church. The conquistadors weren’t interested in Christianizing anyone, their goal was to kill and plunder, on the contrary many missionaries wanted to convert the natives peacefully:
Yes, there was often conflict between the conquistadors, missionaries, and the hierarchy, but the orders were always to conquer, colonize, and Christianize. Missionaries and the conquistadors traveled on the ships together and even went into battle together. Some of the conquistadors were made religious leaders in the lands they plundered. You can't separate one from the other.

I can give you many Islamic sources such as Mohammed himself or historical Islamic scholars that do promote violence.
You would be making the same mistake as extremists. You would be failing to separate the historical content from the teachings of Islam. 99% of Muslims in the world are taught and know how to do this. This is why you see them living in harmony with their neighbors rather than following the examples of groups like ISIS.

And Islam does teach give three options to non Muslims, become Muslim, pay the Jizyah, or die. The Jizyah option is not available to Pagans either, so for Pagans it’s Islam or die.
Why aren't these things happening today? The only ones doing these things are groups like ISIS and the Taliban. And what's the big deal about taxing non-Muslims anyway? Muslims were also taxed under the Zakat which in most cases higher than what non-Muslims would pay under the Jizyah system of taxation. It's always funny when someone brings up the tax issue as if it was some form of punishment. Why would non-Muslims be exempt from paying taxes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

andy b

Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Christians have always been persecuted no so more than in Islamic countries ......the sad part is the west props up Saudi Arabia s country where brcominh a Christian carries a death sentence yet we bombed Iraq and Syria where Christians lived and flourished .......the bombing of Syria and Iraq is to christisnity as the holocaust is to Jews ...the cowards who rule our lands come out on mass codeming the NZ massacre bit are no where to be seen over Sri Lanka there is a world agenda to exterminate christisnity

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a question. I have just heard that there is a claim that the massacre in Sri Lanka was revenge for the massacre in Christchurch NZ.

What I don't understand is why the revenge was done against Christian churches and members, when the killer of Muslims in Christchurch was an atheist white supremacist.

It's really not surprising that Islamic terrorists don't make those sorts of distinctions. For one thing, and this will surprise many to learn, Muslims don't emphasize belief in the way Christians do- Muslims tend to think of their religion in more totalizing, even political terms- its wrapped up in your entire culture and life, with private belief being very much secondary. So, I'd imagine for an Islamic extremist, Christians and the West get lumped into one big gestalt of "Christendom", whether or not people actual espouse Christian beliefs. The concept of pluralism is lost on them altogether.

Last edited:
Upvote 0