Sprinkler or Dunker?

What is your preferred method of baptism

• Immersion

• Sprinkling/pouring

• Other

• Baptism is not a part of my belief system.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟829,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Other - WHO cares?
Some people do care, and I don't want to discount them by suggesting they shouldn't. I wanted to leave room for all beliefs--that's what WWMC is all about, as I understand it, but I don't think it's fair to brush things off with a "who cares." JMO.

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟31,143.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Some people do care, and I don't want to discount them by suggesting they shouldn't. I wanted to leave room for all beliefs--that's what WWMC is all about, as I understand it, but I don't think it's fair to brush things off with a "who cares." JMO.

Like you said LBF, there are people who care...I care a lot as you do. But WWMC is the only place where people can just blurt out stuff or be complete contrarians and not be slammed for it. In fact, that's why a lot of people come here- to express such differing opinions. I think WWMC encourages this. But I understand your response.:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟829,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. :hug: I didn't mean to slam either, but I *felt* slammed, didn't know why and it confused me, and I questioned the motive. If everyone else is fine, I'm fine too.

Upvote 0

Molal

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Supporter
Feb 9, 2007
United States of America
✟38,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I think everyone is fine - no harm, no foul.

That's the great thing about christianity and, indeed, life - we can agree to disagree but we can remain friends.

I may disagree with someone, but I will remain friends with them, going out of my way to help them.

Upvote 0

Protinus

Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟31,143.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I think everyone is fine - no harm, no foul.

That's the great thing about christianity and, indeed, life - we can agree to disagree but we can remain friends.

I may disagree with someone, but I will remain friends with them, going out of my way to help them.

that is the way it is supposed to be...and we would have one great big inter-denominational forum with non believers that are part of our fellowship.

I'm sorry, I'm a junkyard dog, been around the block numerous times, but we need these abhorant "safe zones"...like gated communities...blecchh!

If Christ were here...I don't know.:confused:

Upvote 0

FlatpickingJD

Losing the battle with oxalis
Dec 2, 2005
✟38,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was just baptised this past week in the Atlantic Ocean and it was a powerful experience for me so my preferred method would have to be immesion

Congratulations!

To answer the OP, I prefer immersion, and immersion once the believer is old enough to understand. I was dunked as an adult which could explain my preference.

Also, fwiw, some churches do make a big deal over immersion vs. sprinkling, and will require those who have not been immersed to be immersed in order to join the particular church. This might make a practical reason to be immersed.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟919,985.00
Faith
Atheist
I vote "not part of belief system".

It seemed to me as a theist and now nostalgically that immersion is the winner for symbolism and the other reasons cited above.

Not having been thru other forms, I certainly wouldn't suggest that they aren't meaningful to the participants.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Protinus

Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟31,143.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I vote "not part of belief system".

It seemed to me as a theist and now nostalgically that immersion is the winner for symbolism and the other reasons cited above.

Not having been thru other forms, I certainly wouldn't suggest that they aren't meaningful to the participants.
^_^

Upvote 0