Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have never been interested in professional sports, but I came from a sports’ loving family. I recall fondly my father watching one ball game on TV while listening to another on a transistor radio plugged into his ear. Dad had been a high school athlete, and though baseball was his favorite sport he also enjoyed watching basketball and football, with the occasional hockey game tossed in. I can only imagine his reaction to seeing multi-millionaire athletes turning his beloved contests of sport into platforms for Leftist politics. There is a lot of money to be made by entrepreneurs who come up with politics free sport ventures.

Video below.
Sports and Left Wing Politics

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I love sports and my Boston teams but I have grown weary of ownership pandering and politicizing sports. I am at the point where I don’t even want to watch the games anymore. Sports were always an escape from the grind of life and way to relax with family and friends.

The price to go to a game has also put the game out of reach for the working class.

Tickets for the cheap seats at Fenway park over $100.00 dollars. A beer and a hot dog will set you back $15.00. A sausage pepper and onion on a roll $18.00.

This year prior to Covid I made the decision to not attend any games this year.

Upvote 0