Spitting poison and power in that which seems weak.

JimBeta

Sep 26, 2018
Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes we can spit poison to another, but each time we do that we swallow a little of that poison ourselves. By offending others, we become worse ourselves. By mocking or cheating others, we poison our minds and souls. What we speak, that is what we become. We must learn to pay attention with our words because many think that they are only doing another damage, but I believe they are also harming themselfs. Words are like a two-edged sword. Sometimes it is better to be silent. I used to always have a discussion and that never turned out to be a good thing and then I became bitter and frustrated as a human being. I got hurt even faster than usual and with every insult I threw at someone, because it offended me, the hatred for man grew within me. People were stupid. But of course I was not. I'm glad that that person died. That was my old nature and I am very happy that I am not like that anymore. I was not doing well, far from it. I could say interesting things but I could not say it in the right way. I always became angry and could not stop giving a reply. It seemed like it was always a fight that I had to win. I only now really understand how we can win that fight and it is not by continuing to respond. No, there is no need for power to continue discussing, that goes without saying. True power is biting your tongue and not answer it. That is much more difficult. Because for the one you let yourself go, but for the other you have to control yourself. There is therefore sometimes more power in being silent than in re answering. What is weak for man is a power for God. The same is if someone sells a punch, for example. It seems weak, in the world, when you do not punch back. But actually, that is a lot of power. Because slapping back is simple, you just let go, but offering your other cheek is more difficult. There is more power in self-control than letting yourself go, but what power is for God is weak for the world. And what is weak for the world is power for God. We have drifted far, from what God had in mind with us. But once the day comes, that all this is over and we will live together in peace. I am convinced that there will come a day, that the world will be as God intended it. That man will be, as God intended. I am convinced of that because I know that things can be better and if something can be better than we should strive for that. We strive for that world but I do not know if it will succeed. I think that we will still need Christ to put an end to it and introduce a new era. Let us all look forward to that moment.