Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Went to church this morning, Father meeting me for Confession before liturgy. That went well. Attended DL and took Communion. Got a nice spiritual shot in the arm. Coffee hour was nice.

Another grace from God for me today in my first DL since being away 3 weeks was Deacon Brad, our retired, older deacon, helped serve the liturgy along with the usual deacon and Father. Deacon Brad has a VERY nice chanting voice, so the parts he took from my godfather deacon, wow, that really relieved a lot of wincing from the bull horn yelling! Yes, the gospel still was "yelled" rather than chanted, and the "Bless Master" was BBBLLLESSS MASSSSTERRRRR! but I guess some relief is better than none! ^_^:p

Overall nice day, but exhausting as always with my situation. Left at 8:20 am got home at 3:05 pm. Utterly tiring. No rest today and I was already pooped tired....

At least I'm back in the saddle....I'm not Kylissa level perky crazy fanatical off-the-charts ear-to-ear grinning, but I enjoyed the liturgy, the sermon, got two sacraments that really helped, and I'm back on track. I'll take it....:crosseo:

Glad things went well for you spiritually today! Wonderful that you got to enjoy some nice chanting instead of yelling. :) and I'm glad you got to have confession and communion. :)

Been praying for you. You have a lot going on right now, and I'm glad to hear you got some relief.

Kylissa-level-perky-crazy-fanatical??? Now why would you say that? I didn't go to Church at all yesterday, and I guess I didn't miss it too much. Ummm ... Course I did arrive before Matins started this morning. I wanted very much to go up on the solea to the icons of Christ and the Theotokos I first saw closely last week, but I wasn't early enough and I wasn't sure what is allowed. :(

But I'm very glad you had a good day. I hope you rest well tonight, since it was still tiring. Still praying for you and your family.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was kidding with ya, Kylissa. We were talking about how hardcore you started your Orthodoxy after chrismation the other day. It was just a joke. You're not a fanatic at all. :p

Glad things went well for you spiritually today! Wonderful that you got to enjoy some nice chanting instead of yelling. :) and I'm glad you got to have confession and communion. :)

Been praying for you. You have a lot going on right now, and I'm glad to hear you got some relief.

Kylissa-level-perky-crazy-fanatical??? Now why would you say that? I didn't go to Church at all yesterday, and I guess I didn't miss it too much. Ummm ... Course I did arrive before Matins started this morning. I wanted very much to go up on the solea to the icons of Christ and the Theotokos I first saw closely last week, but I wasn't early enough and I wasn't sure what is allowed. :(

But I'm very glad you had a good day. I hope you rest well tonight, since it was still tiring. Still praying for you and your family.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was kidding with ya, Kylissa. We were talking about how hardcore you started your Orthodoxy after chrismation the other day. It was just a joke. You're not a fanatic at all. :p

Awww, Joseph, sorry, I was teasing back! That's the problem with words on a screen, I guess they can be taken a wrong way.

I deleted the next paragraph though - the stuff coming up I WANT to go to but can't because of timing. I figured it was pretty OT to your thread.

But no, you didn't bother me at all. :) Sorry we can't express tone very well here!

(And maybe I am a fanatic ... but in that case, I've been one for many years ... Orthodoxy didn't turn me into one, it's just the perfect expression for what I already had ;) )

Though baptism has certainly pulled me FAR from any spiritual slump (which I DO go through them!)

Upvote 0