• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Spiritually Bipolar ???

ChristGrl

Jul 20, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa
✟19,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I lived w my aunt that has bipolar for 14 yrs and it has effected me greatly not only in my personality but as well as in my faith. So I got married now but I am recovering from all of those yrs where she abused me spiritually . She called me every bad word in the bible! And as time grew on I was continually fighting to keep my faith strength and ( she terrorized me by her crazy blow ups at church which i can still remember to this day and all the crazy things she done in church to hurt me in front of my church family and i guess because of that and other terrorizing events at church ( Before and After i was married) that i can still remember that she wasn't involved with may be included with my aunts actions in terms of not wanting to go to church or have anything to do with God) not weaken but over the yrs of continually battling this and still ar but in a not head on way I've gotten soo weak and during that time of living w my bipolar aunt I actually started to believe those things she said to my face So here I am she made me believe and feel like I have failed and can't do anything right in Christianity all together and now I feel like I don't fit in anymore. So my question is can a person that's extremely bipolar mess up ones faith to the point of not wanting to be a christian anymore but knows that Christianity is the true and all but got sooo burnt & weaken from that person's abuse that they don't what anything to do with Christianity like not going to church etc. I feel like im spiritually bipolar because of what she did to me. Any good advice???

Swords&Sunflowers

May 10, 2018
✟176,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think there will always be people in our lives that have some sort of negative thing to say, and if we do not filter it out using the Word, it can appear as truth even though it is a lie. Remember the garden of eden? Where the Snake deceived Eve into thinking that God was withholding something great from her. Same thing with people, words can sound so real, that's why the Bible says to guard our hearts and also that the tongue can cause a great fire (James 3:6). You will have to counter attack the words spoken against you by proclaiming the Words of God. And important that you don't go through this alone, find a support group at church and be vigilant about it. At this time, you need people of faith to speak faith to you. And you will have to watch the words you say, when you know it's gonna make you think a negative thought, fight it, don't say it, but more effectively, speak truth against it. But yeah, I believe you can overcome this. "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." Romans 8:14. Prayers!

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience," our Apostle Paul says in Ephesians 2:2. And yes a person can spread the effect of Satan's evil spirit to hurt and abuse people, make people suffer, and cause people to feel like giving up. And a trick is how this nasty and horrible spirit will make someone feel awful so the person tries to escape by using pleasures to feel better; so do not allow dominating and dictatorial lusts for pleasure to trick you into trying to use people and pleasures to make you feel better; but get real deep correction and strength with God. < this is the short answer; if you want to get into more detail >

We Jesus people can withstand how Satan's spirit would effect us . . . in our minds, emotions, how we react, how we take things, and how we feel and relate. Because our God and Father is almighty against any sort of cruelty of Satan's feelings and emotions and drives.

So, yes you can become strong in Jesus against how Satan's cruelly hateful spirit might try to effect you >

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might." (Ephesians 6:10)

Jesus is very plain what He expects of us >

"'Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.'" (John 14:27)

So, Jesus knows His peace has almighty power to keep us from being "troubled" by Satan's evil spirit and any cruelly hateful and evil person . . . including ones of our imagination!

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies" (in Psalm 23:5).

So, right in the presence of any "enemies", we can share with God in His own peace, of His own table which He shares with us. Jesus shares His own peace with us > He says "My peace" He gives to us.

So, trust Jesus however you need to, for all He means by this, please. And God bless you to :help::pray::prayer::amen::hug::clap::wave:

And get into compassion for people who are cruel; consider how they are missing out on how they could be loving. There are many humans who do not know how to love you. This is so sad. Become strong in love so you are not being a victim or a victimizer, but you are able to care for wrong people and have compassion on them.

Now . . . here is something I am going to say, and it might not go for you. But we have other readers who might need to consider this >

There are people who have major problems, because they have done things which are wrong. And other wrong people might make a project of criticizing them much more than they deserve even though they have done wrong things. So, make sure with God about if there are things He knows you have done wrong. When we sin, the consequences can be very unfair and not because of God punishing us, but if we do things in Satan's kingdom, we stay available to how his spirit and mean people will try to keep us down and weak so we do not get turned "from the power of Satan to God" (Acts 26:18).

Another thing > which might not go for you, or it might > if someone has been abusing you right in front of other people, and if you have not been doing wrong things . . . a properly developed church will have people to deal with that abusive person. They won't allow it to continue. And they will help you, probably without you even needing to ask for support.

But in case you are living sloppy and trying to hide in a sloppy church where there is no or little effective authority for dealing with abusive people . . . get cleaned up with God and get with leaders who are "examples to the flock" (1 Peter 5:3) and whom you trust because of how they help you to get real with God and be pleasing to God while loving any and all people while you share as family with other Jesus people. Make sure you share with people who are mature and who can see through you and help you to get real correction.

There are people who stay with abusive people in negligent churches, because they would rather be abused than go through real correction. Because correction of God "is painful" > Hebrews 12:4-11 > and people fear dealing personally with God. But the pain of surgery is better than going on breaking down and suffering on and on. With God, we have real family love; but we care about the ones in our lives who have abused us because they do not know how to love.

So, get real with God and have compassion :) And forgive; and in forgiving you can have power of God almighty to protect you deeply and to help make us all more and more strong and stable along with you. You will spread all that is good, more and more, if you get real correction. Yes, an evil spirit can spread its effect, but you in Jesus can spread God's own grace almighty with power to change us all to become like Jesus.

So trust God for all He is able to do in us. Find the ones who help you with this, and have mercy on the ones who have not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And as time grew on I was continually fighting to keep my faith strength and ( she terrorized me by her crazy blow ups at church which i can still remember to this day and all the crazy things she done in church to hurt me in front of my church family and i guess because of that and other terrorizing events at church ( Before and After i was married) that i can still remember that she wasn't involved with may be included with my aunts actions in terms of not wanting to go to church or have anything to do with God)
Sounds like a difficult time. As you say sounds like she was half crazed...walking as we say in the flesh with no restraint or who knows maybe dominated by a wrong spirit. Thing is though....your Aunt is your Aunt and Jesus is Jesus. I would think in your mind you've got to separate the two. God loves you and wants your life full of joy and peace. Try to know Jesus didn't treat you roughly and he says "Come unto me all you which are heavy laden and I'll give you rest."
So here I am she made me believe and feel like I have failed and can't do anything right in Christianity all together and now I feel like I don't fit in anymore.
So what you're saying is you feel like you might be in the boat with the rest of us? Yeah I think I can count about 1001 times the devil has said to me or impressed me with the thought I can't do anything right too. Good to know that as long as I'm sincerely reaching out for God's grace he take take care of mine and your shortcomings too. The real problem is people who think they do everything right. Those are the ones who need special prayer .:amen:

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I lived w my aunt that has bipolar for 14 yrs and it has effected me greatly not only in my personality but as well as in my faith. So I got married now but I am recovering from all of those yrs where she abused me spiritually . She called me every bad word in the bible! And as time grew on I was continually fighting to keep my faith strength and ( she terrorized me by her crazy blow ups at church which i can still remember to this day and all the crazy things she done in church to hurt me in front of my church family and i guess because of that and other terrorizing events at church ( Before and After i was married) that i can still remember that she wasn't involved with may be included with my aunts actions in terms of not wanting to go to church or have anything to do with God) not weaken but over the yrs of continually battling this and still ar but in a not head on way I've gotten soo weak and during that time of living w my bipolar aunt I actually started to believe those things she said to my face So here I am she made me believe and feel like I have failed and can't do anything right in Christianity all together and now I feel like I don't fit in anymore. So my question is can a person that's extremely bipolar mess up ones faith to the point of not wanting to be a christian anymore but knows that Christianity is the true and all but got sooo burnt & weaken from that person's abuse that they don't what anything to do with Christianity like not going to church etc. I feel like im spiritually bipolar because of what she did to me. Any good advice???

First, let me say I'm so sorry for what you went through and all the pain it caused you.

It sounds like what you are saying is that you know you are having irrational thoughts based on your past which is causing you to bow out of Christianity even though you believe Christianity to be true. My dear, if you know you are being irrational, you have a responsibility to YOURSELF to fight this with everything you have, because very few people have a conscious choice whether to be neurotic has you have. On the positive side, the fact that you are aware that you are being irrational is a very, very good sign that you will prevail against this.

We are here to listen and help. It sounds like from what you said so far that you just don't want to go to church because of all the bad memories there. Do I have that right? You can always add more difficulties and we can discuss them. But let's take time right now to discuss this particular problem. We can attack it from two angles:

The first line of attack is very simple. You build up a bunch of new good memories. No church is perfect, so don't expect every memory to be wonderful. We all of us let go of bad memories and hold on to the good ones. But you can do things like join the church choir, teach Sunday School, be part of the young marrieds group, etc. Form friendships and develop them. Take mental snapshots of the good moments to savor later.

The second line of attack is a little different. It is to realize that church is not all about me. Yeah, I know. Surprise. It's about worshiping God as a body, gathering together for teaching and the breaking of bread. You can be in a bad mood and still worship God. You can be lonely and still worship God. You can be neurotic and still worship God. The music can be awful and you can still worship God. The pastor can be boring and you can still worship God. The people can all be stuffy hypocrites and you can still worship God. God is, well, He is the All Mighty Maker of Heaven an Earth. If we were ever to see his face we would perish. He is worthy of our worship. Being in his presence, before his mighty throne, kind of puts us and our small problems into perspective and reminds us that our Father is in charge.

Please keep talking. We care about you.

Upvote 0

ChristGrl

Jul 20, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa
✟19,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What did she do to you? Give some examples of spiritual abuse.

~ RedBlue22 = She told me i wasn't a true christian and that im going to hell and not heaven. She ran to some couple she mistaken for another couple in the leadership of the church and told them all my personal issues and problems she had w me. Which was very embarrassing. She also told me that i wasn't anointed to do what i was called to do and that i would lose it of i continued to branch out in different styles of dancing within my calling to be a praise dancer only cause she only liked one style tho. She called me a hypocrite, a fake christian & that i wasn't truly saved. She treated me very bad behind closed doors but when she would go to church she would act like as if nothing happened at all like she didn't do or any anything when i reached out when i went to church and told those i trusted what was going on at home and then it got back to her she chewed my butt out. There was i time she thought that the devil was using me to get to her cause God so called told her that she was going to have a BIG ministry like billy graham / benny hinn - eventwise and it was gonna be that big and that he wanted different people in that ministry and she would be talking like im gonna buy you a home and a new car and all then she would say shes on remote control then after she gets thru that she spirals down and realizes that that type of ministry God didn't in tend on her to do then she gets depressed and then just starting the whole thing all over again and when her life is going good and high like that she makes my life hell by saying God told me that u can't come to me anymore and discuss spiritual things go to the church leaders. There were times when i would hear her cry out to God in anger and frustration that she prayed to God for me as her daughter but she couldn't handle me and that she didn't want me anymore etc but i can't remember the bad things cause my brain blocked out the bad things that hurt me the worst from my memory. Some of the things she done and said made me cry for days and months and sometimes got me depressed! Thats just a few examples of what she did to me.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
~ RedBlue22 = She told me i wasn't a true christian and that im going to hell and not heaven. She ran to some couple she mistaken for another couple in the leadership of the church and told them all my personal issues and problems she had w me. Which was very embarrassing. She also told me that i wasn't anointed to do what i was called to do and that i would lose it of i continued to branch out in different styles of dancing within my calling to be a praise dancer only cause she only liked one style tho. She called me a hypocrite, a fake christian & that i wasn't truly saved. She treated me very bad behind closed doors but when she would go to church she would act like as if nothing happened at all like she didn't do or any anything when i reached out when i went to church and told those i trusted what was going on at home and then it got back to her she chewed my butt out. There was i time she thought that the devil was using me to get to her cause God so called told her that she was going to have a BIG ministry like billy graham / benny hinn - eventwise and it was gonna be that big and that he wanted different people in that ministry and she would be talking like im gonna buy you a home and a new car and all then she would say shes on remote control then after she gets thru that she spirals down and realizes that that type of ministry God didn't in tend on her to do then she gets depressed and then just starting the whole thing all over again and when her life is going good and high like that she makes my life hell by saying God told me that u can't come to me anymore and discuss spiritual things go to the church leaders. There were times when i would hear her cry out to God in anger and frustration that she prayed to God for me as her daughter but she couldn't handle me and that she didn't want me anymore etc but i can't remember the bad things cause my brain blocked out the bad things that hurt me the worst from my memory. Some of the things she done and said made me cry for days and months and sometimes got me depressed! Thats just a few examples of what she did to me.

That is all really terrible.

Upvote 0

ChristGrl

Jul 20, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa
✟19,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
First, let me say I'm so sorry for what you went through and all the pain it caused you.

It sounds like what you are saying is that you know you are having irrational thoughts based on your past which is causing you to bow out of Christianity even though you believe Christianity to be true. My dear, if you know you are being irrational, you have a responsibility to YOURSELF to fight this with everything you have, because very few people have a conscious choice whether to be neurotic has you have. On the positive side, the fact that you are aware that you are being irrational is a very, very good sign that you will prevail against this.

We are here to listen and help. It sounds like from what you said so far that you just don't want to go to church because of all the bad memories there. Do I have that right? You can always add more difficulties and we can discuss them. But let's take time right now to discuss this particular problem. We can attack it from two angles:

The first line of attack is very simple. You build up a bunch of new good memories. No church is perfect, so don't expect every memory to be wonderful. We all of us let go of bad memories and hold on to the good ones. But you can do things like join the church choir, teach Sunday School, be part of the young marrieds group, etc. Form friendships and develop them. Take mental snapshots of the good moments to savor later.

The second line of attack is a little different. It is to realize that church is not all about me. Yeah, I know. Surprise. It's about worshiping God as a body, gathering together for teaching and the breaking of bread. You can be in a bad mood and still worship God. You can be lonely and still worship God. You can be neurotic and still worship God. The music can be awful and you can still worship God. The pastor can be boring and you can still worship God. The people can all be stuffy hypocrites and you can still worship God. God is, well, He is the All Mighty Maker of Heaven an Earth. If we were ever to see his face we would perish. He is worthy of our worship. Being in his presence, before his mighty throne, kind of puts us and our small problems into perspective and reminds us that our Father is in charge.

Please keep talking. We care about you.

Open Heart ~
yeah i know Church isn't about me or anything like that its all about God. And Yes Open Heart she also forced me to go to church as well at one point.
There was 2 that i can remember as clear as day as if it was yesterday!
1. - It happened in my home church before i got married also my Aunt didnt have anything to do w her - I was on the worship dance team or the bannering ministry / Flag ministry we dance with the banners / flags during worship.
After worship on Sunday as i was sitting there was a lady that was somewhat close to the area where i was sitting at and she wrote me a note during ( Im guessing during worship ) church! Cause when they where passing the peace someone handed me the letter and as i sat there reading it it was fulled with hate, rude, and the woman who wrote it was really harsh & mean so much i started crying streams of tears coming down my face but no sound cause i didn't want to disrupt the service and i just couldn't take it no more and got up and when into the foyer and then outside to relive my emotions. I still can't understand why she wrote it and gave it to someone else to past it to me . It tore me down to the rock bottom.

2. - I got into something that i shouldn't have but did then realized that it was unGodly and God rescued me from it so i was going to church with my Husband still weak but worship depressed me because i wanted to worship dance w banners/flags like my home church had but our church doesn't have that and their music is loud anyways so i was listening to my music. There was a lady that was sitting a few rows behind us like across from me tho and during the passing of the peace she walks up to me really angry and gets into my personal space like get really close to my face i could reach out and touch her face with out having to extent my arm that much anyway she was yelling something at me and i didn't want to make a show so i just put my hand up in her face to try to get her to get out of my space and go back to her seat. My husband got up started apologizing then she just stormed out during the service and came back in later then after i was soo hurt and all i when out to my car and started tearing off my christian decals off my car when God to me to go back in and find my husband and i didn't and i wished i had so that i could confront her cause she found him after service and confronted him saying that what i was doing was disrespectful and all which it wasn't in any way at all. And made me spiral down and i stopped going to church and believed that when im weak i will or could with a high possibility get attacked in church! And the odd thing about the whole thing was my husband never saw her again at church!!!

Upvote 0

ChristGrl

Jul 20, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa
✟19,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That is all really terrible.
Oh RedBlue22 thats just the very beginning of the things she done to me and to say the very least after i got married i when thru 6months of not knowing my identity cause she formed and shaped me into a person she thought i should be in her mind!!! And i would wake up screaming cause i was having a nitemare of my aunt controlling me .Even worse she did this little kid thing run and tell and called my husband all the time during our first yr of marriage and basically told him how to control me and she got inbetween my husband and i for the second time since we started dating and got engaged 7/31/2011!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh RedBlue22 thats just the very beginning of the things she done to me and to say the very least after i got married i when thru 6months of not knowing my identity cause she formed and shaped me into a person she thought i should be in her mind!!! And i would wake up screaming cause i was having a nitemare of my aunt controlling me .Even worse she did this little kid thing run and tell and called my husband all the time during our first yr of marriage and basically told him how to control me and she got inbetween my husband and i for the second time since we started dating and got engaged 7/31/2011!!!!

So, now you are associating everything religious or church-related with your abuse.

Upvote 0

ChristGrl

Jul 20, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa
✟19,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So, now you are associating everything religious or church-related with your abuse.
Well there has been some spiritual abuse / abuse that happened inside the church involving my Aunt = (whether behind closed doors or at church) and other people to me and i remember those best and i don't want to be subjected to that again.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Open Heart ~
yeah i know Church isn't about me or anything like that its all about God. And Yes Open Heart she also forced me to go to church as well at one point.
There was 2 that i can remember as clear as day as if it was yesterday!
1. - It happened in my home church before i got married also my Aunt didnt have anything to do w her - I was on the worship dance team or the bannering ministry / Flag ministry we dance with the banners / flags during worship.
After worship on Sunday as i was sitting there was a lady that was somewhat close to the area where i was sitting at and she wrote me a note during ( Im guessing during worship ) church! Cause when they where passing the peace someone handed me the letter and as i sat there reading it it was fulled with hate, rude, and the woman who wrote it was really harsh & mean so much i started crying streams of tears coming down my face but no sound cause i didn't want to disrupt the service and i just couldn't take it no more and got up and when into the foyer and then outside to relive my emotions. I still can't understand why she wrote it and gave it to someone else to past it to me . It tore me down to the rock bottom.

2. - I got into something that i shouldn't have but did then realized that it was unGodly and God rescued me from it so i was going to church with my Husband still weak but worship depressed me because i wanted to worship dance w banners/flags like my home church had but our church doesn't have that and their music is loud anyways so i was listening to my music. There was a lady that was sitting a few rows behind us like across from me tho and during the passing of the peace she walks up to me really angry and gets into my personal space like get really close to my face i could reach out and touch her face with out having to extent my arm that much anyway she was yelling something at me and i didn't want to make a show so i just put my hand up in her face to try to get her to get out of my space and go back to her seat. My husband got up started apologizing then she just stormed out during the service and came back in later then after i was soo hurt and all i when out to my car and started tearing off my christian decals off my car when God to me to go back in and find my husband and i didn't and i wished i had so that i could confront her cause she found him after service and confronted him saying that what i was doing was disrespectful and all which it wasn't in any way at all. And made me spiral down and i stopped going to church and believed that when im weak i will or could with a high possibility get attacked in church! And the odd thing about the whole thing was my husband never saw her again at church!!!
My goodness! I've never been at a church where people have behaved so immaturely! Passing hate notes during church? What is this? Junior high?

First, I want to say how sorry I am that you got so hurt. I also have a tender heart, so I know how it is.

One of the things that makes it hard to know how to respond is that you are leaving out the context of the bad behavior. I'm not excusing it. But it would help to know WHY they did what they did. People don't just cross the aisle and start yelling at you for no reason. Tell me more.

Remember that you've already admitted that it's irrational to blame the bad behavior of a few people on Jesus. So.... Don't stay in that mental state. Actively work to move into a different mentality. I gave you some suggestions in my last post. If your hurt is so deep that my suggestions seem too piddly to help, then I would suggest a good Christian counselor. Don't take that as a cue to stop talking to me! I'm here for yu.

I want to see you happy and fulfilled. That means many different things. It means of course that I want to see you happy in the Lord. it means that I want to see you happy in a good church. It means I want you to be at rest with your conscience and your self esteem both. And it means I want you to be able to work through all these issues of people acting inappropriately towards you, and your sensitive reactions. I'm going to pray for you as soon as I post this reply, sister.

Oh, and tell your hubby that the next time some yells in your face, that he should be the one to push her away. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristGrl

Jul 20, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa
✟19,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
My goodness! I've never been at a church where people have behaved so immaturely! Passing hate notes during church? What is this? Junior high?

One of the things that makes it hard to know how to respond is that you are leaving out the context of the bad behavior. I'm not excusing it. But it would help to know WHY they did what they did. People don't just cross the aisle and start yelling at you for no reason. Tell me more.

Well for one its been like long time and plus like i said before my brain blocks some of the memories and thats how i survived emotionally. Any ways i guess i was acting unchristian-like in their eyes to go as far as write that note and pass it to me.

And for the 2nd one i just had in my earbuds and listening to my music at the same level as the worship music cause it was loud and i turned it down when the worship was over to a point no one heard it but me until the passing of the peace was over then i took them out.

Plus i guess when im weak in faith i become super sensitive to anything said to me and i went to church with my husband Saturday night and after church we saw one of his friends and he came over and said to me wow u look like you are ready to go out dancing and i replied well i love dressing up western then hes like well where are you on Sundays i said at home then he points to my husband and says he goes to bible study on Wednesdays where do u go i point across the church to my gym and he says some other stuff and walks off laughing but really that hurt tho. Saying that im not a christian cause i don't go to church or bible study during the week.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Well for one its been like long time and plus like i said before my brain blocks some of the memories and thats how i survived emotionally. Any ways i guess i was acting unchristian-like in their eyes to go as far as write that note and pass it to me.
If you are having memories blocked, that is a very serious symptom. I hope you are getting quality therapy. It's indicative of the sort of damage that's kind of more than a simple forum can handle. I'm really more of an online friend. I've noticed overall from your posts that you are an unusually sensitive person and that you haven't learned a lot of common social skills, which must lead to a lot of awkward situations. I think you could get a lot out of some long term therapy. I know I did!

I'm glad you understand that your own behavior is part of the problem. Sometimes when all we do is blame others, we distort reality, and it makes it hard to heal. You are ahead of the game.

And for the 2nd one i just had in my earbuds and listening to my music at the same level as the worship music cause it was loud and i turned it down when the worship was over to a point no one heard it but me until the passing of the peace was over then i took them out.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, so I'm going to explain it, and if you already know it, forgive me for boring you LOL. :)

It is rude to listen to music, text, etc. while in church, a meeting, being at a movie, or generally speaking whenever we are supposed to be listening to someone else. Sometimes at a restaurant or in a car, there will be music playing in the background, but it's only for ambiance. No one is actually listening to it. It is a BIG no no to put ear phones in if someone is talking to us. If for example, I'm in a car and someone is talking to me and I put in ear buds, I'm telling the other person, "I don't want to listen to you, I want to check out and just listen to this music." In church, the pastor is talking to us, and most importantly, God is talking to us. We need to stay focused, even if it gets boring from time to time.

Next, a church service is not a place for private conversations. We don't whisper, pass notes, or text. Chatting with our friends (and enemies) is what we do afterwards during fellowship. During the church service, our focus is supposed to be on God. If someone whispers to you, don't make eye contact -- just lean over with a finger to your lip to tell them to be quiet. Turn off your cell phone BEFORE the service starts. Any notes that get passed, refuse them. Learn not to participate in the immature behavior of others. They do not control you.

At any rate, having earbuds in definitely does explain the woman's behavior. She felt you were being rude to God!!! Did she handle it well? No. She handled it just terrible. She should have waited until after the service was over and then taken you aside and explained in a loving way why it was a rude thing to do, just as I have.

Next, have your therapist work with you on assertiveness training. It will help you stand up against abuse instead of coming all unglued.

And finally, talk with your husband. I'm shocked that he doesn't defend you when for example someone comes and yells at you in your face. I'm wondering if he feels you brought it on yourself or perhaps just doesn't want to get involved in the drama? Anyhow, you need to talk to him, because he should be your ally. If his friend insinuates that you aren't a real christian, he should stand up for you and say, "That was an awfully rude thing for you to say to my wife."

Upvote 0

ChristGrl

Jul 20, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa
✟19,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm really more of an online friend. I've noticed overall from your posts that you are an unusually sensitive person and that you haven't learned a lot of common social skills, which must lead to a lot of awkward situations.

Well YOU were the one telling ME that YOU wanted me to keep talking to YOU!!! Second - Im sensitive cause i was bullied for most of my life so how DARE u say that im unusually sensitive person and I have learned common social skills i also have depression and deal with anxiety from time to time!!!! Just because your older than me doesn't mean you have the authority to start labeling me with such falseness !!!! My behavior wasn't part of the problem they just viewed it as such plus that was years ago too!!!

I just was listening to my music during worship because i didn't want to hear the worship music and took it out after worship was done. As for my Husband i don't know what hes problem is all i know is that he doesn't like to confront people when something happens.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Well YOU were the one telling ME that YOU wanted me to keep talking to YOU!!!
What did I say that made you think I feel any different than that? That's why I said we are online friends. :) :) :) But I know what my limits are. I can't be your therapist. But please, yes, I hope we keep talking.

I am also a highly sensitive person. There is nothing wrong with having flaws. EVERYONE has flaws. The trick is, am I doing something about my flaws? I have a great many flaws -- I have spent a lifetime in therapy, in the confessional, and in self reflection in an effort to overcome those flaws. I am a different person today than I was when I was young. But that doesn't mean I'm perfect yet. I still have much to aspire to. :)

I'm sorry I somehow offended you. I didn't mean to do so.

Upvote 0