Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I just wrote a video on Exhortation, in which I say...

It is important, for the sake of spirituality, that we divide the man into three parts… Physical, Spiritual, and Intellectual. There have been a great many exhorters who possessed not a great physique or intelligence, but were great hearted people. And such great heart made for great and profitable ministry. If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2) And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma, the sun is the visible form of E/c2
Mental E/c2 - Our thinking can produce creativeness, light, and good things
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

The Natural E/c2 in the form of mass produces a gravity that attracts other objects
The Intellectual E/c2 produces a gravity that draws us to study
The Spiritual E/c2 also has a gravity that draws and makes religion attractive

The Spiritual light and energies are what the exhorter possesses to the greater degree. As light is the opposite of darkness so there are also dark spiritual energies as well....

Darkness - The opposite of energy and light would be absolute zero (Z) and darkness (d). Spiritually, this would generate absolute zero (Z) – Laziness, coldness, and hatred / darkness (d) – Fear, depression, greed, and sorrow.

Emotions are activity that happens with the interactions of light and darkness. Sorrowful events, such as what causes depression and joy can make us emotional. Joyful events such as what causes light, as when a favorite team wins, can cause us to get emotional. So the emotional tears can be results of the interaction with light or darkness, pertaining to the event. But... If there is no spiritual light or darkness there is also no emotion.

Spirituality therefore is not emotion, but can make us emotional. There are some people, even Christians, who shy away from what they label emotional. But, spirituality will make one emotional and it can encourage intellectual thought as well...

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
When we had a plating department in our facility I worked under a chemist. This chemist was very smart and very good at math. When he laid out equations he did so in very neat handwriting and there would be much activity as he turned the results of an analysis into an addition. I would take his calculations and put them in the form of visual basic functions and sub procedures.

Of all the years I worked with this man I had one opportunity to witness to him. I made my presentation while he was analyzing adhesion under a microscope in which you could hear the sounds... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! After my presentation he just continued to look under the microscope as if ignored everything I said so I just continued in my work. Then... The scratch scratch, scratching stopped! And he speaks!

"You know what I think it is?" He says while continuing to look under the microscope... "I think it is arrogance!"

And then, without taking his eyes off the microscope, he continues his work... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! I did not reply but went about my work. Inside I feared he was right. In many cases religion can inhabit too much personal ego, or even downright spiritual darkness, with all the melancholy, hatred, ego, strife and the like... Which things are not true spiritual light and can beget much emotion of the negative variety.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,009.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Spirituality therefore is not emotion, but can make us emotional. There are some people, even Christians, who shy away from what they label emotional. But, spirituality will make one emotional and it can encourage intellectual thought as well...
There are times when I see a persons Soul shine through that I can't help but cry. It's not an emotional cry at all. It's more of a recognition.

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are a lot of teachings out there on this symbolized with da Vinci Vitruvian Man .God's energy " light " streams thorough first our identity who we think we are , then through our mentality ,then through our emotions , to the physical . Change the identity who you think you are changes the rest of the equation. Mentality does nothing unless it filters through the emotions " energy in motion " to doing something in the physical .

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Spirituality seemed to be just emotions for me when I was atheist. Emotional empathy to be exact.

I think I have a good grasp on my psychology when I was a theist. So much so, I can still recreate divine experiences as an atheist. Just as vivid and awe inspiring as when I was a theist.

Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
emotions leave you open to the hooks and chains of power structures. those power structures include spiritual paths. it's good to have emotion, but you must be able to control them and know when you are being controlled by external forces.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,009.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I think I have a good grasp on my psychology when I was a theist. So much so, I can still recreate divine experiences as an atheist. Just as vivid and awe inspiring as when I was a theist.
I'm having trouble understanding why Divine experiences need to be tied to being a theist, or not. That's because Divine experienced stand on their own.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,024.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
emotions leave you open to the hooks and chains of power structures. those power structures include spiritual paths. it's good to have emotion, but you must be able to control them and know when you are being controlled by external forces.

Can also have very bad endings too.

When there is an agenda and knowing what buttons to push.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm having trouble understanding why Divine experiences need to be tied to being a theist, or not. That's because Divine experienced stand on their own.

Guess it depends on how you use the term.

I could say I have had some "divine" experiences as an atheist, but they've paled in comparison to when I was a theist.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,009.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Guess it depends on how you use the term.

I could say I have had some "divine" experiences as an atheist, but they've paled in comparison to when I was a theist.
I'm not understanding why it would change for you.

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not understanding why it would change for you.

Well, I wish it wasn't so. Maybe it's just psychological and doesn't have to be. Although considering my spirituality was hinged on emotional empathy I can understand why my atheist lens isn't as effective.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,024.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I just wrote a video on Exhortation, in which I say...

It is important, for the sake of spirituality, that we divide the man into three parts… Physical, Spiritual, and Intellectual. There have been a great many exhorters who possessed not a great physique or intelligence, but were great hearted people. And such great heart made for great and profitable ministry. If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2) And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma, the sun is the visible form of E/c2
Mental E/c2 - Our thinking can produce creativeness, light, and good things

The Natural E/c2 in the form of mass produces a gravity that attracts other objects
The Intellectual E/c2 produces a gravity that draws us to study
The Spiritual E/c2 also has a gravity that draws and makes religion attractive

The Spiritual light and energies are what the exhorter possesses to the greater degree. As light is the opposite of darkness so there are also dark spiritual energies as well....

Darkness - The opposite of energy and light would be absolute zero (Z) and darkness (d). Spiritually, this would generate absolute zero (Z) – Laziness, coldness, and hatred / darkness (d) – Fear, depression, greed, and sorrow.

Emotions are activity that happens with the interactions of light and darkness. Sorrowful events, such as what causes depression and joy can make us emotional. Joyful events such as what causes light, as when a favorite team wins, can cause us to get emotional. So the emotional tears can be results of the interaction with light or darkness, pertaining to the event. But... If there is no spiritual light or darkness there is also no emotion.

It is easy to become lobsided, too much emphasis on one or two parts and not taking into consideration the whole.

Soul=As the engine of a physical life.

Spirit=Emotional self and "personality".

Breath=Interlectual self.

Life=Supra-rational seat-the seat of will,
desire, commitment and faith.

Singularity=Connotes the essence of the soul- it,s unity
with its source,
the singular essence of God.

For the essence of the soul of man is "literaly" a part of God above-
a piece of God in us, so to speak.

(From the Masters)

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Spiritual light and energies by themselves and alone....

As light changes form when it passes through the prism, and disperses into unique wavelengths, so the light from heaven also changes form when it passes through humans, creating things unique to the planet earth.

english-mathematician-physicist-and-astronomer-author-of-the-theory-of-terrestrial-universal-attraction-here-dispersing-light-with-a-glass-prism-engraving-colorized-document-photo-by-apic_getty-images.jpg

We humans are variations spiritually of the true light and energy, and I cannot believe we can produce true spiritual light and energy without the help from God.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

As light changes form when it passes through the prism, and disperses into unique wavelengths, so the light from heaven also changes form when it passes through humans, creating things unique to the planet earth.

english-mathematician-physicist-and-astronomer-author-of-the-theory-of-terrestrial-universal-attraction-here-dispersing-light-with-a-glass-prism-engraving-colorized-document-photo-by-apic_getty-images.jpg

We humans are variations spiritually of the true light and energy, and I cannot believe we can produce true spiritual light and energy without the help from God.

"The real nature of man is originally good, but it becomes clouded by contact with earthly things and therefore needs purification before it can shine forth in its native clarity." - The IChing

Therefore the true spiritual light and energies, Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy), are best manifested in children. But can dissipate entirely away as adults if we are not careful, as it was said....

"When your rank is high in the world, then your vitality and spirit are depleted daily, eventually to become dissipated and not return to the body. When the vitality, spirit, will, and energy are calm, they fill you day by day and make you strong. Therefore the sages keep nurturing their spirit, make their energy gentle, and flow with the way. " - Lao-Tzu

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

I am a Lab Technician at a large factory and I have tried to experiment with the E/c2 theory with my co workers. I had an operator come to me saying he was thinking about suicide. I gave him the entire wrap, including the values of setting goals, avoiding darkness, and cleaving to a mental diet of light. I had told him that remembering good acronyms are also feathers in the hat.

Well... Weeks later I asked him how he was doing and he said great. Apparently one of my acronyms... BAD.... Took root with him for the good....

B - Backbone
A - Attitude
D - Direction

And before he left he looks at me all wild-eyed and says... I am Bad!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Well, I wish it wasn't so. Maybe it's just psychological and doesn't have to be. Although considering my spirituality was hinged on emotional empathy I can understand why my atheist lens isn't as effective.
Do you mean that you wish you could have true experiential knowledge/life/ with Yahweh the Creator ?

Upvote 0