Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont however think deliverance can be formulated, but it needs to be biblical and in the Spirit.

This was beautiful to watch and illustrates that there are no formulas - one has to be able to hear what God wants to do on each occasion.

Personally I dont think this can be taught.

AMEN and AMEN

A number of years ago, as a member of Pastoral staff, we were assigned visitation - always went with at least two. We were asked to visit an older lady at her home, she had been ill for quite a while and asked for someone to come pray for her. As we pulled in the driveway we could hear her screaming at the top of her lungs. It sounded like she was being killed. We stood back and were about to call the police when we saw her in her front window.

She yells - Who are you? To which we identified what church we were with. She invites us in and explains that when we pulled in the driveway it felt like something was cutting her with knives. The moment we stepped out of the car, it left. We led her to Christ, prayed for her to receive the Baptism of the Holy Ghost and invited her to church.

Sunday morning here she walks in looking like a completely different person. She testified of her salvation, Baptism in the Holy Spirit and complete healing.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No we are not.

We are called to follow Jesus, not our bibles. Our bible is not inserted between GOD and us, it's not an idol that we uplift or require GOD to speak from.

2 Timothy 3:14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Seems scripture would say otherwise.

GOD does use His word to teach us regularly, but we don't make fence laws and demand that GOD provide 2 or 3 specific examples first for us or else we don't believe Him.

Never said such a thing - submitting to God and honoring His Word as Holy is not making fence laws, nor is it demanding God provide anything. It is keeping us accountable.

Paul commended the Bereans for doing just that:

Acts 17:10 Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

At this point, I really think you should worry about your own salvation instead of others. It's only you that makes a fool out of yourself before GOD.

With all due respect, you do not know anything about me, my Salvation or ministry. This very rude and unmannerly jab is not worth responding to other than this:

I forgive you. I want you to know through Jesus Christ, I love you, I pray that you and your home and ministry is blessed.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AMEN and AMEN

A number of years ago, as a member of Pastoral staff, we were assigned visitation - always went with at least two. We were asked to visit an older lady at her home, she had been ill for quite a while and asked for someone to come pray for her. As we pulled in the driveway we could hear her screaming at the top of her lungs. It sounded like she was being killed. We stood back and were about to call the police when we saw her in her front window.

She yells - Who are you? To which we identified what church we were with. She invites us in and explains that when we pulled in the driveway it felt like something was cutting her with knives. The moment we stepped out of the car, it left. We led her to Christ, prayed for her to receive the Baptism of the Holy Ghost and invited her to church.

Sunday morning here she walks in looking like a completely different person. She testified of her salvation, Baptism in the Holy Spirit and complete healing.

Yes...

This reminds me of a young lady that was very disturbed, a heroin addict and under the control of a 'white magician'.
We were running an inner city ministry with an open house and were asked to take her in. We went to collect her from the Baptist City Mission because she was 'tearing the place apart'.
On arrival she calmed right down and was saying over and over "These men are from God"
She was seriously restored under our care and ministry and had Christmas with my elderly mother !!!
I cant help smiling remembering and writing this...

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes...

This reminds me of a young lady that was very disturbed, a heroin addict and under the control of a 'white magician'.
We were running an inner city ministry with an open house and were asked to take her in. We went to collect her from the Baptist City Mission because she was 'tearing the place apart'.
On arrival she calmed right down and was saying over and over "These men are from God"
She was seriously restored under our care and ministry and had Christmas with my elderly mother !!!
I cant help smiling remembering and writing this...

My favorite deliverance (make me tear up), happened in the visiting room at our local Veterans Hospital. An Elder from another church called me and asked if I would go pray for his son's healing. His son was in rehab for cocaine abuse. I asked his pastor for permission and was told - go ahead, we have given up on him, he never stays clean - hopeless.

We go over to the hospital and his eyes are leaking this orange mucus and he looks like death, just absolutely terrible. Long story short, he believed he committed the unpardonable sin and that God had left him when he was 15. He was praying one night because he had a lust that he kept falling into. He shared the following:

I was praying and asking God for what seemed the 1,000th time to forgive me when the room was filled with a blinding light. I couldn't look up, but I saw his feet in sandels and the wound on his hand as he pointed at me. I heard his words: You are hopelessly lost. The room was instantly dark and cold and I knew I had gone too far.
We shared scripture with him, showing what he saw was not God and then we knelt, the three of us right there in the visiting room. Asked God to forgive him, open his eyes and set him free. I still weep when I remember his dad holding him and weeping, thanking God for setting him free. When we finally stood up and he opened his eyes, they were clear and the color had returned to his face.

To this day - some 25 years or so, I still get notes from his dad sharing what they are doing - the boy is now a father of three, active in church and has NEVER used again.

• Winner
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Never said such a thing - submitting to God and honoring His Word as Holy is not making fence laws, nor is it demanding God provide anything. It is keeping us accountable.

Ahhhh,..... it's story time.

I've been here since 2005. Back then the only forum sections that were Spirit-filled were the Pentecostal section, the prophecy section, and this one. There wasn't a separate word of faith, charismatic, or charismatic catholic section.

This particular place became quite the wild west of spiritual battles, with bleed over from the prophecy section and others here. Rules were somewhat lenient back then, so other non-spirit filled sections also joined the bandwagon of fun. The amount of reports that were filed against people here was off the charts.

Many different viewpoints manifested during the teaching/scripture battles in this section, but one I remember distinctively was how some people created accountability for themselves by refusing to hear GOD speak outside of scripture. It was only when they read their bibles that they felt GOD was going to speak to them. In other words, their bible became an idol in between GOD and them that they demanded GOD speak from instead of directly to them. Prayer must of been really one sided with them speaking to GOD and refusing to listen, lol.

A lot of these folks did seem to come out of the word of faith following back then, so I figured someone along the line had twisted one of "dad" Hagin's viewpoints at Rhema into this.

The problems associated with this sort of "discipline" were numerous. They weren't really being led by The Holy Spirit, so their spiritual growth and maturity was stunted. Their scripture knowledge that they prided themselves with was quite immature and all over the place. Their understandings of the gifts was bonkers.

In the end they were unable to do the works of Jesus because they had refused The Holy Spirit's leading. They were like Spirit-filled baptists who still continued to refuse The Holy Spirit in a some weird way.

For anyone who is a born again Christian, it really comes down to this,...

Joh 14:12 Truly, truly, I say to you the one believing into Me, the works which I do, that one shall do also, and greater than these he will do, because I am going to My Father.

There is no disclaimer here. His example is to be manifested through us also, but that can't happen if GOD is limited to only talking to us through a bible.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is wonderful. Thank you for sharing. I have been a member since a 2006 and remember those wild days.

I also had the privilege of serving this site in two different staff positions both as chaplain and as a moderator for these forms. I was part of a group including @flaglady Probinson and who helped form and write the Forum SOP both here and the Word of Faith.

We should be free to express our beliefs without people flaming and insulting us. What we are not free of is civil conversation that might just include beliefs that differ.

Anyone is free to claim extra biblical beliefs, but if one comes along and states they believe something and then support that belief by quoting a specific scripture, and that quote is NOT what that scripture means, others are free to call them out on it.

In doing so, what we should not and cannot do is call the person a fool or question their salvation or try to make them look stupid.

The hardest thing we have as Brothers and Sisters in Christ is to let Iron Sharpen Iron. When it does, sparks always fly. The goal is to not let the sparks set each other on fire.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

After Staff Review

Thread is Now
Permanently Closed

RV: Topics Requiring Special Consideration

Requesting specific prayers for deliverance from demonic activity, or requesting advice on how to exorcise or bind demons is not allowed. Posts which attempt to exorcise or bind demons, or posts which give instructions on how to complete deliverance are not allowed. Members concerned about demonic activity/deliverance may speak with a CF Chaplain in the Ask a Chaplain forum.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.