Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Most Christians are aware to some extent that there is a war going on in the spiritual realm. It is fundamentally Satan against God. "Satan" means adversary. God has given the Church the responsibility of taking the fight to the devil and his evil host (Ephesians 6:10-17). God has already given us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Our role is to enforce the victory that is ours.

Conquest in war is a matter of occupying territory. Who rules the area where you live? Do you have low crime levels, low unemployment, relatively stable families and low poverty? If not, maybe you need to take action. We've seen definite changes in our city since we got active in spiritual warfare. It works.

What should we be doing? We pray and command along these lines
Put a curse on Satan's will and all his activities.
Ask God for His will to be done and His Kingdom to come.
Curse and bind the activities of the principalities and powers in our region.
Curse and bind the spiritual wickedness in the high places.
We ask God to rise up in all His power and scatter His enemies.
We ask God to remove from political office those that displease Him and replace them with those who please Him.
We curse and bind all the activities of all the operations of Satan through the occult.
We curse and bind Satan's activities as the god of this world that blind the eyes of those who are perishing.
We curse and bind all that leads Christians astray, false teachings and false manifestations that counterfeit the Holy Spirit.
We curse and bind the spirits behind false religions.

Other issues come up from time to time. You may find issues that relate specifically to your area.
Another great asset in spiritual warfare is unity in the Church. If local churches can forget their differences and unite in warfare, the kingdom of darkness will suffer great loss.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Don't curse, but bless. Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
Did I mention one human being? I did not say to curse Satan directly either. That is not acceptable. This is spiritual warfare. "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Don't curse, but bless. Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Jesus cursed. (Mark 11:12-14, Mark 11:20-25)

The lesson there is it is fine to curse things that aren't people made in God's image. (James 3:9)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
did not say to curse Satan directly

A very fine line to curse the will, activities etc and it is crossed when one curses the spirits behind false religion for that is ultimately the devil.

A far better course of action is to pray for the positive action and lifestyle seen in Christians around the world.
I suggest this simply because the motivation in our lives is the Love of and for Jesus.
Cursing is not part of that.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One time, I was hanging out with a summer program children's thing. A counselor was a lady, and about half the children Hispanic and it seemed they had two mothers with them, maybe to help translate, I thought. And the other half of the children were white. So, they had the one group play softball with the other, I would say so the Hispanic children could be directed by the mothers who spoke their language.

But those mothers did not just tell the children what to do > they were constantly feeding their children love and support, and their children seemed so energized and encouraged, no matter if they got bases and home runs or not; they were like a family of love together. But the other team's boys were not united, and they were breaking down about any little failures in their game.

And the group that played as family won.

I think it can be like this, in how we war against evil. In Jesus, we are family.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,292.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Most Christians are aware to some extent that there is a war going on in the spiritual realm. It is fundamentally Satan against God. "Satan" means adversary. God has given the Church the responsibility of taking the fight to the devil and his evil host (Ephesians 6:10-17). God has already given us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Our role is to enforce the victory that is ours.

Conquest in war is a matter of occupying territory. Who rules the area where you live? Do you have low crime levels, low unemployment, relatively stable families and low poverty? If not, maybe you need to take action. We've seen definite changes in our city since we got active in spiritual warfare. It works.

We ask God to remove from political office those that displease Him and replace them with those who please Him.
We curse and bind all the activities of all the operations of Satan through the occult.
We curse and bind Satan's activities as the god of this world that blind the eyes of those who are perishing.
We curse and bind all that leads Christians astray, false teachings and false manifestations that counterfeit the Holy Spirit.

Other issues come up from time to time. You may find issues that relate specifically to your area.
Another great asset in spiritual warfare is unity in the Church. If local churches can forget their differences and unite in warfare, the kingdom of darkness will suffer great loss.
I find when spiritual warfare is done poorly, the bad fortune is merely moved to another area.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ah, the irony of attacking spiritual warfare.

Part of any warfare, including spiritual warfare, is having a strategy from your commander and executing it. Cursing, blessing, binding, loosing and such can all be effective means of spiritual warfare as long as they are part of the Holy Spirit's strategy for the situation.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I find when spiritual warfare is done poorly, the bad fortune is merely moved to another area.
God gives the church the responsibility for a particular geographic area. If everyone does their bit, Satan has nowhere left to go. The problem is not that spiritual warfare is done poorly. It's not done enough.

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Ah, the irony of attacking spiritual warfare.

Part of any warfare, including spiritual warfare, is having a strategy from your commander and executing it. Cursing, blessing, binding, loosing and such can all be effective means of spiritual warfare as long as they are part of the Holy Spirit's strategy for the situation.
I can assure you that spiritual warfare is always the correct strategy. Some the most effective evangelists would send teams of praying people to the town where they were to preach next. The powers of darkness were rendered helpless before the preacher arrived in the town.

I have a slim book on the Welsh revival that began in about 1904. That revival was so effective that preaching the gospel became unnecessary. The vast majority of the Welsh were saved. It began with intercession and spiritual warfare by small groups of believers. Those people are like John the Baptist, preparing the way of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Lord I am in agreement with this prayer for my area and the area of others who pray this prayer for their area. In Jesus's holy name. Amen.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,292.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
God gives the church the responsibility for a particular geographic area. If everyone does their bit, Satan has nowhere left to go. The problem is not that spiritual warfare is done poorly. It's not done enough.
By poorly, I mean that I Know that a prayer "crusade" is going on in another part of the city but need to be elsewhere and notice that their warfare has simply displaced what they were casting out - once they stop, it will migrate back again.

A good example of removal of the effects of sin is when confession results in the negative effects it has on the creation in an area to actually cease.

I'm sure there are other good examples - the poor examples are a pet peeve since I am sensitive to the displacement factor.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can assure you that spiritual warfare is always the correct strategy. Some the most effective evangelists would send teams of praying people to the town where they were to preach next. The powers of darkness were rendered helpless before the preacher arrived in the town.

I have a slim book on the Welsh revival that began in about 1904. That revival was so effective that preaching the gospel became unnecessary. The vast majority of the Welsh were saved. It began with intercession and spiritual warfare by small groups of believers. Those people are like John the Baptist, preparing the way of the Lord.
I think you misunderstood me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus cursed. (Mark 11:12-14, Mark 11:20-25)

The lesson there is it is fine to curse things that aren't people made in God's image. (James 3:9)

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Amen. He whom the Lord curses is cursed indeed.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
A very fine line to curse the will, activities etc and it is crossed when one curses the spirits behind false religion for that is ultimately the devil.

A far better course of action is to pray for the positive action and lifestyle seen in Christians around the world.
I suggest this simply because the motivation in our lives is the Love of and for Jesus.
Cursing is not part of that.
When demons are active in a person or locality, you won't find it in scripture that we just pray positive stuff for Christians.
We are clearly instructed to fight the enemy, and cast the demons out from people or localities.
Eph6v10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
The above is a list of spiritual entities we expected to fight/wrestle with.

Cursing simple means speaking negative words against someone/thing, which is part of that wrestling with the enemy.

Upvote 0