Auckland
✟379,410.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Then Elisha prayed and said, “O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha...." 2 Kings 6:17

Herein lies the problem... Most folks have their eyes closed and do not see what is happening around them spiritually.

To see this is a gift.

Unfortunately the church has journey'd away from recognising the gift of the discernment of spirits because they are happy driving the car blind.

It is easy to say there is no need for spiritual warefare if you cant see it.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The spirit realm is not a human experience except good and evil spiritual influences. So I think enough attention is given in the bible. We have various stories about good and evil spirits affecting people in positive and negative ways. I like the bible stories. But as far as people trying to get into that, I think we can be easily misled that way.

What are you talking about? the devil wants to get a hold in people lives, and spiritual warfare is about, fighting the enemy, like in the bible, people have spiritual problems and christians need to have the authority and discernment to drive those oppressing and tormenting etc spirits off to the objective of being totally free and live the life Christ wants.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only here on this forum there is a lot of posts of the devil tormenting people, and a lot of posts are about 'see the phsycologist', the phsycologist can't help you except drugging you when the devil attacks you. The closer you want to be to God, the more evidence you will see of the devil trying to mess with you.
I'm not saying there is not problems that phsycologist can help with, but as christians fighting the enemy they can't help much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What are you talking about? the devil wants to get a hold in people lives, and spiritual warfare is about, fighting the enemy, like in the bible, people have spiritual problems and christians need to have the authority and discernment to drive those oppressing and tormenting etc spirits off to the objective of being totally free and live the life Christ wants.

I get a lot of spiritual interaction from good and evil beings throughout the day, but I usually just ignore them. But you say I shouldn't?

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I get a lot of spiritual interaction from good and evil beings throughout the day, but I usually just ignore them. But you say I shouldn't?

I don't know about you, but there is a lot people with spiritual problems and we need to have a solution to that as christians.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know about you, but there is a lot people with spiritual problems and we need to have a solution to that as christians.

Yes there are people like me that I've ran into here in the forums that get constantly buffeted from the devil, but I get good influences also. But if you find a way to stop the buffeting then please do share :)

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The spirit realm is not a human experience except good and evil spiritual influences. So I think enough attention is given in the bible. We have various stories about good and evil spirits affecting people in positive and negative ways. I like the bible stories. But as far as people trying to get into that, I think we can be easily misled that way.
Can you please explain further into you last sentence?

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Family,

Do you believe too much attention is given to Spiritual Warfare or too little?

~Natsumi Lam~
In general, I'd say far too little is focused on spiritual warfare and growth.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes there are people like me that I've ran into here in the forums that get constantly buffeted from the devil, but I get good influences also. But if you find a way to stop the buffeting then please do share :)

I can only speak of my case because all i experienced is that i got a lot of relief from a lot of sufferings by fighting the enemy off, as christians we shouldn't ignore this. I never helped someone with this except to inform them that the enemy is active and we can with the help of God fight them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can you please explain further into you last sentence?

Sure. 1 John 4:1-5 explains that we might be fooled by the spirits. And that would be a trick by the devil to convey mis-information. A warfare tactic in my opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sure. 1 John 4:1-5 explains that we might be fooled by the spirits. And that would be a trick by the devil to convey mis-information. A warfare tactic in my opinion.
I meant about the 7 fold if you try to place a curse on a christian.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree totally with your last sentence, ie. you are completely wrong!

If as you said, its just a product of wild imagination, why is it very dangerous?

Jesus regularly cast demons out. He also healed all sorts of diseases, men being born blind, or paralysed, leprosy, end death.
Never once did Jesus heal anyone from "mental illness", nor is there any mention of it in scripture!
Instead he cast out the demons that caused such mental illnesses.

You are hypothesising on a subject you admit to possess no knowledge and you are miles off target.

I have been casting demons out of Christians for over 40 years. There are all sorts of ways they can get access in a person's life. The most important issue is that Christians wake up to all the scripture reveals on the subject and cease trying to dismiss it to the fringes.
I think it might be enough to say that I stand by every single word of my post... especially when it comes to what you wrote right there.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

You realize this is a quote from a movie by a character referencing who is referencing himself, and who is played by an actor who has since been discovered to be a serial molester, right? There is no Biblical or even spiritual basis for this quote at all.

Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Family,

Do you believe too much attention is given to Spiritual Warfare or too little?

~Natsumi Lam~

I'd have to say both.

On one hand you have those who focus far too much on it and lose the focus of Jesus Christ alone, and on the other hand there are those that don't know much about Spiritual warfare because they don't know or understand Jesus.

In the end, Jesus Christ is key to everything written in the Bible. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if I had been in churches where it was brought up if I could have had relief from years of mental anguish. Maybe my fault as my first Pastor kinda crushed me when I went to him because I was struggling by telling me I would never be truly saved on meds. Just stop them and you will be fine....not the way to handle it.

Maybe if he had said I could fight the negative destructive thoughts with God’s Word, with prayer. If I had been told those lies that made me hate myself so much that I wanted to die where that...lies

The enemy uses lies to tell so many that they are nothing, useless, unwanted, unloveable, unsaveable.

The lies create anxiety, depression and so many horrible things. We can fight those lies!!! We have a whole beautiful book of Truth! We have a Father we can cry to, talk to, be open about all our problems ... and He loves us...even when the enemy says He doesn’t.

I’ve been a Christian since my early 20’s...mid 40’s now and within the last few years getting my life right because I know how to fight the battle that is happening every day!!

The enemy is real, the war is real but we have the most perfect way to kick his tail.

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You realize this is a quote from a movie by a character referencing who is referencing himself, and who is played by an actor who has since been discovered to be a serial molester, right? There is no Biblical or even spiritual basis for this quote at all.

Oh my, does this mean that the string of words together can never be used again, and that it cannot be applied here? And how does the actor's personal life have anything whatsoever to the lines scripted in a role he acted? It seems like every thread I see you on you're posting more nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I dont think he was trying to quote from the bible.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I wonder if I had been in churches where it was brought up if I could have had relief from years of mental anguish. Maybe my fault as my first Pastor kinda crushed me when I went to him because I was struggling by telling me I would never be truly saved on meds. Just stop them and you will be fine....not the way to handle it.

Maybe if he had said I could fight the negative destructive thoughts with God’s Word, with prayer. If I had been told those lies that made me hate myself so much that I wanted to die where that...lies

The enemy uses lies to tell so many that they are nothing, useless, unwanted, unloveable, unsaveable.

The lies create anxiety, depression and so many horrible things. We can fight those lies!!! We have a whole beautiful book of Truth! We have a Father we can cry to, talk to, be open about all our problems ... and He loves us...even when the enemy says He doesn’t.

I’ve been a Christian since my early 20’s...mid 40’s now and within the last few years getting my life right because I know how to fight the battle that is happening every day!!

The enemy is real, the war is real but we have the most perfect way to kick his tail.
I know for a fact in my own personal life that God can also uses meds to help ailments...i am sorry your pastor said that! You can be saved while on meds and even healed amen

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know for a fact in my own personal life that.God can also use meds to help ailments...i am sorry your pastor said that!
Yes meds can help. Please don’t think I was they can’t. Some have to have them. Some meds make things worse for some people.

Yes a Pastor telling a new Christian that was devastating. All stop on meds, of course a hospital stay.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes meds can help. Please don’t think I was they can’t. Some have to have them. Some meds make things worse for some people.

Yes a Pastor telling a new Christian that was devastating. All stop on meds, of course a hospital stay.
Oh i wasnt saying you said it wouldnt :) i was just sharing my personal experience.

I feel for you very much!

Upvote 0