Spiritual warfare prayers/Binding and Loosing Prayers & complete names of demons/devils

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello friends,

I have been in a Baptist church since I have been saved and would consider myself a cessationist, which is more aligned with reformed Baptist theology.

However I have been watching some very interesting beautiful videos on youtube of an ex-satanist, who got saved named John Ramirez.

I would like to hear from people who use the loosing and binding in prayers. Also how can I have spiritual warfare prayers.

Lastly I would like to have a list of all the demons/devils so I can specially target them in prayer.

Many Blessings,
Andy

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is sad you are a cessationist. Those of us who have sought and use the gifts do not need such names. We have the authority of Christ and that is enough.

I find that rude of your to say that It my beliefs are sad

I would like to hear from others regarding the above

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to hear from people who use the loosing and binding in prayers. Also how can I have spiritual warfare prayers.

Lastly I would like to have a list of all the demons/devils so I can specially target them in prayer.

Many Blessings,
Andy

Such things are nonsense.

The Bible never tells us to "bind" or "loose" things. And it certainly never tells us to "bind" or "rebuke" demons or the Devil.

The only time we're told that Christians have the power to bind and loose anything is in the context of church discipline, not prayer or spiritual warfare.

Take it from somebody who was caught up in the WoF movement for years: You're barking up the wrong tree.

Reactions: 2Timothy2:15
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟60,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Such things are nonsense.

The Bible never tells us to "bind" or "loose" things. And it certainly never tells us to "bind" or "rebuke" demons or the Devil.

The only time we're told that Christians have the power to bind and loose anything is in the context of church discipline, not prayer or spiritual warfare.

Take it from somebody who was caught up in the WoF movement for years: You're barking up the wrong tree.

Don't rebuke the devil?? don't rebuke spirits?? are you freaking kidding me? You let those things fly around in your life? The bible says, "Do not fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them".

Mark 16:17-18King James Version (KJV) (JESUS straight up said this bro)
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 16:
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Comment: This was during acts as well acts 16 and there are 7 periods of time and we happen to be in the 6th which is acts and are expected to live by the apostles doctrine as well, thus it's safe to conclude those that have a prayer life and fast life and are anointed by God should be casting them out too.

1 Thessalonians 5:17King James Version (KJV)
17 Pray without ceasing.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5King James Version (KJV)
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Lastly here's bind and loose

Matthew 16:19King James Version (KJV)

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

King James Version (KJV)

God isn't looking for a softy, he's looking for
soldiers... for warriors that are willing to fight the good fight of faith. I pray this encourages you to uh... and look at least develop a prayer life man if you don't have that at least, start there.

Also i'm not saying go out and rebuke demons...
especially if you don't have any experience with that, just right now focus on seeking God, just ask for guidance and an stronger understanding, god bless.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Don't rebuke the devil?? don't rebuke spirits?? are you freaking kidding me? You let those things fly around in your life? The bible says, "Do not fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them".

Mark 16:17-18King James Version (KJV) (JESUS straight up said this bro)
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 16:
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Comment: This was during acts as well acts 16 and there are 7 periods of time and we happen to be in the 6th which is acts and are expected to live by the apostles doctrine as well, thus it's safe to conclude those that have a prayer life and fast life and are anointed by God should be casting them out too.

1 Thessalonians 5:17King James Version (KJV)
17 Pray without ceasing.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5King James Version (KJV)
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Lastly here's bind and loose

Matthew 16:19King James Version (KJV)

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

King James Version (KJV)

God isn't looking for a softy, he's looking for
soldiers... for warriors that are willing to fight the good fight of faith. I pray this encourages you to uh... and look at least develop a prayer life man if you don't have that at least, start there.

Also i'm not saying go out and rebuke demons...
especially if you don't have any experience with that, just right now focus on seeking God, just ask for guidance and an stronger understanding, god bless.

So what is the order that I pray these things?

Can you list the order which one first?

What do you bind I assume the devil, and you loose what? angels?

Also what do I name out specifically, demons, devils, spirits, etc?

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟60,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So what is the order that I pray these things?

Can you list the order which one first?

What do you bind I assume the devil, and you loose what? angels?

Also what do I name out specifically, demons, devils, spirits, etc?

The other thing was a reply to a guy who claimed not to pray agianst yeah.

But anyway it depends.

1. In church= demonic possession is real and demons tend to naturally act up when JESUS is glorified in a particular location, was listening to a preacher who was prophesying and such after a message and the church rejoicing and he came across someone with one in the church.

Anyway at my church we dealt with demonic possession for a period of time, had one lady who would go to church with multiple demons, even had a lady slithering and hissing like a snake and we had to pray over her.

Advice for dealing with demons in church (this is for anyone reading)

A. Pray as soon as demon activity is identified especially if you're not saved, the demon can easily once cast out move on to you this tends to happen.

B . If anyone reading is a pastor or whatever send certain members outside if needed.

C. Declare the power you have in JESUS name and command the demon to come out. That's the order but how you pray depends on how you are led by the spirit. You don't have to specifically call out the demons name or anything, my pastor doesn't do that and he actually knows the names and all that stuff.

Things not to do in church with demons

A . Not pray

B . Conversate with the demon (JESUS himself was quick with it)

C . tell the devils in the church to come out...like call them out randomly and ask for them to attack so you can fight them. Don't do that as we see in the bible demons naturally act up whenever someone anointed by God or a group of people with the holy ghost start praying God or worshipping God or preaching. They can't help but feel the power of that name and they react.

D . Pray against a demon directly up close while in fear, you have to have an anointing and have confidence doing this.

E. Contemplate on an order or system to use against the demon is a no no. When a demon is manifesting itself you rush and deal with it (if you are truly saved if not just pray and let those who are saved and have the power of God deal with it) and let the spirit lead you and ensure you do the following, use jesus name, declare the power you have through God, speak against the devil and command it to come out, it's that simple it's biblical too.

F. Pray against a demon when you are dwelling in sin/darkness, or if you're dealing with the same sin that you're praying against. For example lets say you are dealing with homosexaulity, and you pray against a homosexaulity spirit... that's yeah not going to work. The bible even says "thou that committeth sin is of the devil" and I believe part of the reason John informs us of this is to let us know also that hey.... you're continuously sinning right now...you're not of God and thus if you try to repel demons they may just attach to you. You don't have the "these are the signs of them that believe" authority that JESUS mentions we have in matthew to cast out demons and take up serpents.

Loosing/binding is mentioned in the bible as a sort of "loose thing ironically" it's not specific, it simply refers to the power of God and authority of God that he was giving to peter and declaring over the church, and pointing to Peter as being the driver for the first church that shall have this power to through God perform miracles and such.

Praying against sin/demons/seducing spirits in prayer at home or just at church

Now this one is different because you're not dealing with demonic possession. This is how I pray usually unless the holy spirit leads otherwise.

Glorify God, deny myself, pray for him to lead me, pray against spirits and such (if led), pray for others/unsaved whatever, pray for what I need myself whether that be a job or something spiritual or whatever.

Now when it comes to praying against sin and such at home you're also led by the spirit but the difference is you can list each person you're praying for and pray against the spirit of depression, lust or whatever it may be. You can also list demons if led that are influencing those individuals.

Conclusion: Coming from a young guy who's entered the supernatural and dealt with some demons so far in my walk as a minister for christ I can tell you one thing.........confidence is key. Make sure you are confident and saved and sanctified and there aren't cracks in your walk, and i'm telling you you can handle the enemy. If any other questions just ask.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The other thing was a reply to a guy who claimed not to pray agianst yeah.

But anyway it depends.

1. In church= demonic possession is real and demons tend to naturally act up when JESUS is glorified in a particular location, was listening to a preacher who was prophesying and such after a message and the church rejoicing and he came across someone with one in the church.

Anyway at my church we dealt with demonic possession for a period of time, had one lady who would go to church with multiple demons, even had a lady slithering and hissing like a snake and we had to pray over her.

Advice for dealing with demons in church (this is for anyone reading)

A. Pray as soon as demon activity is identified especially if you're not saved, the demon can easily once cast out move on to you this tends to happen.

B . If anyone reading is a pastor or whatever send certain members outside if needed.

C. Declare the power you have in JESUS name and command the demon to come out. That's the order but how you pray depends on how you are led by the spirit. You don't have to specifically call out the demons name or anything, my pastor doesn't do that and he actually knows the names and all that stuff.

Things not to do in church with demons

A . Not pray

B . Conversate with the demon (JESUS himself was quick with it)

C . tell the devils in the church to come out...like call them out randomly and ask for them to attack so you can fight them. Don't do that as we see in the bible demons naturally act up whenever someone anointed by God or a group of people with the holy ghost start praying God or worshipping God or preaching. They can't help but feel the power of that name and they react.

D . Pray against a demon directly up close while in fear, you have to have an anointing and have confidence doing this.

E. Contemplate on an order or system to use against the demon is a no no. When a demon is manifesting itself you rush and deal with it (if you are truly saved if not just pray and let those who are saved and have the power of God deal with it) and let the spirit lead you and ensure you do the following, use jesus name, declare the power you have through God, speak against the devil and command it to come out, it's that simple it's biblical too.

F. Pray against a demon when you are dwelling in sin/darkness, or if you're dealing with the same sin that you're praying against. For example lets say you are dealing with homosexaulity, and you pray against a homosexaulity spirit... that's yeah not going to work. The bible even says "thou that committeth sin is of the devil" and I believe part of the reason John informs us of this is to let us know also that hey.... you're continuously sinning right now...you're not of God and thus if you try to repel demons they may just attach to you. You don't have the "these are the signs of them that believe" authority that JESUS mentions we have in matthew to cast out demons and take up serpents.

Loosing/binding is mentioned in the bible as a sort of "loose thing ironically" it's not specific, it simply refers to the power of God and authority of God that he was giving to peter and declaring over the church, and pointing to Peter as being the driver for the first church that shall have this power to through God perform miracles and such.

Praying against sin/demons/seducing spirits in prayer at home or just at church

Now this one is different because you're not dealing with demonic possession. This is how I pray usually unless the holy spirit leads otherwise.

Glorify God, deny myself, pray for him to lead me, pray against spirits and such (if led), pray for others/unsaved whatever, pray for what I need myself whether that be a job or something spiritual or whatever.

Now when it comes to praying against sin and such at home you're also led by the spirit but the difference is you can list each person you're praying for and pray against the spirit of depression, lust or whatever it may be. You can also list demons if led that are influencing those individuals.

Conclusion: Coming from a young guy who's entered the supernatural and dealt with some demons so far in my walk as a minister for christ I can tell you one thing.........confidence is key. Make sure you are confident and saved and sanctified and there aren't cracks in your walk, and i'm telling you you can handle the enemy. If any other questions just ask.

I don't want to cast out a demon, I just want to pray and protect my family. And keep evil spirits/demons away from my family.

I've never tried praying in this way

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟60,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't want to cast out a demon, I just want to pray and protect my family. And keep evil spirits/demons away from my family.

I've never tried praying in this way

I can't say I seek to cast out demons either but in a christian life demons/spirits can seep onto family members. It's happened to my brother and he's backslidden and praying for him.

The praying against spirits and such at home is for home prayer/protection. Now if you're whole family is saved and living for God then when it comes to family just pray protection over them and pray they and you continue to stay away from unclean things, that nothing touches them. I also pray for discernment so I can know if something is trying to seep into my life or a family member/friends life and God wants me to address it. Because when you're living for God and your family (as you seen with my brother) he will at least try to bring you/whoever else down.

In the end a strong christian should always pray for the unsaved at church or those other distant family members that are not living for God. That involves praying against satan at times if he has a hold over that family member or people at church. Even if your home is saved you most likely know a friend/someone at church who isn't and possibly under attack by the enemy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
PrettyBoyAndy, definitely understand your goals. Glad you are researching about this topic before pursuing.

There are various aspects such as:

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45 This is on an individual basis because "...out of a man." How do we/they avoid "...empty, swept, and garnished...?" You'll find different interpretations of this.

Also, urge you to read Engaging With Demons in the 2nd Heaven. Even though you may think I'm not involving second heaven. The authors give the possibility of some major problems -- we don't need to be fearful nor prideful about this but only proceed in spiritual warfare when clearly led by Yahweh.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
PrettyBoyAndy, definitely understand your goals. Glad you are researching about this topic before pursuing.

There are various aspects such as:

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45 This is on an individual basis because "...out of a man." How do we/they avoid "...empty, swept, and garnished...?" You'll find different interpretations of this.

Also, urge you to read Engaging With Demons in the 2nd Heaven. Even though you may think I'm not involving second heaven. The authors give the possibility of some major problems -- we don't need to be fearful nor prideful about this but only proceed in spiritual warfare when clearly led by Yahweh.

Thank you for this! I did not know about the differences between the three heavens.

I am constructing a prayer, but I will keep the 2nd heavens out of it -

so who do I pray against, for example if I want to I want to bind, do I bind satan, his demons and evil spirits?

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Will post about evil spirits, etc later, so this only addresses binding satan -

Yeshua, while on earth, didn’t bind satan but He did come to destroy the works of devil (I John 3:8). Of course, we know He came with a purpose and did that - plus He continues.

Even Michael, the archangel, said “Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.” (Jude 1:9)

Additionally, when the enemy is bound, it won’t be done by us (Luke 10:18; Eph 2:2; in the future Rev 20:1-3).

Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Will post about evil spirits, etc later, so this only addresses binding satan -

Yeshua, while on earth, didn’t bind satan but He did come to destroy the works of devil (I John 3:8). Of course, we know He came with a purpose and did that - plus He continues.

Even Michael, the archangel, said “Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.” (Jude 1:9)

Additionally, when the enemy is bound, it won’t be done by us (Luke 10:18; Eph 2:2; in the future Rev 20:1-3).

Thank you for walking me through this.

I agree with you and did have that in the back of my mind about Michael.

So I assume we should not bind or loose anything?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟25,275.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is sad you are a cessationist. Those of us who have sought and use the gifts do not need such names. We have the authority of Christ and that is enough.
I find that rude of your to say that It my beliefs are sad

I would like to hear from others regarding the above
It would be much ruder not to offer you an alternative. The use of these names has gotten many would-be exorcists possessed, and that is the reason I posted it. Also, be advised that there is a specific CF rule about posting details of such prayers.

Christian Forum Rules | Christian Forums Rule 7 under "topics requiring special consideration: Posts which attempt to exorcise or bind demons, or posts which give instructions on how to complete deliverance are not allowed.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It would be much ruder not to offer you an alternative. The use of these names has gotten many would-be exorcists possessed, and that is the reason I posted it. Also, be advised that there is a specific CF rule about posting details of such prayers.

Christian Forum Rules | Christian Forums Rule 7 under "topics requiring special consideration: Posts which attempt to exorcise or bind demons, or posts which give instructions on how to complete deliverance are not allowed.
'

I still don't understand what your trying to say...

Are you saying it's dangerous don't do this?

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟60,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
'

I still don't understand what your trying to say...

Are you saying it's dangerous don't do this?
I believe he's saying when casting out or dealing with the demonic it's best not to call out the name of the demon makes sense logically though. When you call on the name of JESUS you see the manifestation of his glory of his power, calling on a demons name could do the same thing. Personally i've never been led to call out a demons name and neither has my pastor and he actually is familiar with a lot of the names. Also it helps to quote scriptures too that's very important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(My husband grew up in the Baptist church, too). When we become believers, we're on a battlefield. "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." (I John 2:16). Yahweh's instructions are to take every thought captive (II Cor 10:5) and renew our minds with His Word (Rom 12:2).

Read numerous interpretations of the Matt 12:43-45 Scriptures. For me, not to be “empty, swept and garnished” means to realize that Yahweh’s main purpose is for us (spirit, soul, and body) to turn to Him and His Word (I Thess 5:23). This is on an individual basis because we shouldn’t try to make that decision for another believer.

Many Scriptures have more than one explanation and believe that we need to look at Jewish perspectives to have a better understanding of many Scriptures. For your consideration, an explanation of binding and loosing is at http://www.jerusalemperspective.com/2433/

Also, there's so many things about the spirit world we don't understand. Surprised to find this Scripture that states Daniel's prayer was delayed for 21 days "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia." Daniel 10:13

Since “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Heb 4:12), believe in praying Scripture such as:
Intercessory Prayer: How to Build a Bridge and Intercede for Others
https://www.missionariesofprayer.org/2010/11/psalm-91-prayer-hedge-protection/
How to Cover Your Child in Prayer (no matter their ages).

Again, we don't need to be fearful nor prideful about this but only proceed in spiritual warfare when clearly led by Yahweh.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0