Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is important that this is spread around as much as possible as this will be needed so much for dealing with this year. I know most of you guys are in lockdown so you should have more than enough time to spend with the Lord. Now is time to get serious for new and all Christians.

I wrote this for my self because I have been back sliding so much in my life its not funny, I have been ignoring God so much and focusing on worldly matters so much that I have become my old self again.

So if you are a New Christian or a struggling Christian then this knowledge is my gift to you. We are all soldiers of God in the war called life. I want you during this time to think of your self as Gods solider of righteousness and peace.

Week 1Father, Son, Holy Spirit) Helmet of Salvation and Shield of Faith (Getting on track with God)

week 1 will be the week I will do my best to chase after God with every bit of my might and strength, I will mainly spend this week praying with God as much as I can and focusing on the love part of being a Christian.

Week 2: (Spiritual Warfare) Shoes, Gospel of peace and Chest plate of Righteousness, Sword of the Spirit (FAST)

This will be a week dedicated to spiritual warfare and asking the Lord to cleanse me of my faults, I must focus on what is blocking my peace from the Lord, and its clear that it is sin that blocks our peace. While I am doing this I will do a one week fast of all junk food and any drink that is not water. (Focus on Sins blocking peace and joy)

Week 3: (Jesus) Truth

In my last week I will spend my entire week learning about Jesus and reading the gospels about him, learning how he was like and what I believed and wanted us to do in our life and what he did not want us to do. I will look at the stuff he did and memorise Jesus commandments as much as I can. I will be sticking to the Gospels for this one.

I know a lot will say put the truth week before the Spiritual warfare, but Spiritual warfare is extremely important. The last week is suppose to be a relaxing and fun one learning about Jesus.

Make copies of this and send it to your friends and family, we have 3 weeks of January left and ask as much people if they want to join in on this.

• Prayers
Reactions: sunlover1

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am not sure the citation of equipment listed in Ephesians 6 for spiritual warfare can easily easily translates into a weekly regime.

I see it more as illustrative of function. It is interesting to note that the objective is not victory but to "stand". To this end the equipment listed is all defensive except the sword of the Spirit (the word of God).

We can see an example of how this is used in Luke 4 when Jesus deals with Satan.

Since wielding the "sword" requires knowing the word of God, this would seem a priority (immersion in and absorbing the word of God).

• Agree
Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Be careful with this warfare stuff. I once was with a group of high school football players who was in search of a Satanic cult who had trapped other classmates inside their iron fence for being stupid and driving into their area. You might think an entire team of football players would be a credible force, but for the fortunate of God, we never found that cult group due to a storm that came up and made it difficult to find anything that night. I was not about to be the one to drive through those gates, but some guy was and most of us were going along to watch, but fortunately God saw to it that we never found them. That same night, we stopped to get gas to head back home and the convenience store owner asked what 7 carloads of guys were doing roaming about their mountain late at night, and when we told them the truth, they told us we were lucky we did not find them, because they said this cult was very real and carried full automatic weapons and did not mess around. Not suggesting this is the spirtual warfare that happens most often in the unseen world of demons, but it serves as a warning to be careful to what you are messing around with. I've seen a Satanic bible too from a distance, and something repelled me and terrified me about it. I found myself a mile away running through a field to get away from that crazy group and never in the rest of my time in college did i set foot in that dorm again. Same deal with Ojui cards and other things Wiccans mess around with. Most of it might be fanciful imaginations and harmless, but knowing my luck I'd find the one that was really associated with a demon, and like the Jews who tried to exorcise the demon without being saved, came out naked and bleeding.

• Agree
Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Rather than "spiritual warfare training", what new converts need is a solid foundation of Christian teaching, grounded Christian catechesis and faithful liturgy that makes Christian doctrine plain and accessible both for the new convert as well as the life-long believer.

In this there can be helping all of us, new and seasoned alike, bring our energies toward lives of prayer and repentance.

Is is here, in our faith, in our prayer, with the Gospel as our armor against the fiery arrows of the evil one, that we stand ready against such assaults. Taking refuge in the shield of our faith expressed in the Creed, standing firm in the hope of the Gospel, the promises of God being our strength.

The devil is a craven liar, as a Lutheran I am reminded of Luther's quip, "Sometimes I chase [the devil] away with a fart." In the most famous Lutheran hymn, A Mighty Fortress, we sing the words,

"And though this world, with devils filled,
Should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for God hath willed
His truth to triumph through us:
The Prince of Darkness grim,
We tremble not for him;
His rage we can endure,
For lo! his doom is sure,
One little word shall fell him.
"

One little word shall fell him. Speak the truth, the devil shall cower. Call him a liar, and his power is robbed from him.

He is a small, broken, little man.

Make the sign of the cross, confess Christ as Lord, and not even the deepest darkest powers of hell can prevail--for Christ has already judged them and has been raised victoriously over them.

Old hell lay in ruin. The devil bound in shackles. Death has been crushed under the broken doors of Hades. Jesus Christ is risen.

Therefore, as our Lord reminds us, "Do not rejoice because the demons are subject to you, but rejoice because your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:20)

"That word above all earthly powers,
No thanks to them, abideth;
The Spirit and the gifts are ours
Through Him who with us sideth:
Let goods and kindred go,
This mortal life also;
The body they may kill:
God’s truth abideth still,
His Kingdom is forever.
"

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0