Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Donasta!

I have been doing a teaching in my church called Walking in Christ. It has several subsections.

This past Wednesday I taught on pride, a sin which is often trips Christians. I also showed many references which teach the principle of exaltation by way of humility, and Jesus' instructions that we are to be servants.

God is so amazing. In the middle of that it was apparent that the Holy Spirit was there. He is so good.

I think that our churches need to be taught this. Obedience by way of humility is so essential to effective ministry.

Our church has been experiencing--I don't know what to call it--a mini revival? Last Sunday our pastor preached seven minutes, but the service was four hours long. Our pastor had excused us a little before 12:00; people stayed until 2:30 PM. The Holy Spirit was there, and people were being blessed. It was so amazing.

Upvote 0

JesusChristChick

Servant of God Almighty
Mar 25, 2008
I am from Michigan.
✟20,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Ariel!
I am in agreement with ya.....

No longer do we please ourselves, but we live to please Christ (2 Corinthians 5:15; 1 Corinthians 6:20). Paul tells us, "Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness" (Romans 6:19).

Be blessed in Him!
Our Jesus so rocks!!!!

Upvote 0

Donasta

Apr 29, 2007
✟7,981.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello Donasta!

I have been doing a teaching in my church called Walking in Christ. It has several subsections.

This past Wednesday I taught on pride, a sin which is often trips Christians. I also showed many references which teach the principle of exaltation by way of humility, and Jesus' instructions that we are to be servants.

God is so amazing. In the middle of that it was apparent that the Holy Spirit was there. He is so good.

I think that our churches need to be taught this. Obedience by way of humility is so essential to effective ministry.

Our church has been experiencing--I don't know what to call it--a mini revival? Last Sunday our pastor preached seven minutes, but the service was four hours long. Our pastor had excused us a little before 12:00; people stayed until 2:30 PM. The Holy Spirit was there, and people were being blessed. It was so amazing.
ok thanks. I guess I was wondering why you hadn't posted anything new?

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ok thanks. I guess I was wondering why you hadn't posted anything new?

Good question!

I've just been busy. I have developed several more sets of notes since I posted what's here. I guess I need to post some of those.

Thanks for asking. :hug:

Upvote 0

JesusChristChick

Servant of God Almighty
Mar 25, 2008
I am from Michigan.
✟20,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everybody!

I was just thinking about the popular saying of,
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I can not change,
the courage to change the things that I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."

Be so blessed in Him~

Reactions: Ariel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elshevia

Feb 29, 2008
England
✟9,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I would like to thank Ariel, for alowing me to write the following which I believe is important, for all believers I call it The Mustard Seed,

If you have the Faith of a Mustard seed you can say to a mountain be removed to yonder place: and it shall remove: and nothing shall be impossible for you. Matthew 7:20. what is the Lord actually saying to us, can we actually move a mountain, or is He saying something deeper about our faith IN HIM: nowhwere in the new Testiment
does it say that Jesus removed a Mountain. Now I do believe he could have done so
but that as not His Purpose, He came here to take back what Adam lost, to show us the way back to the Father, and to believe in what He said.

If we believe the word of God, and have accepted the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and are reading and hearing the Word, then I believe we do have at least the Faith of a mustard seed!. So why does the mountain not move is it an {analogy} a similitude of relations, is it some terrible illness: or am I saying I know He heals, but not me! not me: in your heart, well Faith is not your " Religion ". Or a state of mind
Faith is more than belief, it is beliving that we already have, and saying it publicly

Faith is believing that God has already done something, because His Word said He would!. You see Faith is not something that you have, its something that you have to use, { James 2:14-22. for yourself and others.

Prayer.

Holy Father, I thank you for your Word, that says by His stripes we are healed, I choose to believe that your healing Power went to work in my body the very instant I believed your Word, Jesus Christ is Lord over my life, Spirit, Soul, and body I have recieved the power of God to make me sound, whole, delivered, saved, and healed.
Sickness Disease Pain, I resist you in the Name of Jesus of Nazareth, you are not the will of God, I enforce the Word of God on you, I will not tolerate you in my life, my days of sickness and disease are over! Jesus bore my sickness, weekness and pain, I
am forever free, Father I thank you for watching over your word to perform it on my behalf, I thank you and Praise you IN Jesus Name I Pray. Amen.

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen, Elshevia!

That is a good word. Yes, faith is something we use. We believe and then we receive.

Our God is good, and He is faithful to perform His Word.

I believe what helps me the most is to get as close to God as I can, to pray and to listen. God can speak then through His Word, or even directly into my heart. I know it is Him by the fruit of that word He has spoken in me. When God speaks, He always comes with peace, also His word in me is good, and lines up with the Word of God, James 3:17-18.

Then I use whatever He says to claim my healing, or an answer to prayer. First I listen, then I believe for what He says. I've used this in intercessory prayer--I say, "Father, you showed me this in prayer, so now I am believing for it."

God is good. He will do what He says. First we wait and listen. When He speaks, then we believe. He will act.

Be blessed this day!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.