Louisiana
✟7,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe our spiritual health must be first and then God will bless us with physical health. I'm in my 60's and I have just started caring about my physical health as I am getting older. I've been a Christian for over 20 years and it amazes me I just started caring for being healthier. I live in Louisiana and we love Cajun food and many just love to eat. I know there will be critics, they will say 'you are getting older and now concerned about your health'. Well, I believe that God has been maturing me spiritually and now He has shown me how important our health is in His eyes.

We all have our own little issues in life, but our Heavenly Father does care. Many years I have been exercising and have been keeping my weight down. I weighed close to 300lbs. at one time in life. Years ago I hitch hiked all over the countryside for about 3 years and was searching for something in life. I settled down in Colorado a few years and started going to church. I then discovered that I needed something within to change. I was searching for several years for something and didn't realize I needed Jesus.

I'm very thankful for finding "Life", because Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I now have more compassion and have decided to let God have control over my physical life. We all try to do things through our own abilities and always "fail". But our Lord Jesus says' He will never leave us or forsake us'. Our Heavenly Father will not fail us, but man and the world will fail us. There are way too many people that put their trust in others and don't trust God. But our Heavenly Father loves us and we need to put our full trust in Him.

Faith is the substance of things "hoped' for and the evidence of things not yet seen. We must fight the good fight of Faith, and know the Author of our Faith. Those that believe and trust in Him will be "overcomers'. The Holy Spirit is waiting for many believers to ask for "ministering angels" too be assigned. There are many Angels unemployed, and everyone can have those appointed. If we ask for direction in our faith walk, we can discern from the angel of light. Because the Lord did say that the devil comes as an angel of light. Jesus said "my sheep will know my voice".

So, let us all stand strong in our Faith and seek first the kingdom of God and His Righteousness and all things will be added unto us. There are too many that listen to garbage and the news and we are too speak God's Word and live as True Christians. We must have the treasures of heaven in our heart when we speak. Everyone can have a touch from Heaven here on Earth. Let us all be a walking testimony for the Kingdom of God. We can be "Kingdom Men and Kingdom Women".

Last edited:

Tony Eric

Oct 24, 2017
Loomis,CA
✟15,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Private
Nice experience of yours. Yes, We have to take care of ourselves for being healthier. We need to keep our mind calm and cool. For that, we can do yoga, meditation and also read some healing inspirational poetry like Roots Poetry. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I believe our spiritual health must be first and then God will bless us with physical health. I'm in my 60's and I have just started caring about my physical health as I am getting older. I've been a Christian for over 20 years and it amazes me I just started caring for being healthier.
There are, btw, spiritually alive and mature, spiritually dead and not seeking,
spiritually weak and limping, etc etc
both physically healthy (which is still relatively rare today, in regardless of all else)
and physically deteriorating , which is very common, and escalating by plan.

It is a good day to start thinking healthy, yes, for everyone.
It is not an easy journey, and you will find neighbors, family, church members and leaders, government employees and agencies, even doctors and medical aides
all opposed to your journey to find the truth; exactly as written in Scripture.

(and mostly because of $$ $$$ $$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$$ $$$$ $$$$ )

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True. Health is a very personal issue and is best kept that way (except for sharing on the forums of course). As the world continues to sicken and die it would like nothing better than for you to sicken and die with it. "Misery loves company".

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Health is a very personal issue and is best kept that way (except for sharing on the forums of course).
? ha ha ? as if put things on the forum that no one else in 'church' or at work even has a hint about ?
or others who might have a way of 'healing' if only they knew what someone was going thru (from cancer to migraines to ms to asthma to arthritis , etc etc etc)
(and now (finally) publicly released the cure for hepatitis ) (that Native Americans and other 'tribes' around the world had for hundreds of years , btw, often FOR FREE! (not costing an arm and a leg!!! ) ) )

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
? ha ha ? as if put things on the forum that no one else in 'church' or at work even has a hint about ?
or others who might have a way of 'healing' if only they knew what someone was going thru (from cancer to migraines to ms to asthma to arthritis , etc etc etc)
(and now (finally) publicly released the cure for hepatitis ) (that Native Americans and other 'tribes' around the world had for hundreds of years , btw, often FOR FREE! (not costing an arm and a leg!!! ) ) )

Disease and healing is another topic.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Disease and healing is another topic.
Yes! But it should not be considered a 'very personal issue' AND posted on ANY forum. (on the internet should be the LAST PLACE to put personal info).

By hiding disease and healing, in church even, MANY people end up SUFFERING needlessly for decades perhaps, or dying unnecessarily,
as it is written "FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE, MY people perish" ....

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes! But it should not be considered a 'very personal issue' AND posted on ANY forum. (on the internet should be the LAST PLACE to put personal info).

By hiding disease and healing, in church even, MANY people end up SUFFERING needlessly for decades perhaps, or dying unnecessarily,
as it is written "FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE, MY people perish" ....

The topic is health, not disease. Most will sympathize with a sick person but will oppose your ideas about true health, whether members of a church or not. That's why such people are called health "freaks". One such man in my church kept pushing a certain brand of supplements whenever he got in a conversation about health, and many avoided him for this reason. At 85 he was the captain of his ski patrol section at a nearby ski hill. His wife of 75 was also a skier. He was active into his 90's when he succumbed to a heart attack.

Upvote 0