Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HappyHope you asked a series of questions and I would like to add my two sense for what its worth. I speak from experience only.

1) Does the use of one's spiritual gifts sometimes affect him/her physically? I believe so to the extent what one does or fails to do effects us.

2) Do spiritual gifts sometimes build and get stronger with maturity/over time? Again I strongly expect so. St. Teresa Avila created a parable about this based on bringing water for a garden. It began with lugging a bucket down hill to the steam, filling it and bring it back over and over again to water the garden. It ended with building a water wheel which took great effort but once built the water ran freely. I forget the middle two but each level toward the water wheel required more effort than going up and down the hill but less effort when done.

I believe using our spiritual gifts is the same, we need to build that conduit to HaMoshiach which get easier the more you work at it.

3) Is it OK to be a bit in awe or even overwhelmed regarding one's spiritual gifts on occasion?

Yes in fact I find that normal. I often cannot understand how I saw something in the Scriptures, It almost feels like someone else told me if that makes sense.

4) How much do/should spiritual under currents dominate one's world?

As much as He calls this too and as much as your capable of receiving.

5) Should one simply sit on information given in dreams or in bits of knowledge until it becomes clearer? Or is it best to ask more qualified people to help you interpret?

I tend to go back to the source first. Then if confirmation comes forth I take it first to my husband and then to our local priest.

6) What churches would you recommend that recognize the spiritual gifts?

Let me know if you find one, so far I seen little interest in what I see.

7) Or how does one get a mentor or support structure along these lines?

Years ago this was our local priest. I asked him and he agreed to help me. He was a very good and holy man and I miss him.

8) Is it Ok or even best to keep personal revelations from the Lord about one's life to himself/herself?

If it is personal then by all means keep it to ourseves but if it for another outside your family this might need to come out. Only HaShem, Praise be He, knows.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1) Does the use of one's spiritual gifts sometimes affect him/her physically?

Greetings, and excellent questions. Yes. When it comes to interpretation, it weights on you mentally, especially if you do a lot of it. It gets easier and easier to make errors and assumptions the more dreams and visions you are interpreting, and it can eventually tax you out completely. As a matter of fact, a sister of mine had a dream related to this, and that I was like an old tractor that was being driven and worked so hard that the wheels were coming off of it. I can attest that that is the way I have ended up feeling on several occasions.
2) Do spiritual gifts sometimes build and get stronger with maturity/over time?

Absolutely they do. Not only do you get more sensitive to the Spirit and to His leading, and also more confident in simply stepping out in faith when you keep seeing things confirmed, but you also keep gaining more experience, and as they say experience is the best teacher (excluding the Holy Spirit, of course, but He's the one who becomes your Teacher in the gifts).
3) Is it OK to be a bit in awe or even overwhelmed regarding one's spiritual gifts on occasion?

I hope so, LoL. I'm beside myself lately.
4) How much do/should spiritual under currents dominate one's world?

Not sure I understand this question, but I read Job3315's response to this one and I pretty much agree with it if that's what you're asking. It should be natural to the Spirit-filled Christian's life that in the Spirit they live and move and have their being.
5) Should one simply sit on information given in dreams or in bits of knowledge until it becomes clearer? Or is it best to ask more qualified people to help you interpret?

Wow is this a serious question, and one that would take some time to answer. I may have to give the short version to save space, but on your last question, the problem is that most Christians are unfortunately not well equipped to interpret. Some argue against that notion, but it is simply my experience from interpreting for hundreds of different people that most are at a loss. They don't have discernment (which is key to even get off the ground with proper interpretation), let alone a strong knowledge of the word and Biblical teachings and symbolism. So most either
1. Need help, or
2. Can expect to expend a great deal more time and energy in prayer and study before the meaning is made available to them. Sort of like if you wanted to change out the engine on your car. Those with a mechanic's experience could do it, though it would take work; those who have at least some experience at things like changing oil and brakes and belts would have a little confidence they could do it, but they'd have a lot of things to search through and learn; and then those who have never worked on anything car related before, who would really be facing an uphill battle. But all things are possible with God.

But as far as "sitting" on dreams, no. They won't become clearer unless you ask the Holy Spirit to reveal it to you, regardless of whether you are gifted at interpretation or not.
6) What churches would you recommend that recognize the spiritual gifts?

None, unfortunately, though there may be some good ones out there. I just don't know of them.
7) Or how does one get a mentor or support structure along these lines?

Mentoring won't work if you don't have the gift. It's like when people teach guitar or singing. You can improve someone's skills if they actually have talent, but if they don't, you can spend a year straight teaching them things, but they will still not get very far.
8) Is it Ok or even best to keep personal revelations from the Lord about one's life to himself/herself?

All depends, of course. The more personal, the more you should be weary of simply sharing them with just anyone. But then it depends on the person you will be sharing it to, as well. Some you can trust, and some you cannot, and some you just have to take a leap of faith with and hope you can trust them with what you are sharing.

Hope some of this helps, and very interesting thread discussion.
- H

Upvote 0