New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1) Does the use of one's spiritual gifts sometimes affect him/her physically?

2) Do spiritual gifts sometimes build and get stronger with maturity/over time?

3) Is it OK to be a bit in awe or even overwhelmed regarding one's spiritual gifts on occasion?

4) How much do/should spiritual under currents dominate one's world?

5) Should one simply sit on information given in dreams or in bits of knowledge until it becomes clearer? Or is it best to ask more qualified people to help you interpret?

6) What churches would you recommend that recognize the spiritual gifts?

7) Or how does one get a mentor or support structure along these lines?

8) Is it Ok or even best to keep personal revelations from the Lord about one's life to himself/herself?

My apologies if these questions come out sounding whiny in any way. I might have had too much caffeine today.

In Christ,
HappyHope

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Daniel Marsh

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It should not. There are a lot of counterfeit manifestations that involve physical effects

It's not that the gift(s) get stronger, the gifted one may become more confident about the gift

3) Is it OK to be a bit in awe or even overwhelmed regarding one's spiritual gifts on occasion?
It's not surprising if we are are in awe, until we realise that it really has nothing to do with us - it's a gift. The danger is that we obsess over the gift and forget about the Giver

We need to be careful to live as normally as possible. Let's not give Satan any glory. We need to be Kingdom of God minded and Christ centred. Jesus is Lord of all!

5) Should one simply sit on information given in dreams or in bits of knowledge until it becomes clearer? Or is it best to ask more qualified people to help you interpret?
Excellent question. Pray for wisdom. It will depend on how the Lord leads you. Sometimes we need to speak, other times it is so we can pray about the situation.

Pass.

Ask God. Ask a spiritual person to pray for you also. I was utterly independent and my pastor prayed that I would have a mentor (it was not him as he was moving on). I did not want a mentor. I trusted no one, not even myself. About 5 years later, I met the man that was to mentor me for over 30 years.

8) Is it Ok or even best to keep personal revelations from the Lord about one's life to himself/herself?
Generally, yes. Think of Joseph stirring up his brothers. God worked it out for the best, but Joseph did not help himself. There are Christians that are trustworthy. Ask for wisdom and share only with those the Lord shows you that you can trust.

My apologies if these questions come out sounding whiney in any way. I might have had too much caffeine today.
Caffeine is better for you than wine. At least, that's what the Baptists say.

In Christ,
HappyHope

Upvote 0

Saint JOHN

May 5, 2017
Adelaide
✟20,848.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
1)... Yes; it is God using what he has given you by the Holy Ghost. You have all gifts but you will allow the one or more as you grow in him at your preference; like a child grows and is comfortable with mathematics or art etc becomes good at what they prefer.

2)... Yes as in (1).. you become accustomed to using them.

3)... Yes ! the gifts are Gods but at your discretion ,its the way God speaks to his people now.
(warning.. discernment. If they do not align with the word of God fully reject.)
( they primarily used in the church for edification, instruction etc)

4)... Once you receive the Holy Ghost/Spirit (with the biblical evidence of speaking in tongues, just like the first churches and throughout Acts; even now ;NOT RELIGIOUS TYPES) this way must increase and your natural decrease.

Joh 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

new test command...don't be religious mans way..

truth ..eg.. Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
pray in the Spirit..1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

5).. be careful this is usually for personal use, seek advice from Pastor, the natural mind vs the spiritual mind.

6).. that is tricky (not many preach the FULL GOSPEL ((no spirit, or not for all !!??etc)
I shudder to use the term Pentecostal (acts 2 v4 v38 etc) many are NOT (see above truth and spirit) many just wanna bees just be nice and faith or grace or confess ( say the same as or agree with ,which they don't !!!) many other ways NOT Gods prescribed way, there own to varying levels..(acts 2v4,38 etc)..

in Europe Asiatic/Australia Africa India Canada..usa !?? Revival Centre Churches but it doesn't matter about the name or titles ..preaching the FULL SALVATION MESSAGE not just religious there own way..

mark16v16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

this is what happens upon REAL contact with God. You get it all !
these signs follow true believers not those who don't or have there own ways or excuses ...
this how you know your in the right place.

Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

if Gods says this and someone makes excuses or says something else this is anti ..God.. anti Christ !!

there are many smiley happy people who will offer help to varying degrees and don't believe in God at all..so its not about that !

7)..usually God himself by the Spirit will aid you but if needed seek a pastor;

8)..see 5)

Reactions: HappyHope
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Short answers:

Yes it can, at times. (could tell some crazy stories here)

Absolutely. The "power" doesn't get stronger, because it's God's power. But our experience, authority and trust build and make us more effective.

Yep, since the gifts come from God, we should have awe and reverence for them.

Paul encouraged many times to "walk in the Spirit", so yes. However, that doesn't just mean gifts. It also means walking in love, walking in wisdom, discernment, and all other Godly principles at the same time. Plus, flowing in the gifts doesn't me we ignore basic common sense. If all those things are in balance (or reasonably so, since none of us is perfect) then we are doing alright.

Both. This one would depend greatly on the content of the dream. Sometimes they come with a sense of urgency. I that case I would for sure ask trusted people to help interpret or guide... but don't tell just anyone. That didn't work out well for Joseph.

I'm not an expert on what church believes what, except my own :), but I do know that Christian International both recognizes the gifts and trains people to operate in them.

Best way is if there is local church active and flowing in the gifts and in wisdom & order. Not everyone can find that. With technology there are now ways to connect to churches or networks from a distance. The degree of support can vary greatly. The best advice I can give is to search until you find something that feels like "home" or "a fit", find someone/organization that flows in the spirit the way you desire to and learn as much as you can.

For sure. It makes it all the more powerful when God confirms it through someone else, which eventually always seems to happen.

Good questions!

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Short answers:

Absolutely. The "power" doesn't get stronger, because it's God's power. But our experience, authority and trust build and make us more effective.

Paul encouraged many times to "walk in the Spirit", so yes. However, that doesn't just mean gifts. It also means walking in love, walking in wisdom, discernment, and all other Godly principles at the same time. Plus, flowing in the gifts doesn't me we ignore basic common sense. If all those things are in balance (or reasonably so, since none of us is perfect) then we are doing alright.

Both. This one would depend greatly on the content of the dream. Sometimes they come with a sense of urgency. I that case I would for sure ask trusted people to help interpret or guide... but don't tell just anyone. That didn't work out well for Joseph.

I'm not an expert on what church believes what, except my own :), but I do know that Christian International both recognizes the gifts and trains people to operate in them.

Best way is if there is local church active and flowing in the gifts and in wisdom & order. Not everyone can find that. With technology there are now ways to connect to churches or networks from a distance. The degree of support can vary greatly. The best advice I can give is to search until you find something that feels like "home" or "a fit", find someone/organization that flows in the spirit the way you desire to and learn as much as you can.

For sure. It makes it all the more powerful when God confirms it through someone else, which eventually always seems to happen.

Good questions!
Thanks for replying on my behalf, saved me the time.

Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1)... Yes; it is God using what he has given you by the Holy Ghost. You have all gifts but you will allow the one or more as you grow in him at your preference; like a child grows and is comfortable with mathematics or art etc becomes good at what they prefer.

2)... Yes as in (1).. you become accustomed to using them.

3)... Yes ! the gifts are Gods but at your discretion ,its the way God speaks to his people now.
(warning.. discernment. If they do not align with the word of God fully reject.)
( they primarily used in the church for edification, instruction etc)

4)... Once you receive the Holy Ghost/Spirit (with the biblical evidence of speaking in tongues, just like the first churches and throughout Acts; even now ;NOT RELIGIOUS TYPES) this way must increase and your natural decrease.

Joh 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

new test command...don't be religious mans way..

truth ..eg.. Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
pray in the Spirit..1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

5).. be careful this is usually for personal use, seek advice from Pastor, the natural mind vs the spiritual mind.

6).. that is tricky (not many preach the FULL GOSPEL ((no spirit, or not for all !!??etc)
I shudder to use the term Pentecostal (acts 2 v4 v38 etc) many are NOT (see above truth and spirit) many just wanna bees just be nice and faith or grace or confess ( say the same as or agree with ,which they don't !!!) many other ways NOT Gods prescribed way, there own to varying levels..(acts 2v4,38 etc)..

in Europe Asiatic/Australia Africa India Canada..usa !?? Revival Centre Churches but it doesn't matter about the name or titles ..preaching the FULL SALVATION MESSAGE not just religious there own way..

mark16v16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

this is what happens upon REAL contact with God. You get it all !
these signs follow true believers not those who don't or have there own ways or excuses ...
this how you know your in the right place.

Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

if Gods says this and someone makes excuses or says something else this is anti ..God.. anti Christ !!

there are many smiley happy people who will offer help to varying degrees and don't believe in God at all..so its not about that !

7)..usually God himself by the Spirit will aid you but if needed seek a pastor;

8)..see 5)
Thank you very much. I appreciate the insight. I do lean towards dreams and personal revelations being more personal messages than anything. I’ve listened to others’ inspired dreams but they don’t translate well because they were so personal to the receiver.

One exception for me so far was when I kept getting hints, nudges and random stray thoughts over a 6-8 week period that I would be needed to interact with a former pastor. Not someone I ever had too much to do with so I kept pushing the awareness away. It didn’t make much sense to me so I kind of knew to wait it out and see. Finally I had a dream that centered on the pastor, his church, his ministry. Someone was trying to communicate with him too. So I relayed the dream without trying to interpret it via a comment on one of his older blogs. I still don’t know if he got the message or if I was wrong to share it with him but all those hints, nudges, and stray thoughts stopped. I was relieved and hope I did my part.

Anyway, thanks again!

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Short answers:

Good questions!
Thank you! I really do value the information!

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

As much as God the Father allows. No more, no less. We do not do miracles and such of our own volition. The Word of the Lord (the Bible) is of utmost importance regarding what Paul calls "The Spiritual" (in 1 Corinthians 12:1). This Spiritual force that enable the Spiritual Gifts is not some emotional high, but a person known as the Holy Spirit. His primary job is to point us towards Christ, not Christ pointing towards the Holy Spirit. This is mostly true, but it can get misinterpreted. It seems to me there is more talked about in the Holy Spirit leading to Christ than there is Christ leading to the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
Matthew 28:18-20 "And Jesus came and said to them, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.'"

I share these verses to show the authority if Christ, but there are other verses that demonstrate this as well. These are just very explicit. Another example is here:
Mark 1:22 "And they were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as the scribes."

I will summarize like this: the Spiritual Gifts are indeed Gifts we are not entitled to. Their purpose is to point towards Christ and the Gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As much as God the Father allows. No more, no less. We do not do miracles and such of our own volition. The Word of the Lord (the Bible) is of utmost importance regarding what Paul calls "The Spiritual" (in 1 Corinthians 12:1). This Spiritual force that enable the Spiritual Gifts is not some emotional high, but a person known as the Holy Spirit. His primary job is to point us towards Christ, not Christ pointing towards the Holy Spirit. This is mostly true, but it can get misinterpreted. It seems to me there is more talked about in the Holy Spirit leading to Christ than there is Christ leading to the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
Matthew 28:18-20 "And Jesus came and said to them, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.'"

I share these verses to show the authority if Christ, but there are other verses that demonstrate this as well. These are just very explicit. Another example is here:
Mark 1:22 "And they were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as the scribes."

I will summarize like this: the Spiritual Gifts are indeed Gifts we are not entitled to. Their purpose is to point towards Christ and the Gospel.
I ask the question because I’m in the same boat as others with similar gifts I’ve read about. It can be so easy to be distracted from the daily by spiritual currents around me. For example, I get vibes and whiffs of the reactions of people reading stuff I type on various media. Sometimes they are in agreement. Sometimes not. And lots of emotions in between. The awareness of their reactions comes a odd times in my day so I have o try and focus on the now. It can be overwhelming to sort out my emotions from the emotions of others.

There was one week I was going through the motions in the physical because so much was going on around me in the spiritual due to some more solid messages I had been given by the HolySpirit that shook me. I was shaky and had difficulty getting my breath for a time. I can’t always make sense of it all but sometimes I can. My niche seems to be dealing with the hearts of God’s people especially church leaders. This seems to require a ton of personal heart cleansing on my own part first and foremost. It can be exhausting. And church leaders tend to hate me with a vengeance.

I know I have a lot to learn. The spiritual does seem to dominate my world these days and my hubby has noticed how distracted I get. I keep trying to get a real job in part to escape all spiritual stuff. God doesn’t seem to be having any of that though. Anyway, I’m still learning here. Thanks for your insight!

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I ask the question because I’m in the same boat as others with similar gifts I’ve read about. It can be so easy to be distracted from the daily by spiritual currents around me. For example, I get vibes and whiffs of the reactions of people reading stuff I type on various media. Sometimes they are in agreement. Sometimes not. And lots of emotions in between. The awareness of their reactions comes a odd times in my day so I have o try and focus on the now. It can be overwhelming to sort out my emotions from the emotions of others.

There was one week I was going through the motions in the physical because so much was going on around me in the spiritual due to some more solid messages I had been given by the HolySpirit that shook me. I was shaky and had difficulty getting my breath for a time. I can’t always make sense of it all but sometimes I can. My niche seems to be dealing with the hearts of God’s people especially church leaders. This seems to require a ton of personal heart cleansing on my own part first and foremost. It can be exhausting. And church leaders tend to hate me with a vengeance.

I know I have a lot to learn. The spiritual does seem to dominate my world these days and my hubby has noticed how distracted I get. I keep trying to get a real job in part to escape all spiritual stuff. God doesn’t seem to be having any of that though. Anyway, I’m still learning here. Thanks for your insight!

You would be better off being 90% Bible and 10% Spiritual.

Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You would be better off being 90% Bible and 10% Spiritual.
Perhaps. It is only recently that dreams were added into the mix. The spiritual grip seems to be increasing. Maybe more academics (Bible reading) will focus or hone the situation. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Perhaps. It is only recently that dreams were added into the mix. The spiritual grip seems to be increasing. Maybe more academics (Bible reading) will focus or hone the situation. Thank you.

Way more people would be better off being 90% Bible 10% Spiritual. Spirituality doesn't save. The Spiritual is meant to show God's power as a demonstration of Christ's redeeming work on the cross. None of His miracles have any meaning at all without His death and resurrection. The people did not believe Jesus was the Messiah even after they had seen countless miracles from Him. Some people remarked, "Would the Messiah really do more miracles than this man?" or something similar. In short, Spirituality for Spirituality sake isn't any better than any other isms you can come up with. Jesus battled Satan with the written words of God, not His miracles.

I agree that we should desire higher Spiritual Gifts, but they are just bonuses, icing on the cake, not the real deal.

Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More Bible is probably the answer to 90% of life’s problems. :amen:

Winning souls for Christ is a strong part of the Great Commission. Making disciplines is more than salvation. Salvation is just the first step to being a disciple of Christ not the first and last step of being a disciple. I think I’m called to help disciples grow. Still trying to figure out how the gifts I’ve been given are meant to accomplish this. I don’t go looking for miracles or attention. I wanted hospitality, lol. Not kidding. Lord be with us, lol. We a mess. :bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
More Bible is probably the answer to 90% of life’s problems. :amen:

Winning souls for Christ is a strong part of the Great Commission. Making disciplines is more than salvation. Salvation is just the first step to being a disciple of Christ not the first and last step of being a disciple. I think I’m called to help disciples grow. Still trying to figure out how the gifts I’ve been given are meant to accomplish this. I don’t go looking for miracles or attention. I wanted hospitality, lol. Not kidding. Lord be with us, lol. We a mess. :bow:

I may have spoken too quickly and didn't listen to what you were saying well enough. If I have offended you, I apologise. I just wanted to get it out there that the Gospel is the most important thing in our lives. Miracles are cool, but I believe we should not live for the miracle, but for the substance.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟794,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus who sends the promise of the Father baptists us "by," "with" and "in" the Holy Spirit (The Spirit baptism) includes when the Holy Spirit comes upon us, He endures us with power for service to Him and keep His Word. We are to "...keep on being filled with the Spirit." (Acts 1:5, 8:14-17, 10:44-48, 11:16; 13:52; Matt 3:11; Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16; I Cor 12:13, Luk 24:49, Eph 5:18, Acts 4:31; I John 3:24; Eze 36:25-28; John 14:25-27).

Jesus, while on earth, said look at the signs and wonders "If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in Him." John 10:37-38

Jesus also said "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18

We are spirit, soul, and body (I Thess 5:23). "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:" (Rom 8:16). "For what person perceives (knows and understands) what passes through a man’s thoughts except the man’s own spirit within him? Just so no one discerns (comes to know and comprehend) the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God." (I Cor 2:11). Soul and spirit are different "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Heb 4:12).

Better to live by our spirits, then soul and body.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: HappyHope
Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I may have spoken too quickly and didn't listen to what you were saying well enough. If I have offended you, I apologise. I just wanted to get it out there that the Gospel is the most important thing in our lives. Miracles are cool, but I believe we should not live for the miracle, but for the substance.
Sorry if I got crabby myself. My sincere apologies. I’ve had evangelism professors that stressed me out. Sensitive subject for me— evangelism or bust was chanted at me at various times but I can’t speak well or relate well. Blah. But that probably wasn’t what you meant. Sometimes we see things that aren’t there, I guess. Plus, I didn’t sleep well. Again, I apologize. :(

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, specially in the beginning. I thought I was going nuts because of how much it impacted me physcally, emotionally and spiritually.

Yes, but I think it is that you are given more responsibility. The Bible says that the one who is faithful with little is faithful with much. Also, you go through a constant development, so even though He talks or uses you though a gift, doesn't mean that’s the only way He will work through you, so discernment is very important.

We were made in His image.we lost that identity or was hidden from us, but the supernatural is supposed to be part of our identity/nature. The Bible says His sheep hear His voice; the supernatural is supposed to be natural for every Christian and the most basic thing is learning how He speaks to us. It’s a six sense, it’s part of who you are so it is only normal to be able to constantly use it.

Even though I did have some guidance, I had to learn the hard way. Eventually I started to understand what He was saying through my dreams. It’s important to learn to discern the source of the dream. I do ask for help sometimes when I don't understand, but the Holy Spirit is your best guide. I learned that in many cases the dreamer carry the interpretation.

I can’t say of specific churches, but there’s a christian counselor who teaches on hearing God. His name is Bob Hamp. He has the Foundations of Freedom
On youtube and they help with understanding God and how He works. Todd White and Dan Mohler are other two great teachers that teach a lot on healing and hearing God. I also used to listen to early messages from Bethel in CA and early messages from Jennifer Eivaz, I sense they changed a lot, but their early messages helped. Laura Harris Smith also has a good book about dreams and visions called Seen the Voice of God.

Pray God to send you guidance. He’s the best one to lead your steps. My mentor doesn’t have my gifts, she actually has apostolic gifting but she’s good with helping me see things from other perspective. I have a really hard time trusting people because God shows me whats hidden in people so I learned to trust who God trust and to ask Him for His perspective. After all, He’s the one who allows me to have the dream. It’s like an invitation to talk to Him.

Yes, specially if you don’t know the other person. There’s a great book called Understanding Prophetic People by Loren Sandford that helped me a lot to understand my gifts and how to steward them. Not everyone understands, specially when you have the prophetic gift. Be careful with interpreters who want to manipulate and control you. Be very attentive to the Holy Spirit, He will lead you to all truth.

You can PM me if you have more questions!

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

My apologies if these questions come out sounding whiny in any way. I might have had too much caffeine today.

In Christ,
HappyHope

1) Ministry as a whole can be exhausting, whether that be because the Spirit is working through you or just the mental drain that ministry can have.

2) As one gets stronger in faith and belief.

3) In awe of what the Spirit is doing, yes. Not of the vessel that the Spirit is using.

4) I'm not quite sure what you mean. One should always be sensitive to the Spirit's leading.

5) The best piece of advice I can give anyone in ministry at all...and really just anyone in general is this...Have a mentor. Have that person that you can go to with anything at the blink of an eye that will not judge you but will give you sage advice or will just let you unload. They should be filled with the Spirit as well and should probably be more mature spiritually and physically than yourself.

6) Any that still allows them to be practiced freely while still upholding Paul's instruction to their practice and one that does not worship the gifts and uses discernment.

7) Pray

8) If the Lord gives you something, pray and seek His wisdom about when you should share it. I do not believe God would give someone a revelation that they were supposed to have just for their own knowledge without sharing it with at least one other person.

Upvote 0