Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
SIN! Habitual sin is the beginning of spiritual death as all sin leads to death. When one places a barrier of sin between them and God, They lose the joy of fellowship and close relationship with the Lord.
The joy of the Lord is our strength,,So if you are feeding sin, You are not feeding the Spirit and there goes the joy

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
All people start already dead, without the joy of Salvation.
They don't "become" dead, they are already dead.

I see your point, though I'm wondering, since this is the Charismatic forum, are you allowed to teach here?. I will reword the question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I see your point, though I'm wondering, since this is the Charismatic forum, are you allowed to teach here?. I will reword the question.
I am sorry, I didn't see anything except "prayer wall" I will leave. Blessings :]

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
SIN! Habitual sin is the beginning of spiritual death as all sin leads to death. When one places a barrier of sin between them and God, They lose the joy of fellowship and close relationship with the Lord.
The joy of the Lord is our strength,,So if you are feeding sin, You are not feeding the Spirit and there goes the joy
Agreed. Habitual sin is the same as living according to the flesh. Paul warned the brethren in Romans 8:13 that if they live according to the flesh - thy will die (spiritual death).

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
??
What do you ask that way , as if ANYone starts with either life or joy ??

Psalms 51

1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry, I didn't see anything except "prayer wall" I will leave. Blessings :]
I was not speaking to you. I apologize. I forgot to add the quote to who I was quoting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Psalms 51

9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
??
Doesn't change the topic.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

Good answer. :) I believe willfully continuing to sin and not repenting and changing our actions does indeed begin to cause decline in our joy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Did you show anywhere that people start alive ?

I didn't see where.

Thus clarifying, not teaching, as people start dead (everyone knows from Scripture)
- thus my question of why you asked the way you did.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
What causes the decline of joy in our relationship with The Lord?

Some of the symptoms (in my opinion) of those "losing their joy" is being more concerned with what other people are doing over what God is doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What causes the decline of joy in our relationship with The Lord?

It's been my experience, not that it means much, but the Holy Spirit of God supplies the Joy: Galatians 5:22-23. Then in just being human and of flesh we start to fall away: Romans 8:6.

Did I get that correct?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tharseo

Jan 5, 2019
Hong Kong
✟17,155.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From my experience, it is not always sin, but the lack of continuously pursuing spiritual goals and seeking the renewal of my inner self. When it ever stops, life becomes boring and routine.

It's been my experience, not that it means much, but the Holy Spirit of God supplies the Joy: Galatians 5:22-23. Then in just being human and of flesh we start to fall away: Romans 8:6.

Did I get that correct?

Joy matters a lot, I mean a lot. A lot of people do not understand it, but joy is what drives you to move forward. If you find joy in the Lord, you will seek Him with all your heart. If not, either your life is so miserable that there is no joy, or the more common practice is that people will seek joy from worldly things.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
From my experience, it is not always sin, but the lack of continuously pursuing spiritual goals and seeking the renewal of my inner self. When it ever stops, life becomes boring and routine.

Joy matters a lot, I mean a lot. A lot of people do not understand it, but joy is what drives you to move forward. If you find joy in the Lord, you will seek Him with all your heart. If not, either your life is so miserable that there is no joy, or the more common practice is that people will seek joy from worldly things.

Yeah, it seems like a trick thread or something, cause I receive joy thru serving the Lord, but I read the purpose of the Spirit-Filled/Charismatic forum and saw that we're not supposed to promote works :(

Upvote 0

Tharseo

Jan 5, 2019
Hong Kong
✟17,155.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, it seems like a trick thread or something, cause I receive joy thru serving the Lord, but I read the purpose of the Spirit-Filled/Charismatic forum and saw that we're not supposed to promote works :(

Well, I am not discussing salvation. I am discussing the daily life we live. And to adhere to the forum rules, I would add that being filled with the Spirit in your daily life is one important part to find joy, that all things you do are not from yourself, but from the will of the Spirit. You will then surely experience the power of the Spirit in your life, and how the Spirit renews your inner self.

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0