Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
In another thread, there is belief that the christian religion should be a dominant influence in politics and government to the point where biblical law would be imposed. The thread can be found at
Lets vote for the Bible to be our form of government- #vote for God and was started by @createdtoworship .

Its a very dangerous notion thats proposed and one that our generation needs to be aware of - that is, some factions in older generations would see a theocracy introduced - particularly in the USA. While I doubt that would happen, its effect certainly influences individual laws.

Some of the notions pushed are:
That it should be illegal to follow any religion other than Christianity, including atheism, punishable by law.

That the sabbath would be enforced and anyone working on that day could be punished by law.

Religious holidays would be strictly Christian and elements like Xmas trees banned and punished .

The ten commandments would be legally enforced - think about it - You have a messed up set of parents who can have you whipped because you didn't respect them.

Plus the usuals - being gay would be punishable and as for sex outside of marriage - forget about it.

So - we al think the Handmaidens tale was JUST a story - But there are people here who would see a theocracy enforced and it should be our generation that's vigilant to stop this menace.

Already in my country there is a push to amend Equal Opportunity laws to allow even greater exceptions for religion. Already is you work for a religious school, you can be sacked or prevented from employment on the basis of gender, religious conviction, and pregnancy.

o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

Yes that is so Handmaid's Tale it freaks me out.

Upvote 0