Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Messiah repelled attacks by the enemy in the desert by quoting Scriptures. The devil and his crew hate to be around the Word. We are also told that YHWH, aka God, "inhabits the praises of His people..."

Where He inhabits the dark side also does not want to be. We are actually told to praise far more than we are told to pray.

I am not sure at what level the spiritual attacks are occurring, from your post. But here is an approach some have found helpful, including me.

As for demonic oppression I will give some suggestions. I hope they help! First, watch out for any secular media - books, t.v. music, whatever. They often have unholy messages in them. Those kinds of things can attract evil spirits from what I have researched.

2nd, here is a form of spiritual warfare which has helped those in the Bible, and me personally. Singing praise songs! David gave Saul relief from evil spirits that way. Paul and Silas got out of prison, miraculously, that way. King Jehoshaphat saw enemy armies coming against Israel in overwhelming numbers. His priests went out before the enemy hoardes doing nothing but carrying the Ark (and the Ark, Yahushuah, aka Jesus, is in you) and sang praise songs. The result? The enemy armies turned on one another, killed every last one of themselves, and the Israelites had 3 days of booty to pick up from the field.

Once I worked in a place which I began to believe was filled with people who were into "the dark side." (There may be some such in your life, in the background, as they are getting more numerous all the time.) Sometimes at night I would have these strange visions in my head and other forms of what seemed like demonic oppression.

I prayed to know what to do. I was told to hum Christian songs. Singing is probably better, but I was in bed! This worked totally. I had to repeat it with future attacks, but eventually the attacks stopped.
Now, as someone trained as a speech/language pathologist I worry about things called vocal nodules, sometimes called singers' nodules. So, if you decide to try to praise singing, I would say to sing softly or you can get blisters on your vocal cords which will make your voice hoarse and be problematic generally. Soft singing works just as well as loud singing!

I would also say that if a song says "He is holy..." or "He is the light of the world..." or whatever that you can train yourself to be more directly in contact with the Almighty and sing "YOU are holy...YOU are the light of the world..." etc. If by any chance you have the gift of speaking in tongues btw, that works great too.

(The Bible says there is a kind of tongues that "no man understands" where you "speak unto the Father." Tongues are a wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit.)

Youthful and peppy: JumpStart Scripture Songs

Kind of old fashioned sounding music, but still great:
Integrity Music Scripture Songs

Many people find this group, which sings the Psalms, to be very comforting and soothing:
Sons of Korah.

In Psalm 1 we are told one way to have success in life is to meditate on the Word day and night and these songs can help one focus on that.
I pray for your freedom and healing

Upvote 0