Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I remember watching a Derek Prince video where he had said that there is still a spirit of slavery in America that is active. I am not sure if he meant it was a principality or ruler or something of the like but recently I have gotten a sense the spirit of slavery is still active, if not in the country as a whole then in the South (where I live). Can anyone confirm this? I also think there are other spirits active countrywide as well such as racism (tied to slavery), rebellion and contention (I also believe these are tied together). The book of Daniel talks about such things but was wondering if others had similar feelings.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have come to believe that there is a particular principality that settled over the Southeast just after 1800, and that principality has been responsible for racial animosity and a number of other issues that have kept that section of the country at the general level of the Third World.

But first, let me relate something else in the vein.

I was in military intelligence through the last quarter of the 20th century, during which the Cold War was at its peak until it came to its end. I spent many years looking at reconnaissance imagery of USSR--like browsing Google Earth all day long.

During the 70s and 80s, the Soviet Union was like a wall of bristling military power. It's unbelievable how they devoted so much national capital towards warfare. Nothing else had priority, everything else suffered, and it had been that way for over half a century.

Then, one day, it all broke. It all fell apart. I remember when I realized it. It was my job to check out Soviet military airfields every day. That particular day, I was looking at airfield after airfield and finding them all covered with snow. That was unusual. Usually the Soviets kept the runways constantly cleared of snow even while it was snowing--it was very unusual to catch one after a snow fall before being cleared.

And that day, I was seeing airfield after airfield after airfield covered with snow. No activity. I started checking with colleagues working other areas--naval facilities, army facilities.

Over the next few days, we got more information, and it was amazing. Our military attaches in Eastern Europe were reporting that Soviet occupation units were pulling out in a route, as though they were in retreat. They were fleeing.

Even the Soviet cosmonauts in the Mir space station were in a panic because their ground control people at Baikonur Cosmodrone (equivalent to our Houston space center) had stopped going to work.

We came to the amazing realization: The Soviet military had stopped working. It had just stopped. Suddenly. Our generals didn't even believe us at first. They thought it must be some kind of hoax, some kind of ruse.

But when I discussed with colleagues who were also Christians, we began to realize that we had just witnessed the movement of a principality. As Daniel 10 describes, we realized that the USSR had been under the dominion of a controlling principality, and we'd just seen that principality move...and when it did, the massive single-directed organization that it controlled fell apart, like a marionette with its strings cut.

So then I started looking at broad regional activity in a different way, when it appears that people in a region seem to go bizarrely evil and maintain that evil across entire populations for decades.

So, looking at the issue of slavery in the US. Up until the early 1800s, slavery existed, yes. But everyone--even slaveholders--admitted that it was a sin even as they indulged in it. Prior to 1800, Thomas Jefferson held slaves, but also maintained that sooner or later, God was going to hold them accountable for that sin. Christianity in general had never justified slavery in terms of righteousness, but only in terms of the Romans 13 right of kings--a necessary evil in a fallen world.

But then by 1830, Jefferson had changed his tone and had begun justifying slavery. He wasn't the only one. Whereas even Southerns had previously agreed that slavery should someday be abolished, for the first time ever, Christians began justifying slavery as a righteous activity, coming up with the clearly absurd "Curse of Ham," and arguing that slavery should continue forever.

There are other things that were happening at the same time, but I'm convinced today that despite all the Bible thumping, a principality has resided over the Southeast since 1800.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have come to believe that there is a particular principality that settled over the Southeast just after 1800, and that principality has been responsible for racial animosity and a number of other issues that have kept that section of the country at the general level of the Third World.

I was in military intelligence through the last quarter of the 20th century, during which the Cold War was at its peak until it came to its end. I spent many years looking at reconnaissance imagery of USSR--like browsing Google Earth all day long.

During the 70s and 80s, the Soviet Union was like a wall of bristling military power. It's unbelievable how they devoted so much national capital towards warfare. Nothing else had priority, everything else suffered, and it had been that way for over half a century.

Then, one day, it all broke. It all fell apart. I remember when I realized it. It was my job to check out Soviet military airfields every day. That particular day, I was looking at airfield after airfield and finding them all covered with snow. That was unusual. Usually the Soviets kept the runways constantly cleared of snow even while it was snowing--it was very unusual to catch one after a snow fall before being cleared.

And that day, I was seeing airfield after airfield after airfield covered with snow. No activity. I started checking with colleagues working other areas--naval facilities, army facilities.

Over the next few days, we got more information, and it was amazing. Our military attaches in Eastern Europe were reporting that Soviet occupation units were pulling out in a route, as though they were in retreat. They were fleeing.

Even the Soviet cosmonauts in the Mir space station were in a panic because their ground control people at Baikonur Cosmodrone (equivalent to our Houston space center) had stopped going to work.

We came to the amazing realization: The Soviet military had stopped working. It had just stopped. Suddenly. Our generals didn't even believe us at first. They thought it must be some kind of hoax, some kind of ruse.

But when I discussed with colleagues who were also Christians, we began to realize that we had just witnessed the movement of a principality. As Daniel 10 describes, we realized that the USSR had been under the dominion of a controlling principality, and we'd just seen that principality move...and when it did, the massive single-directed organization that it controlled fell apart, like a marionette with its strings cut.

So then I started looking at broad regional activity in a different way, when it appears that people in a region seem to go bizarrely evil and maintain that evil across entire populations for decades.

So, looking at the issue of slavery in the US. Up until the early 1800s, slavery existed, yes. But everyone--even slaveholders--admitted that it was a sin even as they indulged in it. Prior to 1800, Thomas Jefferson held slaves, but also maintained that sooner or later, God was going to hold them accountable for that sin. Christianity in general had never justified slavery in terms of righteousness, but only in terms of the Romans 13 right of kings--a necessary evil in a fallen world.

But then by 1830, Jefferson had changed his tone and had begun justifying slavery. He wasn't the only one. Whereas even Southerns had previously agreed that slavery should someday be abolished, for the first time ever, Christians began justifying slavery as a righteous activity, coming up with the clearly absurd "Curse of Ham," and arguing that slavery should continue forever.

There are other things that were happening at the same time, but I'm convinced today that despite all the Bible thumping, a principality has resided over the Southeast since 1800.

Any idea as to what its name is? From what I understand a principality has a characteristic that presents itself across a whole population, limited to a certain geographical area of influence. If it is in operation in the Southeast there must be a certain quality that is presenting itself across the Southeast that is aberrant, that is this quality is overly prominent as compared to another population outside of the region of influence of the principality. Hence this is why I think it's slavery/racism. Even if slavery ended it only ended as a result of war and not the repentance of the oppressing population, so I think it can still be operative but manifest itself in a different way. There's a lot of different ways a spirit of slavery can manifest itself, it would be prevalent in a relationship of extremely disparate power between two bodies of people.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It speaks of a slavary to sin.
But also of the slavary of all peoples to the spirit of this world.

Interesting so I guess any kind of addictive behavior could potentially be a manifestation of a spirit of slavery.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I never thought of a principality "moving" but I don't see why it couldn't. But if it did move it would have had to go somewhere else. Do you think it shifted to China or something? Was there a change in armament in China at that time? On the other hand I suppose it doesn't have to be that straightforward, it could have gone a lot of different places.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Hence this is why I think it's slavery/racism.
I think its wrong to assume slavery and racism are the same demonic principality.
Historically, the blacks have been the ones who were victims of slavery.
But racism is prevalent in both black, white, and other cultures.

We should also note that black on black slavery was rife as a cultural norm in Africa, long before the transatlantic trade started.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Interesting so I guess any kind of addictive behavior could potentially be a manifestation of a spirit of slavery.

Rom. 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

SERVANTS: (SLAVE)
G1401
δοῦλος
doulos
doo'-los
From G1210; a slave (literally or figuratively, involuntarily or voluntarily; frequently therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subserviency): - bond (-man), servant.

G1210
δέω
deō
deh'-o
A primary verb; to bind (in various applications, literally or figuratively): - bind, be in bonds, knit, tie, wind.

Any so called addiction as a slavery to sin.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I never thought of a principality "moving" but I don't see why it couldn't. But if it did move it would have had to go somewhere else.

When Daniel fasted 21 days, the angel of the Lord told him that he had been battling the Prince of Persia (ie. War in the heavens as he tried to get down to see Daniel).

Babylon had been defeated by the Medes and Persian army. That was obviously reflecting a battle going on in the realm of Heaven, thus the new ruling strongman up there was no longer Babylon but Persia had moved in.

And that was predicted in the dream of Nebuchadnezzar of the giant statue with the head of Gold being displaced by shoulders of silver, which was the Medes and Persians.
Then the Greeks.
Then the Romans.

So we see several principalities moving around up there.

From my perspective as a Brit, in the 1970s, our traitorous prime minister took Britain into what was called, "The Common Market". That meant we handed huge areas of sovereignty over to a foreign power in Brussels.
That created a complete change in spiritual dominion over the land, as the demonic principality of Rome extended its control over the UK. (EU is based on the Treaty Of Rome)

Given that Henry 8th had thrown the Roman Catholic Church out of the country centuries ago when he started the Reformation process, now suddenly that rulership was back on earth and in the heavens.

The UK had the Brexit referendum back in 2016, and when the result was declared as a vote to leave, there was a real shift in the spiritual atmosphere over the land.

We haven't left yet as the deep state has been marshalling its forces for the last 2 years trying to keep us subservient to the EU/Babylon/Rome. They want to make it Brexit in name only.
The war against the ruling powers continues.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Addictive?
An unsaved person could use the addiction excuse.
No one in Christ can .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never thought of a principality "moving" but I don't see why it couldn't. But if it did move it would have had to go somewhere else. Do you think it shifted to China or something? Was there a change in armament in China at that time? On the other hand I suppose it doesn't have to be that straightforward, it could have gone a lot of different places.

Daniel 10 speaks of principalities moving--swapping places, in fact. It speaks of the principality of Greece replacing the principality of Persia. These principalities are all under the command of Satan, so even though it caused war in the realm of men, in the spiritual realm it was nothing more than a shift change. Demons cause confusion, but they themselves aren't confused. "If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?"

I think it's short-sighted to imagine that each demon is permanently limited to one "kind" of behavior or another. I think it's more likely any given demon can initiate any kind of devilment that will work in the situation. I mean that in one case it might incite fear, next time it might incite confusion, next time maybe hatred. And if I'm wrong about that, there are plenty of demons available to fill whatever role it takes.

So if a principality moved from Russia to another location, it may cause a different kind of behavior...but it will be an abhorrent behavior sustained across a region or a people group over a significant amount of time. Ordinary human sinners left to their own fleshly devices would not sustain the kind of continuity that the USSR exhibited. Instead, there would have been the kind of jumbled social mess that existed before 1917 and then since 1989. Those years in between--that was spiritually sustained horror.

My interest, however, is not in trying to track a particular principality from here to there, but to remember "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" and try to recognize when that's what we face.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Daniel fasted 21 days, the angel of the Lord told him that he had been battling the Prince of Persia (ie. War in the heavens as he tried to get down to see Daniel).

Babylon had been defeated by the Medes and Persian army. That was obviously reflecting a battle going on in the realm of Heaven, thus the new ruling strongman up there was no longer Babylon but Persia had moved in.

And that was predicted in the dream of Nebuchadnezzar of the giant statue with the head of Gold being displaced by shoulders of silver, which was the Medes and Persians.
Then the Greeks.
Then the Romans.

So we see several principalities moving around up there.

I don't think there is any fighting at all going on between the principalities operating under Satan. Jesus tells us that Satan's house is not divided against itself--Satan does not cast out Satan.

When principalities move in the spiritual realm, however, it creates chaos among men on earth.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Now, here is something else: 'Way back in the early 90s, a US Army officer named Ralph Peters was writing about the danger of continuous war in the Muslim world, starting from the Mujahadeen of Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation. He pointed out that there was a "cloud" of 20-30,000 young Sunni fighters who had never known peace--they'd grown up as warriors. That cloud of fighters drifted from war to war, picking up new young recruits in every war and losing many as casualties, but remaining in size of about 20-30,000. These fighters have never been students or shopkeepers or farmers or shepherds. They have been nothing but warriors and don't even know how do "peace."

And that has been proven true. We saw, for instance, that ISIS contained fighters from Afghanistan, from Iraq, from Chechnya, from Syria, et cetera.

When they take over a region, they can do nothing but steal, kill, and destroy, even when their victims are their own Sunni Muslim people. I think there, too, is a principality moving with that cloud of fighters, because men in their flesh alone can't sustain that level of unified evil. Remember that these are "religious" men. They pray earnestly for the will and power to do their evil. God is not listening to their prayers, but I think a principality is.

Moreover, it can reach out far afield to those who will give themselves to it. When one of these people make contact through the Internet to someone in Europe, or Canada, or the US and they agree to share its evil--even pray of one accord to share that evil--the spiritual darkness moves to take its new slave.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks all for the responses. This is interesting. Yes you're correct slavery amd racism are separate but I would guess there's overlap. Does anyone know of any books on this topic of principalities? I thought it was basically Satan and his demons against God. What are these kingdoms then? Satanic? And if so I don't see as said above how Satan can be divided. I do think with globalization and the spread of the internet connecting everyone that people are getting spiritually divided in terms of their identity all over the world and I'm not sure what the result of that is. Are demonic entities using human puppets as proxies to further their own desires for world conquest?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks all for the responses. This is interesting. Yes you're correct slavery amd racism are separate but I would guess there's overlap. Does anyone know of any books on this topic of principalities? I thought it was basically Satan and his demons against God. What are these kingdoms then? Satanic? And if so I don't see as said above how Satan can be divided. I do think with globalization and the spread of the internet connecting everyone that people are getting spiritually divided in terms of their identity all over the world and I'm not sure what the result of that is. Are demonic entities using human puppets as proxies to further their own desires for world conquest?

I really don't see where you need to do any more reading on the subject in order to understand it, you have summed it all up pretty nicely.

In the places where you have Question Marks, there should just be a Period, because they are true statements.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks all for the responses. This is interesting. Yes you're correct slavery amd racism are separate but I would guess there's overlap. Does anyone know of any books on this topic of principalities?

I'm going on the bible, particularly Daniel 10.

I thought it was basically Satan and his demons against God. What are these kingdoms then? Satanic? And if so I don't see as said above how Satan can be divided.

Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. -- Luke 4

An angel speaking to Daniel:

Then he continued, “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the prince of Persia.
So he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come; but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince.
-- Daniel 10

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places -- Ephesians 6

I do think with globalization and the spread of the internet connecting everyone that people are getting spiritually divided in terms of their identity all over the world and I'm not sure what the result of that is. Are demonic entities using human puppets as proxies to further their own desires for world conquest?

Demonic entities have always been using human puppets.

As far as world conquest is concerned, we see in Luke and Matthew that at the time of Christ's ministry, Satan was already ruler of the kingdoms of the world.

Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God. -- 2 Corinthians 4

Let me make sure this is clear: Satan is ruler of the kingdoms of man of the world. That is, the political and economic entities created by men to rule over men. Those belong to Satan--those are what Satan offered to Jesus and he offers them to men as well. But Satan does not own the planet itself--the oceans, the forests, the mountains, et cetera.

But we have to remember that Satan knows his days are numbered, and he is full of wrath against mankind, so his rule is not benign. His efforts are to cause as much continuous misery and chaos of all kinds, large and small, during the time he has left.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I don't think there is any fighting at all going on between the principalities operating under Satan. Jesus tells us that Satan's house is not divided against itself--Satan does not cast out Satan.

When principalities move in the spiritual realm, however, it creates chaos among men on earth.
I partly agree with you, but am trying to reconcile what Jesus said with other facts in spiritual warfare, knowing also that what we see on earth, usually reflects what is going on above.

Scripture shows that Satan rebelled against God because that is his nature. It is also noted that he took a whole swathe of other rebellious angels along with him.

Being that these angels were all evil hate filled and rebellious, surely it is naïve to assume Satan's army is all in neat order with the best of disciplines?

As Jesus said, Satan would not cast out Satan, but that doesn't mean his army is without disorder or rebellion.

Anyone involved in spiritual warfare knows that we learn lots about the subject by studying warfare in the OT. Israel's entering, driving out the enemy, and occupying the land being a good metaphor for deliverance etc.

When we look at the many wars of scripture, one of God's major tactics is to sow dissent and confusion in the ranks of Israel's enemies. The result is they start killing one another instead of killing Israelites.
Given that Israel's enemies are invariably driven to invade and attack Israel by Satan, we can expect that whatever happens on earth, has a parallel in the heavens. So if internal rebellion is evident on earth, that's what is happening in the heavens, just as we saw when Persia invaded Babylon.

The collection of the various tribes that Satan raises will always have their Satanic leaders in the demonic realm, high above them, just as we see the Prince of Persia mentioned in Daniel.
In Saul's battle with the Philistines, 1Sam14, after Jonathan had killed the Philistine garrison, the Lord sent confusion in the ranks of the enemy.

1Sam14v20Then Saul and all the people who were with him rallied and came to the battle; and behold, every man's sword was against his fellow, and there was very great confusion.
I believe this event reflects what God did to the strong men in the heavens.

Additionally, if you take an absolute view of what Jesus said, it doesn't really fit with this.
1Kings22v19Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of the LORD. I saw the LORD sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. 20“The LORD said, ‘Who will entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said this while another said that. 21“Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD and said, ‘I will entice him.’ 22“The LORD said to him, ‘How?’ And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.’ 23“Now therefore, behold, the LORD has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; and the LORD has proclaimed disaster against you.”

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I partly agree with you, but am trying to reconcile what Jesus said with other facts in spiritual warfare, knowing also that what we see on earth, usually reflects what is going on above.

Scripture shows that Satan rebelled against God because that is his nature. It is also noted that he took a whole swathe of other rebellious angels along with him.

Being that these angels were all evil hate filled and rebellious, surely it is naïve to assume Satan's army is all in neat order with the best of disciplines?

As Jesus said, Satan would not cast out Satan, but that doesn't mean his army is without disorder or rebellion.

Why would you presume that the rebellion led by Satan was chaotic within itself? Was the American Revolution chaotic within itself? Were the Founding Fathers unable to achieve unity? Was the Colonial Army unable to unite under George Washington?

Why presume Satan does not lead and maintain control of his own rebellion?

Anyone involved in spiritual warfare knows that we learn lots about the subject by studying warfare in the OT. Israel's entering, driving out the enemy, and occupying the land being a good metaphor for deliverance etc.
When we look at the many wars of scripture, one of God's major tactics is to sow dissent and confusion in the ranks of Israel's enemies. The result is they start killing one another instead of killing Israelites.
Given that Israel's enemies are invariably driven to invade and attack Israel by Satan, we can expect that whatever happens on earth, has a parallel in the heavens. So if internal rebellion is evident on earth, that's what is happening in the heavens, just as we saw when Persia invaded Babylon.

Actually, exactly the opposite. In the heavenly realms, "God is not the author of confusion," Satan is the author of confusion. Successfully sowing dissent and confusion calls for a careful and coordinated psychological operations plan. If demons were struggling against demons, such plans would fail more often than not.

When Persia invaded Babylon, that successful plan called for coordination among demons. It cause chaos and war among humans, but among demons it was just shift change.

Again, the words of Jesus tell us that Satan's house is not divided and that demons do not cast out demons, and that demons help one another, share space with one another (from seven to thousands in one human body). In Acts we learn that demons also share information with one another about successful Christian evangelists.

The scheming coordination of demons has ample scriptural support. The idea that demons are in conflict with each other is conjecture with no scriptural support.

Upvote 0