Central
✟24,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi all.. I searched online to locate a forum where I can seek input from other Spirit filled believer's. Something is troubling me :scratch:

Recently I discovered the pastor of the church I've been attending is on hoards of antidepressants to the point where he can't feel much of anything at all. This info is fact, not gossip. It is also fact that his wife screams viciously at him and criticizes him horribly (she claims to be spirit filled but I'm positive she's not). I've wondered if the reason he's on meds is because of her. I've never seen such horrible behavior from a pastor's wife.

I guess I'm confused.

I do not mean to offend anyone here who's on meds like this, but I'm struggling with having a Pentecostal LEADER who has zero ability to hear from the Lord. His sermons are from his intellect.

I've learned the pineal gland plays an important part in our ability to hear from the Lord spiritually. The pineal gland can be calcified by certain drugs (as well as fluoride).

.. ugh... I don't know how to wrap my little head around it. Why not contend with God for his healing so he can get off the meds instead of taking all that stuff?? He's a LEADER but he has a jezebel spirited wife and he has no JOY!
-- Is it possible for God to move if OTHER people are praying for him even if he isn't seeking that healing himself? :( .. I cannot imagine that he would not want healing instead of taking all that medication. I have never known of anyone who takes that MUCH antidepressant meds, it's absolutely extreme.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I pray for your Pastor, for healing and for the Lord to direct him.
Your request may be better on the Prayer Wall, where there is a prayer ministry, as it will have more people praying.
God bless you for caring so much.

Upvote 0

NoFrills

Riding waves that slam me into the Rock of Ages
Dec 5, 2019
Central
✟24,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I pray for your Pastor, for healing and for the Lord to direct him.
thanks MusicalPilgrim for the prayers.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
yes, indeed. These should have been learned by his wife (who has been a Christian her entire life) ages ago. But also the pastor, who doesn't seem interested in walking free but moreso seems resigned to just take pills the rest of his life. I don't understand why that's ok with him....... Perhaps that's why he doesn't preach on healing or miracles.

I'm asking the Lord to do something about this entire scenario so it will pass onto the tiny congregation and light them up
:idea:

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all.. I searched online to locate a forum where I can seek input from other Spirit filled believer's. Something is troubling me :scratch:

Recently I discovered the pastor of the church I've been attending is on hoards of antidepressants to the point where he can't feel much of anything at all. This info is fact, not gossip. It is also fact that his wife screams viciously at him and criticizes him horribly (she claims to be spirit filled but I'm positive she's not). I've wondered if the reason he's on meds is because of her. I've never seen such horrible behavior from a pastor's wife.

I guess I'm confused.

I do not mean to offend anyone here who's on meds like this, but I'm struggling with having a Pentecostal LEADER who has zero ability to hear from the Lord. His sermons are from his intellect.

I've learned the pineal gland plays an important part in our ability to hear from the Lord spiritually. The pineal gland can be calcified by certain drugs (as well as fluoride).

.. ugh... I don't know how to wrap my little head around it. Why not contend with God for his healing so he can get off the meds instead of taking all that stuff?? He's a LEADER but he has a jezebel spirited wife and he has no JOY!
-- Is it possible for God to move if OTHER people are praying for him even if he isn't seeking that healing himself? :( .. I cannot imagine that he would not want healing instead of taking all that medication. I have never known of anyone who takes that MUCH antidepressant meds, it's absolutely extreme.

Many medications today are based on nature, so their is no problem if they make one better.

take a little wine for your tummy.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

I guess I'm confused.

Someone needs to tell him, and her, the truth.
But when, where and how ? Soon, where they are, as God Directs.

If they are seeking the truth, and keep seeking the truth, they will be set free REJOICING IN CHRIST JESUS our LORD AND SAVIOR ! (TODAY?) (we can hope!)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I guess I'm confused.

If you are a member of this church I would suggest talking to the elders of the church to give the minister a period of sick leave to get himself together and also for him and his wife to attend marriage councelling.

If he is a one man band try to talk to him about this, if he or the elders will not listen.
Repeat in a letter to them and leave.

He needs to recieve treatment for a possible drug addiction as well as pyschiatric illness and quite possibley his wife needs help as well.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Volunteer to help him with his duties, maybe they are too heavy at this time.

Numbers 11:10-17 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

10 Moses heard the people complaining. People from every family were sitting by their tents and complaining. The Lord became very angry, and this made Moses very upset. 11 He asked the Lord, “Why did you bring this trouble on me? I am your servant. What did I do wrong? What did I do to upset you? Why did you give me responsibility over all these people? 12 You know that I am not the father of all these people. You know that I did not give birth to them. But I must take care of them, like a nurse carrying a baby in her arms. Why do you force me to do this? Why do you force me to carry them to the land that you promised to our fathers? 13 I don’t have enough meat for all these people! And they continue complaining to me. They say, ‘Give us meat to eat!’ 14 I cannot take care of all these people alone. The burden is too heavy for me. 15 If you plan to continue giving me their troubles, kill me now. If you accept me as your servant, let me die now. Then I will be finished with all my troubles!”

16 The Lord said to Moses, “Bring to me 70 of the elders of Israel. These men are the leaders among the people. Bring them to the Meeting Tent. Let them stand there with you. 17 Then I will come down and speak with you there. The Spirit is on you. But I will also give some of that Spirit to them. Then they will help you take care of the people. In this way you will not have to be responsible for these people alone.

Numbers 11:25

Numbers 11:25 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
25 Then the Lord came down in the cloud and spoke to Moses. He put on the 70 elders some of the same Spirit that was on Moses. After the Spirit came down on them, they began to prophesy. But that was the only time they ever did this.

Job 36:16“In fact, God wants to help you out of your troubles. He wants to take away your burdens that are crushing you.

2 Corinthians 1:8Brothers and sisters, we want you to know about the trouble we suffered in Asia. We had great burdens there, which were greater than our own strength. We even gave up hope for life.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

• Friendly
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NoFrills

Riding waves that slam me into the Rock of Ages
Dec 5, 2019
Central
✟24,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Someone needs to tell him, and her, the truth.
But when, where and how ? Soon, where they are, as God Directs.

If they are seeking the truth, and keep seeking the truth, they will be set free REJOICING IN CHRIST JESUS our LORD AND SAVIOR ! (TODAY?) (we can hope!)
I have asked him if he would like to get off the meds and he says it's just a chemical imbalance. There is no power in the gospel he preaches.
To add another interesting caveat, as I was talking to the pastor and his wife last night, they told me that they do not believe Jesus is GOD. I have started a thread about that. It was incredibly difficult to talk to them about it because the pastor's wife is in such a state of always being angry & defensive that she would keep interrupting and reading into things I said. It is very HARD to communicate with people who refuse to deal with their stuff so they won't read rejection into everything they hear.
If you are a member of this church I would suggest talking to the elders of the church to give the minister a period of sick leave to get himself together and also for him and his wife to attend marriage counselling.

If he is a one man band try to talk to him about this, if he or the elders will not listen.
Repeat in a letter to them and leave.

He needs to recieve treatment for a possible drug addiction as well as pyschiatric illness and quite possibly his wife needs help as well.
There is no 'membership' at the church. They started the church and call it Pentecostal, but the Spirit is not moving much there. There is no membership at all (which is good because it's not biblical). They also do not outright tell the congregation that they don't believe Jesus is God (something I just found out last night).
That said, I have talked to the pastor directly about his wife needing help and he knows that (after all, he's the one she's screeching at in hostility). He told me that when they're alone it gets very hostile. She is not submitted to her husband. They are 70 yrs old and have never done anything to deal with this problem. They have money to go on trips and spend on frivolous things, but apparently don't want to spend any to get her soul healed.

@Daniel Marsh - it's a teenie tiny church, the pastor only preaches twice a month, and someone else does it the rest of the time. He is not overloaded at all.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have asked him if he would like to get off the meds and he says it's just a chemical imbalance. There is no power in the gospel he preaches.
Well, this could be a step towards deliverance in truth, and good news for him then , since he recognized the problem (if correctly). He can find help without drugs to correct the imbalance, by testing (not ama tests, or if so, have to request because it is not protocol) , which would then avoid the side effects and other and more imbalances caused by the drugs.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
they do not believe Jesus is GOD

They have money to go on trips and spend on frivolous things, but apparently don't want to spend any to get her soul healed.

No wonder the Spirit is not at work they are not Christian.
Why are you wastying your time there.
Write a polite letter/email explaining why you are leaving and go to a church that seeks to practice what it preaches.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Recently I discovered the pastor of the church I've been attending is on hoards of antidepressants to the point where he can't feel much of anything at all.

There's a likelyhood that he's under demonic oppression. The "Visible church" as a whole has a morbid FEAR of even discussing such things, and is often of little help in solving the issue. If the pastor's wife is as you describe her, She's probably under oppression also - but demonstrates it differently. The devil knows how to push "the right buttons", and sometimes does it with great skill.

Folks say a Christian CAN'T be "Demon possessed" - which is true. But the BIBLE'S term is: "Demonized" - to be under the influence of the demonic - which Christians ("Spirit filled" or otherwise) can be subject to just like anybody else. IF one "Gives place" to the enemy, he'll GLADLY take it, and work on getting more.

That NEITHER of them are "moving in the way the Holy Spirit desires" seems beyond question.

OF COURSE you can pray for them, and if the Lord gives you positive direction to deliver ministry to them, then be obedient to it.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To add another interesting caveat, as I was talking to the pastor and his wife last night, they told me that they do not believe Jesus is GOD. I have started a thread about that. It was incredibly difficult to talk to them about it because the pastor's wife is in such a state of always being angry & defensive that she would keep interrupting and reading into things I said. It is very HARD to communicate with people who refuse to deal with their stuff so they won't read rejection into everything they hear.
There is no 'membership' at the church. They started the church and call it Pentecostal, but the Spirit is not moving much there. There is no membership at all (which is good because it's not biblical). They also do not outright tell the congregation that they don't believe Jesus is God (something I just found out last night).
That said, I have talked to the pastor directly about his wife needing help and he knows that (after all, he's the one she's screeching at in hostility). He told me that when they're alone it gets very hostile. She is not submitted to her husband. They are 70 yrs old and have never done anything to deal with this problem. They have money to go on trips and spend on frivolous things, but apparently don't want to spend any to get her soul healed.

@Daniel Marsh - it's a teenie tiny church, the pastor only preaches twice a month, and someone else does it the rest of the time. He is not overloaded at all.

This is just my impression, but I would get out of there. For many, many reasons.

If the Pastor and his wife founded the church, and there's literally no one above them in authority, like, no denomination to be accountable to, it can be very, very easy for spiritual abuse, theological error, damaging teachings, and financial fraud to occur. Especially if these people are claiming to have a very direct and emotional connection to God.

I would leave, and begin to pray about finding another place to worship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Being a Pastor is a very,very stressful job. We often take it for granted how much pressure the leader of the congregation is under,just trying to put one (Biblical) sermon together takes a lot of concentration,energy and discipline let alone preaching and organizing the sermon. I think it's much harder then it looks to be a Pastor hence why God through Paul designed such strict requirements for the role of a Pastor. And clinical depression has no cure or identifiable cause so the sufferers of this problem should receive our compassion and prayers,they didn't ask for this condition and they can't rid themselves of it only medicate.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I guess I'm confused.

I have a suggestion for him........
about a week ago I took an online course by Kevin Zadai Th. D. called..... "Mystery of the Power Words".... Kevin Zadai and his wife pray for hours over their students........... and I began his course on a Saturday..... I had a lot of free time and finished on Monday morning and as i drove to the town nearby to pick up groceries I was able to pray with a focus and a clarity that I cannot ever remember having in my sixty years...........

When you find a teacher who prays for their students in tongues.......... healing happens........ and one of his courses is free of charge to get people started........

Do a search for Warrior Notes School of Ministry if you are interested.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How do we know that what the OP is true? The Pastor is not here to defend herself?

Good question.... but the only things that we know about the Pastor is that they are from Canada and Pentecostal........ so we have no particular reason to doubt that the opening post is sincere!

If the city or town was given.... that would be a bit different.......!

Upvote 0