✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Mormon Teaching:
Spirit element has always existed; it is co-eternal with God. (Teachings, pp. 352-354.) It is also called intelligence or the light of truth, which "was not created or made, neither can be. (D. & C. 93:29).
McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p. 751

Animals, fowls, fishes, plants and all forms of life were first created as distinct spirit entities in pre-existence before they were created "naturally upon the face of the earth." That is they lived as spirit entities before coming to the earth; they were spirit animals, spirit birds, and so forth. (Moses 3:1-9.) Each spirit creation had the same form as to outward appearance as it now has in mortality --- "the spirit of man," the revelation specifies, being "in the likeness of his person, as also the spirit of the beast, and every other creature which God has created." (D. & C. 77:2)
McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p. 750

Do all dogs have souls? :scratch:

As sometimes defined in scripture, the spirit and the physical body together constitute the soul (Gen. 2:7; D&C 88:15; Moses 3:7, 9, 19; Abr. 5:7).
Spirit

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Looks like all false religions are headed right to interfaith.
Happy to see you are no longer LDS.
Do all dogs have souls, not like us.
We were the ones created in the image of God.
you probably already know how dangerous the lds religion is.
I am so happy to see you were led out by Gods grace. I say amen and praise the Lord.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever seen "The 5th Element" with Bruce Willis???

Spirit element has always existed; it is co-eternal with God. (Teachings, pp. 352-354.) It is also called intelligence or the light of truth, which "was not created or made, neither can be. (D. & C. 93:29).
McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p. 751

This sounds like an attempt to define the Holy Spirit outside of the definitions provided in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Mormon view of their godhead:

22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
Doctrine and Covenants 130

I still don't understand how they think this scripture makes sense. They didn't teach me that the Holy Ghost indwells anyone. They taught me that He can be in only one place at a time, but His influence can be everywhere.

I haven't seen "The Fifth Element." The trailer looks scary for this old lady!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
(Hebrews ruah; Gr. pneuma), properly wind or breath. In 2 Thessalonians 2:8 it means "breath," and in Ecclesiastes 8:8 the vital principle in man. It also denotes the rational, immortal soul by which man is distinguished (Acts 7:59; 1 Corinthians 5:5; 6:20; 7:34), and the soul in its separate state (Hebrews 12:23), and hence also an apparition (Job 4:15; Luke 24:37, 39), an angel (Hebrews 1:14), and a demon (Luke 4:36; 10:20). This word is used also metaphorically as denoting a tendency (Zechariah 12:10; Luke 13:11).

In Romans 1:4, 1 Timothy 3:16, 2 Corinthians 3:17, 1 Peter 3:18, it designates the divine nature.
Easton's Bible Dictionary

Upvote 0