Is Spilling Your Seed a Sin? Is It Wrong to Waste Sperm?

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If u call love for God&man as moral absolute then u r still under law. But if u say,'Jesus lives &loves thru me & i am blessed &saved only by Jesus' blood & not by my loving God/man', u r under grace. Under grace u love as it gives joy & not to earn blessings or salvation.

I'm not sure exactly what you believe about this, but I think you've shown enough above that you don't know what Paul was saying about not being under the law. Even Paul wrote in I Corinthians 9,
"To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law."

Paul describes the person under the law in Romans 7, where the law of sin and death operates in the individual. Sin takes advantage of the commandment and uses it to 'kill' him. After all, the wages of sin is death. I the case of the one who is under grace, the Lord works in him to will and to do according to God's good pleasure.

That certainly doesn't mean that there are no moral absolutes.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
.....................no words.

I am engaged to someone and this question is being asked for when we are married. I want to ask now because its seems very confusing. I apologize if I am blunt about this. Theres really no other way to ask. And yes I am very serious about this. I want to make sure everything I do is correct!

I was always taught a man should not spill his seed (sperm). Which might I add confuses me when it comes to masturbation, buts thats another topic. My question(s) are/is am I taken the line about spilling the seed out of context?

A few examples are when I am married and I use a condom, am I sinning by letting the sperm be in the condom and die off?

Another thing along the same lines is I don't want to get my wife pregnant because of issues I don't wish to discuss. So if I pull out and let the semon spill is that a sin to?

Lastly what about when it comes to, um... your wife using her mouth? Is this also considered a sin? Someone told me (again I apologize for the bluntness) that its a sin if she spits it out. But if she swallows then its not a sin because somewhere in the Songs of Samson (?) it talks about her eating his fruit or something.

---EDIT---
I might as well ask while I have the topic up. If for some reason she gets pregant and we use the morning after pill, is that considered abortion and a sin? My health is very complex and I fear having a child as sick as me because not only will the childs life be rough, but I get SSI and cannot afford to have a child. Theres also the issue of because of my disabilities I may not be able to raise them properly. I guess I could have the dotor do that thing where the cut me so I can't have children.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure exactly what you believe about this, but I think you've shown enough above that you don't know what Paul was saying about not being under the law. Even Paul wrote in I Corinthians 9,
"To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law."

Paul describes the person under the law in Romans 7, where the law of sin and death operates in the individual. Sin takes advantage of the commandment and uses it to 'kill' him. After all, the wages of sin is death. I the case of the one who is under grace, the Lord works in him to will and to do according to God's good pleasure.

That certainly doesn't mean that there are no moral absolutes.
"As with / without law"-Paul talks about external appearance but in substance & spirit law is dead (rom7:1-4)& we are dead to it.
God does not see sin but faith in his Son-2cor5:19.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lastly what about when it comes to, um... your wife using her mouth? Is this also considered a sin? Someone told me (again I apologize for the bluntness) that its a sin if she spits it out. But if she swallows then its not a sin because somewhere in the Songs of Samson (?) it talks about her eating his fruit or something.

That doesn't sound like a reasonable interpretation of the Song of Solomon. But I wonder if the guy who told you this was successful using that line to get his preference.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That doesn't sound like a reasonable interpretation of the Song of Solomon. But I wonder if the guy who told you this was successful using that line to get his preference.
Song of Solomon 6:11 I went down to the garden of nuts To see the verdure of the valley, To see whether the vine had budded And the pomegranates had bloomed.

Actually, oral is EXACTLY what the SOS is talking about. In one verse. And there is no mention of spitting or swallowing. (that was added)

But everywhere it says his lips dripped with myrrh or gathered lillies - it is him giving HER oral.

The SoS is all about HER sexual pleasure; and only a few instances refer to his enjoyment.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The interpretation of SoS that it refers to the love of Christ and the church is totally made up. No where in the Bible do we have
this given as an example of what SoS was written to communicate. Since on of the themes of SoS is the love between a couple,
I have not problem aplying what is found in SoS to what it means for us to love Christ, the love of siblings and the love of couples.
I think we should start with what the book is, an erotic poem where a lot of symbolism is used to convey the eroticism that this
couple is feeling toward each other. While its the only book of this nature in the Bible, there were other writings of that nature
in the ancient world.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The interpretation of SoS that it refers to the love of Christ and the church is totally made up. No where in the Bible do we have this given as an example of what SoS was written to communicate.
Not exactly true. The intrepretation that it represented God and Israel was already in existence well before Paul wrote in Ephesians 5 that marriage was a picture of Christ and the church.
I think we should start with what the book is, an erotic poem where a lot of symbolism is used to convey the eroticism that this couple is feeling toward each other.
All Hebrew scripture (and the poetic parts especially) have multiple layers of meaning; 4 are recognized and named and I believe there is a 5th as well.

What you are talking about is the peshat level - the plain meaning. There are also remez, drash and sod levels. The 5th does not have a name but is a direct visual understanding from the pictogram letters that made up the ancient paleo-Hebrew alphabet.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When a person reads the context of Onan and what offended God...questions about the sinfulness of "spilling the seed" make about as much sense to me as discussing the righteousness of driving because someone used a getaway car.

Reactions: Si_monfaith
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
God created man nude & to live so forever! Do u say God was not reasonable?

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the Onan story, Onan took Tamar. He had sex with Tamar. He kept Tamar from the next-closest relative to raise up seed with him. But he did coitus interuptus, apparently, to keep from raising up seed unto his brother. How is that an argument against masturbation? For all we know, he never did that and had really good timing.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am not separating love from grace. Rather i am separating love from law. If u say that by your love for God&man u r saved then u r under law not grace.
lol u noob r u a troll? :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums