• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Special prayer request

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by rusmeister, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+11,696
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    they are really premature !

There's a long hard struggle ahead - normally babies are not really considered to be viable before 28 weeks. Their lungs are still pretty weak , not yet fully developed.

Lots and lots and lots of prayers for these little precious ones.

2. ikonographics

ikonographics In patience I waited patiently on the Lord

+428
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Lord have mercy!!

3. Shieldmaiden4Christ

Shieldmaiden4Christ Eastward bound

+80
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    They're at a gestational age where, if they have the right interventions and medical team, they have a fairly strong chance of surviving. The chance of them having disabilities is really high, though.

Lord have mercy!

4. rusmeister

rusmeister A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian

+2,251
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Yeah. My sister's children are having problems with their kids. We've had a stillborn, and other problems. This is not going to be a quick resolution. Thank you all!

5. Trying_to_be_Orthodox

Trying_to_be_Orthodox Newbie

+28
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Lord, have mercy!

6. All4Christ

All4Christ ✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙ Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+6,396
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Lord have mercy!

7. ~Anastasia~

~Anastasia~ † Servant of God † Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+15,543
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Still keeping them in prayer, and forgive me, but I wanted to ask how they are?

8. Stabat Mater

Stabat Mater Jesus Christ conquers! Supporter

+6,672
    Holy See (vatican City State)
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    Lord have mercy!

9. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+11,838
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    continued prayers, rus!

10. rusmeister

rusmeister A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian

+2,251
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Thank you for remembering!!
    An update from this last week:

"Miss Lilly had a good day. they increased her feeds to 39ml and she had an eye exam today and her right eye looks about the same as it did when the dr checked last but her left eye looks better now because the medicine traveled through her blood and treated her left eye as well. She now weighs 4lbs 13oz.
    Miss Lila has been having a rough few days. Today they did a septic work up to see if she is getting sick. But they started antibiotics as a precaution. The Drs also decided she needs another ventricular tap in the morning. Lila also had an eye exam today. She has stage 2 ROP with plus disease and needs treatment. The blood vessels in her eyes are hemorrhaging as well so she will have the same procedure Lilly had done either tomorrow or Wednesday. Lila is needing increased ventilator support and she has atelectasis which is where the alveoli in the lungs are collapsed and don't inflate. Her entire right lung is being affected and a decent portion of her left one as well. She is up to 11ml feeds and tolerating it. But they have to stop feeds for her procedure. Poor thing can't catch a break no matter what. Lila now weighs 3lbs 15oz
    The only thing that happened today that I was so happy I cried. I was able to bring Lilly over to Lila's bedside and they were able to take pictures together. Because of the septic workup they wouldn't let them touch but it was enough for me that they were just able to be next to each other and I was able to look at them at the same time!"

11. ~Anastasia~

~Anastasia~ † Servant of God † Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+15,543
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Thank God for His mercy and help that the little ones are growing stronger! And thank you for the update.

I will certain keep Lisa, Lilly, and Lila in prayers. It sounds as though they still have a long road ahead of them, which I had expected of babies born so soon. But thank God that they are improving!

12. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+5,386
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Great thread. Sorry I've come late to it. I've been pretty down and out, in a dark and crabby mood this week. Glory to God for the blessings I've read in this thread though!

13. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+11,696
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    They have come a long way Rus - clearly the little ones are fighters.

Prayers continue for the babies and their parents and all who care for them

14. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+11,838
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    continued prayers, rus!

15. All4Christ

All4Christ ✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙ Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+6,396
    United States