next to God
✟15,900.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had this dream that has been staying on my mind. Maybe it means something, maybe not. But I would appreciate anyone's input.

I was in this great big house, in a room with no one there except me. I had these special powers. I looked around the room and I wanted flowers growing all around there. So I pointed my finger and I said "flowers." I kept doing that until the room was growing the flowers that I liked. Then I walked out of the room and I met the character "Buffy" from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". She was trying to escape the building. The walls and other things had these spirits that you couldn't see but they were preventing her from leaving. I led her all the way to the main hall to the front door. She was walking in front of me and the walls and molding wouldn't let her leave. They would bow up to stop her. So I walked in front of her and the walls and things went back to normal and she got out of the building. But after she escaped, I wasn't able to. I seemed ok with that as long as she got out. Then I woke up.

I haven't been watching "Buffy" so I have no idea why that character was there. And I also love God with all my heart so I don't know why I had those "special powers" in my dream either.

Thank you all and God bless you.

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I believe that God promises that with His Spirit and Power in us we do have 'special powers'. Jesus even went so far as to say:

copyChkboxOff.gif
Jhn 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Jhn 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Jhn 14:14
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].

The flowers are a symbol of beauty and peace and the temple encorporated carved flowers covered with gold. In Song of solomon the Lord's beauty is described using the metaphor of flowers dripping myrhh.
Peraps this was a sign that you were in the most holy place with God and this is why you were able to have authority over the spirit realm and help the girl who was trapped in that house essentially "setting the captive free" John8:36 If the Son thereforehttp://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G3767&t=KJV shall make http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G0&t=KJVyou free, ye shall be free indeed.

Just my thoughts. gg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Kudos for being stronger than Buffy.
I believe that God promises that with His Spirit and Power in us we do have 'special powers'. Jesus even went so far as to say:

copyChkboxOff.gif
Jhn 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Jhn 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Jhn 14:14
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].
Do you have time to do any reading? You might want to pick up some books on miracles and spiritual warfare. Sometimes public libraries carry good oldies like:

Like a Mighty Wind: Cliff Dudley: 9780892211234: Christianbook.com.

We all need reminders, and God is so good to keep encouraging u and boosting our confidence in what He can do through us.

Notice that the walls kept her from doing things, not you. You were able to make things appear, and visualize things into existence, but were not controlling her. Compare that to some belief systems where spells try to control what others do.

Jesus says ask, seek, knock...whatever we ask...allow faith to get our feet out on the water. He does not hold back in what we can ask for. That is like the flowers -- the things you wish you could see happen.

In your dream, the walls were like the hosts of Heaven holding back a person's activity.

Or if you took the show more literally, flip that. It might be harassing spirits holding her back from stopping evil. You were in the house unharmed because you relied on faith, on God's help. Buffy relied on her own heroism, wit, and strength. These did not hold up against unseen established powers. You were able to walk right through the fire unharmed -- through the established spirits, the rooms with walls.

Either way, it seems the dream is reminding you of supernatural aspects of your life walk.

Many of us have had revelation about God's ways shown through movies and TV... we don't have to apply the whole scenario to the analogy, but at least use the little bits that are similar.

Here's a search list on books that might build off your dream's train of thought.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had this dream that has been staying on my mind. Maybe it means something, maybe not. But I would appreciate anyone's input.

I was in this great big house, in a room with no one there except me. I had these special powers. I looked around the room and I wanted flowers growing all around there. So I pointed my finger and I said "flowers." I kept doing that until the room was growing the flowers that I liked. Then I walked out of the room and I met the character "Buffy" from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". She was trying to escape the building. The walls and other things had these spirits that you couldn't see but they were preventing her from leaving. I led her all the way to the main hall to the front door. She was walking in front of me and the walls and molding wouldn't let her leave. They would bow up to stop her. So I walked in front of her and the walls and things went back to normal and she got out of the building. But after she escaped, I wasn't able to. I seemed ok with that as long as she got out. Then I woke up.

I haven't been watching "Buffy" so I have no idea why that character was there. And I also love God with all my heart so I don't know why I had those "special powers" in my dream either.

Thank you all and God bless you.

Just as you spoke for flowers you should speak for the evil that attacks you to perish. You are able to assist others to escape from evil. Give them good counsil.

Upvote 0
S

Shesapeach

Your dream reminds me of God's creative power. He said "let there be light" and there was light. We do what He does.

I imagine the house was the world. The flowers would be like the beautiful result of using the power God gives you.

I don't know about Buffy other than it's like you are helping others escape the confines of the devil in their lives through the power of God that He has given you.

Reactions: Firewater
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you found this dream unsettling, then perhaps it's a warning that temptation is coming and you need to prepare for it by staying very close to Christ. It will be tempting to use human effort to get practical results, but though there might be results, they will come at a high cost. The key is to abide in the power of the Name, the power of the Blood. Then nothing can touch you, and you will gain release for others and come out stronger yourself.

For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete. -2cor 10.4-6

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Paul said:
...perhaps it's a warning that temptation is coming and you need to prepare for it by staying very close to Christ. It will be tempting to use human effort to get practical results, but though there might be results, they will come at a high cost. The key is to abide in the power of the Name, the power of the Blood. Then nothing can touch you, and you will gain release for others and come out stronger yourself.
Shes said:
reminds me of God's creative power. He said "let there be light" and there was light. We do what He does.
Welcome here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums