Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That is interesting :) Thank you for sharing! By special education, I mean people with things like Down Syndrome, Mental Illnesses like ADHD (the ones who cannot handle our regular children's/adult programs), and other diseases that make social activity difficult or impossible. We only have one student who is non-verbal, but we have others that are too lost in space to really communicate. There are others that interact with our Bible Lesson. It is more of a story time. We use flannels to help the kids focus. We allow them to Velcro the people/figures to the board so they can learn. We have memory verses that we help them repeat. It is super cool. We have a special group, but nonetheless we try to meet the needs of each individual :D

• Agree
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That is interesting :) Thank you for sharing! By special education, I mean people with things like Down Syndrome, Mental Illnesses like ADHD (the ones who cannot handle our regular children's/adult programs), and other diseases that make social activity difficult or impossible. We only have one student who is non-verbal, but we have others that are too lost in space to really communicate. There are others that interact with our Bible Lesson. It is more of a story time. We use flannels to help the kids focus. We allow them to Velcro the people/figures to the board so they can learn. We have memory verses that we help them repeat. It is super cool. We have a special group, but nonetheless we try to meet the needs of each individual :D
Yeah, what do I know? Seriously? All of my kids are "children of God". I'm not sure that I treat them as needed but I am absolutely sure they are loved, both by God (most importantly), and me, by derivation. But nevertheless, I expect the same respect for God from all my kids. They come back and seem to respect me, but God forbid I drive them away, so I hope I reflect Jesus to them. But what do I lnow? I am a sinful, privileged, white male, unordained and without training...if you can give me a better way to witness to my kids, whom I love, then I will listen. God loves them more than me, despite, or perhaps because of, their limitations...I challenge you to show otherwise!

Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, what do I know? Seriously? All of my kids are "children of God". I'm not sure that I treat them as needed but I am absolutely sure they are loved, both by God (most importantly), and me, by derivation. But nevertheless, I expect the same respect for God from all my kids. They come back and seem to respect me, but God forbid I drive them away, so I hope I reflect Jesus to them. But what do I lnow? I am a sinful, privileged, white male, unordained and without training...if you can give me a better way to witness to my kids, whom I love, then I will listen. God loves them more than me, despite, or perhaps because of, their limitations...I challenge you to show otherwise!

I am not God :) I am sure He loves each and every one of our students more than we do. It just takes a lot of work sometimes. I do hope you are not offended. I was just making sure we were talking about the same group of people, that is all :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am not God :) I am sure He loves each and every one of our students more than we do. It just takes a lot of work sometimes. I do hope you are not offended. I was just making sure we were talking about the same group of people, that is all :)
Not offended at all...just very defensive of my kids...sure you understand...different approach, but same need for God's love, forgiveness and hope as anyne else...same group of kids...all members of the Kingdom of God...don't minister without minimizing their contributions...sometimes they are further along in their walk with the Master than a "normal" like me following Him for 35 + years...

• Agree
Reactions: Zoey <3
Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not offended at all...just very defensive of my kids...sure you understand...different approach, but same need for God's love, forgiveness and hope as anyne else...same group of kids...all members of the Kingdom of God...don't ministry minimize their contributions...sometimes they are further along in their walk with the Master than a "normal" like me dollowong Him for 35 + years...

I agree completely. Like when I mentor people on my mental health apps. The majority of them already have God and the rest quickly ask about Him.

Especially the ones who are non-verbal. I would think they are closer to God than any other human beings at all. I could be wrong, as I am only human. But I highly doubt our God would leave them entirely to their own thoughts :)

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree completely. Like when I mentor people on my mental health apps. The majority of them already have God and the rest quickly ask about Him.

Especially the ones who are non-verbal. I would think they are closer to God than any other human beings at all. I could be wrong, as I am only human. But I highly doubt our God would leave them entirely to their own thoughts :)
I often think that those who can communicate it the least have the better knowledge and awareness of the Living God, so at best, I am playing catch up. Blessed be the poor in Spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of God.

Reactions: Zoey <3
Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I often think that those who can communicate it the least have the better knowledge and awareness of the Living God, so at best, I am playing catch up. Blessed be the poor in Spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of God.

Amen!

• Prayers
Upvote 0