PottersHands

Jan 4, 2017
Minnesota
✟24,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the phone yesterday with a friend of mine who came home from Europe and was met as he walked in the door by a 10 foot tall black spirit who spoke to him in Latin. He knows some latin. He said it charged him and went right through him. This is not his first encounter. As we talked I asked him if he'd ever asked Jesus for help. Our call was immediately cut-off. He called back and said, "Don't ever bring that up again. When you said that everything in the house turned on and off three times and then the Bose radio came on and said my name." Here's what makes this really complicated, he believes in Jesus but he doesn't want to make this thing angry. (I know what you're going to say) just appreciate the fact that for some reason there are people who have ongoing very real manifestations daily. It seems to me getting caught up in whether tongues are real or not is missing the larger issue which is about just helping people who are in trouble.

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the phone yesterday with a friend of mine who came home from Europe and was met as he walked in the door by a 10 foot tall black spirit who spoke to him in Latin. He knows some latin. He said it charged him and went right through him. This is not his first encounter. As we talked I asked him if he'd ever asked Jesus for help. Our call was immediately cut-off. He called back and said, "Don't ever bring that up again. When you said that everything in the house turned on and off three times and then the Bose radio came on and said my name." Here's what makes this really complicated, he believes in Jesus but he doesn't want to make this thing angry. (I know what you're going to say) just appreciate the fact that for some reason there are people who have ongoing very real manifestations daily. It seems to me getting caught up in whether tongues are real or not is missing the larger issue which is about just helping people who are in trouble.
Tell him to read "The Adversary" it addresses those who are afraid to fight back. He has to.

Upvote 0

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

As Billy Graham once said, "Most professing Christians have just enough spirituality to inoculate them against the real thing." The most priceless experiences of the Holy Spirit most dramatically promote God's kingdom and are for this very reason masked by spiritual counterfeits. The gift of tongues is an important power source for holy living, but care must be taken to ensure that one experiences the real thing. Read post (16) on the purpose of speaking on tongues and especially post (31) on how to receive the authentic gift of tongues.

Paul was so successful precisely because he realized the vital importance of accessing divine power, not just correct theology. The modern church generally freezes like Bambi in the headlights when confronted with shocking texts like these 2 from 1 Corinthians:

"My speech and my proclamation were not with plausible words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on the power of God (2:4-5)."

"But I will come to you now, if the Lord wills, and find out not the talk of these people, but their power. For the kingdom of God depends not on talk, but on power (4:19-10)."
"

Upvote 0

PottersHands

Jan 4, 2017
Minnesota
✟24,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As Billy Graham once said, "Most professing Christians have just enough spirituality to inoculate them against the real thing." The most priceless experiences of the Holy Spirit most dramatically promote God's kingdom and are for this very reason masked by spiritual counterfeits. The gift of tongues is an important power source for holy living, but care must be taken to ensure that one experiences the real thing. Read post (16) on the purpose of speaking on tongues and especially post (31) on how to receive the authentic gift of tongues.

Paul was so successful precisely because he realized the vital importance of accessing divine power, not just correct theology. The modern church generally freezes like Bambi in the headlights when confronted with shocking texts like these 2 from 1 Corinthians:

"My speech and my proclamation were not with plausible words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on the power of God (2:4-5)."

"But I will come to you now, if the Lord wills, and find out not the talk of these people, but their power. For the kingdom of God depends not on talk, but on power (4:19-10)."
"

Deadworm I read every word you post here and look forward to anything you have to say. I've had two experiences with my friend in the past 3 years where I made a simple statement about suggesting he ask Jesus for help and literally all hell breaks loose in the house he lives in. They use the electronics in the house and can direct electrical circuits. They also respond directly to these words I say. Simple words about Jesus, BOOM! It drives them crazy.

I wish you were across the street from me here in Minnesota, Godforsaken land of the ELCA.

• Friendly
Reactions: ClementofA
Upvote 0

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I must confess that my supernatural experiences have become much less frequent in the past decade. I now realize the reason: I no longer speak in tongues or even devote significant time to long prayer vigils during which I tearily seek God's face. True, I think I have a far more sophisticated grasp of the relevant spiritual issues, but, as I have said, theological understanding is the booby prize because it offers just enough spirituality to vaccinate us (me, included) against the real thing--a prayer-soaked life in the Spirit. As I reread through the experiences on this thread, I have been convicted of my spiritual neglect and hope to correct that.

This Sunday, I'm having lunch with a new believer who is Spirit baptized and, as a result, ministers the gift of healing in a spectacular way to those in need, some of whom I know personally. In a restaurant across the street from my apartment, his angels have promoted him to confront and prayer for 2 guys I know who had very dangerous large blood clots. Both were instantly healed! His gift of seeing angels hovering around the people he prays for makes him unique, scary, and intriguing; so I hope to ask him whether he sees angels around me and what I need to know about their perspective on me!!!

Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must confess that my supernatural experiences have become much less frequent in the past decade. I now realize the reason: I no longer speak in tongues or even devote significant time to long prayer vigils during which I tearily seek God's face. True, I think I have a far more sophisticated grasp of the relevant spiritual issues, but, as I have said, theological understanding is the booby prize because it offers just enough spirituality to vaccinate us (me, included) against the real thing--a prayer-soaked life in the Spirit. As I reread through the experiences on this thread, I have been convicted of my spiritual neglect and hope to correct that.

This Sunday, I'm having lunch with a new believer who is Spirit baptized and, as a result, ministers the gift of healing in a spectacular way to those in need, some of whom I know personally. In a restaurant across the street from my apartment, his angels have promoted him to confront and prayer for 2 guys I know who had very dangerous large blood clots. Both were instantly healed! His gift of seeing angels hovering around the people he prays for makes him unique, scary, and intriguing; so I hope to ask him whether he sees angels around me and what I need to know about their perspective on me!!!
I don't want to sound negative, but your post concerned me. I would be cautious of anyone who claims to see angels. I don't want to say your friend is lying, but there are a number of explanations. I don't think God allows angels to appear regularly to people - I think it only happens on very rare occasions. In spiritual things, it is very easy for people to deceive others - or be deceived. I think caution should prevail when someone claims to have beings appear. There are many warnings in Scripture, even "satan appears as an angel of light" so any claims should be viewed cautiously.

Upvote 0