• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

SpaceX Falcon Heavy Rocket Launch

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by wing2000, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Trogdor the Burninator

Trogdor the Burninator Senior Veteran

+1,884
    Christian
    Landing two boosters in formation, upright = mind blown.

And for the more practical types, there's this:-

There's a starman, sitting in a car … and it's all to do with Elon Musk

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. TerranceL

TerranceL Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?

+4,549
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Ok folks plug some headphones in and hear what the launch sounded like:

3. Antig

Antig Active Member

+271
    Ireland
    Christian
    Single
    You are wrong.

Manking should concentrate on feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, looking after the sick etc. Space travel is worthless.

4. Antig

Antig Active Member

+271
    Ireland
    Christian
    Single
    Looking after the needy is much more important.

5. Antig

Antig Active Member

+271
    Ireland
    Christian
    Single
    Then, man has still got his priorities wrong!

6. Antig

Antig Active Member

+271
    Ireland
    Christian
    Single
    Donald Duck

7. majj27

majj27 Mr. Owl has had quite enough

+2,818
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    We could do that at any time and still have a robust and active space program much larger than our current one! We just decided somewhere along the line to not do that. It's hardly space travel's fault.

See, those problems were hear PRIOR to Space Travel. We still could have fixed them. We didn't. Space Travel has never been what is stopping us.

8. Antig

Antig Active Member

+271
    Ireland
    Christian
    Single
    All the money in space travel could be used for clothing the naked, feeding the hungry, housing the homeless etc etc.....

9. Trogdor the Burninator

Trogdor the Burninator Senior Veteran

+1,884
    Christian
    So could the money blown on the F-35....

10. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+16,213
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    All that could be done with a tiny fraction of military expenditures.

11. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,940
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Suck on that North Korea.

12. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,940
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    There is more money in the movie and video game industries that could be used to feed the hungry and house the homeless and these industries only exist for entertainment.

Space exploration at least has given us practical benefits and not just a way to waste a couple hours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. majj27

majj27 Mr. Owl has had quite enough

+2,818
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    So could ANY OTHER MONEY. Since we never look at, say, the World Cup and say "Let's stop doing that and feed the hungry", pointing at space programs which have ACTUAL LASTING BENEFITS TO HUMANITY and declaring them a waste is, at best, silly.

14. dgiharris

dgiharris Newbie

+5,130
    Baptist
    TRue

even with all that, this is a monster accomplishment :D

wonder if we will be able to see stream footage for when it crashes into an asteroid

Should probably start an over under bet on a website for if/when it will crash into an asteroid :p

15. dgiharris

dgiharris Newbie

+5,130
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

lets not get sidetracked as we discuss one of the most significant achievements in our lifetime.

The benefits of space are so obvious that if you have to explain them then said person wouldn't be capable of understanding even if you broke it down with a paint-by-numbers drawing and sock puppets...

I went to bed dreaming of the future...

then when you couple this with the other breakthroughs in space propulsion like the ion drive and the RF drive, we are seriously at the dawn of a whole new era for mankind.

This is so awesome... My inner nerdy is giddy with excitement

16. TerranceL

+4,549
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
  17. LostMarbels

LostMarbels All-Lives-Matter

+3,815
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    That's a good thing tho, and one I agree with. I am a firm believer that private industry is more apt to understanding the 'boots on the ground' than beauracrates, and as such, would more readily understand and/or acknowledge or remedy situations concerning the individuals conducting space travel.

Where a government bureaucrat may be more inclined to worry about lobbyists and the like, a private industry will be more inclined to take a more common sense approach addressing the issues as presented. I honestly believe this will allow space exploration to grow along the lines of research and real everyday day needs, rather than what can be accomplished for political gain, and headlines.

I think that will make for a more 'user friendly' approach to space exploration, and make space exploration more attainable simple by means of addressing situations found in everyday life. Rather than just shooting someone to mars for politics, actualy having concern about what it would be like on the trip if you will.

18. LostMarbels

LostMarbels All-Lives-Matter

+3,815
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Ahhhhh......... I can close my eyes and hear my dishes rattling and coffee pot about to hit the floor. Love that sound.

19. Antig

Antig Active Member

+271
    Ireland
    Christian
    Single
    Its a shame that society, mankind, plough sp much money into needless things. Not just space exploration!

20. TerranceL

+4,549
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Like the internet right? I mean I'm sure you live hand to mouth and give all your money to the poor.