• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

SPA-Gate Lady Cindy Yang May Have Sold Access to Donald

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by DaisyDay, Mar 13, 2019.

1. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+9,801
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Remember Robert Kraft who got busted for soliciting prostitution in Florida at Orchids of Asia spa last January? Cindy Yang used to own it back in 2013 when it was known as Tokyo Day Spa, which is a chain she founded. She was not involved in the bust this year.

Trump cheered Patriots to Super Bowl victory with founder of spa where Kraft was busted
    Ms. Yang has since branched out into politics. Selfie taken with Donald at Mar-a-lago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Everything to Know About the Spa Founder Selling Access to Trump
    She contributes a bunch of money and had a "charity".
    There's more - just click on the links.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,585
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    At first I thought this waa gotcha journalism, but it's looking worse and worse as time goes by. Not that His supporters or apologists will care, but this administration is making Grant's look law squeeky clean by comparison.

3. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,268
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    She's what I'd call a groupie of the Trump family and the Republican Party.

4. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+9,801
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes, it looks real. The Herald's reporting is extensive and intensive. MotherJones is also in on it - while they may be leftward, they do real reporting with documentation and fact-checking.
    The White House says Trump "doesn't know" the massage parlor owner peddling access to him :
    After four days of silence, the White House has finally addressed questions about Cindy Yang, the massage parlor owner who sold Chinese business executives access to President Donald Trump and his family at Mar-a-Lago.

“The President doesn’t know this woman,” Judd Deere, a White House spokesman, told Mother Jones on Tuesday.

...Though her family still owns other massage parlors, Yang in 2017 launched a new business, GY US Investments LLC, that offered to help clients gain access to Trump and members of his administration. On its website, disabled on Friday, the firm boasted it could arrange photos with the president along with opportunities to “interact with the president, the Minister of Commerce and other political figures,” and that it could set up a “White House and Capitol Hill Dinner.”

Yang’s apparent ability to access Trump and other top Republican figures highlights a national security risk that could be exploited by foreign intelligence agencies, experts say. Yang is a member of the Florida branch of the Council for the Promotion of the Peaceful Reunification of China (CPPRC) and the Miami chapter of the American arm of the Chinese Association of Science and Technology. Both groups have direct links to China’s Communist Party. Analysts of Chinese foreign policy describe the CPPRC as an instrument to project Chinese influence around the world.
    --Dan Friedman

5. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+13,144
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Now we know why we are losing the trade war with CHY-na.

6. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+17,540
    Agnostic
    Single
    They're selling access to Donald... imagine what they could accomplish with a product people wanted?

7. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,491
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    From the link:

Li Yang, 45, a self-made entrepreneur from China who started a chain of Asian day spas in South Florida. Over the years, these establishments —

So the woman who started the chain of day spa’s sat next to the President and somehow that makes the President look bad.

Good grief.

8. TLK Valentine

+17,540
    Agnostic
    Single
    You raise a point... given the class of criminals Donald usually associates with, a madam might be a step up.

Makes good business sense, really... now that Cohen's no longer available for hush money payments.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,491
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Nvm

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  10. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+10,400
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Remember when people said Trump didn't know who Stormy Daniels was? And then there were pictures of them together? And then people said it was just a picture together, and they didn't really know each other? And there was no affair? And he didn't pay her off? And step by step, it was all shown to be lies?

I certainly do.

I don't know if we'll get as many lies out of this story as that one, but we're already up to one.

People should honestly start paying attention to me.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,491
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Do you have proof showing she is a madam?

I don’t recall any charges against her. The franchise owners have been, but nothing on her

Got a link? I know you wouldn’t say something not factual.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  12. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+13,144
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Good point. It’s probably that he makes her look bad.

13. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+9,801
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Read the links in the OP and Post #4.

This may or may not impact on Donald and the other Republicans. We already know that people can buy access to the president by purchasing a membership to the club he owns, Mar-A-Lago. Several ambassadors have come from their ranks; they don't seem to have any particular expertise in foreign service, so why should Ms. Yang's selling access to him be any different?

14. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,268
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    There is nothing in the OP article that leads me to believe that Trump, his family, or any Republican has any personal connection to this woman.

However, there may be a concern about security according to the info. in the second article...

Yang’s apparent ability to access Trump and other top Republican figures highlights a national security risk that could be exploited by foreign intelligence agencies, experts say. Yang is a member of the Florida branch of the Council for the Promotion of the Peaceful Reunification of China (CPPRC) and the Miami chapter of the American arm of the Chinese Association of Science and Technology. Both groups have direct links to China’s Communist Party. Analysts of Chinese foreign policy describe the CPPRC as an instrument to project Chinese influence around the world.

But I haven't seen anything that appears to give her any inside access so until there is it's just a lot of spin. It's the same kind of spin that has been used against the Clintons.

15. TLK Valentine

+17,540
    Agnostic
    Single
    Nothing you'd accept.

A pity, really... given that Donald's no stranger to carnal economics (have paid for sex in the past), a madam really would be a sensible business partner...

But if you prefer, she's as innocent as Hillary Clinton.

(There... that should explode a few heads... :wave: )

16. TLK Valentine

+17,540
    Agnostic
    Single
    Shame on Donald for making the owner of massage parlors/brothels look bad...

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Go Braves

Go Braves I miss Senator McCain

+8,678
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    A lot of the folks who were all up in arms over Pizzagate, which was an idiotic conspiracy theory about human trafficking fueled by the likes of Mike Flynn Jr, have been awfully quiet about actual human trafficking.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+22,229
    Anglican
    Married
    We are seeing the effects of the Russian Collaboration thing having fallen flat. Something has to take its place, and we can see with this trial balloon how little there is choose from.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,585
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Do you have knowledge of the Mueller Report that none of us have?

Oh spare us the narrative. Someone Trump is friendly with seems to have sold access to him. That person has ties to a foreign government. This isn't a distraction. It's something worth investigating.

20. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,491
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    And yet it is perfectly fine for a Secretary of State to receive millions of dollars from foreign governments.

Nothing to see there