goat who dreamed he was a sheep
Mar 28, 2010
✟9,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Fast forward 10 years...

"If you or a loved one consumed a manufactured meat product and suffered from <insert bizarre ailment> you may be entitled to a cash award. Contact the law offices of Stiquette, Enya & Brayqetoff to see if you qualify!"

Upvote 0

Joseph Hazen

The Religious Loudmouth
May 2, 2011
The Silent Planet
✟17,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Fast forward 10 years...

"If you or a loved one consumed a manufactured meat product and suffered from <insert bizarre ailment> you may be entitled to a cash award. Contact the law offices of Stiquette, Enya & Brayqetoff to see if you qualify!"

My thoughts exactly. This stuff is never as good as the real thing in taste or health, and always has some string attached.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
" “It’s meat made out of plants,” Brown says. “We have taken the constituent parts of meat proteins and sourced them from the plant kingdom—proteins, water, lipids, trace minerals, carbohydrates—and recreated animal meat.” '

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/innovation-dominates-communication-79965946822.html

:doh:

Wow. I saw that "meat" at Whole Foods when I was looking for some soy crumbles. Well, I didn't get it because it wasn't organic. I got a different brand that uses non-GMO soy, and it works well for taco and sloppy joe meat. I don't know if it's that healthy. I'm thinking even though my boys love the Amy's veggie burgers, they are still pre-made (processed), so don't know if that's really healthy either.

Reactions: Yoseft
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Kind of defeats the purpose of fasting if we can enjoy the taste without it actually being what we are fasting from. Plus it is usually more expensive, which reduces our level of alms giving

Fr Schmemann says the same thing. you are not fasting by finding loopholes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well "good" is a relative term with regard to meat. The usual string attached to eating the real thing is cruelty and death as well as fecal matter and ammonia and other nasty garbage inside. They say the average hamburger contains an average of 100 dead cows mixed into one patty. Ammonia makes up around 65% of most burgers to kill the fecal elements within. Talk about strings attached! :p And if no chickens are getting their necks wrenched, no pigs bludgeoned in the head and beaten to death, nothing boiled while still alive or devastated in the head with an air gun, I'm happy. :)

My thoughts exactly. This stuff is never as good as the real thing in taste or health, and always has some string attached.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eating Amy's is MUCH healthier than the "real" stuff. Amy's uses organic ingredients and has a lot of Quinoa in it. That's good right there! Processed is fine as long as it is processed properly with the healthy things of the Earth we're meant to eat that build us up! I tend to avoid some brands that use heaps and heaps of crazy ingredients like Morningstar Farms, but Boca, some Gardenburger, and especially Gardein as well as some Trader Joe's and Whole Foods brands are outstanding. Amy's is one of the best!

Wow. I saw that "meat" at Whole Foods when I was looking for some soy crumbles. Well, I didn't get it because it wasn't organic. I got a different brand that uses non-GMO soy, and it works well for taco and sloppy joe meat. I don't know if it's that healthy. I'm thinking even though my boys love the Amy's veggie burgers, they are still pre-made (processed), so don't know if that's really healthy either.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually we can't sustain this animal product consumption, Knee-V! We're allowing the Amazon rainforest to be cut down, cleared, burned, and destroyed in order to make room for cattle that is mostly sent to, you guessed it, the good ole U S of A! This country has polluted millions of acres of vegetables, estuaries, wetlands, and other habitats with nasty farm run-off. We've destroyed so much soil and we're raping our environment. Vegetarianism isn't the problem.

A thousand times no. If I want meat, I will eat the flesh of an actual animal. God only knows how long we can sustain all our unnatural ways of living.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Mind if I pass too....I am not convinced this is "innocent" foodie for us...It it is organic and healthy for you ....ah...well maybe I will try if it has tons of chemicals nah....Not worth it I will pass....Someone is making money on my back .... What is wrong with eating shrimp or sea food for lent...? beans and rice etc. You can make chilly without meat; veggies burgers are yummy with a nice portobello mushroom :) . I like fasting from meat that I do not care about regardless....I hate soy products and I do not buy them I buy lentils, beans and plenty of pasta and veggies during lent and since I cannot fast the cheese I have that sooo no need for adding fake meat.

Reactions: Yoseft
Upvote 0