Sowing Thought Seeds!

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You can read from many spiritual people who sometimes wonder and question how they got where they are today. They have a certain destiny they don't like and wonder just how it all came about. Isn't there much truth to the statement below, Sow a thought which goes to action.....action to habit....habit to character.....and then character to destiny? It seems it's a progression. We never just got to where we are today usually by one certain thing. So how do we change the process? What does a discouraged soul do to start a new cycle of hope?

As the saying below goes it starts with the thoughts God gives us through his word, we plant them in our spirits with all diligence and the more one mediates in God's word it seems to carry with it it's own motivation which will take one to action. I find the parables of Jesus do this very well. They implant within one a picture or image of life and service to God and those thought seeds grow and develop and create a good harvest and a positive destiny. Any good thoughts on the matter?

upload_2020-5-25_1-34-34.jpeg

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sow a thought which goes to action.....action to habit....habit to character.....and then character to destiny? It seems it's a progression. We never just got to where we are today usually by one certain thing. So how do we change the process?

Chapter One
I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost …. I am helpless.
It isn’t my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter Two
I walk down the street.
I pretend that I don’t see it.
I fall in again.
I can’t believe I am in this same place.
But, it isn’t my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter Three
I walk down the same street.
I see it is there.
I still fall in … it’s a habit … but, my eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter Four
I walk down the same street.
I walk around it.

Chapter Five
I walk down another street.

~Bella

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, deep holes are not the only predicament we face in our spiritual walk. Especially dangerous are the muggers of vainglory that attack those who make progress and steal their spiritual fruit. Repulsing them with appropriate scriptures and prayer, as if with a pepper spray can help in some cases, however, the best way is to dress as poorly as possible thus avoiding their attention. Squirrels do it all the time and they escape most predators. And by poor dress, I mean ascribing faults (poisonous scent) to ourselves and concealing our virtues (natural scent).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can read from many spiritual people who sometimes wonder and question how they got where they are today....

"The preparation of the soil of human consciousness certainly requires something of us. Our preparation involves striving to open our thought to God, the source of all true consciousness. When our thought becomes more receptive to the life-giving purity of spiritual blessing and the sunlight of Truth, then the seeds of understanding naturally blossom into healing in our lives." Preparing the soil, planting the seed - Christian Science Sentinel

"We all have the opportunity to be thought-gardeners, to begin a new growth cycle, to cultivate our mental soil, and sow the seeds of God-like thoughts that produce regeneration and healing. “Warmed by the sunshine of Truth, watered by the heavenly dews of Love, the fruits of Christian Science spring upward . . . Are we feeling the vernal freshness and sunshine of enlightened faith?” (Mis. p 343)." March 2017 — A Time to Sow | High Ridge House

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"The preparation of the soil of human consciousness certainly requires something of us. Our preparation involves striving to open our thought to God, the source of all true consciousness.

Absolutely. It seems I've heard for years some giving testimony that they're defeated and stay defeated at no fault of their own. God has established however victory which is achieved through working though principles and instructions he has laid out in his word, various ones but I'm talking primarily here of sowing and reaping as it pertains to thoughts, actions, habits, becoming character and THEN destiny.

Upvote 0