United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hebrews 5:12 - 6:3
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
KJV Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, {principles...: or, word of the beginning of}
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Look at that scripture again.. Sanctify them by the truth. Your word is truth...Why do you have such a hard time excepting that the written word of God is alive an active?
I don't have a hard time but I know it is not only the written word of God and I know how to put the bible in proper perspective.

And what is the truth? It is Christ. The bible is not 'the truth', its just true. Do you see the difference?

The word is Christ, the truth is Christ. It is he who is alive and it is he who saves, Not the bible.

The bible can't save anyone.

Upvote 0

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't care whom brought us the word.. It is the word that is important..Not the whom.. even Paul did not set himself up as an authority but as bondservent of Jesus..
So now Paul had no teaching authroity?

How ascriptural are you willing to go just to have to avoid giving credit to the Church that Christ established?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So now Paul had no teaching authroity?

How ascriptural are you willing to go just to have to avoid giving credit to the Church that Christ established?
Are you talking about this "Assembly?

Hebrew 12:22 But, ye come to Mount Zion, and to a city of the living God, to the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of messengers, 23 to the company and assembly of the first-born in heaven enrolled, and to God the judge of all, and to spirits of righteous men made perfect, 24 and to a mediator of a new covenant--Jesus,

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Paul identified with Christ.. He tells us all the time that His authority comes from Christ and Christ alone.. He tells us that in Christ we have freedom.. He never gives the church the authority for anything.. He even states that we are the body but Christ is the head.. He wrote what he spoke.. so that in reading we could all believe and so we can take his teaching and make it our own guide into what Christ wanted us to know.. IF tradtition does not line up with scriputure then it cannot be something I must do.. Why because the Apostles did not preach it or write it. God would have made sure to put it in His word that of which He wants us to hear,do and believe in.. Gods written word is still the truth as it was in the times of the OT.. Even Jesus quoted scripture.. Jesus says you err not knowing the scriptures or the Power of God.. They go hand in hand... The church is not the truth.. it is not infallable.. But God and His written word are infallable.. To be upheld as truth by His body...

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, just that the bible is a product of the Church. It does not exsist in a bubble.
This is backwards.. The church is the product of the Bible..For the Apostle John wrote..
30Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31But these are written that you may[a] believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
Therefore when we believe God adds us to His church His body.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it is a simple matter of order. The cart(works) does not come before the horse(salvation).
Saved, but still living in the corruptible flesh of our bodies, we work out our salvation with fear & trembling, checking everything we hear said(tradition) against what is written (like the Berians mentioned in Rev.), having our salvation justified by our ordained good works.
If we die before we can accomplish a justifying work, we are still saved by our belief (faith), which is a work of God, not of ourselves(free will).

And she describes the work of a pillar accurately - upholding the truth, not being the truth.

The church doesn't need credit, it needs Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VCViking

Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel...
Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeznik
I see another thread on re-inventing the wheel.

Scott_LaFrance-I can find no passage in the bible that talks about anyone inventing the wheel. Therefore it must not exist.

LOL!

Your right, the wheel and Chinese people are not mentioned in the bible.

Scott_LaFrance-:eek: America is not mentioned in the bible!!! Where do I live!!! I must not really exist! This conversation doesn't exist!!!

I guess you two better go see your head mechanic and geography teacher to interpret for you.:)

Upvote 0

VCViking

Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel...
Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
For me this say's it all.....

"The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder, the soul and the spirit, the joints of the marrow, and is the thought and critic and intense of the heart. All scripture is God breathed, and is profitable, for doctrine, for re-proof, for correction for instructions in righteousness, that the man of God might be mature, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamded, rightly dividing the word of truth."

It's a sad so many do not follow this.

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder, the soul and the spirit, the joints of the marrow, and is the thought and critic and intense of the heart. All scripture is God breathed, and is profitable, for doctrine, for re-proof, for correction for instructions in righteousness, that the man of God might be mature, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamded, rightly dividing the word of truth."
Sound and Godly doctrine comes from the scriptures. The bible should be our doctrine that we build upon.. As God breathed.. His words to us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Y

Yeznik

Quote:
I see another thread on re-inventing the wheel.

Scott_LaFrance-I can find no passage in the bible that talks about anyone inventing the wheel. Therefore it must not exist.

LOL!

Your right, the wheel and Chinese people are not mentioned in the bible.

Scott_LaFrance-:eek: America is not mentioned in the bible!!! Where do I live!!! I must not really exist! This conversation doesn't exist!!!

I guess you two better go see your head mechanic and geography teacher to interpret for you.:)

We would but head mechnic's and geography teachers aren't listed in the bible :D

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well if you want to find the things out about God you go to Gods word. If you want to find out things about the wheel you go to the persons writings of whom the Lord gave the wisdome to to invent the wheel.. If I wanted to find out about God I sure would not go to a man and hope he is right.. I would want to to to God and that would be in His written word.. If I wanted to find out about the wheel I sure wouldn't go to a baker that bakes bread.. Would you?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.